New Heroes Arrive! Book IV Midpoint (June 5th)

Anacybele

Say'ri's build is interestingly reminiscent of Osian's. Her weapon is identical, and she has a similar A skill.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YES, PLEASE. So many notable Tellius characters, and great ones, are missing. Right now I actually feel rather mistreated as a Tellius fan because both it and Awakening were kind of due, but IS just throws Tellius fans a bunch of alts while Awakening gets the new heroes banner even though Tellius went longer without one. I love RD Ike as Fallen Ike, but it's not what I wanted most from a new Tellius addition...

I have to say, I'd much rather have a partial Awakening banner with Mirabilis in June and a full Tellius banner in July than a partial Tellius banner with Mirabilis in June and full Awakening in July. Awakening has a packed enough roster that it can afford the miss more easily.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So... Will Gangrel have Levin Sword?

As a thief-type unit, I expect him to have a dagger.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, he did rank above Validar but anyone worth a damn should rank above that guy.

He does not, however, have more all-time CYL votes than any of the other remaining missing playable characters except for Laurent (sorry Sunwoo) and Yen'fay.

I'm basing that off a much older popularity poll that came out long before Heroes did

Say'ri's English lines are delayed? Wow, I can only think myself that the pandemic has to be the reason. That sucks if her English VA is sick or someone in her life is. Hope all becomes well again...literally.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, he did rank above Validar but anyone worth a damn should rank above that guy.

Mustafa does not, however, have more all-time CYL votes than any of the other remaining missing playable characters except for Laurent (sorry Sunwoo) and Yen'fay.

Sadly I'm not surprised to hear this lol

But I do expect Laurent to come with the remaining four Awakening kids and be the demote, so I'm not that worried about it.

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Not exactly a high bar. Awakening's got one of the worst casts of villains in the franchise.

I might be a little bias but aren't you forgetting about Fates' villains? I honestly think they are the worse of the franchise.

Just now, Othin said:

I have to say, I'd much rather have a partial Awakening banner with Mirabilis in June and a full Tellius banner in July than a partial Tellius banner with Mirabilis in June and full Awakening in July. Awakening has a packed enough roster that it can afford the miss more easily.

Since I like Mirabilis and think she's the most adorable fairy ever (even more adorable than Peony whom I thought was already adorable lol), I wouldn't have minded her joining with some of my favorite missing Tellius peeps, honestly. XD

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Since I like Mirabilis and think she's the most adorable fairy ever (even more adorable than Peony whom I thought was already adorable lol), I wouldn't have minded her joining with some of my favorite missing Tellius peeps, honestly. XD

The problem is that she takes up a banner slot, so that'd mean one less Tellius unit rather than one less Awakening one.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So... Will Gangrel have Levin Sword?

I'm kind of expecting him to be a dagger unit like he was in that Lost Lore event we had for Awakening last year. Maybe he will have Levin Dagger?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The problem is that she takes up a banner slot, so that'd mean one less Tellius unit rather than one less Awakening one.

Oh, I'm aware. Still wouldn't bother me too much. Especially if it was a Greil Mercs banner seeing as all the missing members are male. IS would have that female they so believe would completely carry such a banner since they never seem to think guys can carry one on their own. I still dislike that logic, but if it meant the rest of the Greil Mercs can get in together, I'll take it.

Edited by Anacybele

We thought Thracia was a victim but it turns out even Awakening gets the short end of the stick. I think they simply lacked the resources for another character due to COVID 19 which can be deduced by the fact that Sayri's english voice actor didn't add her lines on time. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

We thought Thracia was a victim but it turns out even Awakening gets the short end of the stick. I think they simply lacked the resources for another character due to COVID 19 which can be deduced by the fact that Sayri's english voice actor didn't add her lines on time. 

I mean, we're comparing the game that's got the smallest fraction of its playable cast in the game to one that's now back to the second largest.

That could explain it though, depending on how their scheduling works.

Edited by Othin

9 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh heck, they put Mustafa in the game? I might actually have to redownload it.

Pretty much my exact reaction, only with a lot more hype.

Back when I played Heroes regularly, I always voted for him in the CYL, with only ever hope of him getting in as a GHB someday. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected him to be on a banner like this, but you won't hear me complain! Mustafa fans finally coming out on top.

Maybe this is even a sign he'll make it Cipher before it ends as well! Maybe not likely, but certainly neither was this. Regardless, very excited to see the rest of his art/voice lines!

Wait, now that I think about it, Say'ri's English lines being delayed because of the pandemic wouldn't make sense. Aren't lines recorded six months in advance? Six months ago, the virus was still only in China I believe. And regardless, six months is a long time to delay recording lines.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Banners are made 6+ months in advance based on what we found out in an interview before, with the VAing done last. Nothing to do with time on this one, artwork/stats would have been made roughly back at the start of January at latest, before covid really started spreading. They planned these four characters that far back. 

Now what it does mean, is that banners moving forwards could have a lot more VAing oddities depending on the various situations. 

This isn't what I had in mind when they said we'd be getting Awakening Anna. Oh well. Makes sense we'd get an Awakening banner in a book about dreams. Ha ha! Get it? Because sleep? Awakening? Oh, I crack myself up. Anyway, I think we can fit New Heroes from the remaining games (Those being  Sacred Stones, Shadows of Valentia, Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem, and Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn) in the rest of Book 4. We can do it.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I doubt that's the case. They did the same thing with Peony back with the Thracia banner back in  November.

I imagine they have a hard time keeping up with legendary and mythic units from other games to add the OG mythics, we are halfway through Book IV and Hel isn't even playable.

Edited by Nym

Whoa, Mustafa? Kinda wanted Trickster Anna, but another variant of Anna is good. Say'ri was expected and Gangrel is good too. Mirabillis has a nice design, but I probably will skip this banner. Was kinda wishing the next Awakening banner would be Shepherds themed, with Miriel, Ricken, Vaike, and Kellam but oh well. 

1 minute ago, Nym said:

I doubt that's the case. They did the same thing with Peony back with the Thracia banner.

I imagine they have a hard time keeping up with OG units, we are halfway through Book IV and Hel isn't even playable.

Peony was an exception, not the rule. Thracia simply isn't popular so they decided to give a mythic to boost its sales. 

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

now this banner would have been somewhat decent if the blessing of the fairy was different...

I can agree with this, even though I like Mirabilis. She should have been Astra so we can have a refresher in both seasons.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YES, PLEASE. So many notable Tellius characters, and great ones, are missing. Right now I actually feel rather mistreated as a Tellius fan because both it and Awakening were kind of due, but IS just throws Tellius fans a bunch of alts while Awakening gets the new heroes banner even though Tellius went longer without one. I love RD Ike as Fallen Ike, but it's not what I wanted most from a new Tellius addition...

It could be a blessing in disguise for Tellius fans. Think about it, IS decided it was time to mark the second half of Book 4 and give us an OC in a new heroes banner. It this was Tellius, we would have gotten one less Tellius character to make space for Mirabilis.

Would you have liked it if the banner was all the remaining Greil mercs except ONE to make place for Mirabilis?

Or all the Crimean knights except Kieran to make space for Mirabilis (Makalov as the demote)?

Now whether or not the new Tellius banner is next month or in September it is guaranteed to have only Tellius units in it since I bet they are planning to have the next New Heroes banner with a Fairy at the end of the book. Isn't that better?

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

This one is weird in particular though because we're still missing so many Awakening characters. It really does feel like a filler banner more than an actual Awakening banner.

IDK I guess we could call this half filler. Half of it was minor characters (who still have fans. I gave seen plenty of people happy for Anna and Mustafa) but the other half is two playable characters who have huge roles in the story.

With Gangrel and Say'ri in we are only missing Basilio, Flavia, Validar and Emmeryn. Arguably Yen'fay.

And sure just because a character isn't important to the plot it doesn't meam they have no rights. I really want the remaining shepards.

But if we are talking plot importance two of the four characters were excellent choices.