New Heroes Arrive! Book IV Midpoint (June 5th)

Anacybele

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Anyone know who the GHB unit is? I'm guessing it'd be Emmeryn.

Notifications says Gangrel is the upcoming GHB unit.

2 hours ago, Nym said:

Honestly, the Anna alt wasn't anything spectacular. It was the same Anna we known for 3 years. This is the first new Anna we can summon. @NSSKG151, I'll be at the funeral of your orbs.

I got 1300 orbs at the moment but I'm probably going to lose every last one of them trying to +10 her.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD MUSTAFA. AKA The best villain in Awakening

And DLC Anna is sweet

----

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Not sure why Mustafa, he was an interesting minor character but we never really had time to know him. Maybe he was voted high?

I believe he ranked pretty high compared to the other villains in Awakening, especially IIRC he was higher than Grima or Validar

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Spot the demote.

Very odd banner, but I'm not averse to having Say'ri speak in Japanese!  Also Best Anna shows up~!

I think it's probably a contract thing, there is probably some legal stuff in the background we don't know about

Just now, Tybrosion said:

This is the first time I went out of my way to dislike a banner trailer. I am actually livid that they prioritized a one-off boss over (not even Severa specifically) literally any of the other missing playable Awakening characters.

Oh and of course, they can also suck it for having a Heroes OC eat up a banner spot again too. 

I think he was a lot more liked than the majority of the villains in Awakening

I think the Say'ri thing was attentional to emphasize her foreign nature within Awakening. Which... kinda doesn't fully work because Walhart but the same thing could happen to her brother. idk, can anyone who speak Japanese tell me if she's speaking in a different tone/formalness level compared to the rest of the japanese VAs? If she is I'd say I'm on the money for the reason why she has no English voice.   Disregard, missed notification about English VAing coming later.

But yeah, weird banner. Full skip. 

Edited by TheNiddo

Now I'm wondering why they made Gangrel the GHB when he's actually playable, unlike Mustafa. I think Mustafa as a GHB would have seemed a lot less strange.

No Severa? Surprised.

I actually don't mind Mustafa. He was a good one-off. (Well, at least from what I can tell. I haven't played Awakening.)

Miribalis? A bit early, but all right.

Anna's a good choice in my opinion. Popular and rather deserving of a non-Heroes Anna version.

Oh dear... It appears that we have powercrept the Myrmidon-archetype again with Say'ri. Kestrel stance 3?! Oh boy... I'm going to lose a few brain cells to her.

That's a big Skip, with tickets on Red for sure.

Like last month, I am more excited for the GHB than the banner.

Also... Another Infantry Axe unit as demotion... Sigh... Ross and Echidna will like to chat with him in the bench.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hopefully Tellius is next month.

YES, PLEASE. So many notable Tellius characters, and great ones, are missing. Right now I actually feel rather mistreated as a Tellius fan because both it and Awakening were kind of due, but IS just throws Tellius fans a bunch of alts while Awakening gets the new heroes banner even though Tellius went longer without one. I love RD Ike as Fallen Ike, but it's not what I wanted most from a new Tellius addition...

Back on the banner... Can someone tell me why Say'ri didn't get an English voice? She definitely had one in Awakening. So why did they omit it here? This doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

OH MY GOD MUSTAFA. AKA The best villain in Awakening

Not exactly a high bar. Awakening's got one of the worst casts of villains in the franchise.

In a sense, it's sad that a one-off boss has slightly more substance than the ones the game actually tries to push as major threats.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Now I'm wondering why they made Gangrel the GHB when he's actually playable, unlike Mustafa. I think Mustafa as a GHB would have seemed a lot less strange.

same here, I felt that was pretty odd that he wasn't since he is a minor boss in game 

I think the reason for this banner is since last year was just about gen 2 units, this time it focus  only gen 1 units.

And apparently those not related to the Shepherd aside of Sai'ri.

Edited by Nym

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Disappointed this is not Tellius though. And why is Mustafa here over Basilio or Flavia or literally anyone else from Awakening that isn't in yet.

Mustafa is a very known character in Awakening. He made a powerful impact on people due to how he comes after Emmeryn's sacrifice with the song, "Don't Speak Her Name". It's very memorable for players that enjoy Awakening. 

It's not a surprise that he's in. Actually, I think he's even more popular than Basilio and Flavia. Flavia is like one of the least popular Awakening characters when the game came out.

3 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

I think the Say'ri thing was attentional to emphasize her foreign nature within Awakening. Which... kinda doesn't fully work because Walhart but the same thing could happen to her brother. idk, can anyone who speak Japanese tell me if she's speaking in a different tone/formalness level compared to the rest of the japanese VAs? If she is I'd say I'm on the money for the reason why she has no English voice. 

But yeah, weird banner. Full skip. 

That has nothing to do with it. The video says her English voice will be added later. It's likely she might be delayed because of COVID.

Mustafa's a strange choice in general, to be honest. It's true that aside from final bosses, we never really know which minor villainous NPCs will get added into the game. This one is weird in particular though because we're still missing so many Awakening characters. It really does feel like a filler banner more than an actual Awakening banner.

The characters here aren't of particular interest to me, so I can skip, I will need to resist the desire to get an easy Mythic hero though because even if I don't care for any of the units, the idea of being able to spark a Mythic is a nice one.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Mustafa is a very known character in Awakening. He made a powerful impact on people due to how he comes after Emmeryn's sacrifice with the song, "Don't Speak Her Name". It's very memorable for players that enjoy Awakening. 

It's not a surprise that he's in. Actually, I think he's even more popular than Basilio and Flavia. Flavia is like one of the least popular Awakening characters when the game came out.

I find this all hard to believe, personally, but it doesn't matter much to me. I still think Basilio, Priam, Severa, or Inigo should've been picked over him.

5 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I believe he ranked pretty high compared to the other villains in Awakening, especially IIRC he was higher than Grima or Validar

Yes, he did rank above Validar but anyone worth a damn should rank above that guy.

Mustafa does not, however, have more all-time CYL votes than any of the other remaining missing playable characters except for Laurent (sorry Sunwoo) and Yen'fay.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I think it's probably a contract thing, there is probably some legal stuff in the background we don't know about

Her VA is the same as Cynthia and Idunn, who goes uncredited, but I’m inclined to say it’s because she is one of many VAs affected by the current pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Back on the banner... Can someone tell me why Say'ri didn't get an English voice? She definitely had one in Awakening. So why did they omit it here? This doesn't make sense to me.

Well, the trailer says that her English lines will be implemented at a later date, so maybe it has to do with the VA IS wanted not being available during that time or something around those lines. At least I think it's something like that.

Yeah after Peony and more, and now this I guess they are planning to start putting OCs in new Heroes banners instead of hogging all the Mythic spot for them.

If it is a good move or not can be argued. I think it's a good thing if the slots for Mythic don't go to OCs since that way it would take forever to get characters like Ashera, Anri and Athos in the game.

And I guess a shiny OC can help sell a banner with relatively unpopular character. But Say'ri is not unpopular, she does ok in CYL. And Anna is Anna.

But then again I see people in this very thread say they don't care for the new Awakening units but want to summon Mirabilis so maybe IS is onto something.

The choices for the banner aren't bad. Gangrel, Say'ri and Awakening Anna are all requested characters but Mustafa is definitely a weird choice. Not a bad choice, just weird. I always want more minor characters like Leila and Rinea in Heroes and Mustafa fits the bill.

As of now Emmeryn and Severa are definitely two big holes in the Awakening roster. They will probably be the Star of their own banners in a year or something. And Validar can be the GHB.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

He made a powerful impact on people due to how he comes after Emmeryn's sacrifice with the song, "Don't Speak Her Name".

Shame they didn't make him a Singer then. 😞

Just now, Anacybele said:

I find this all hard to believe, personally, but it doesn't matter much to me. I still think Basilio, Priam, Severa, or Inigo should've been picked over him.

I'll take Basilio if they make him a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Not exactly a high bar. Awakening's got one of the worst casts of villains in the franchise.

I would disagree on that. Awakening’s villains are perfectly serviceable for the story that they’re a part of. They work to help establish the messages the story sets out to convey and in that way they’re fine.