[FE8] draft

goldenblade

Rules

1) Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and villages and Armories and dig up items in the desert. Undrafted Thieves can open chests and doors. (this is for forced deployed units)

2) Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, deploying a undrafted unit that aren't forced deployed, if they join the chapter later it's fine there just undrafted unless you drafted them

3) Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

4) Map shopping is allowed.

5) Eirika, Ephraim and Orson are free.

6) Seth free until after chapter 5. Then he is banned from use.

7) Difficulty can be Normal or Hard.

😎 Either route can be taken. Up to you.

9) it's going to be me and the first 4 people that respond

10) Draftable units: Franz - Gilliam - Vanessa - Moulder - Ross - Garcia - Neimi - Colm - Artur - Lute - Natasha - Joshua - Forde - Kyle - Tana - Amelia - Innes - Gerik - Tethys - Marisa - Ewan - Duessel - Cormag - L'Arachel - Dozla - Saleh - Rennac - Knoll - Myrrh - Syrene

11) Six rounds of Drafting will leave each participant with Six units, and we will use the snake method so like 1,2,3,4,5 then 5,4,3,2,1

12) if you do deploy or use a undrafted unit add 4 turns to your count (unless they are required to get a drafted unit) , save states are fine just no other types of cheating this is just for fun

my-image.png

Edited by goldenblade

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested. Never joined a draft, and I don't remember ever completing Eirika's route so I would play Normal/Eirika.

Edit: I like the typo for rule #8, lol

2: Penalties should be disclosed as well, right?

Edited by Fraven Pooth

I guess I'll give this a shot! I'm really bad, but I love sacred stones!

I'm gonna be weird and go Ephraim hard. I'll probably regret it since chapter 14 is really annoying, but I want to see how fast I can go!

Quick Query:

In #1, you say unrecruited characters may recruit characters and open doors, but in #12 you also say that deploying an undrafted unit warrants a four turn penalty. Is using a thief to open doors or bringing say, Innes to recruit Syrene gonna give us a four turn penalty?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I'll go with Franz.

5 minutes ago, Boomhauer007 said:

Vanessa for me.

I feel like this should have been expected, but I still had my fingers crossed.

Kyle is my choice.

alright, goldenblade, your turn

Edited by Hello72207

28 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

Quick Query:

In #1, you say unrecruited characters may recruit characters and open doors, but in #12 you also say that deploying an undrafted unit warrants a four turn penalty. Is using a thief to open doors or bringing say, Innes to recruit Syrene gonna give us a four turn penalty?

it's fine to bring a undrafted if they are required to recruit a drafted unit and #1 is for forced deployed units

2 minutes ago, goldenblade said:

t's fine to bring a undrafted if they are required to recruit a drafted unit and #1 is for forced deployed units

so, to be clear, there is no penalty for bringing

-an undrafted unit to recruit a unit

-undrafted thieves on the desert chapter/chapters with chests.

2 minutes ago, goldenblade said:

i'll go with garcia

ok sir

3 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

so, to be clear, there is no penalty for bringing

-an undrafted unit to recruit a unit

-undrafted thieves on the desert chapter/chapters with chests.

ok sir

sorry i meant that if a thief is forced deployed for a chapter and you don't have them drafted they can only unlock chests and doors for that chapter only, sorry for the confusion if you have any more questions ask

I was thinking about the recruit unit thing and realized that every character is recruitable with either force deployed units or lords, so that situation should never happen.

There's less than ideal situations like needing 10k for Rennac, but you can still get him.

Jk, Syrene is recruited if she's alive at the end even if you never talked to her. 

Edited by Boomhauer007

dammit, I wanted Joshua Joestar. Whatever, I'll take Moulder da Boulder.

Boomhauer, You are up. Also Golden, have you thought about making a list of the teams people have, for easy reference?

Also, how do you make a mention?

Edited by Hello72207

3 minutes ago, Boomhauer007 said:

Damn I wanted Moulder lol. 

Well, I wanted Joshua, so I guess its just the chain continuing.