Forging Bonds: Renewed Resolve!

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Check her descriptions again.

She may be from Radiant Dawn, but for whatever reason Heroes still considers that one a "princess". No, it doesn't make any sense. Neither does leaving out the other queens and putting in Camilla, who is never queen of Nohr in any universe we can play as. This isn't some slight to Elincia, it's just Heroes being Heroes.

No, it also says "appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn." Elincia is crowned queen before that game happens. So regardless of her title in Heroes, she is queen. The description also saying "princess of Crimea" is clearly an error. Because exactly, it makes no sense. So yeah, I still say she got fucked over.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, it also says "appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Elincia is crowned queen before that game happens. So regardless of her title in Heroes, she is queen. The description also saying "princess of Crimea" is clearly an error. So yeah, I still say she got fucked over.

You're not listening to what I'm saying

I'm very aware dancer Elincia is from Radiant Dawn, which means she should be queen by actual RD canon standards.

However, Heroes does not give a fuck about that and considers her to still be a princess. They called her a "princess" twice, once in her description and again in her title. It's an error, but it's one they're doubling down on. Or they for whatever reason chose to call her princess anyway while knowing otherwise.

Therefore by Heroes standards it doesn't care that Radiant Dawn Elincia is actually a queen in canon. In Heroes her summer "RD" form is still a princess.

So, I mean, you're free to think that she got fucked over, but no version of Elincia in Heroes EXPLICITLY calls her a queen even if one of them SHOULD be a queen. Therefore, there is no Queen Elincia in Heroes, as far as the game is concerned.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You're not listening to what I'm saying

I'm very aware dancer Elincia is from Radiant Dawn, which means she should be queen by actual RD canon standards.

However, Heroes does not give a fuck about that and considers her to still be a princess. They called her a "princess" twice, once in her description and again in her title. It's an error, but it's one they're doubling down on. Or they for whatever reason chose to call her princess anyway while knowing otherwise.

Therefore by Heroes standards it doesn't care that Radiant Dawn Elincia is actually a queen in canon. In Heroes her summer "RD" form is still a princess.

So, I mean, you're free to think that she got fucked over, but no version of Elincia in Heroes EXPLICITLY calls her a queen even if one of them SHOULD be a queen. Therefore, there is no Queen Elincia in Heroes, as far as the game is concerned.

Okay, but I do get exactly what you're saying. All I'm saying is that I disagree with how the game has treated her because of that line you italicized here and that I am now annoyed at it because this FB just kind of threw salt in that wound. I feel so bad for her and her fans now.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

She may be from Radiant Dawn, but for whatever reason Heroes still considers that one a "princess". No, it doesn't make any sense. Neither does leaving out the other queens and putting in Camilla, who is never queen of Nohr in any universe we can play as. This isn't some slight to Elincia, it's just Heroes being Heroes.

I'm just going to assume that they just automatically labeled her as "from Radiant Dawn" because of Micaiah's presence on that banner. She very clearly should be labeled as "from Path of Radiance" instead but I guess they were just too lazy to do so.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck for Elincia, just that it's probably the standard they're going with.

I mean, of all the actual queens they could've used in this FB they picked Camilla, who like I said is never actually queen of Nohr ever. The one time where she could have become a queen she dumped the responsibility on Leo. I just checked out all of Brave Camilla's quotes and I'm disappointed that there's no actual explanation of why she's the queen. Is Brave Camilla from an unplayable post-Birthright universe where she stepped up to the responsibility instead of dumping it on Leo? Is she from an unplayable Nohr where Xander died? He wouldn't just abdicate the throne because that's not who Xander is, so for Camilla to be queen he at the very least needs to be dead.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm just going to assume that they just automatically labeled her as "from Radiant Dawn" because of Micaiah's presence on that banner. She very clearly should be labeled as "from Path of Radiance" instead but I guess they were just too lazy to do so.

That's also a plausible explanation. Although PoR!Elincia wouldn't know who Micaiah is, and I think they spoke as if they were familiar with each other. Either way, IS fucked up canon somewhere.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but I do get exactly what you're saying. All I'm saying is that I disagree with how the game has treated her because of that line you italicized here and that I am now annoyed at it because this FB just kind of threw salt in that wound. I feel so bad for her and her fans now.

Don't you believe that there is an alternative universe that Elincia and Ike end together?

So there is also an alternative universe that for some reason RD Elincia didn't become a Queen yet when she was invited for the festival in Hoshido and then was summoned in Askr.

There is also the possibility that Elincia is a member of the group, but wasn't available at that time to participate of the events. Maybe she was helping others, alongside Corrin, Queen of Valla, Celica, Queen of Valentia, and Caeda, Queen of Altea.

You guys take these things too serious sometimes...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

You guys take these things to serious sometimes...

Not sure if this is directed at me, but analyzing the fuck out of things that probably have no meaning is just what I do.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Don't you believe that there is an alternative universe that Elincia and Ike end together?

So there is also an alternative universe that for some reason RD Elincia didn't become a Queen yet when she was invited for the festival in Hoshido and then was summoned in Askr.

There is also the possibility that Elincia is a member of the group, but wasn't available at that time to participate of the events. Maybe she was helping others, alongside Corrin, Queen of Valla, Celica, Queen of Valentia, and Caeda, Queen of Altea.

You guys take these things to serious sometimes...

...Well, yeah, when you put it that way, that is very possible. She could even be an Elincia that marries Ike BECAUSE she didn't become queen!

That second point is possible too, yeah. I'd be cool with that.

And well, this wouldn't have bothered me so much if Elincia hadn't already seemed to get forgotten a lot and not get much love already. She's one of the few important characters in the series that isn't very popular and yet is still considered a lead by IS themselves. So yeah, like I said, salt in the wound... Sorry though.

Edited by Anacybele

I think it's safe to say that none of the Seasonal alts are meant to be canonical or even close to canon. They could make an alt were RD Elincia is a farmer and it wouldn't matter. The Brave units also require a bit of creativity since they're unplanned by the devs and chosen by the fans, and TBH what they did with Brave Camilla makes the most sense. She doesn't get anything really remarkable in any of her canon endings.

It's like... I don't know, taking every single Scooby-Doo series and movie and trying to make a coherent timeline out of it. There's definitely some logic in the foundation, but trying to make sense out of everything is just madness.

More on-topic I will say that I'm loving this so far. I have this mental image of Itsuki and Tsubasa telling Anna about Uber Eats, and it's hilarious.

Edited by Jave

1 hour ago, Jave said:

I think it's safe to say that none of the Seasonal alts are meant to be canonical or even close to canon.

Thing is, several of them reference certain DLC content from Awakening or Fates. Summer Frederick mentions that he "sinned" which is what he tells Libra in their summer scramble conversation. Halloween Henry mentions that he taught Frederick and Ricken dark magic which did happen in the Awakening harvest scramble. And the Fates summer units are dressed in the same swimsuits that they have in the Fates summer DLC. Summer Gaius also has the same swimshorts as he does in the Awakening summer scramble.

So at least some of them are canon at least to DLC content. The only oddballs I see so far are dancer Elincia whose origin game and title contradict one another and summer Cordelia whose swimsuit for some reason does not match the one she wears in the Awakening summer scramble. Though I'd say that latter one could simply be the artist not liking the original swimsuit or something.

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thing is, several of them reference certain DLC content from Awakening or Fates. Summer Frederick mentions that he "sinned" which is what he tells Libra in their summer scramble conversation. Halloween Henry mentions that he taught Frederick and Ricken dark magic which did happen in the Awakening harvest scramble. And the Fates summer units are dressed in the same swimsuits that they have in the Fates summer DLC. Summer Gaius also has the same swimshorts as he does in the Awakening summer scramble.

So at least some of them are canon at least to DLC content. The only oddballs I see so far are dancer Elincia whose origin game and title contradict one another and summer Cordelia whose swimsuit for some reason does not match the one she wears in the Awakening summer scramble. Though I'd say that latter one could simply be the artist not liking the original swimsuit or something.

I mean, those are situations where the FEH devs have stuff to draw from to make seasonals. Pre-Awakening characters had none of that, so they had to get creative for those.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not a huge deal. I get what prompted this discussion was the lack of Elincia in a particular convo, but hey, it happens. Both CHOP and the Swordgirl Club from previous FBs were missing some notable members.

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

I mean, those are situations where the FEH devs have stuff to draw from to make seasonals. Pre-Awakening characters had none of that, so they had to get creative for those.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not a huge deal. I get what prompted this discussion was the lack of Elincia in a particular convo, but hey, it happens. Both CHOP and the Swordgirl Club from previous FBs were missing some notable members.

Well, sure, but just because pre-Awakening characters didn't have as much stuff to draw from doesn't mean those seasonal units can't be canon. Just saying.

But yeah, you're right, honestly. It isn't really that big a deal.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

That's also a plausible explanation. Although PoR!Elincia wouldn't know who Micaiah is, and I think they spoke as if they were familiar with each other. Either way, IS fucked up canon somewhere.

Micaiah didn't interact with Elincia in the prologue, Micaiah only interacted with Xander and Elincia interacted with Ryouma. You can argue Elincia knows about Micaiah because she knew that Micaiah was acting strange during the TT but that's not evidence for her knowing Micaiah from RD because they can interact in Askr and Ryouma also seems to know about Micaiah even more than Elincia. 

Although you could argue that Xander says he only knew her briefly which Elincia didn't say which could imply that Elincia knows Micaiah far more than Xander which is only possible if this is truly Queen Elincia. 

But Elincia acts like she doesn't show much concern about Micaiah and doesn't really interact other than asking who are you when she's possessed? If Elincia knew it was Micaiah, she would have thought about Yune. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Why is Elincia not part of this queen club? She unofficially is queen of Crimea at the point she joins Heroes from, even if her official crowning is not until the end of PoR. Micaiah's official crowning isn't until the end of RD and she's part of it. Even this game forgets poor Elincia, just like fans and IS themselves... This is so annoying to me as a huge fan of her.

Are you upset that Micaiah was chosen as a Queen? 

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: I also forgot Edelgard, who is emperor, though she might not care to interact with them.

Wouldn't Edelgard be curious about Micaiah's hair colour? 

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Are you upset that Micaiah was chosen as a Queen? 

No, it only bugged me that Elincia was not. I don't care if Micaiah is there or not.

This has seriously got to be my favorite FB yet. It has pretty much all the interactions I've always wanted to see in FEH. Ilyana, Effie and Rinkah being Lunch Buddies? Great stuff.

To be honest I never cared about Mustafa before, I felt that those few chapters of drama in Awakening were lame, but this Forging Bonds made me like him a decent bit.  I think if Awakening had established him as a character earlier somehow I would've appreciated him more then, too.  

Also, Ross is really going to surprise his father when he gets into Heroes.

Screenshot_20200606-053313_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 4:18 AM, BergelomeuSantos said:

You might not like Mustafa...BUT YOU GOT TO RESPECT THE FACIAL HAIR.

Cervantes is going to have WORDS about that, if he ever gets in.

20 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not saying it doesn't suck for Elincia, just that it's probably the standard they're going with.

I mean, of all the actual queens they could've used in this FB they picked Camilla, who like I said is never actually queen of Nohr ever. The one time where she could have become a queen she dumped the responsibility on Leo. I just checked out all of Brave Camilla's quotes and I'm disappointed that there's no actual explanation of why she's the queen. Is Brave Camilla from an unplayable post-Birthright universe where she stepped up to the responsibility instead of dumping it on Leo? Is she from an unplayable Nohr where Xander died? He wouldn't just abdicate the throne because that's not who Xander is, so for Camilla to be queen he at the very least needs to be dead.

My guess is that it's from a Birthright path where Leo doesn't make it back to Nohr after the events of Chapter 17ish.  Hanging around canyons isn't good for one's health!

---

I'd comment on this FB IF I COULD GET SAY'RI HEARTS TO SHOW UP.  FFS she hasn't hit 200, while Emmeryn is in four digits.

Mustafa is a character I'm still pretty "meh" about being chosen over other more prominent characters, such as Gregor, Basilio, Flavia, Vaike, Miriel, Priam, and so on and so forth, but Mustafa absolutely had the best support conversations of this group of Forging Bonds characters. Emmeryn's were decent enough, didn't care for Say'ri's much, and Anna's was...fine. That's all, just fine.