New Heroes Arrive! Book IV Midpoint (June 5th)

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

It could be a blessing in disguise for Tellius fans. Think about it, IS decided it was time to mark the second half of Book 4 and give us an OC in a new heroes banner. It this was Tellius, we would have gotten one less Tellius character to make space for Mirabilis.

Would you have liked it if the banner was all the remaining Greil mercs except ONE to make place for Mirabilis?

Or all the Crimean knights except Kieran to make space for Mirabilis (Makalov as the demote)?

Now whether or not the new Tellius banner is next month or in September it is guaranteed to have only Tellius units in it since I bet they are planning to have the next New Heroes banner with a Fairy at the end of the book. Isn't that better?

I already explained my view on that. Read above.

EDIT: Or rather, the previous page.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and where are people seeing that Gangrel is the GHB? I haven't found any in-game notification or Twitter posts or whatever to say so.

I seriously hope the Book 5 theme is different. This whole fairy stuff just isnt my cup of tea.

Book2: good
Book3: excellent (but very edgy)
Book4: ok... this direction is like the total opposite of Book3 lulz ._., i dont get it

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I seriously hope the Book 5 theme is different. This whole fairy stuff just isnt my cup of tea.

Book4: ok... this direction is like the total opposite of Book3 lulz ._., i dont get it

Huh, I'm the opposite. I didn't care for the theme of Book 3, even if the writing was pretty decent, but I like the fairies in book 4. I'd love for book 5 to add unicorn-riding people or something like that next! I love unicorns and am rather surprised they have not properly appeared in FE given that there are Pegasi, dragons, etc. Even griffons have shown up once.

On occasion we do see winged horses with horns which are often called alicorns (or in the case of Olivia for whatever reason, falicorns), and those are awesome too, but more of those and unicorns would be amazing.

Edited by Anacybele

So this is an Anna alt.

Apotheosis Anna! Cool, even if she should be the final banner as a super broken unit. Not that she doesn't try with Apotheosis Spear (+3 Spd, can just teleposrt next to allies in range, if foe has >74% HP gets +5 Atk/Spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Atk/Spd Form, Atk/Spd Ruse and Joint Drive Spd (Like Joint Drive Atk, she's built for it with her weapon). Next is Say'ri (who speaks only in Japanese for now (I wonder why)), with Amatsu (Yen'fay found dead in the corner) (-1 SC, if HP > 49% she gets DC), Iceberg, Kestrel Stance 3 (Atk/Spd +3 and +1 cooldown on foe per attack) and Close Call 3 (Osian found screaming). Then it's MUSTAFA (WAIT WHAT? FUCKING MUSTAFA'S SUMMONABLE?) Barrier Axe+ (+7 Res if foe attacks first), Bonfire, Water Boost and Def Tactic, shame he's likely a slow tank of sorts but the good thing is he's easily going to drop so that's nice. Finally we get Mirabilis as a Mythic on the banner (Not this banner too!) who's a Red Sword Flier (Least the weapon type seems silly) with Flower of Ease (Res +3, if enemies in 3 columns around unit have a penalty they get -3 Atk/Def/Res in combat (huh.)), Whimsical Dream (Dances, +5 Atk to allies in 2 spaces and -5 Atk to enemies in 4 spaces), Fortress Def/Res 3, Sabotage Def 3 and Def/Res Gap 3. Gangrel is the GHB (Took him long enough). Also, the 15 seconds we get shows that Freyja was..... about as generic as I'd expect her to look. Also Mirabilis attacks Peony? Huh?

So, this banner is weird. I mean, Say'ri having no English lines right now, Apotheosis Anna shows up over regular Awakening Anna, Mustafa summonable (I'm wondering if I should focus on him for +10, but I'm at +4 for Echidna already) and I could see people only wanting Anna or Say'ri, but I'd be cool getting a villain I never expected to ascend this far. Also, Mirabilis shows up as a Mythic, which is expectable but I'm not going to pretend I wanted heroes OCs taking those slots these days.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

And that's fine. I think it's good that everyone has different tastes and preferences. And by making every book different from the previous one they all feel unique which is good.

Personally Book 4 is my favorite book because of the theme. I love otherwordly stuff and being trapped in a dream narratives.

Hm... So Mirabilis is the 4th Hero in the Forging Bonds. Peony was not in the FB of her banner since we had Tanya as insta-demotion... but having Mirabilis in the Forging Bonds is a good way to give us more info a put her.

Also... Is safe to guess Mirabilis as one of the Red slots in the June's Banner, like how Eir and Peony were released on a Hero Fest/New Heroes banner in December and later appeared in December's Legendary Banner? It could mean the Legendary Hero will not be Red now...

@NSSKG151 Good luck in your mission of +10ing Anna. I know you can do it! You may even get some fairies in the way, that may be useful in AR... Or as fodder since she has Fort. Def/Res.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... So Mirabilis is the 4th Hero in the Forging Bonds. Peony was not in the FB of her banner since we had Tanya as insta-demotion... but having Mirabilis in the Forging Bonds is a good way to give us more info a put her.

Also... Is safe to guess Mirabilis as one of the Red slots in the June's Banner, like how Eir and Peony were released on a Hero Fest/New Heroes banner in December and later appeared in December's Legendary Banner? It could mean the Legendary Hero will not be Red now...

@NSSKG151 Good luck in your mission If +10ing Anna. I know you can do it! You may even get some fairies in the way, that may be useful in AR... Or as fodder since she has Fort. Def/Res.

i really doubt Mirabilis will be in the Red slot in the June Banner

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh yes that's true. In hindsight we should have suspected something like this. We already knew that Mirabilis had a sword and we had the Peony precedent. We could have connected the dots.

2 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Oh wow. Mustafa is trending on Twitter it seems.

...Damn, he is. Maybe I seriously underestimated his popularity. Now I kind of wish I hadn't just...not paid attention to him when I played Awakening or whatever caused me to miss whatever makes him so likable to people. I suppose it didn't help that I just didn't enjoy Awakening outside of Frederick shenanigans. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Wow they actually put god in this game crazy. Here I was thinking that Mirabilis would be a staff unit, guess I have to take an L there. If she was actually an Astra Mythic I would be tempted to summon, but defensive a Mythic is whatever. Mustafa getting in is interesting, a minor character getting some spotlight, even though he was decently popular. Fingers crossed for Brigand Boss.

This banner is weird. It almost seems unfinished with one Mythic hero and a random one chapter boss just thrown in to make a full roster. Boring swordmaster lady not even having a voice further suggests Heroes might have ran into production issues. I wonder if this will mean delays down the line. 

Or it just suggest that IS thinks that missing Awakening characters such as Vaike, Flavia and Ricken aren't popular enough to carry a banner.

I actually kinda like fairy girl. She had some decent lines with Veronica. 

36 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Banners are made 6+ months in advance based on what we found out in an interview before, with the VAing done last. Nothing to do with time on this one, artwork/stats would have been made roughly back at the start of January at latest, before covid really started spreading. They planned these four characters that far back. 

So are you saying this banner was completed back in 2019? I'm curious if you remember the interview. 

AHHH THAT BACKGROUND MUSIC

...And that's about it. Units are a yes I suppose, but I have no Orbs and am trying for stuff from Mila's Banner so who can say how this will go, probably depends on if we get a Forging Bonds for it.

Also Freya appears to have boobs that put Loki to shame. /facepalm

@Anacybele Subaki also refers to Nohr's winged horses as Falicorns in a Support with Selena, this isn't the only time. Mustafa was also possibly the most emotionally moving boss in all of Awakening, the dialogue for that chapter is incredibly charged, plus his death quote seriously makes me regret killing any other soldier in the map.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Aweakening gets real.

The backside: more chances on Micky

At least Grangel will be the GHB as expected who's definitely one of the few more memorable and enjoyable characters in FE13 despite being a worse Ashnard clone.

Edited by Falcom Knight

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

This one is weird in particular though because we're still missing so many Awakening characters. It really does feel like a filler banner more than an actual Awakening banner.

Actually, according to my representation checklist, Awakening's cast has the highest percent representation in Heroes of any FE game, with roughly 75% of its CYL4-votable characters present in the game right now.

24 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Oh wow. Mustafa is trending on Twitter it seems.

Yeah.  I heard about it and I felt like Dr. Eggman casually browsing Twitter and suddenly seeing Shadow's junk.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Actually, according to my representation checklist, Awakening's cast has the highest percent representation in Heroes of any FE game, with roughly 75% of its CYL4-votable characters present in the game right now.

Yeah.  I heard about it and I felt like Dr. Eggman casually browsing Twitter and suddenly seeing Shadow's junk.

I admit that maybe "so many characters" wasn't the right choice of words, but you can still have 75% representation and still be missing "a lot" of obvious characters just because the FE cast even one game can be huge. Including all of the playable characters still left, you could still churn out two full banners from it, assuming that they don't decide to add in important NPCs or villains, and that could end up pushing it to three new banners.

26 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Or it just suggest that IS thinks that missing Awakening characters such as Vaike, Flavia and Ricken aren't popular enough to carry a banner.

I'm pretty sure just about all three of those characters aren't super popular outside of some niche fanbases.

Heck, I'm sure more people actually dislike Ricken. I don't think a lot of people liked him even in Awakening's hay day.

46 minutes ago, Hilda said:

that's fair, because i'm the opposite. i thought outside of a few moments. book 3 was blegh. Book 4 i am very much enjoying it. but i gues that's the bright spot. different strokes for folks.