Personal Master Classes: What Would they Look Like?

Hi everyone;

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a game that offers a remarkable amount of options for how each unit can be built, in terms of accessible weapon types, abilities, and combat arts, among other things. Most characters can access any class... well, with caveats. There's a male pool of classes, and a female pool - though they largely overlap, some (ex. Brawler vs. Pegasus Knight) are exclusive to one or the other.

There are, however, a handful of classes that are limited to just one character in the game. In keeping with previous Fire Emblem games, each of the main characters (Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude) get access to at least one exclusive class, generally designed with their strengths in mind, and accessible from a certain point in the story. Byleth's Enlightened One reflects their proficiency with Swords, including the Sword of the Creator, and their evolving relationship with Sothis. Whereas, Claude's Wyvern Master and Barbarossa classes relate to his proficiencies in Bows and Flying, and to his true background.

The question I seek to pose today is this: What if not just the Lords, but every character in the game, were able to access a personal class? What would these classes look like, and how would they operate? For the record, I'm not advocating this as something for the game to feature - rather, I just think of it as a fun thought exercise. I refer to them as "Master" classes, because I intend for them to match the power and utility of most Master classes, but they need not be gated to the usual requirements (having certain skill ranks, being level 30 or above, and spending a Master Seal) - instead, they can be based on story progression, or whatever standard you so like. Let me start of with a few examples I've thought of!

Vizier (Hubert)

Spoiler

Accessible: Upon completion of Hubert's Paralogue (CF only, of course)

Class Skills: Dark Magic Range +1, Bow Range +2, Stealth

Skill Modifiers: Reason +3, Bow +3, Authority +2

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 17, Mag: 17, Dex: 14, Spd: 16, Lck: 12, Def: 13, Res: 15, Cha: 0, Mov: 4

Stat Mods: HP: +0, Str: +1, Mag: +3, Dex: +2, Spd: +1, Lck: +0, Def: +0, Res: +3, Cha: +2, Mov: +1

Class Mastery: Rally Strength, Ward Arrow

Descriptor: Skulking in the shadows, this sorceror dutifully serves his Emperor by conducting surprise attacks from afar, with magic and bow alike.

Explanation: Of course, any personal class of Hubert's would be using Dark magic. But he also has a boon in bows, so I didn't want those to be forgotten. Thematically, he makes some shady deals, and is willing to go behind Edelgard's back - I think Stealth is perfect for this. Lastly, Rally Strength may be a head-scratcher, but Hubert couples a boon in Authority with access to more than a few Rallies (Magic, Resistance, and Speed), so this provides an additional way to make Hubie a strong Rallybot. Also Ward Arrow, as an extra option to sabotage enemy magic-users.

Quetzalist (Petra)

Spoiler

Accessible: Upon completion of the Petra/Bernadetta Paralogue (any route)

Class Skills: Swordfaire, Sword Crit +10, Canto

Skill Modifiers: Sword +3, Flight +3

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 18, Mag: 10, Dex: 16, Spd: 20, Lck: 12, Def: 13, Res: 10, Cha: 0, Mov: 4

Stat Mods: HP: +0, Str: +1, Mag: -2, Dex: +4, Spd: +4, Lck: +2, Def: +1, Res: +1, Cha: +0, Mov: 4

Class Mastery: Pass, Windsweep

Descriptor: Flying atop a great, colorful bird native to Brigid, this warrior princess strikes swiftly with her sword, frequently dealing critical hits.

Explanation: Petra is the only Black Eagle with a proficiency in Flight, so I wanted to give her something to fly on - and I figured a giant tropical bird would work perfectly for someone from Brigid. While she's strong in Axes and Bows, flying classes that specialize in those already exist (Wyvern Lord, Barbarossa), so I chose to focus her in Swords. Sword Crit +10 fits with her crit-boosting personal skill (and her high Dex). Pass just makes sense for someone flying above the rest of the troops, and Windsweep just offers her another sword technique to choose from. Note that stat mods are based on her while mounted, dismounted would see a stat change similar to Falcoknight.

Thunderstrike (Catherine)

Spoiler

Accessible: Chapter 14 onward (SS/AM/VW only)

Class Skills: Swordfaire, Fistfaire, Crit +20

Class Modifiers: Sword +3, Brawl +3, Authority +2

Base Stats: HP: 33, Str: 20, Mag: 10, Dex: 14, Spd: 16, Lck: 12, Def: 15, Res: 10, Cha: 0, Mov: 4

Stat Mods: HP: +3, Str: +5, Mag: +0, Dex: +0, Spd: +2, Lck: +1, Def: +1, Res: +0, Cha: +2, Mov: +2

Class Mastery: Lady Knight, Fierce Iron Fist

Descriptor: Committed to her mission of finding Lady Rhea, this Knight in shining armor fights just as well with her fists, as with her mighty Hero's Relic.

Explanation: If the statline looks familiar, there's a simple explanation: she's a War Master. Well, one who specializes in Swords rather than Axes, but still. Female units have very few options when it comes to fighting with their fists (War Cleric is their only Fistfaire class, and that's DLC exclusive), so of course I wanted her personal class to offer this. But as the wielder of Thunderbrand, she must also be strong with a sword. Crit +20 is here because... Catherine can get quite hot-headed? Eh, it's good for gameplay, so there's that. Finally, her Mastery is an odd one - an equippable version of Lady Knight, Ingrid's personal skill (these are fair game now). While Catherine starts with a personal skill that favors having no batallion, as one of the principal Knights of Seiros, I imagine she would come to accept her responsibility by leading a battalion, even if it goes against her nature. Also Fierce Iron Fist, because it's otherwise inaccessible to her, and it's a damn fine combat art.

So, what do you think of these "Personal Classes"? Do they seem appropriate and well-balanced, or would you make any changes to them? Moreover, what personal classes would you assign to other characters in the game? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Inconsistent formatting.

Dedue: Bodyguard

Description: A sworn defender of his liege. With talents for survival honed in his years on the run, this faithful friend protects His Highness with heavy armour, axes and brawling.

Class skills: Wary Fighter (prevents follow ups by unit and foe in combat), Battle Cry (makes enemies more likely to target unit), Renewal

Mastered Skill: Brace (if unit is hit with a physical attack during enemy phase, grants +3 to all stats until next player phase ends)

Base Stats: 40 HP, 16 Strength, 5 Magic, 10 Dexterity, 4 Speed, 10 Luck, 18 Defence, 17 Resistance, 5 Movement

Class Stat Boosts: 8 HP, -10 Speed, 7 Defence, 8 Resistance

Class Growths: 30% HP, -10% Speed, 10% Defence, 20% Resistance

Skill Level Bonuses: +3 to Axes, +3 to Brawling, +3 to Heavy Armour

He joins in this class in chapter 16(I think that's when he rejoins). I tried to make it pretty good, because Dedue is pretty disadvantaged after he rejoins. Now he doesn't have to worry about getting doubled, and comes back with a focus on Res as well as Def, so at least he can take a hit from mages in service of Dimitri. Granted, it might not hold up on Maddening, but its definitely an improvement. I think.

44 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

Class skills: Wary Fighter (prevents follow ups by unit and foe in combat)

This is actually really cool for Dedue since he uses Gauntlets which are brave and he also learns One-Two Punch which gives him a follow-up attack (I assume that would still be available even with Wary Fighter, although I don't know how One-Two Punch works against Quick Riposte).

Definitely like the Hubert and Catherine ones since they don't get full usage of their skill setups as is. This sounds fun, so I guess I'll throw a couple units I like into the ring: 

Stormcaller (Annette)

Spoiler
  • Unlocks after her Paralogue's completion (Weathervanes of Fodlan)
  • Class Skills: Black Tomefaire, Axefaire, Rally Magic
  • Stat Mods: +5 Mag, +3 Dex, +3 Cha, +2 Mov
  • Skill Boosts: +3 Axe, +3 Reason, +2 Authority
  • Growth Boosts:+10 HP, +10 Mag, +10 Dex, +10 Cha
  • Mastery: Rally Def 
  • Description: Proficient with wind spells, magic axes, and empowering allies, this descendant of Dominic uses the mighty Crusher to turn enemies to dust. 
  • Explanation: The name mostly comes from Annette's all wind spell list and Lightning Axe (though I guess it plays into her Paralogue title as well), and the rallies complement the large number of rallies she already has (plus Gilbert has Rally Def as well). Although the Dominic that shows up in GD is a Wyvern Lord, I figured that more fliers is boring, so this is a simple 6-move unit. Annette also primarily uses magic axes/Lightning Axe in the Wyvern build, so I decided to double down on that. 

Cataphract (Gilbert) 

Spoiler
  • Unlocks after Dimitri becomes sane again; also requires Annette's paralogue completion
  • Class Skills: Lancefaire, Quick Riposte, Staunch Shield
  • Stat Mods: +5 HP, +4 Str, -4 Spd, +8 Def, +4 Move
  • Skill Boosts: +3 Lance, +3 Riding, +3 Armor 
  • Growth Boosts: +40 HP, +10 Str, +10 Def, -20 Spd
  • Mastery: Provoke
  • Description: Actively working towards redemption, this knight of Faerghus uses his experience in battle to protect those he failed in the past.   
  • Explanation: Pretty simple, really. Great Knight is fairly poor at what it does (tanking), and Gilbert is the main character who can utilize it, so this is just a boosted version of that. Quick Riposte helps keep him somewhat in one piece, and Provoke increases his tanking flexibility. +1 Move in comparison to GK so that it has the same movement as Paladin. Staunch Shield for even greater tanking, and partially a lore reason (Dedue mentions in a support that he built his conduct off of what Dimitri told him about Gilbert). 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

Here's something I think might be interesting as well. Please let me know if I should change something about it or not

Kinshi Knight (Leonie)

Spoiler
  • Unlocks when completing Legend of the Lake Paralouge Battle and receive The Inexhaustible Bow
  • Class Skills: Bowfaire, Lancefaire, Canto
  • Skill Boosts: +3 Lance, +3 Bow, +3 Flying
  • Stat Mods: +1 HP, +1 Str, +3 Dex, +4 Spd, 1+ Luck, +4 Move
  • Class Growth: +20% HP, +10% Str, +10% Spd, +10% Dex, +10% Luck, +5% Charm
  • Mastery Skill: Encloser, Bow Avoid +20
  • Description: Proficient with up close attacks with the lance as well as long range combat with the bow. Uses the ability to fly into range and mow down any foe with ease
  • Reasoning : I think that bringing back a class from Fates might not be a bad idea and for those who want to see something different for Leonie to do, she can be essentially a flying Bow Knight but without needing to worry about the minor speed penalty that Bow Knight gives.

Crusader (Marianne)

Spoiler
  • Unlocks when completing Forgotten Hero Paralouge Battle and receive The Blutgang Hero's Relic
  • Class Skills: Swordfaire, 2x White Magic, Canto
  • Skill Boosts: +3 Swords, +2 Lances, +3 Faith, +3 Riding
  • Stat Mods: +3 HP, +2 Str, +4 Mag, +1 Dex, +1 Def, +2 Res, +1 Charm, +4  Move
  • Class Growth: HP +30%, Str +10%, Mag +10%,  Dex +5%, Def +5%, Res +5%, Charm +5%
  • Mastery Skill: Confidence
  • Description: Sworn by the sword and magic gifted from the goddess, this holy warrior rides into battle to protect those in need with haste
  • Reasoning: I think that Marianne is one of those characters that really could do anything but feels like secondary to me. She has the right boons to make just about any class work if you plan ahead. Plus I think that her character develop would play a role into this class since she does gain more self esteem in the post time skip and having a class that is frankly a better version of Holy Knight is what she needs more than the actual Holy Knight class itself. Plus having a rider with no speed penalty should be fun to use at least. 

Edited by Barren

Seteth

Spoiler
At the start of For the Freedom of Fódlan, Seteth became Cichol, get the Exemplar class, and Earthly Fortitude.
Earthly Fortitude: If foe is not flying or if user can counterattack, foe cannot make follow-up attacks. Cancelled by Commander.
Exemplar Proficiencies: Lance +3, Authority +3, Flying +3 (Can use Magic) The legendary Saint sent personally by the goddess, legends claim that his strength, faith and stern yet compassionate leadership were able to perform miracles.
Exemplar Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Exemplar Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
30%
20%
0%
10%
10%
10%
10%
10%
10%
Exemplar Stats Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Exemplar Class Abilities:
Lancefaire
Might +5 when a Lance is equipped.
Canto
After performing an action, user can use their leftover movement.
Commander
Nullifies instant death effects, status effects, and movement effects, and greatly reduces damage from enemy gambits.
Mastery Ability: Slayer
Make all attacks effective against Monsters.
Mastery Ability: Lance Avo +20
Grants Avo +20 when using a lance.

Flayn

Spoiler
At the start of For the Freedom of Fódlan, Flayn became Cethleann, get the Maiden class, Physic and Heavenly Light.
Heavenly Light: When user heal or cure an ally, restores 10 HP to every other allies in range. Range= 1-(Magic / 4)
Maiden Proficiencies: Faith +3, Reason +3. The legendary Saint sent personally by the goddess, legends claim that she possess boundless compassion and empathy, and can heal the most grievous wound with ease.
Maiden Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Maiden Growth Rates
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
10%
0%
15%
10%
0%
20%
0%
20%
15%
Maiden Stats Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Maiden Class Abilities:
White Magic Uses x2
Doubles the number of uses of White Magic spells.
White Magic Heal +10
White Magic heals +10 more HP.
Terrain Resistance
Unit does not receive terrain damage.
Mastery Ability: Healing Light
Restores 10 HP to adjacent allies at the start of the user's phase.
Mastery Ability: Unsealable Magic
Nullifies Silence.

Shamir

Spoiler
Whisper Proficiencies: Sword +2, Bow +3. Moving with stealth and secrecy, this mysterious shadow-dwellers can assassinate any of it's targets from afar.
Whisper Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Whisper Growth Rates
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
10%
10%
0%
20%
0%
20%
0%
0%
10%
Whisper Stats Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
Whisper Class Abilities:
Bowfaire
Might +5 when a Bow is equipped.
Bowrange +2
Increases Bows range by 2.
Stealth
Makes it more difficult for foes to target unit.
Mastery Ability: Keen Eye
Neutralizes Accuracy penalty from range.
Mastery Art: Bane
Can kill enemies instantly. Double hit bonus if the attack will defeat a foe.

Dur Cost
Mt
Hit
Avo
Crit
Range
+3
+20

2~4

Petra

Spoiler
Harrier Proficiencies: Sword +3, Axe +3, Flying +3. This Warrior Princess of Brigid forgo her country traditions and with her bird of prey and swift swordplay, soar through the battlefield.
Harrier Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Harrier Growth Rates
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
10%
10%
0%
10%
15%
10%
0%
0%
10%
Harrier Stats Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
2 (0)
5 (3)
4 (2)
Harrier Class Abilities:
Swordfaire
Might +5 when a Sword is equipped.
Sword Crit +10
Critical +10 when equipped with a sword.
Canto
Mastery Ability: Sword Avoid +20
Grants Avo +20 when using a sword.
Mastery Art: Hunting Blade
Foes hit suffer reduced Mv for 1 turn. Effective against Cavalry.

Dur Cost
Mt
Hit
Avo
Crit
Range
+3
+10

+10
1~2

Felix

Spoiler
Champion Proficiencies: Sword +3, Brawling +3, Bow +2, Reason +3. This veteran of countless battlefields wield weapons and magic to dominate his foes.
Champion Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Champion Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
30%
10%
10%
5%
15%
0%
5%
0%
10%
Champion Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
Champion Class Abilities:
Swordfaire
Victor's Tribute
When user defeats foe, user gain +2 of foe highest stat (up to 10).
Veteran Intuition
Grants Avo and Crit Avo +15 during combat with a foe 2 or more spaces away who initate battle.
Mastery Ability: Perfect Blow
If unit initiates combat, damage dealt +3, damage received -3, AS +3, Avoid +10 and Hit +15.
Mastery Art: Challenge
Foe will target user. Range 1-(Level/4)

Ingrid

Spoiler
Seraph Knight Proficiencies: Sword +2, Lance +3, Faith +3, Flying +3. This peerless knight rules the skies and undo his enemies with lances and magic.
Seraph Knight Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Seraph Knight Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
20%
10%
10%
0%
20%
0%
0%
10%
10%
Seraph Knight Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
1 (0)
4 (2)
Seraph Knight Class Abilities:
Lancefaire
White Magic Avoid +20
Grants Avo +20 when using White Magic.
Canto
Mastery Spells: Fortify/Aura (Class Locked)

Mastery Art: Firesweep
Prevent enemy counterattack.

Dur Cost
Mt
Hit
Avo
Crit
Range
+3
+20
+10

Lysithea

Spoiler
Enchantress Proficiencies: Sword +2, Reason +3, Faith +3. This masterful Sorceress inspire fear in the heart of her ennemies and use both swords and magics to decimate her foes on the battlefield.
Enchantress Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Enchantress Growth Rates
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
10%
5%
15%
10%
0%
5%
-5%
5%
10%
Enchantress Stats Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
Enchantress Class Abilities:
Dark Tomefaire
Might +5 when Dark Magic is equipped.
Dark Magic Uses x2
Doubles the number of uses of White Magic spells.
White Magic Uses x2
Doubles the number of uses of White Magic Magic spells.
Mastery Ability: Magic Blade
When using a Sword, unit calculates damage using the lower of the foe's Prt or Rsl. 
If attack target Prt, Mt increases based on unit's Mag.
Mastery Art: Finesse Blade
Might increases based on user's Dexterity.
Edited by Soroen

Wow, thanks for all the replies thus far!

On 6/5/2020 at 11:56 PM, Anathaco said:

Dedue: Bodyguard

I like the idea of Dedue rejoining with his class, since I found him falling behind on my Azure Moon playthrough, post-skip. The skill setup sounds pretty good for a physical tank - I think it could hold up on Maddening, as there are a ton of threatening physical enemies. Being an Armor with Gauntlets specialty is certainly welcome, too!

On 6/6/2020 at 4:50 AM, LegendOfLoog said:

Stormcaller (Annette)

Annette is one of my favorites, and a "War Mage"-type build, coupled with enhanced Rally support, seems perfect for her! Much as I enjoyed her as a Wyvern Knight/Lord, I'd have a hard time picking between these two on my next AM run (more mobility, or spell access and better Rallies?).

On 6/6/2020 at 4:50 AM, LegendOfLoog said:

Stormcaller (Annette)

Gilbert was hard for me to think of anything for, because his proficiencies already lead perfectly into Great Knight. That said, I think this class offers a solid alternative - superior, even, if you don't mind forgoing Axes. Love the lore reason for working Dedue's personal into here, and it'll definitely help with tanking. One question, though - if this class is mounted, will it have Canto? If so, you'd have to cut one of his class skills to make room for it.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, Barren said:

Kinshi Knight (Leonie)

Kinshi Knight was one of my favorite new classes in Fates, and I definitely appreciated Three Houses bringing back the ability to wield bows in midair. Bowfaire, flying mobility, and Point-Blank Volley sound like a match made in heaven. My one concern is, Leonie doesn't have a flying proficiency (she's neutral in it), so while letting her fly makes for great gameplay, I'm not sure how much sense it makes.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, Barren said:

Crusader (Marianne)

This is so good! I love the idea of Marianne getting her promotion with Blutgang and her Paralogue (a moment of great character development, too). What you've laid out feels a lot like Jugdral's female Paladin, or Tellius' Valkyrie class - that is, mounted ladies who heal and fight with Swords (and/or Lances). Getting "Confidence" as a Mastery skill is just perfect with the lore, and not too shabby for gameplay, either!

On 6/6/2020 at 9:26 AM, Soroen said:

Seteth

Really like these builds for Seteth and Flayn! I love the notion of them retaking up their old identities, from the time of Seiros - although, personally, I would make them exclusive to Silver Snow. That route gets so little to begin with, and it's the one where Seteth and Flayn are at their most significant.

Shamir

A stealthy assassin, who strikes from afar with her bow? Sounds perfect for Shamir! Incidentally, I actually had a very similar idea in mind for Bernadetta (not because she's an assassin, but because she hopes nobody notices her), but with Lancefaire rather than Bowfaire.

Felix

I'm a fan of him getting a proficiency in all his weapon boons. I don't know if he even needs magic (considering his Crest, and his limited spell list), but that's just me. Definitely some interesting skill list, too - Victor's Tribute sounds like a really cool effect, that could potentially stack in longer battles. The "Challenge" art sounds like a neat one as well - although, in Felix's case, somewhat undermined by his lackluster Charm stat.

Ingrid

Seraph Knight seems perfect for Ingrid! Admittedly, she doesn't have a Faith proficiency, but her spell list is compelling enough to make magic access desirable on her. Firesweep sounds strong, and adding Fortify and Aura to her reportoire sounds great - I do wonder, though, if having an 8-move flier with all these spells is a touch too broken?

Lysithea

I really like this one - kind of between Gremory and Mortal Savant, but with Dark Tomefaire as well? Lysithea was always missing a class that suited her "just right" (Dark Knight and Holy Knight are kind of hard to reach and only get 1 Warp, Gremory is missing Dark Tomefaire, and Mortal Savant does nothing for her spell list), but here it is. Finesse Blade sounds great on a high-Dex unit, especially coming off a Levin Sword. The Magic Blade skill sounds intereting, but I'm not sure how useful that will be - if physical swords hit on Res, but still use Lysithea's Str, they won't do that much more damage. Similarly, if she's using Soulblade, she usually wants to hit against Res (except, I suppose, against high-Res enemies - but she already has Luna for those). I think it'd work better if the skill made all sword attacks deal Magical damage, and the class went all-in on Magic rather than Strength - imagine, Thunderbrand doing damage based on Lysithea's magic stat!

In any case, here's one more I came up with:

Prima Donna (Manuela)

Spoiler

Accessible: Chapter 14 onwards (all routes, however - you must not have any unit who certified as a Dancer)

Class Skills: Dance, White Magic Uses x2, Songstress

Class Modifiers: Faith +3, Sword +3, Authority +2

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 10, Mag: 15, Dex: 14, Spd: 16, Lck: 12, Def: 13, Res: 15, Cha: 0, Mov: 4

Stat Mods: HP: +0, Str: +0, Mag: +1, Dex: +3, Spd: +3, Lck: +0, Def: +1, Res: +2, Cha: +2, Mov: +1

% Growths: HP: 10, Str: 0, Mag: 10, Dex: 10, Spd: 0, Lck: 0, Def: 0, Res: 0, Cha: 10

Class Mastery: Sword Dance, Special Dance

Descriptor: Bringing her talents on the stage into the field of battle, this splendid songstress excels at spurring her allies on to victory.

Explanation: Manuela is notorious for her operatic background, so letting her become a refresher just seems right. To obviate the "bard train" objection, I've added an accessibility condition that prevents anyone who already has a dancer from accessing this class. I wanted her boon in Faith magic to shine through (hence Uses x2), while still giving her an incentive to use swords (Sword Dance). Songstress, Dorothea's personal skill, seems self-explanatory. Her bases are roughly based on Holy Knight, while her boosts are based on the Dancer class, but retooled in a magical direction. You'll note that she has less movement than a Dancer, and will take a while to get Special Dance  - I envision her as primarily a white magic support unit, with Dancing as a backup option. She's not as good a Dancer as... well, your Dancer - but if you missed the White Heron cup, or certified Flayn on SS, or got Dancer Lorenz killed off... well, you're not completely out of luck anymore.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Added Growth Rates.

Came up with another idea:

Cyril: Harrier (based off Shamir’s comment in their support together, plus the fact that it’s similar to what the Almyrans are doing in Fodlan’s Throat).

Class Skills: Axefaire, Bowfaire, Busybody (if units AS is greater than foe’s AS, grants spd +3)

Mastered Skill: Crit + 20

Base Stats: 33 HP, 17 Strength, 5 Magic, 18 Dex, 18 Speed, 16 Luck, 10 Defence, 8 Resistance, 6 Movement 

Stat Boosts: 3 HP, 3 Strength, 3 Dexterity, 3 Speed

Growth Rates: 10% HP, 10% Strength, 20% Dexterity, 10% Speed.

Skill Bonuses: +3 Axe, +3 Bow

A pretty straightforward class. An infantry axe/bow user, similar to the Warrior of previous games, Cyril can get up close and personal and ruin their day with bows and the occasional axe. Unlocks when he rejoins post timeskip.

His strongest stats are Dex and Speed, so I tried to incorporate that into his kit, while leaving him enough strength to enjoy those benefits. The class ability in particular, lets him always double so long as his speed is at least 1 point higher than the enemy’s.

If you’d rather put him in a flying class, you can at least wait until mastery for Crit +20, which is a nice bonus that synergises with his high Dex. Or, if you’re insane like me, master the class then put him in War Master (I lied, there is no crit rate. There is only permanent triple damage. Now die.)

Edited by Anathaco

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

One question, though - if this class is mounted, will it have Canto? If so, you'd have to cut one of his class skills to make room for it.

Oh yeah, I just forgot about it. I’d probably just cut Provoke, move Canto to class skills, and have Staunch Shield as a mastery skill (maybe an improved version would make sense since he’s the OG). 

Really enjoying reading these. They're well thought-out. Loved the explanations in particular.

I really enjoy Petra's conceptually but I feel like it's a bit underwhelming compared to generic options for her? Its mods are slightly worse than Falconknight's (mostly just -1 spd) and swords are generally weaker than lances/axes (lower mt, no javelin/hand axe)... the one thing swords do well lategame is have the highest avoid boost from prowess, but that advantage is neutered by not having Avo+10 which the other fliers have.

22 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

although, personally, I would make them exclusive to Silver Snow. That route gets so little to begin with, and it's the one where Seteth and Flayn are at their most significant.

In the context it was made, they returned along with the other Saints, Rhea included. Silver Snow narrow Rhea's appearence more than Verdant Wind, but yes thematically they would suit better in SS.

I'm a fan of him getting a proficiency in all his weapon boons. I don't know if he even needs magic (considering his Crest, and his limited spell list), but that's just me. Definitely some interesting skill list, too - Victor's Tribute sounds like a really cool effect, that could potentially stack in longer battles. The "Challenge" art sounds like a neat one as well - although, in Felix's case, somewhat undermined by his lackluster Charm stat.

Well, it's Felix, he doesn't need magic, or a personnal class for that matter, but i think it's a nice touch since he is supposed to be a master of all. Challenge's range isn't supposed to be super long since in my mind the challenger would target Felix immediatly, but yes it would make more sense if it scaled on level instead.

adding Fortify and Aura to her reportoire sounds great - I do wonder, though, if having an 8-move flier with all these spells is a touch too broken?

It is, but a lot of things in this game are and i didn't know which on to choose between both.

The Magic Blade skill sounds intereting, but I'm not sure how useful that will be - if physical swords hit on Res, but still use Lysithea's Str, they won't do that much more damage. Similarly, if she's using Soulblade, she usually wants to hit against Res (except, I suppose, against high-Res enemies - but she already has Luna for those). I think it'd work better if the skill made all sword attacks deal Magical damage, and the class went all-in on Magic rather than Strength - imagine, Thunderbrand doing damage based on Lysithea's magic stat!

It's supposed to work like magic weapons, if foe has an higher Prt it use the physical formula (and something i forgot to put, + 0.3 of her Magic), if it has higher Rsl it use the magical formula.

Prima Donna (Manuela)

It's well put together and make sense both gameplay and lore-wise. Well done; tho you didn't put growths. Here's some others.

Catherine (not much different from yours really)

Spoiler
Thunderstrike Proficiencies: Sword +3, Brawling +3. This master of combat versed in swordmanship and brawling overwhelm his foes with his lightning strikes.
Thunderstrike Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Thunderstrike Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
20%
10%
0%
0%
20%
0%
0%
0%
10%
Thunderstrike Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
Thunderstrike Class Abilities:
Swordfaire
Fistfaire
Might +5 when brawling.
Crit +20
Increases Crit by 20.
Mastery Ability: Sword Avoid +20
Grants Avo +20 when using a Sword.
Mastery Art: Plasma Fists
Attack twice consecutively. Effective against armored foes.

Dur Cost
Mt
Hit
Avo
Crit
Range
+3

+15

Alois/Raphael/Dedue

Spoiler
Colossus Proficiencies: Axe +3, Brawling +3, Heavy Armor +3. A knight with outstanding defense, the Colossus fully devote himself to the protection of his allies.
Colossus Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Colossus Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
40%
10%
0%
0%
-10%
0%
20%
0%
10%
Colossus Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
Colossus Class Abilities:
Axe/Fistfaire
Might +5 when an Axe is equipped/brawling.
Phalanx
Chance to reduce damage by half for user and adjacent allies if a Shield is equipped. Trigger % = Def/2.
Overbearing Presence
Unit is more likely to be targeted by foes.
Mastery Ability: Quick Riposte
If foe initiates combat while unit's HP is ≥ 50%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.
Mastery Art: Shelter
Allow an adjacent ally to the same space as user, while unabling them to be targeted (receive half damage from Staggering Blows and Gambits), but forbiding them from acting. Can only be used on pure infantry.

Caspar

Spoiler
Reaver Proficiencies: Axe +3, Brawling +3. This warrior of overwhelming brawn, matchless axe and grappling mastery live to fight.
Reaver Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Reaver Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
40%
10%
0%
0%
10%
0%
0%
0%
10%
Reaver Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
Reaver Class Abilities:
Axefaire
Might +5 when an Axe is equipped.
Fistfaire
Might +5 when brawling.
Crit +20
Increases Crit by 20.
Mastery Ability: Darting Blow
If unit initiates combat, grants AS +6 during combat.
Mastery Art: All-Out Pummeling
Strike five consecutive times. User's Defense, Resistance and Avoid are reduced to 0 for 1 turn. Hit is reduced by 50%.

Dur Cost
Mt
Hit
Avoid
Crit
Range
+3
+30

On 6/5/2020 at 9:52 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Quetzalist (Petra)

Hide contents

Accessible: Upon completion of the Petra/Bernadetta Paralogue (any route)

Class Skills: Swordfaire, Sword Crit +10, Canto

Skill Modifiers: Sword +3, Flight +3

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 18, Mag: 10, Dex: 16, Spd: 20, Lck: 12, Def: 13, Res: 10, Cha: 0, Mov: 4

Stat Mods: HP: +0, Str: +1, Mag: -2, Dex: +4, Spd: +4, Lck: +2, Def: +1, Res: +1, Cha: +0, Mov: 4

Class Mastery: Pass, Windsweep

Descriptor: Flying atop a great, colorful bird native to Brigid, this warrior princess strikes swiftly with her sword, frequently dealing critical hits.

Explanation: Petra is the only Black Eagle with a proficiency in Flight, so I wanted to give her something to fly on - and I figured a giant tropical bird would work perfectly for someone from Brigid. While she's strong in Axes and Bows, flying classes that specialize in those already exist (Wyvern Lord, Barbarossa), so I chose to focus her in Swords. Sword Crit +10 fits with her crit-boosting personal skill (and her high Dex). Pass just makes sense for someone flying above the rest of the troops, and Windsweep just offers her another sword technique to choose from. Note that stat mods are based on her while mounted, dismounted would see a stat change similar to Falcoknight.

This sounds like an amazing class for Petra! I wonder though how much the class name and mount match her aesthetically, since Petra and Brigid seem to be based heavily on the Celtic Kingdoms (MacNeary sounds like a Scottish clan; Brigid itself is named after St. Brigid, etc.) Maybe the class could be named Morrigan (after the goddess of war) with a giant crow as a flying mount?

On 6/6/2020 at 1:13 PM, Anathaco said:

Cyril: Harrier

One thing we haven't seen in a while is the "traditional Warrior" class - infantry specializing in Axes and Bows hasn't appeared since Awakening. I would totally be down for Cyril getting such a class! An equippable Crit +20 sounds super busted - it could combine excellently with Point-Blank Volley to practically guarantee a kill every player phase, or contribute to a Vantage/Critical enemy-phase build in a class like Hero or War Master.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:07 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

I really enjoy Petra's conceptually but I feel like it's a bit underwhelming compared to generic options for her? Its mods are slightly worse than Falconknight's (mostly just -1 spd) and swords are generally weaker than lances/axes (lower mt, no javelin/hand axe)... the one thing swords do well lategame is have the highest avoid boost from prowess, but that advantage is neutered by not having Avo+10 which the other fliers have.

Fair review, to be sure. A common criticism of swords is that there are no Swordfaire classes with high movement, so I wanted Petra's promotion to address this. Swords may suffer in Might, but they offer some exceptionally high-crit options (like the Wo Dao and Cursed Ashiya Sword), as well as the light-and-effective Rapier. I removed Avoid +10 to further differentiate from Wyvern Lord and Falcon Knight, with Sword Crit +10 providing a minor offensive boon in its place. Even failing all of this, I would say the mastery alone makes it worthwhile - Windsweep is great against foes that threaten a powerful counterattack, while Pass on a flier makes for unparalleled mobility.

10 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

This sounds like an amazing class for Petra! I wonder though how much the class name and mount match her aesthetically, since Petra and Brigid seem to be based heavily on the Celtic Kingdoms (MacNeary sounds like a Scottish clan; Brigid itself is named after St. Brigid, etc.) Maybe the class could be named Morrigan (after the goddess of war) with a giant crow as a flying mount?

Interesting, I never made the connection to Scotland! A giant crow would be a welcome mount, for sure. I chose a Quetzal because one of the few things we know about Brigid is its tropical climate. And Petra has a colorful outfit, that I think could make a colorful contrast with a bright green bird. Or it could be a fashion disaster, who knows?

11 hours ago, Soroen said:

Alois/Raphael/Dedue

I'm not especially a fan of giving them all the same class, but I suppose it's kind of hard when they have very similar proficiencies and stat builds (although, there was a rather compelling Dedue build a bit upthread). I like having Provoke with any other name as a class skill - despite the game giving us Stealth, this was something missing (they could've made a gambit or combat art with the Provoke effect, too). Phalanx is a neat concept, kind of similar to Aegis/Pavise, but also affecting a partner - although if I had my way, I'm redesign all such skills to be deterministic rather than random-chance. Shelter sounds strong too, kind of like the GBA-style rescue - although, maybe to integrate it into 3 Houses mechanics, you can use it on an ally once per battle, and they become your adjutant?

Caspar

This one's close to War Master, but understandably so, as that's where Caspar's proficiencies most naturally lead him. War Master has one of the best masteries in the game, but your Reaver's may be even better - Darting Blow is welcome on any just about any male unit (sans Jeritza), it's too good to say gender-exclusive. Meanwhile, All-Out Pummeling (that's where I remember the name, Z-moves from Pokemon) sounds like what Astra should have been. Personally, I'd cut out the "Hit is reduced by 50%", though - at a cost of 10 durability, and with the defensive nerf, I'd say it deserves reliability in getting things killed.

It's well put together and make sense both gameplay and lore-wise. Well done; tho you didn't put growths. Here's some others.

Good catch, I'll try to put those in retroactively.

Anyway, here's another I've tossed around. I've already offered up a Manuela, so who else could it be but the

Crestologist (Hanneman)

Spoiler

Accessible: Chapter 13 (CF) or 14 (SS/AM/VW) onward, but only if you have fewer than 11 units with a Crest in your army (fewer than 9, aside from Byleth and Hanneman)

Class Skills: Bowfaire, Black Magic Uses x2, Canto

Class Modifiers: Bow +3, Reason +3, Riding +2

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 17, Mag: 10, Dex: 14, Spd: 16, Lck: 12, Def: 14, Res: 10, Cha: 0, Mov: 4

Stat Mods: HP: +1, Str: +1, Mag: +3, Dex: +1, Spd: -1, Lck: +0, Def: +1, Res: +3, Cha: +0, Mov: +3

% Growths: HP: 10, Str: 0, Mag: 10, Dex: 0, Spd: -10, Lck: 0, Def: 0, Res: 10, Cha: 10

Class Mastery: Transmute, Point-Blank Volley

Descriptor: Pen and pad in hand, this renowned researcher has taken up his mount, riding across Fodlan to uncover the true mysteries of the Crests.

Explanation: Hanneman is strong in bows, reason, and riding, so a class that's in-between Bow Knight (Bowfaire, his bases) and Dark Knight (spell access, stat mods, movement), made sense. Still, to prevent it from being just a "better Dark Knight" for him, I chose Black Magic Uses x2 (otherwise only accessible to him as a Warlock) over Black Tomefaire. This way, he has a choice - Warlock has damage and more spell uses, Dark Knight has damage and Mobility, Crestologist has mobility and spell uses. He'll definitely appreciate a second Meteor, to say the least. Transmute, otherwise only obtainable by going Dark Flier (which Hanneman can't), should synergize well with his high Resistance stat. And Point-Blank Volley gives a reason for a bow-specialist Hanneman to use this class over the otherwise-superior Bow Knight - notably, it mimics the effect of his Crest of Indech. Finally, the Crests - the game has very few abilities that relate to Crests, so I chose to instead install it as his prerequisite. The logic goes that, the fewer Crests he has access to at the monastery, the more likely he is to mount up and try to research elsewhere. In this way, like Manuela's, it's something of a "consolation prize" class. And what's more, it's most easily accessible on the route often cited as making the most sense for Hanneman (Crimson Flower), while being much harder to get on the route he can show up as an enemy (Azure Moon).

Again, I appreciate all the feedback to this thread - if they occur to you, keep 'em coming!

Sounds fun. Finishing the Blue Lions:

Adventurer (Ashe):

Spoiler

"A knight errant who has traveled the world, Ashe swiftly maneuvers around the battlefield." Unlocks after the timeskip (Chapter 13 CF/14 other routes) provided you completed his and Catherine's paralouge with him on your team.

Class Abilities: Bowfaire, Close Counter, Steal

Class Bases: HP 30; Strength 19; Magic 5; Dexterity 16; Speed 16; Luck 11; Defense 12; Resistance 7; Charm 13; Movement 6

Stat Mods: Strength +4, Speed +3, Dexterity +4, Luck +3

Class Growths: Strength +15%, Speed +15%, Dexterity +10%, Luck +10%

Skill Mods: Bow +4, Axe +3, Lance +1

Class Mastery: Pass, Overrun

*Overrun: Lance combat art. Pushes enemy forward one square after combat. Might +4, Hit +10, Avoid +10, Durability -3. Class Exclusive. 

Explanation: Ashe is supposed to be a thief-style utility unit, but the problem with that is there aren't that many chests to thief on. Here, he has a bit more use between Pass and in-built stealing ability. His combat is also better with Bowfaire and in-built CC freezing space on his equippable skills. Overrun is useful for manipulating enemy placement.

Gold Knight (Sylvain):

Spoiler

"A master of horse and lance, Sylvain rides to battle in the proud tradition of House Gautier. This class can use magic." Unlocks after the timeskip if you completed his paralouge. 

Class Abilities: Canto, Axefaire, Lancefaire

Class Bases: HP 35; Strength 18; Magic 13; Dexterity 11; Speed 12; Luck 11; Defense 16; Resistance 11; Charm 14; Movement 8

Stat Mods: Strength +3, Magic+ 4, Dexterity +4, Speed +2

Class Growths: Strength +15%, Magic +10%, Speed +10%, Dexterity +15%

Skill Mods: Axe +4, Lance +4, Reason +2, Riding +3

Class Mastery: Savage Blow (Poison Strike on foes within two spaces of unit after unit initiates combat), Solar Thrust*  

*Solar Thrust: Lance combat art. Restores 30% of damage dealt. Might +4, Hit +10, Durability -5. Class exclusive. 

Explanation: Since Sylvain is a bit of a Jack-of-all trades, this class can do a lot of things well, between decent magic and Great Knight-like bases. He also appreciates boosts to Dexterity given his lowish growth and axes and Lance's being a heavy weapon type. In terms of mastery skills, I'm unsure on Savage Blow, but does give him some non-Gambit crowd management. Solar Thrust also improves his tanking ability.

Light Priestess (Mercedes):

Spoiler

"Mercedes supports and heals her allies from behind the front lines in the tradition of House Martriz." Unlocks after completing her paralouge.

Class Abilities: White Magic Uses x2, White Magic Heal +10, White Magic Range +1

Class Bases: HP 27; Strength 8; Magic 17; Dexterity 15; Speed 14; Luck 11; Defense 9; Resistance 18; Charm 14; Movement 5

Stat Mods: Magic +4, Dexterity +2, Luck +2, Resistance +4

Class Growths: Magic +15%, Dexterity +10%, Luck +10%, Resistance +15%

Skill Mods: Bow +2, Faith +5, Reason +5

Class Mastery: Unsealable Magic, Entrap*

*Entrap: Class exclusive magic. Moves an enemy into the adjacent space to their original position. Hit 70, Range = 1-(Magic/4). 1 use.

Explanation: Going all-in on white magic is probably better than trying to make an awkward "magic Sniper" build since she'll probably be healing most Player Phases and when she isn't she'll usually have decent magic to chip an enemy. Gremory's movement is also nice. Now, Entrap is here because I like the Fates-originated staves like this and Freeze, and having a reverse-Rescue gives some more flexibility with regards to positioning. 

Edited by Alistair

I love this topic! Here are some ideas I came up with:

Berserker (Raphael):
Spoiler
With unparalleled muscularity, this fighter faces down opponents of all kinds using only his fists, and bears physical attacks with ease.

Class skills: fistfaire, fist crit +10, armoured blow

Skill bonuses: Brawl +3, Axe +2, Heavy Armour +2

Base stats: HP 40, Str 20, Mag 7, Dex 14, Spd 15, Lck 12, Def 17, Res 7, Ch 0, Mov 6

Stat mods: HP 5, Str 3, Def 5

Class growths: HP 30%, Str 15%, Dex 10%, Def 20%

Mastery: bladebreaker, quick riposte

Availability: unlocks automatically in part 2, provided you completed Death Toll with Raph in your party

This is basically a modified version of war master with an increases focus on defence as well, since Raph is supposed to be able to take hits, but his default path through grappler kind of lets him down in that regard. the combo of bladebreaker and quick riposte should make it so that any enemy he fails to kill during player phase will get easily killed by his counter on EP.

Righteous Knight (Lorenz):

Spoiler
This highborn officer leads by example on the battlefield, bringing glory to his house with his skills in combat. An accomplished fighter, he wields both lances and black magic to great effect.

Class skills: lancefaire, black tomefaire, canto

Skill bonuses: Lance +3, Reason +3, Riding +2, Authority +2

Base stats: HP 32, Str 15, Mag 15, Dex 14, Spd 16, Lck 12, Def 14, Res 15, Mov 8

Stat mods: Str 2, Mag 3, Spd 1, Def 1, Res 3, Ch 2

Class growths: HP 10%, Str 10%, Mag 10%, Def 5%, Res 5%, Ch 10%

Mastery: black magic uses x2, offensive tactics

Availability: must have completed Lorenz's paralogue. unlocks immediately in part 2 for CF, or in other routes after completing ch16 The Rose-Coloured River (when Lorenz either rejoins in AM or SS, or secures the support of house Gloucester in VW)

Just a better dark knight since Lorenz is the one character basically made for that class, as well as a bit more emphasis on charm and gambits to complement his personal skill/personality lol. Not 100% on the name, and I considered just calling it mage knight but I wanted something more personal to him.

Kingpin (Yuri):

Spoiler
This cunning fighter excels at dodging attacks and deftly wields both swords and magic to achieve victory over his foes and protect those under his care.

Class skills: swordfaire, confidence, acrobat (grants unhindered movement across all terrain types)

Skill bonuses: Sword +3, Authority +3, Reason +2, Faith +2

Base stats: HP 30, Str 17, Mag 13, Dex 14, Spd 20, Luck 14, Def 13, Res 12, Ch 0, Mov 6

Stat mods: Str 2, Mag 1, Spd 3, Ch 2

Class growths: HP 10%, Str 10%, Mag 5%, Spd 20%, Ch 10%

Mastery: Ignis (adds mag/2 to physical attacks and str/2 to magical attacks), sword dance combat art

Availability: If recruited, Yuri leaves your party post-timeskip to focus on watching over Abyss. You can re-recruit him by completing the paralogue “Divided Loyalties” (ch 14 on) in which you find that the Abyssians have launched an attack against your army for control over the monastery. If you have a C support with Yuri, you can defeat him as Byleth and be given the option to spare him. If you spare him, he re-joins as the Kingpin class, with the Fetters of Dromi and his personal battalion. If you kill him, you receive his Fetters and the Cursed Ashiya Sword.
^In this situation, Yuri would not be involved in the Constance paralogue, this would be your only opportunity to gain his loot.

Edited by Naisa

Valfreyja Knight (Manuela)

Spoiler

Accessible: After all of the following are true: Oil and Water paralogue is completed, it is part 2, the Death Knight has been defeated at least once.

Class Skills: Swordfaire, Canto, Avoid +10. Class allows the use of magic.

Skill Modifiers: Sword +3, Faith +3, Flying +3

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 15, Mag: 18, Dex: 14, Spd: 20, Lck: 12, Def: 13, Res: 14, Cha: 0, Mov: 8

Stat Mods: HP: +0, Str: +0, Mag: +1, Dex: +4, Spd: +5, Lck: +0, Def: +0, Res: +4, Cha: +0, Mov: +4

Class Mastery: Recover, Soulblade

Descriptor: Circling the skies above the battlefield, this figure can dart down to take a life as easily as to save it.

Explanation: Manuela is a bit of a weird unit who sort of wants to be in assassin, bishop, and falcon knight, but doesn't truly fit in any of them. This class, based off the Falcon Knight but with a bit more magic and less strength, allows her to use all of her strengths, and upon mastery it shores up her weakness in healing while giving her Soulblade as an upgrade over her existing hexblade. Thematically, it draws on her near death experience at the hands of the Death Knight, together with her role as infirmary master, and places her as the deciding line between life and death. The name is based on an alternate name for Freyja, Norse god of love and beauty, but refers to her role as the head of the valkyries.

Virtuoso (Dorothea)

Spoiler

Accessible: After mastering the Dancer class.

Class Skills: Dance, Special Dance, Charm. Class allows the use of magic.

Skill Modifiers: Sword +2, Authority +3

Base Stats: HP: 0, Str: 0, Mag: 0, Dex: 0, Spd: 0, Lck: 0, Def: 0, Res: 0, Cha: 0, Mov: 6

Stat Mods: HP: +0, Str: +1, Mag: +1, Dex: +3, Spd: +4, Lck: +0, Def: +3, Res: +3, Cha: +4, Mov: +2

Class Mastery: Galdr. This is a spell with one use per battle that targets the four squares adjacent to Dorothea giving them the effect of dance (and special dance) and healing them as per the heal spell.

Descriptor: A peerless performer, using both song and dance to inspire her allies.

Explanation: My attempt at an upgraded version of the dancer class, for the character who is most canonically suited to it. Special Dance becomes part of the class, allowing an extra skill to be equipped, and she also gets Charm, faster authority growth, and slightly better stats. The biggest addition, though, is the ability to refresh up to four units a once through the unique spell. This was inspired by the herons from Telius, because I loved having to plan the positioning to get the most out of them. I added a small healing element too, because I didn't want to include more than one use of such a powerful ability, but wanted it to stand out as obviously better than the dancer battalions.

Kalpa Warrior (Hilda)

Spoiler

Accessible: After completing her paralogue, Dividing the World. (This might be too soon, but I couldn't think of any other meaningful place to put it.)

Class Skills: Axefaire, Axe Avoid +20, Critical +20

Skill Modifiers: Axe +3

Base Stats: HP: 35, Str: 17, Mag: 8, Dex: 12, Spd: 14, Lck: 10, Def: 14, Res: 10, Cha: 0, Mov: 6

Stat Mods: HP: +5, Str: +3, Mag: +0, Dex: +0, Spd: +3, Lck: +1, Def: +1, Res: +0, Cha: +2, Mov: +2

Class Mastery: Flickering Flower

Descriptor: She's still a delicate flower, you know.

Explanation: Hilda was tough to think of anything for and I'm not entirely satisfied with where I ended up. She's entirely geared towards axes and wyvern lords exist. I didn't want to make "wyvern lord but better", and I also didn't want to make "female warmaster", but I did want something that could be competitive with those two classes. I contemplated giving her some sort of reduced durability loss from combat arts as something of a unique ability, but wasn't really happy with anything I came up with. In the end, I just took the brokenly good stats from Great Lord, modified them slightly, and threw on some nice axe skills. Then I couldn't resist giving her Flickering Flower, since she is still a delicate flower, after all. Class name is based on the NG+ dragon sign for the Crest of Goneril.

Don't have much time to comment other's creations, so i'll just leave my prf class for the cavs.

Sylvain

Spoiler
Gold Knight Proficiencies: Lance +3, Axe +2, Riding +3. This ultimate knight clad in gold possess unparalleled speed and mobility. Can use some magic.
Gold Knight Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Gold Knight Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
30%
5%
0%
0%
10%
0%
10%
0%
10%
Gold Knight Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
2 (0)
3 (5)
4 (2)
Gold Knight Class Abilities:
Lancefaire
Pass
Allows unit to pass through spaces occupied by foes.
Canto
Mastery Ability: March
While mounted grant Movement +1; terrain only slow unit by 1 move regardless of distance traveled. While active unit has Stride status and cannot receive other movement boosts.
Mastery Art: Solar Thrust
Recovers HP equal to 50% of damage dealt.

Dur Cost
Might
Hit
Avoid
Crit
Range
+3
+15

Ferdinand

Spoiler
Silver Knight Proficiencies: Sword +2, Lance +3, Axe +3, Riding +3. The most skilled of knight, the Silver Knight has no weakness and excell at everything.
Silver Knight Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Silver Knight Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
30%
10%
0%
5%
5%
0%
5%
5%
10%
Silver Knight Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
3 (1)
2 (3)
4 (2)
Silver Knight Class Abilities:

Lorenz

Spoiler
Hex Knight Proficiencies: Lance +3, Reason +3, Riding +3. A master of both weaponry and magic, the Hex Knight is a true paragon of excellence on the battlefield.
Hex Knight Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Hex Knight Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
30%
10%
10%
5%
-5%
0%
0%
10%
10%
Hex Knight Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
2 (1)
-1 (1)
4 (2)
Hex Knight Class Abilities:
Lancefaire
Black Tomefaire
Might +5 when using Black Magic.
Canto
Mastery Ability: Transmute
If unit is hit with a magic attack during enemy phase, grants +3 to all stats until next player phase ends.
Mastery Art: Hexlock Spear
Prevents foe from using magic for 1 turn.
Dur Cost
Might
Hit
Avoid
Crit
Range
+3
+15

Leonie

Spoiler
Arch Knight Proficiencies: Lance +3, Bow +3, Riding +3. A seasoned cavalier who honed his skills across numerous battlefields, this elite mercenary wield both lances and bows into battle.
Arch Knight Base Stats:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Arch Knight Growth Rates:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
20%
10%
0%
10%
5%
0%
0%
0%
10%
Arch Knight Modifiers:
HP
Str
Mag
Dex
Spd
Lck
Def
Res
Charm
Move
2 (1)
3 (5)
4 (2)
Arch Knight Class Abilities:
Lancefaire
Bowfaire
Might +5 when a Bow is equipped.
Canto
Mastery Ability: Blade Breaker
If unit damages foe, foe suffers Str/Def -6 for 1 turn after combat.
Mastery Art: Firesweep
Prevents enemy counterattacks.

Dur Cost
Mt
Hit
Avo
Crit
Range
+3
+20
+10

Edited by Soroen

On 6/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, Alistair said:

Adventurer (Ashe):

I'm a fan of leaning in to his personal lockpick skill. This class is very much reminiscent of the Outlaw from Fates (he's missing the staff support of Adventurer, but in turn, gets other physical weaponry). Pass is great on a thief, while Close Counter sets the class up as a short-range bow user (versus long-range classes like Sniper or Bow Knight). Overrun has an interesting concept, but I wonder if (given the class's axe boost) it'd be better as an Axe art?

Gold Knight (Sylvain):

Interesting - it looks like an in-between of Dark Knight and Great Knight, either of which comes naturally to Sylvain. I'm somewhat wary of having 8/9 move and spells, but at least with cavalry, there are things holding them back. Savage Blow sounds quite powerful, and Solar Thrust looks neat for self-recovery.

Ah, so basically a super-Bishop? This suits Mercedes naturally, especially with her heavy-on-healing Faith list. I like the idea of working Unsealable Magic into a playable-unit Mastery, even if the Silence effect is rare from enemies. Entrap also sounds like it could have situational uses - I never used it much in Fates (since staff uses were still limited), but it'd be really neat having a guaranteed 1 or 2 per map.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:20 PM, Naisa said:
Berserker (Raphael):

Fists come naturally to Raphael, so a class like this makes perfect sense. Armored Blow gets some flack, but I've found it useful on certain melee fighters, especially against monsters. Bladebreaker is such a good debuff skill, and it's a shame you never get to use it. Quick Riposte is great, but somewhat redundant with War Master access - maybe Raph would more appreciate finally getting One-Two Punch (which synergizes well with Armored Blow), instead?

Righteous Knight (Lorenz):

This one fits Lorenz, to be sure, as his proficiencies naturally lend themselves to the Dark Knight class. Getting an equippable Black Magic uses x2 sounds quite powerful, in a class like this or Dark Knight. If anything, I'm concerned it's a bit too strong - it carries the Lancefaire and 8-move of Paladin, while also having the spell access and Black Tomefaire of Dark Knight, essentially making it strictly superior to these other options. But I suppose the class balance in Three Houses wasn't too strong to begin with, haha.

Now, this one comes across as super-innovative! Basically a Trickster+, but trading some of the "funny business" (Lucky Seven, Stealth, Foul Play) for better damage and evasion. I was a fan of Ignis in Awakening, and love to see it return - but is this a passive ability with 100% activation? If so, the boost may be too big - I think adding Str/5 or Mag/5 would be plenty of a boost. I would also consider removing Acrobat - you can dictate a unit's over-terrain movement outside of skills (ex. Assassin moves through forests at 1 cost, versus Swordmaster's 2, with no skills involved). "Acrobat" can just be a hidden trait of the class, which can use the empty slot for, say, White Magic Avoid +20?

18 hours ago, lenticular said:

I'm definitely a fan of fliers with Swordfaire, something missing in the base game. And making her a magic-specialist just makes it more interesting. My own build of Manuela saw her function as sort of a Gremory/Dancer-hybrid, but I can definitely see her go this way. Recover makes sense for her to get (so weird that she's a doctor, but only gets one healing spell), but Soulblade is a bit redundant (I could see her enjoying Pass or Sword Avoid +20; alternatively, Songstress or Live to Serve could work thematically). Finally, I love the inspiration from Norse mythology!

19 hours ago, lenticular said:

Ah, so she's basically a super-dancer? I can get with that, certainly (if it goes to anyone, Dorothea makes sense). Requiring prior Dancer certification makes sense, to avoid the "double Dancer" conundrum. Charm makes sense as a skill (given her authority boon and rally charm), while Galdr sounds exceptionally strong (ah, I miss the Herons). I have to wonder - is it class-locked? If not, she could switch over to Bishop or Gremory, and get two super-dances per map.

19 hours ago, lenticular said:

Kalpa Warrior (Hilda)

I'm certainly on-board for Hilda going all-in on Axes, considering her Freikugel access. Crit +20 and Axe Avoid +20 definitely give a motive to use this class over, say, Wyvern Lord (her ideal otherwise, given its better movement). Flickering Flower seems like a splendid reuse, too, that reinforces Hilda as Edelgard's lazy twin (and honestly, who masters the Emperor class?). Regarding accessibility, it could be gated behind both the timeskip, and completing the paralogue - so if you do the paralogue pre-skip, you can get it from chapter 14 onward.

Anyway, thank you all for the responses! I know there are more, I'll get to them, but this has taken me quite a while already. Plus, I need to add one more of my own creations:

Pugilistic Prince (Balthus)

Spoiler

Accessibility: Available from chapter 13 (CF) or 14 (SS/AM/VW) onward, but requires an A-support between Balthus and at least one of: Yuri/Constance/Hapi

Class Skills: Fistfaire, Wrath, Persecution Complex

Class Modifiers: Brawl +3, Armor +3, Sword +2

Base Stats: HP: 33, Str: 20, Mag: 10, Dex: 14, Spd: 16, Lck: 12, Def: 17, Res: 10, Cha: 0, Mov: 4

Stat Mods: HP: +5, Str: +3, Mag: +0, Dex: +0, Spd: -4, Lck: +1, Def: +6, Res: +0, Cha: 0, Mov: +1

% Growths: HP: 30, Str: 10, Mag: 0, Dex: 0, Spd: 0, Lck: 0, Def: 10, Res: 10, Cha: 0

Class Mastery: Defiant Avoid, Nimble Combo

Descriptor: With fierce fists and steely skin , this King-of-Grappling only becomes stronger as the battle goes on.

Explanation: Basically, I wanted to work backwards from Balthus's personal skill. King-of-Grappling grants +6 Strength and +6 Defense when HP is at or below 50%. So naturally, it synergizes well with skills like Wrath (+50 crit on enemy phase in similar HP range) and Persecution Complex (+5 damage with not-full HP). I considered giving the class Vantage (like Hero), but he can get it easily enough as an equippable, from Mercenary. It's an armored class, so his speed and movement suffer, but his defense does really well (not quite Fortress Knight-level, though). Defiant Avoid (otherwise only accessible through Falcon Knight) will reinforce his survivability under 25% HP, while Nimble Combo gives Balthus a two-strike gauntlet art for player phase. I kept the sword boost because Balthus has a proficiency in it, and this class is somewhat inspired by Hero, but that one's definitely negotiable.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to put more ideas out there (even of ones that were previously proposed)!

20 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

This one fits Lorenz, to be sure, as his proficiencies naturally lend themselves to the Dark Knight class. Getting an equippable Black Magic uses x2 sounds quite powerful, in a class like this or Dark Knight. If anything, I'm concerned it's a bit too strong - it carries the Lancefaire and 8-move of Paladin, while also having the spell access and Black Tomefaire of Dark Knight, essentially making it strictly superior to these other options. But I suppose the class balance in Three Houses wasn't too strong to begin with, haha

ah that's a good point! I forgot dark knight has 7 mov. I would definitely change his movement to 7 and maybe swap dark tomefaire for dark mag range+1 to differentiate a bit from dark knight. I agree it may be a bit overpowered but I imagine it would give people more of an incentive to use Lorenz since he tends to not be very.. good. 

As for your other suggestions, they make sense as well. white mag avo would make Yuri great at nos-tanking but maybe a little too similar to enlightened one. Alternatively I also thought about giving him pass though that may be a bit too busted (Idc I love Yuri). And yes I forget to mention in Fates ignis activates based on dex, for Yuri it could be based on luck for thematic/character appropriateness or just be a flat 1/5 for reliability. I prefer the luck version personally since I don't mind having random activation skills

21 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Recover makes sense for her to get (so weird that she's a doctor, but only gets one healing spell), but Soulblade is a bit redundant (I could see her enjoying Pass or Sword Avoid +20; alternatively, Songstress or Live to Serve could work thematically).

I think that Sword Avoid +20 would probably be too strong. What is essentially a Falcon Knight with magic is already bordering on too strong, and making her an amazing dodge tank as well would probably be too much. Pass could be cool, though, both in terms of gameplay and theming. I like the idea of her choosing to save or take a life and then going directly to her target, bypassing anyone in the way.

21 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Galdr sounds exceptionally strong (ah, I miss the Herons). I have to wonder - is it class-locked? If not, she could switch over to Bishop or Gremory, and get two super-dances per map.

I'd originally imagined it as being class-locked, but thinking about it now, I'm not sure it would be too big a problem if it wasn't. Sure, getting a second use of an exceptionally strong spell is very good, but you'd have to give up your dancer to get it. Which is better, two uses of galdr or one use of galdr and infinite uses of dance? For LTC runs where most battles aren't going past a second turn, I can imagine doubling up being better, but for a casual playthrough, I don't think I'd want to give up dance.

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Refresh - Waiting restores 1 use of each spell.

Mastered Ability - Study - Waiting grants +4 to all stats.

Linhardt, the art of doing nothing, nice XD

I'm surprised nobody made one for Hilda yet

Spoiler

Hilda - Reaver

Axe, Lance

mov 6

Axefair
Quick Riposte
Crit+30

Mastered ability: Rally movement

Ferdinand: He would unlock this class if he unlocked his hidden talent before his paralogue.

Spoiler

Armour Paladin (sword, lance, axe, armor, riding):

Skills:

• Armoured Blow
  • Armour Charge: adds shield protection and 1/5 Def to melee damage
  • Canto

Master Art:

• Great Charge (sword/lance/axe): adds 3 damage per square crossed (shortest path applied)

Comments: Its stats would be mostly like those of the Paladin, trading like 2 Spd for 4 Def. This class should stablish Ferdinand as a pure frontline fighter, which would benefit most for having high defense and a shield equipped, and charging into combat.

Petra: She would get her personal class after her paralogue.

Spoiler

Hunter Queen (sword, bow, infantry):

Skills:

• Stealth
  • Surprise Attack: +5 damage and +20 hit when attacking from woods
  • Hunter's Eye: nullifies enemy terrain bonuses from woods

Master Skill:

• Forest Stride: +20 Avoid in woods, nullifies forest movement penalties when crossed as a light infantry unit

Comments: Since during the war phase as enemy she appears as an assassin, I adapted this class to her homeland, which seems to be a forestal one (based on her paralogue). This class is aimed to be best used as an outdoors class, and thus, a handicap in city/castle terrains (where she wouldn't get as many bonuses). Even though she has a boon in flying, I think she is more likely to be a stealthy warrior from the woods than a flyer (she could always change to a flyer for the other maps).

Marianne: She'd get her personal class if she has unlocked her hidden talent at her paralogue.

Spoiler

Bless Maiden (sword, lance, faith, riding):

Skills:

• White Magic x2
  • Healing+10
  • Canto

Master Skill:

• Magic Blade: Magic combat arts can have follow up attacks as regular attacks, each attack uses its increased cost.

Comments: This class combines Marianne's default advanced class and her horse (Dorte). After mastering her class, she gets increased combat capabilities. Her class name plays on how she ends the perceived curse of her Crest.

Dorothea: She would get this class after the time-skip if the had her hidden talent unlocked by then.

Spoiler

Trobairitz (sword, reason, faith, authority, infantry):

Skills:

• Offense Aria: she boosts all adjancent allies with Rally Str/Mag/Dex/Spd and Special Dance and Rally Charm (if equipped). It also has a charm/4+Support of refreshing the character like if Dance is used. If she's the designated dancer, one character within range can be chosen to be guaranteed a new turn (the rest can get refreshed based on luck).
  • Defense Aria: she boosts all adjancent allies with Rally Def/Res/Lck and Special Dance and Rally Charm (if equipped). It also has a charm/4+Support of granting each character a Blessing effect like if the battallion gambit is used for one turn (if the target already has Blessing active, it only receives the stat bonuses). If she's the designated dancer, one character within range can be chosen to be guaranteed a new turn.
  • Healing Aria: when using heal on an ally, adjacent characters to the caster (Dorothea) recover half the amount. If she's the designated dancer, target is refreshed and Special Dance, if equipped, is applied.

Master Skill:

• Holy Encore: Increases the range of the Arias effect by 1.

Comments: I based this class on Lyria's, from Tear Ring saga, who could buff her allies and randomly refresh them. Instead of getting just one song on Dorothea, I gave her two of them for buffing offense (with a chance of refreshing) and defense (with a chance of blessing). The last one turns Heal into a small Fortify. Finally, since she was supposed to be the game's dancer, I integrated the dancer utility into her arias, making a character retain the Dancer ability.

Only two haven't been done so far. Might as well complete the school!

Whisper (Beradetta)

Spoiler

Accessible: Upon completion of her and Petra's Paralogue

Class Skills: Bowfaire, Bow Range +2, Stealth

Skill Modifiers: Lance +3, Bow +3

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 18, Mag: 10, Dex: 14, Spd: 20, Lck: 12, Def: 13, Res: 15, Cha: 0, Mov: 6

Stat Mods: HP: +3, Str: +3, Mag: +0, Dex: +5, Spd: +3, Lck: +0, Def: +0, Res: +2, Cha: 0, Mov: 0

Class Mastery Ability : Parting Shot- If unit initiates combat and defeats foe, they get another movement, but not an action.

Descriptor: A master of stealth, Bernadetta strikes from the shadows while avoiding attention, just how she likes it.

Commander (Ignatz)

Spoiler

Accessible: Upon completion of his and Rafael's Paralogue

Class Skills: Bowfaire, Rally Movement, Seal Speed

Skill Modifiers: Sword +3, Bow +3, Authority +3

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 18, Mag: 10, Dex: 14, Spd: 20, Lck: 12, Def: 14, Res: 13, Cha: 0, Mov: 6

Stat Mods: HP: +3, Str: +3, Mag: +0, Dex: +5, Spd: +2, Lck: +0, Def: +0, Res: +0, Cha: +3, Mov: 0

Class Mastery Art : Coordinated Attack- Requires bow. 2-3 range, crit +30. Causes adjutant to immediately perform an attack, regardless of role.

Descriptor: Ignatz watches over the battlefield from afar, ready to support an ally or identify prime opportunities to strike.

7 hours ago, The Black Pot said:

Commander (Ignatz)

Reveal hidden contents

Accessible: Upon completion of his and Rafael's Paralogue

Class Skills: Bowfaire, Rally Movement, Seal Speed

Skill Modifiers: Sword +3, Bow +3, Authority +3

Base Stats: HP: 32, Str: 18, Mag: 10, Dex: 14, Spd: 20, Lck: 12, Def: 14, Res: 13, Cha: 0, Mov: 6

Stat Mods: HP: +3, Str: +3, Mag: +0, Dex: +5, Spd: +2, Lck: +0, Def: +0, Res: +0, Cha: +3, Mov: 0

Class Mastery Art : Coordinated Attack- Requires bow. 2-3 range, crit +30. Causes adjutant to immediately perform an attack, regardless of role.

Descriptor: Ignatz watches over the battlefield from afar, ready to support an ally or identify prime opportunities to strike.

I think that upon finishing his paralogue is like a bit too soon. By the time you say, Ignatz might be in his early tens or so, getting an OP class before even Byleth has unlocked his. I also think that a base 18 Str is too high for either his or Bernardetta's personal classes, seeing that Dimitri, Edelgard and Byleth's classes just get 17. I also don't see him as a Commander, even if he has a boon in authority. I think something more along the lines of Arcane Archer (if he has mastered his hidden talent post-timeskip) would fit him better, with a Mastery Art that hits lower of Def/Res when attacking with a bow. Instead of Rally Movement, put Black Tomefaire and move the Cha mod to Mag, and it should be a viable class.