New Heroes Arrive! Book IV Midpoint (June 5th)

Anacybele

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

so, scraping to bottom of the barrel, huh IntSys?

this banner is not Adrift-level for me, since these are all new units (aside from anna), but it's really close, i'm not even remotely interested in any of them
kinda wish vaike was in the banner instead of mustafa

Isn't Adrift really a Special Heroes banner, not a New Heroes one? It has a Paralogue. It had a TT. It was mostly alts. It stuck to a consistent theme.

I don't think they labeled banners NH and SH until later, but everything about Adrift makes it more of the latter.

So in my opinion, this is the worst New Heroes banner of all time.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Isn't Adrift really a Special Heroes banner, not a New Heroes one? It has a Paralogue. It had a TT. It was mostly alts. It stuck to a consistent theme.

I don't think they labeled banners NH and SH until later, but everything about Adrift makes it more of the latter.

They have been labeling them as NH and SH forever I think, and Adrift was definitely labeled as NH. The fact that they are in the normal pool proves that they are in fact NH.

Just now, Michelaar said:

They have been labeling them as NH and SH forever I think, and Adrift was definitely labeled as NH. The fact that they are in the normal pool proves that they are in fact NH.

Yeah, back from the start. Adrift has always been officially New Heroes. 

21 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

I'll be trying my Free on Anna, pull the rest on Mustafar and that's it.

Kinda of a pretty disappointing one. And is Say'ri really speaking japonese? 

They will add her English lines later as explained in the video.

18 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

New Heroes and Special Heroes are technical terms referring to whether or not the Heroes on a Focus will be added into the permanent summoning pool, and it has been that way since day 1 of the game. It has no relation to Paralogues, Tempest Trials, or anything else. All units from New Heroes Foci get added into the permanent summoning pool unless it is a Duo Hero, Mythic Hero, or Legendary Hero. All units from Special Heroes Foci do not get added into the permanent summoning pool.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

New Heroes and Special Heroes are technical terms referring to whether or not the Heroes on a Focus will be added into the permanent summoning pool, and it has been that way since day 1 of the game. It has no relation to Paralogues, Tempest Trials, or anything else. All units from New Heroes Foci get added into the permanent summoning pool unless it is a Duo Hero, Mythic Hero, or Legendary Hero. All units from Special Heroes Foci do not get added into the permanent summoning pool.

To expand, there have been many New Heroes banners associated with Paralogues. In particular, Book 1 had 9 New Heroes banners associated with Paralogues, with the only ones with a clear "reason" for it being CYL and Farfetched. 

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Stat boots and Guidance/Air Orders/Ground Orders/etc. are nice, but I do not think using bonus stat buffs outside the context of Rally traps is a good idea. And even for Rally traps, you want to use the weakest Rally possible. At best, bonus buffs does nothing against a super tank with Dull/Lull. At worst, the offense team can just Panic the buffed defense units and make things worse.

As I mentioned, the most common source of Panic is Aversa and Sudden Panic, which are completely nullified by the initial positioning of your units.

I don't think the Panic Manor (O) is widely used except on weeks where it is the bonus structure (and is likely to be seen even less if Fallen Ike becomes more common), and even then, it is completely dumb luck whether or not it hits a vital unit based on positioning and can be completely shut down simply with the HP boost from your defense Mythic Heroes if the Panic Manor isn't significantly leveled.

Extra props if you set up your defense map so that Fallen Ike is the one receiving the Rally since it literally cannot backfire.

2 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Kinda of a pretty disappointing one. And is Say'ri really speaking japonese? 

The English voice acting studio for Heroes is currently closed due to the pandemic, and they likely didn't get her voice lines recorded in time before the closure.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Did Sharena just go ahead and secretly give Gangrel the backstory that Awakening never did? You go, girl!

You're right about it not being in Awakening itself but Sharena did not come up with it out of thin air. Part of his background was only ever revealed on the japanese website for Awakening.

oPVrp7x.jpg

I'm pretty sure only the part about his mother is new and that's mentioned near the end here. I think the game does address at least to some extent that he grew up in terrible conditions.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As I mentioned, the most common source of Panic is Aversa and Sudden Panic, which are completely nullified by the initial positioning of your units.

I don't think the Panic Manor (O) is widely used except on weeks where it is the bonus structure (and is likely to be seen even less if Fallen Ike becomes more common), and even then, it is completely dumb luck whether or not it hits a vital unit based on positioning and can be completely shut down simply with the HP boost from your defense Mythic Heroes if the Panic Manor isn't significantly leveled.

Extra props if you set up your defense map so that Fallen Ike is the one receiving the Rally since it literally cannot backfire.

If you try to avoid Sudden Panic and Aversa with positioning though, you have to spread your units out pretty far, and that makes them more susceptible to supertanks since the defense team is less able to concentrate their firepower with overlapping attack range.

While some units can avoid Aversa and Sudden Panic by stacking HP, not all units can afford to do that, especially the combat ones. While defense Mythics can help, if a player is bringing offense Mythics, then Aversa can still usually win the HP check against most nukes.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Did Sharena just go ahead and secretly give Gangrel the backstory that Awakening never did? You go, girl!

Great, now I'm mourning the wasted potential of Gangrel and Plegia like it's 2013 all over again.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you try to avoid Sudden Panic and Aversa with positioning though, you have to spread your units out pretty far, and that makes them more susceptible to supertanks since the defense team is less able to concentrate their firepower with overlapping attack range.

You seriously underestimate the ability of Guidance and a pair of dancers to suddenly make an army all appear in the same place. I'd know. I fell for that trap last week.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

While some units can avoid Aversa and Sudden Panic by stacking HP, not all units can afford to do that, especially the combat ones. While defense Mythics can help, if a player is bringing offense Mythics, then Aversa can still usually win the HP check against most nukes.

Aversa might win the HP check, but can't do squat against units that are separated from each other, which makes the HP check completely irrelevant except against Panic Manor (O).

Super stoked for sparking this fairy, she'll make a fine addition to my Anima defense, replacing my current L!Azura, and cutting my max lift loss from -54 to -39. Unfortunately I can't add her right away since I need a good cheap banner for another Ground Orders 3 fodder for my shenanigans. A pity she's not Astra though, I'd be even more hyped about that.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

I agree she does not bring much to the table for me. I cannot even use her in Arena Assault for scoring since she is a Mythic.

What did you mean by this? If you're referring to the +1 point gained for fielding an on-season blessed unit, then you are incorrect.

Mythic (and Mythic blessed) units do count for that +1 if they line up with the season. Fielding an Anima Mythic/blessed unit this week in AA would grant that +1, since it is Water/Wind/Astra/Anima.
Source: I used stuff like Peony last week in AA and still gained all the bonus points.

If you instead meant for Team1 in AA, of course she's not viable there unless she's +10'd and has R Duel Flier.

Just now, Azuni said:

What did you mean by this? If you're referring to the +1 point gained for fielding an on-season blessed unit, then you are incorrect.

Mythic (and Mythic blessed) units do count for that +1 if they line up with the season. Fielding an Anima Mythic/blessed unit this week in AA would grant that +1, since it is Water/Wind/Astra/Anima.
Source: I used stuff like Peony last week in AA and still gained all the bonus points.

If you instead meant for Team1 in AA, of course she's not viable there unless she's +10'd and has R Duel Flier.

I did not know that. I thought Mythic scoring only worked in Aether Raids and Mjölnir's Strike. I guess I can use her in Arena Assault, but she is not going to be a consistent scoring unit though, although I guess Legendary units and their Blessed units are even less consistent since Mythics have a far more consistent schedule.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

I did not know that. I thought Mythic scoring only worked in Aether Raids and Mjölnir's Strike. I guess I can use her in Arena Assault, but she is not going to be a consistent scoring unit though, although I guess Legendary units and their Blessed units are even less consistent since Mythics have a far more consistent schedule.

Mythic Heroes count as blessed with all Legendary blessings when it is their season in every mode except for Aether Raids and Mjolnir's Strike, so naturally you'd get the +1 point in Arena Assault that blessed units receive.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mythic Heroes count as blessed with all Legendary blessings when it is their season in every mode except for Aether Raids and Mjolnir's Strike, so naturally you'd get the +1 point in Arena Assault that blessed units receive.

I see, so basically they are the opposites of Legendary Heroes in their respective modes. I guess that means I should Bless my Dancers/Singers with Mythic Blessings rather than Legendary Blessings so I have more flexibility in Arena Assault.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I see, so basically they are the opposites of Legendary Heroes in their respective modes. I guess that means I should Bless my Dancers/Singers with Mythic Blessings rather than Legendary Blessings so I have more flexibility in Arena Assault.

Bear in mind that that only applies to mythic heroes, not to units with mythic blessings. 

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... I just realized it... We may not have a Mythic Hero Battle for Mirabilis... Rip 1 Anima Blessing, 1 Golden Accessory and 9 Orbs.

We only normally get one legendary/mythic hero battle added per month, so I wouldn't really call this losing anything. We'll be getting the normal haul for a regular story chapter, like with Peony.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Honestly, I hope they change their minds, I'm still annoyed I can't change the VAs around in FEH and Say'ri's JP voice always fit her better.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Bear in mind that that only applies to mythic heroes, not to units with mythic blessings. 

Darn. That sucks.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Darn. That sucks.

The on-season mythic being omni-blessed by the on-season legendary is mythic-only, but the +1 pt for being mythic blessed in AA still works. Couldn't tell which part you were answering about though.

38 minutes ago, Azuni said:

The on-season mythic being omni-blessed by the on-season legendary is mythic-only, but the +1 pt for being mythic blessed in AA still works. Couldn't tell which part you were answering about though.

I think I am still confused. So only Mythic units count towards score but not Mythic Blessed units?

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... I just realized it... We may not have a Mythic Hero Battle for Mirabilis... Rip 1 Anima Blessing, 1 Golden Accessory and 9 Orbs.

OC Legendarys/Mythics that are friends with the Askr-Trio usually dont have a battle.
See Gunnthra, See Fjorm, See Eir, See Peony. The only ecxeption was Hrid

Lif and Thrasir were opponents so thats that.

Still a shame, i wish we would get some bonus Legendary Hero battles with reinforcements:
Hrid Gunnthra Fjorm Ylgr on a map
Eir Thrasir Lif on a map
FGrima Lucina Chrom on a map
Ryoma and Azura on a map
Hector Eliwood and Lyn
Marth and Tiki

well you get the Idea.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

OC Legendarys/Mythics that are friends with the Askr-Trio usually dont have a battle.
See Gunnthra, See Fjorm, See Eir, See Peony. The only ecxeption was Hrid

Lif and Thrasir were opponents so thats that.

Still a shame, i wish we would get some bonus Legendary Hero battles with reinforcements:
Hrid Gunnthra Fjorm Ylgr on a map
Eir Thrasir Lif on a map
FGrima Lucina Chrom on a map
Ryoma and Azura on a map
Hector Eliwood and Lyn
Marth and Tiki

well you get the Idea.

Yeah! I like your idea of bonus Legendary/Mythic Battles... Basically a new Tier of Bound Hero Battles... 

Legendary Alm and Legendary Celica would be pretty hard... lol

I wish at least they give us a Legendary/Mythic Hero Battle of the heroes that still don't have it... I guess it's ok for Askr-Trio friends to not have these maps, but I wish Ike and Ephriam had LHB maps.