New Heroes Arrive! Book IV Midpoint (June 5th)

Anacybele

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think I am still confused. So only Mythic units count towards score but not Mythic Blessed units?

There's two separate things here:

-AA +1 bonus score for fielding any on season unit (applies to all Legend/Mythics and any units blessed that match the said season)

-Team scoring range boosts in all 3 Arena modes
This is probably the one that confuses you. In essence, any on-season Mythic is counted as being blessed by any on-season Legends in the same team, and thus will gain both the visible stat points and boost your score range appropriately.

So say you have a Water legend on a team with 2 Water-blessed units and an on-season Mythic (ex: this week of Water-Anima, and the Mythic is Anima). The Mythic will boost your score range by 2 just like each of the Water-blessed units on the team, so it is considered water-blessed during this season combination. However, this does not apply for an Anima-blessed unit that you could try to put on the same team as the Water legend. They would gain neither the visible stats nor boost your score range, so this 'omni-blessed' privilege in arena is reserved for Mythics.

You could play around with this on the scorecalc, it lets you see what happens when you match up the seasons for a Mythic and Legend on one team.
http://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/

An easier way to digest it may be to just think of the comparison between AR and Arena: in AR, Mythics bless the (on-season) Legends, while Legends bless Mythics in Arena.

Back on topic, I hope this fairy cements Triandra and Plumeria into being Dark and Astra dancers to pull at a later date.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Azuni said:

There's two separate things here:

-AA +1 bonus score for fielding any on season unit (applies to all Legend/Mythics and any units blessed that match the said season)

-Team scoring range boosts in all 3 Arena modes
This is probably the one that confuses you. In essence, any on-season Mythic is counted as being blessed by any on-season Legends in the same team, and thus will gain both the visible stat points and boost your score range appropriately.

So say you have a Water legend on a team with 2 Water-blessed units and an on-season Mythic (ex: this week of Water-Anima, and the Mythic is Anima). The Mythic will boost your score range by 2 just like each of the Water-blessed units on the team, so it is considered water-blessed during this season combination. However, this does not apply for an Anima-blessed unit that you could try to put on the same team as the Water legend. They would gain neither the visible stats nor boost your score range, so this 'omni-blessed' privilege in arena is reserved for Mythics.

You could play around with this on the scorecalc, it lets you see what happens when you match up the seasons for a Mythic and Legend on one team.
http://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/

An easier way to digest it may be to just think of the comparison between AR and Arena: in AR, Mythics bless the (on-season) Legends, while Legends bless Mythics in Arena.

Back on topic, I hope this fairy cements Triandra and Plumeria into being Dark and Astra dancers to pull at a later date.

whatthewhat
That's incredibly useful to know, thanks!

2 hours ago, Azuni said:

Just want to make sure I get this part straight. So Mythic Blessed units that matches the season will count towards +1 score whether or not there is a Mythic unit present?

If that is the case, then that means I should give all my Dancers/Singers Mythic Blessings rather than Legendary Blessings, since Mythic seasons are more consistent and I can have more choice and flexibility.

I'm kind of envious of Emmeryn's art.  I think Lissa would look good with that artist.
I don't particularly care about her, but I do want to have her with her siblings.
How she's obtainable will be a real mystery though, I wouldn't mind if they brought back 3*/4* pool additions.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Just want to make sure I get this part straight. So Mythic Blessed units that matches the season will count towards +1 score whether or not there is a Mythic unit present?

If that is the case, then that means I should give all my Dancers/Singers Mythic Blessings rather than Legendary Blessings, since Mythic seasons are more consistent and I can have more choice and flexibility.

Correct, you do not need any mythics/legends present, you can test it yourself as well if you're unsure.

As you said, it is more efficient to use mythic blessings for AA units instead of legend blessings, since then rather than 3 teams of 4 units required per blessing, its 6 teams of 4 units for each Light/Dark and Astra/Anima set, making the units used very consistent.

15 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Not at all, Mirabilis is just a strictly worse dancer to have than other dancers that are available. L!Azura still gives better mobility with Gray waves and is able to equip Silver goblet which is way better than Prayer wheel. Peony can grant extra mobility as well. Reyson is able to gain 3 move on specific defense teams. Silvia, Ninian and Tethys can use Infantry Pulse and be either great frontline units or nukes on their own. 

Mirabilis brings none of that. She debuffs the enemy, whereas sabotage atk can provide similar results, bright shrine exists. And her dance most likely debuffs your team since panic is easily applied. The best about her is her weapon and the fact that she grants Hp and Res. And she reduces lift loss. 

Mirabili does not offer more than that though, also not at high merges. Thrasir and Lif can become crazy nukes or a great frontline, offer IP support and also reduce lift loss without sacrifing mobility of the defense team. They also can do this at low merges.

Again, Mirabilis is not bad, but absolutely underwhelming compared to units that have the same role as her on a defense team.

Silvia, Ninian, and Tethys are not nuking anything with 27, 24, and 27 base attack respectively. They provide no offensive pressure at all.

If you are running 2 anima units on defense, Lif and Thrasir don't have enough HP to effectively use IP.

In my personal experience, Thrasir is solid, but I have been unimpressed with Lif as a frontline unit.

On an IP team, I would choose to run Mirabilis and a +10 Seliph over Silvia and an unmerged Lif.

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Stats: 

gangrel: 19/6/10/5/8 -> 45/32/38/24/27

emmeryn: 19/6/8/6/8 -> 43/32/34/23/30

say'ri: 18/9/10/6/8 -> 40-/35/40+/23/34

mustafa: 19/10/6/10/6 -> 45/38/25+/36/28

anna: 19/9/10/6/7 -> 38+/35/40+/28-/31

mirabilis: 16/8/5/6/7 -> 38-/34/18-/32/35

awakening_midterm_lv40.png

Freya: 

YpWz6ZJl.png

Emm and gangrel kits:

Screenshot_20200604-232935_Discord.jpg

At least 20% is better than that joke 10% that Gaius had.

oh and big sad for another 5* locked WoM. Eternally too few Cains

7 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

I'm kind of envious of Emmeryn's art.  I think Lissa would look good with that artist.

Yeah, about that [Datamine Spoliers, I guess]:

Spoiler

That's actually the same artist (Zaza) as vanilla Lissa, and the first time they've done art for this game since launch.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

That's actually the same artist (Zaza) as vanilla Lissa, and the first time they've done art for this game since launch.

I see noodle arms runs in the family

@Vicious Sal that's the wrong tag.

So I managed to pull the two biggest possible troll banes on units.  Mustafa's gonna ditch the axe for a Brave Axe, and Say'ri will probably get another stance in her S slot.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

@Vicious Sal that's the wrong tag.

So I managed to pull the two biggest possible troll banes on units.  Mustafa's gonna ditch the axe for a Brave Axe, and Say'ri will probably get another stance in her S slot.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. 

I've somehow managed to grab Fallen Ike and Mirabilis with tickets only. Along with a random second legendary Julia. That's ... pretty damn lucky.

Speaking of Julia, FORGING BONDS AUTOEQUIP PUT THE MUSTACHE ON HER WHY

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. 

I think @eclipse means that you were supposed to put the datamine info into a spoiler tag

Spoiler

like so.

but instead you put it into a quote.

like so.

Datamine info generally gets put into Spoiler tags, for people who don't want to look at that info before we're supposed to know about it. If anything, putting it in a Quote box brings further attention to info some people don't wanna know.

Of course it doesn't matter now, but for the future keep in mind the difference between a Quote box and a Spoiler box.

Here's one for you: why wasn't Emmeryn announced? The trailer song was "Don't speak her name!', so they didn't.

Seriously though, Mirabilis' shoehorning makes this a very weird banner.

My ticket loot:
bfb80633f9.png

•A!Anna (+Spd/-Atk) - sonic speed blue lance is tempting, but foddering her out of spite for that -Atk is also tempting
•Say'ri (+Res/-Def) - without a doubt being foddered to a more worthwhile unit
•Siegbert (+???/-???) - I have a +Atk already and I know this one wasn't +Spd, so I immediately manual'd him and forgot what his IV was
•B!Alm (+Res/-Spd) - trash IV, handy Threat. Atk/Spd fodder
•Mirabilis (Neutral) - spark target because she'd be harder to acquire than Anna due to the color sharing with Say'ri

Tickets after the spark did not produce anything. Will probably come back later to try for more A!Annas.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

Wow, I checked my Emmeryn and you're right.  It's good to see that they've improved by a lot.

Interesting that we've got 10 free summons rather than the usual 5. That means reaching the spark is only 113-150 orbs rather than 135-175.

Tempting, but I don't really need anything here. Planning on holding off until I can at least see the upcoming summer banner. 

Hello everyone, I just wanted to give my two cents about the most recent update, and the music in the Book IV Midpoint movie absolutely slaps.

The units are also pretty cool. I'm going for Anna (I got pity-broken by Sumia today, though. RIP), although Mirabilis is also really good, but it's another sword flier, and sharing a color with Say'ri, hmmm.

I wish you all the best of luck on your summons. I'm interested to see how Book IV will turn out in the end!

Man, I'm so happy to finally be able to support Emmeryn with Gangrel! Also, Gangrel looks like he'll be a fairly high res unit and a good debuffer. I have him and Emmeryn both at 5* +1. I may have to make a team built around them and figure out how to build up my Emmeryn. Also, I may need to write up some support conversations between them.