How do I safely lure Naesala in chapter 19?

I need to talk to him so the raven start retreating and I can get that juicy BEXP, how do I do that though? I suppose luring him at 2-range is better because he uses Wind?

50 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Definitely 2 range. It has the same stats as Elwind except it has no effective damage. That paired with his lower magic makes this much weaker then his melee attacks.

Oh Elwind? I thought it was Wnd because that's what the description says.

Deploy Tanith.

Tanith has a unique skill called reinforce. It spawns three yellow Pegasus Knights that you can order around like Lethe and Mordecai in chapter 9. Let one of them lure Naesala from the ballista that's on the foot of the hill. (Although you might wanna kill that archer on the ballista to make things easier)

That's how I always did it, including my recent Ironman. If you do it correctly, you should be fine.

Side note, try to convert Naesala into a green unit without killing any crows. Doing so will net you the Knight Ring, which gives Canto to any unit you want (Idk if the item is exclusive to a second playthrough tho). That was something I was actually unaware of until I did that chapter in the ironman run.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Koops said:

Good luck.

Wait no what the fuckkkkkkkkk

Reyson can't talk to Naesala??? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH I'm on a cliff, but what gives? They're flying? bruh

EDIT: Ok nvm Tanit's guard took a hit man I feel terrible for it but damn you Naesala, cursed wrench!

Edited by This boi uses Nino

Oh yeah.

You actually have to talk to Naesala with either Janaff and Ulky, and then, on the enemy phase, Naesala will fly towards Reyson himself and talk to him. He does so before any other raven moves btw.

14 minutes ago, Koops said:

Oh yeah.

You actually have to talk to Naesala with either Janaff and Ulky, and then, on the enemy phase, Naesala will fly towards Reyson himself and talk to him. He does so before any other raven moves btw.

Yeah I figured... ha... haha! I was scared as hell but I DID IT! God damn it PoR this chapter... I can't decide wether it's well designed because of the peril you get to or if it's terrible for it.

For what it's worth I think that it was hinted since the pre-battle cutscenes what you're supposed to do, but anyway if you find this map bad, then oh boy wait till you get to chapter 25.

Anyway, did you get the Knight Ring?

8 minutes ago, Koops said:

For what it's worth I think that it was hinted since the pre-battle cutscenes what you're supposed to do, but anyway if you find this map bad, then oh boy wait till you get to chapter 25.

Anyway, did you get the Knight Ring?

Yep, got it all, should it go to Reyson? It seems super useful on him but it wouldn't get much use if I don't use it smartly. Oh I know chapter 25 is poopoo specially in maniac mode.

You could give it to Reyson, yeah. He's very fragile so having him being able to refresh people and then back off is a nice thing to have (especially if he's transformed). Personally I put it on Boyd on my last playthrough but Reyson sounds like the optimal choice (or pretty much any squishy units you have who aren't mounted, that will allow them to do things on the frontlines without exposing themselves too much).