New Heroes Arrive! Book IV Midpoint (June 5th)

Anacybele

I've honestly given up on book 4 lol

The general aesthetic of it is something I stopped liking back when I was seven and the plot's not really intriguing for me, so I'm pretty much just waiting for it to be over.

Book 3 was also nice about not saturating the game with a fuckload of OCs, I really appreciated that. Book 4 just decided to do the thing Book 2 did with regards to characters, though.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

So are you saying this banner was completed back in 2019? I'm curious if you remember the interview. 

No, the banner waa being started on in 2019. They start a banner 6 months in advance and finalise is a month or so before it is out. So the VA of Say’ri not being able to do the lines because of Covid makes sense.

Onto the banner:

Anna: Great fodder, decent weapon, depending on the stat spread a decent Blue lance infantry unit. Great when +10, but most of us won’t get there. Probably still quite good at+1 compared to +10 f2p lance infantry since Lukas and Oboro have rather uninspired refines. Donnel might be better than her with his refine since he also has trainee bst. He was always the best out of them anyways, so for most he’ll probably still be the best out of these four I mentioned.

Say’ri: Entirely dependent on the stat spread. Invested Mareeta and Larcei will outperform her with their weapons/skill synergies. A +10 Athena, Fir or Navarre will be better. She has good fodder though in kestrel stance.

Mustafa: I always felt he was a poor mans attempt at being a Camus archetype. He would have been better imo if he wasn’t around for just his one chapter. Decent skills to dump into the normal summoning pool.

Mirabilis: WOW her assist skill is underwheling. This might even be considered worse than regular sing/dance. You buff the unit you dance with +5 attack, but everyone around who gets that buff on your defense team just lost 5 attack since you just bring Aversa on offense and everyone is panicked. Good job nerfing your own defense team. The debuff on the offense team is nice, but not the biggest issue. The weapon is decent at least, but underwhelming vs Triandra’s. Being Anima makes her uninteresting since Thrasir and Lif are better defense units and Duma can at least provide use with trying to destroy a bolt tower that can do 40 dmg to your team.

Mirabilis is incredibly disappointing to me and the worst anima mythic imo. Being the worst however does not mean she is bad. She still reduces lift and a dancer is useful no matter what. It’s just that what should make her unique falls flat in my opinion.

Gangre opinion when stats and skills are out.

Banner is a skip.

Edited by Vicious Sal

*Starts throwing my all belongings in a volcano, and a kidney too* 

"Vulcan, mightiest of gods, may you forever keep Brigand Boss and Jeorge at bay!"

Sorry, but one-off bosses, regardless of generating a few tears, opens a memey door that I'd rather keep closed. I'd throw babies in the volcano, but Schaeffer would be summonable if I did.

Say'ri, Stabby Outrealm Merchant Anna, and Gangrel are approved by me as good choices. An OC is a bad addition to me, Emmeryn would've been fitting with Gangrel and Mustafa.

Now if you excuse me, I have to engage in ritual cannibalism to appease another god I've invoked, I hope Septimus carpaccio tastes good.

17 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

At least Grangel will be the GHB as expected who's definitely one of the few more memorable and enjoyable characters in FE13 despite being a worse Ashnard clone.

The only cloney thing is the moniker "Mad King". Ashnard is an ideologue who wants chaos for the world and personally loves struggling. Gangrel is a narcissist and a cynic, who would like to witness the sight of goody-goods suffering in Ashnard's chaotic world. But Gangrel himself I'd think has no interest in promoting chaos wherein he himself would be subject to struggle, he wants to live a secure life in entertaining pleasure.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@NSSKG151 Good luck in your mission of +10ing Anna. I know you can do it! You may even get some fairies in the way, that may be useful in AR... Or as fodder since she has Fort. Def/Res.

Heh, thanks. With the sparking system and the 1300 orbs I saved up it should be enough I think. But yeah, blue and red seems to be the only good colors to pull on this banner and I will mostly be focused on blue but if I'm stuck pulling red and Mirabilis comes out I won't argue since I wanted to get Fortress Def/Res for Sothis anyways though then again I don't have an Anima elemental hero yet either.

I wonder what this Anna's stats will end up being. Looking at her skills it looks like she is going to be fast like New Years Anna but maybe this one will trade res for more attack possibly? Depending on what her defense and resistance stats are like I'm probably going to switch most of her skills out to match my personal play style.  Speaking of her skills Apotheosis Spear is literally what Noatun should have been isn't it.

Edited by NSSKG151

Ugh... I might have to buy Orb pack to get the guaranteed summon. Dancers/Singers are something that I just cannot ignore! Mirabilis feels pretty tame as a Dancer/Singer though, although I guess that might be a good thing since she is an Anima Mythic.

Mustafa is a good demote with neat skills.

Say'ri is not great. Kestrel Dance is not as good as Steady Posture and Swift Stance in my opinion since Enemy Phase unit can more easily forgo Atk since they can trigger stronger Specials to offset it. Additional sources of Close Call is nice though, but I do not think most players need that many copies of Close Call.

BIVM!Anna's Weapon is extremely underwhelming, she is the worst of the bunch for fodder, and is pretty much the dud of the banner. Rally Atk/Spd is already available from multiple sources, and unless you need it for scoring, Rallies are basically crap. Forms are crap; Player Phase units do not want it and Enemy Phase units want Stances. Ruses are crap too as it just is not worth wasting an action to do something that can be accomplished automatically by Aversa, Iago, Sabotages, or Pulse Ties. Joint Drives will be irrelevant once proper Drive 3s come out, so it is not worth investing in Joint Drives right now in my opinion. At least Say'ri's Close Call does not seem like it is going to power crept anytime soon. I hope she got trainee BST along with a nice stat spread, cause stats are her only potential saving grace.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ugh... I might have to buy Orb pack to get the guaranteed summon. Dancers/Singers are something that I just cannot ignore! Mirabilis feels pretty tame as a Dancer/Singer though, although I guess that might be a good thing since she is an Anima Mythic.

Dont know at some point ones barrack has enough Dancer/singers and Mirabilis doesnt bring much to the table other units cover mostly allready. If she were an offensiv Mythic it would have been otherwise.
Mirabilis is pretty useless, she cant Infantry pulse your Team, she cant avoid B!Fjorm, because Mythics dont gain stat boosts from their blessings and her buff might be more a detriment  due to Aversa.
Infact a single B!Fjorm with Sudden panic can dismantle her.

I...am pretty disappointed, actually. Never thought I'd say that on an Awakening banner.

I'm not happy that Mirabillis hijacked the banner. Why Anna and Mustafa over the missing Shepherds, like Vaike, Miriel, Kellam, Ricken and Gregor? Don't get me wrong, I really liked Mustafa, but I wouldn't prioritise him over other characters. I honestly thought we'd get Trickster Anna over...Apotheosis Anna? I never got round to playing Apotheosis so idk.

It's nice to see Say'ri, though, plus Gangrel is the GHB.

1 minute ago, SockPuppet said:

POTENTIAL NEW HERO LEAKED:

Hide contents

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/10001005000527-2/

Emmeryn is on the meet the heroes site!! Is this another Tanya kicked out for Peony situation?

Wonder if she'll be an unannounced 3-4 star on the banner or a Kaze-style event reward who gets added to the pool later.

Or neither of the above

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Mustafa is a good demote with neat skills.

Say'ri is not great. Kestrel Dance is not as good as Steady Posture and Swift Stance in my opinion since Enemy Phase unit can more easily forgo Atk since they can trigger stronger Specials to offset it. Additional sources of Close Call is nice though, but I do not think most players need that many copies of Close Call.

BIVM!Anna's Weapon is extremely underwhelming, she is the worst of the bunch for fodder, and is pretty much the dud of the banner. Rally Atk/Spd is already available from multiple sources, and unless you need it for scoring, Rallies are basically crap. Forms are crap; Player Phase units do not want it and Enemy Phase units want Stances. Ruses are crap too as it just is not worth wasting an action to do something that can be accomplished automatically by Aversa, Iago, Sabotages, or Pulse Ties. Joint Drives will be irrelevant once proper Drive 3s come out, so it is not worth investing in Joint Drives right now in my opinion. At least Say'ri's Close Call does not seem like it is going to power crept anytime soon. I hope she got trainee BST along with a nice stat spread, cause stats are her only potential saving grace.

Forms are not crap. If used correctly (in MS or AR for example) it can completely cripple teams. It just depends on your playstyle. 
Neither are rallies. or rouses. Not everyone has an Iago, or an Aversa. or for example. Tethys (or anyone wielding Temari can now debuff atk, spd and def (or res, - or you know. everything). 

with that being said, it's clear anna was created in the extent that if you wanted to invest in her, you'd have to rebuild her from the ground up unless you wanted her as a rally bot. - which again. isn't crap, it just depends on how you want to play. 

15 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

POTENTIAL NEW HERO LEAKED:

Reveal hidden contents

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/10001005000527-2/

Emmeryn is on the meet the heroes site!! Is this another Tanya kicked out for Peony situation?

Okay, if this turns out to be true (which I'm sure it will be, since it's on the dang website), then this banner is...somewhat redeemed for me. I hate that some OC is hijacking the banner and Mustafa getting into Heroes before Gregor, Miriel, Vaike, and several others is pretty meh, but Emmeryn kinda makes up for it.

Spoiler

Nice to see we are likely getting Emmeryn as well considering Gangrel and Mustafa is coming in with this batch of characters. Looks like she is going to be a staff unit which makes sense because she had a higher staff rank and reflects her pacifist nature despite being in the Sage class.

Speaking of the Meet the Heroes website I like how Anna's closely associated character is Tiki and it references their support conversation by saying Tiki was an unknown participant in Anna's business venture.

Aaaaand it's trash. 

Yet another banner with a Heroes OC plopped on. It was gross when Peony did it, and it's just as gross now.

Awakening is so overrepresented that an unimportant boss is bolted on just to give us the most unappealing demote possible.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

29 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Mirabilis: WOW her assist skill is underwheling. This might even be considered worse than regular sing/dance. You buff the unit you dance with +5 attack, but everyone around who gets that buff on your defense team just lost 5 attack since you just bring Aversa on offense and everyone is panicked. Good job nerfing your own defense team. The debuff on the offense team is nice, but not the biggest issue. The weapon is decent at least, but underwhelming vs Triandra’s. Being Anima makes her uninteresting since Thrasir and Lif are better defense units and Duma can at least provide use with trying to destroy a bolt tower that can do 40 dmg to your team.

Mirabilis is incredibly disappointing to me and the worst anima mythic imo. Being the worst however does not mean she is bad. She still reduces lift and a dancer is useful no matter what. It’s just that what should make her unique falls flat in my opinion.

You are underestimating the flexibility Mirabilis can provide on a Defense team. Sure, in a vacuum she might be the worst of the anima units. But when taking into account the entire defense team, she is arguably one of the best.

Outside of L!Azura, there is not much improvement that can made in the dance slot on a defense team. However, that is not true for Lif, Duma, and debatably Thrasir. There are many units you could use that will significantly outperform them on a Defense team. These units will also get the bonus stats that the Anima mythics would not get.

Also, you can always just run normal Dance instead of her main assist.

IMO, Thrasir and Mirabilis is the best Anima combination because of the flexibility it gives you for the rest of your defense team.

55 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Dont know at some point ones barrack has enough Dancer/singers and Mirabilis doesnt bring much to the table other units cover mostly allready. If she were an offensiv Mythic it would have been otherwise.
Mirabilis is pretty useless, she cant Infantry pulse your Team, she cant avoid B!Fjorm, because Mythics dont gain stat boosts from their blessings and her buff might be more a detriment  due to Aversa.
Infact a single B!Fjorm with Sudden panic can dismantle her.

I agree she does not bring much to the table for me. I cannot even use her in Arena Assault for scoring since she is a Mythic. I can use her for Aether Raids defense, although I have not really done much with my defense team, so having her replace Duma probably is not going to improve my score much, if at all.

However, I have an obsession with Dancers/Singers, and I place a high priority on obtaining each and every one of them.

51 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Forms are not crap. If used correctly (in MS or AR for example) it can completely cripple teams. It just depends on your playstyle. 

Forms has positioning requirements, which Player Phase units absolutely do not want. Forms' conditions are not as crippling as Bonds, but you can already get consistent and high stats with Life and Death, Blows, and Brazens. At best, Forms will match Life and Death and Blows, but Forms will generally perform much worse.

For Enemy Phase, being able to offload Guard onto the A slot is a big deal with Stances, as that leave the B slot open for other skills. At best, Forms provides 2 more total stat points than Stances at the cost of giving up Guard. The potential to gain 2 more stats with a conditional requirement and giving up Guard is a horrible trade.

There is absolutely no reason to throw Orbs at BIVM!Anna for fodder when better skill options exists. I can afford to throw Sacred Coins at Defiants for my AA Blade mages because there is not much left for me to upgrade. For a newer player though, throwing Sacred Coins on Defiants is a complete waste since there are so many better Sacred Seals to upgrade. In a vacuum, having a Defiant Sacred Seal is better than having no Sacred Seal, but when better options exist like Swift Sparrow and Brazen Atk/Spd, there is no reason to use nor upgrade Defiants.

Neither are rallies. or rouses. Not everyone has an Iago, or an Aversa. or for example. Tethys (or anyone wielding Temari can now debuff atk, spd and def (or res, - or you know. everything). 

A cheap Rally will do in Aether Raids for Rally traps on defense. That is the only scenario where I can think of where Rallies matters in a performance scenario. In every other performance scenario, you want a positioning Assist. Although not universal, Dulls and Lulls are pretty common on super tanks, so running a more expensive Rally is not always going to be doing much.

Ruses are crap because it uses an action, the area of effect is narrow, and it may require the player to be put into a less advantageous positioning just to use the skill. Dance/Sing also cannot be used to activate Ruses, so Tethys and other Dancers/Singers do not benefit from Ruses. Iago and Aversa can be obtained with Grails for free, and the first copy is only 100 Grails, which is about a week or two of AR play. Iago, Aversa, Sabotages, and Pulse Ties are automatic, meaning the debuffer can do something else important in the meantime like chipping enemies, destroying Aether Structures, or using a positioning Assist. They are also global, meaning that the debuffer does not have to fiddle with potentially bad positioning that may put themselves and their teammates in jeopardy; and the stat check and enemy positioning requirements are also pretty easy to fulfill since enemies tend to bunch up together.

with that being said, it's clear anna was created in the extent that if you wanted to invest in her, you'd have to rebuild her from the ground up unless you wanted her as a rally bot. - which again. isn't crap, it just depends on how you want to play. 

A pure Rally bot is less effective than a Smite bot, and Mordecai exists. Even if you do not want to use Mordecai, a Smite bot with Link-Hone/Fortify/Tactic-Hone/Fortify/Tactic is more than sufficient for buffing and a Smite bot can position teammates.

Edited by XRay

Mustafa is a cool idea, I'm all for adding out there choices and NPCs, too bad I don't particularly care for him though. Awakening is a pretty dry well at this point. I like Gangrel so at least the GHB will be worth doing.

And these fairies ruined the story mode for me tbh, can we move on to book V soon thanks.

Nice to have an alternative to Brady as a current-gen infantry healer. Brady himself needs to be foddered to all other healers for the Push skill, and Mercedes doesn't count because I can't stand her and her base kit does nothing for me. This is assuming Emmy goes into the 3-4* pool of course.

__

As for the banner units, some people care mostly about new characters. Others like me only care about new units, and don't care much about who they are, prioritising utility over representation. Looks like the banner has managed to unite the feuding factions in shared disappointment. 😛

Edited by Humanoid

It's nice to see Awakening Apotheosis Anna finally got in along with Say'ri and I didn't expect to see Mustafa (at least we definitely know his VA for now, if that was the same guy?) managed to join in since he was a minor boss in Awakening. I'm wondered if they starting to add more Minor Bosses from previous in Heroes since we got Playable Characters and Major Bosses in Heroes. Also, I'm kinda wondered if that Female Villain in the end of the Trailer could be Freyja since she was been mentioned that she was Freyr's nightmarish sister that was planning on ruining the dream world with nightmares to everyone while she captured her brother?

Also, I'm started to wondered if they didn't find a way to contact Minae Noji to voice Say'ri in time before the Trailer started due to the Coronavirus Quaratine Pandemic going on?

Edited by King Marth 64

So... rather than just have a pseudo Fates Conquest banner with, say, Charlotte Benny and Nyx plus Mirabilis, three units who definitely have their fans (I'd pull for Benny), they instead dedicate this banner to Apotheosis Anna, without even giving her most of what makes her so scary, Say'ri, who they couldn't give a proper english voice in time and looks very underwhelming for modern Sword Infantry standards, and Mustafa, who I guarantee no one ever thought had half a chance of being put in Heroes (but tbh I'd be cool with summoning).

...I mean... I guess I'll summon a bit, but... this banner looks pretty bad, not gonna lie.

Spoiler

Haaah...more clutter to the colorless pool to make my Norne project take even longer. I mean, I like Emmeryn and all but she doesn't seem to have anything noteworthy in terms of weapon/assist and if she gets Kaze'd I don't expect her to bring any notable skill to the pool considering healer restrictions. 

At the very least I hope she'll be more offensive like Loki instead of having middling stats like Brady/Mercedes. 

Pretty convenient that the 2 units I'm most interested in share a color.

Kestrel Stance 3 is finally here, which is nice. It's amazing for fast tanks with Distant Counter already on their weapon. Unfortunately, I probably won't be using Say'ri for skill fodder until she's +10, but her base kit looks great to give to vanilla Ryoma or Sothis.

Mirabilis is Anima, which is a bit underwhelming, but whatever. Still nice to have.

EDIT: Dunno if it's been posted yet or not, but all of the units are already on the character introductions page, including Emmeryn and Gangrel.

emerina_gentle_exalt_info04.pnggangrel_plegias_mad_king_info04.png

Edited by Ice Dragon