• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me: Vanessa / Natasha / Saleh / Colm / Innes / Marisa

Golden: Garcia / Joshua / L'Archel / Cormag / Knoll / Dolza

Hello: Kyle / Moulder / Artur / Syrene / Rennac / Ameila

Fraven:  Ross / Tana / Tethys / Forde / Gilliam / Myrrh

Benice: Franz / Gerik / Lute / Duessel / Neimi / Ewan

You can just copy and paste this into the OP

Guess I'm ok with my team, Kyle is an ok cav, Moulder gets warp, Artur too maybe/ combat, Syrene can save some time on gorgon eggs and other stuff, MAYBE, Rennac can fight? possibly? and easy desert stuff, and Amelia is a possible cav, so ehh.

So we can start now, right?

Edited by Hello72207

I got Franz, and I'll be counting on him to be really good for this one! Aside from that, I've got a pretty solid group, but I should have taken Dozla, Marisa or Tethys instead of Neimi, but for some reason I thought that I'd be able to get Neimi to early promote without grinding. Oh well!

If I take Ephraim route, I may be able to grind Ewan up to level 10 in the arena!

Good luck, one and all, and have fun!

EDIT: Just wanted to check with two things:

I just want to confirm that Colm cannot be used in his join chapter?

And more importantly: In chapter 15, are there penalties for Innes and Saleh defending Eirika or do I have to disarm them to prevent the eight turn penalty?

Edited by Benice

Hard mode. Side note, the speed of this game is so nice after slogging through 3 houses maddening again. 

Prologue: 1 turn. Both Eirika and Seth crit their first attacks, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Chapter 1: 3 turns. Had a couple resets because Eirika doesn't like dodging 50/50s. Had to rescue Gilliam with Franz and move into the corner to avoid being attacked, lost a run to that. 

Chapter 2: 5 turns. Do Ross and Garcia have an invincibility flag? I didn't think they did, but Ross dodged a comical amount of deadly blows. It'd be nice if both Eirika and Vanessa weren't each at level 1 still, but I figure I can work that out later.

Chapter 3: 8 turns. Would have reset in a more serious deal. Lost a couple turns due to 80%+ misses. Seth leveled every stat against the boss for lulz.

41 minutes ago, Boomhauer007 said:

Do Ross and Garcia have an invincibility flag?

Nope, they can die, Ross quite easily actually. I think if he dies, Garcia actually won't go with you.

Prologue: 1/1 turns, Starting RNG gives Eirika and Seth a crit on their first attacks, and Seth killed the boss.

Chapter 1: 3/4 turns, one reset because Eirika cannot dodge to save her life. 

Chapter 2: 5/9 turns, I'm fairly certain that with some RNG manipulation, I could have 4-turned, but whatever. Inventory management afterward, I get to sell all my axes, YAY. Wait what? the hatchet is a treasure guys, Ross is gonna get to hang on to it, its his treasure after all.

Chapter 3: 6/15 turns, 1 reset due to Moulder not dodging. Got some staffing in for him though!

Chapter 4: 6? Turns. Actually forgot to look at the certain count before I cleared, woops. Chapter went perfectly after a couple deaths. No strength on Eirika or Vanessa yet is concerning.

Chapter 5: 4 turns. Seth with more amazing levels, everyone else with terrible levels. Ch 6 is going to be brutal.

Chapter 5x: 10 turns. Contender for worst map in the game. So slow, even more so when you only have 2 units.

Currently slamming my head against chapter 6 which might not be possible with this group.

1 hour ago, Boomhauer007 said:

Currently slamming my head against chapter 6 which might not be possible with this group

I think I had the best units out of everyone here and it was still brutal.

For me being way slower than everyone else:

Prologue-2 turns because I am bigbrain strats.

Chapter 1: five or six turns? I almost always forgot to check.

Chapter 2-About five or six again. Everybody's levels are terrible.

Chapter 3: I already regret taking Neimi, but I think it was in the 9 turn range.

Chapter 4: Seven or so turns.

Chapter 5: Seven turns I think? I got all three villages, Lute had some good levels. Franz recieved the dragonshield to make the next chapter easier. I didn't bother to recruit Joshua.

5x: A lot. Like, Seventeen or so. Ephraim insisted on missing every time he could so Orson had to bail him out enough times that he got a perfect level.

Chapter 6: Seven turns, but many resets. I almost finished the chapter, but then I was too slow and a villager died, losing Neimi's promotion for me, so I had to do it again.

Chapter 7: Nine or so turns. Franz finally starts to be decent with his leveling; Lute is becoming a beast and Neimi is also starting to become decent after their really bad levels.

Chapter 8: Fourteen or so? I'll have to confirm all of these. Franz promotes and is now actually quite amazing and is near Seth-tier. Neimi and Lute are nearing promotion, and I grabbed the angelic robe with the chapter 3 chest key! It went straight to Lute.

And I have decided that I shall do BOTH routes because wai not!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I didn't bother to recruit Joshua.

Now u make his mum sad. Bad Benice.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Seven or so turns.

BENICE

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

I got all three villages

Umm, There is four villages, but ok.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

And I have decided that I shall do BOTH routes because wai not!

ok.

Just now, Hello72207 said:

Umm, There is four villages, but ok.

I always forget that Tethys' village is a village. Point is, I got all four and the guiding ring.

I legit might restart, I'm not sure I can do it with a Vanessa that's still on base strength and just one point of speed at level 5. She can't double the boss with an iron lance lol. Two hours of resets and RNG rerolls produced basically nothing. I'm actually playing on cart, so I don't have the power of save states to truck through one chapter either. 

57 minutes ago, Boomhauer007 said:

I legit might restart, I'm not sure I can do it with a Vanessa that's still on base strength and just one point of speed at level 5. She can't double the boss with an iron lance lol. Two hours of resets and RNG rerolls produced basically nothing. I'm actually playing on cart, so I don't have the power of save states to truck through one chapter either. 

Oh man. Maybe you can get an exception and can use Seth for the next bit?

Chapter 9 Eph remains my least favorite map in FE8. Took me a million years because Ephraim was sleeping on the job; Lute promotes to mage knight so I have a staffbot; 26 turns or so.

Chapter 10: I almost cleared it in five turns. But Neimi sucks so I had to protect her with Franz. Ten turns, didn't recruit Cormag or get either promotion item.

And I'm pretty sure Neimi is strength screwed by quite a lot; she has five base strength, 40% growth IIRC, and in eleven levels, (not including promotion) she got to seven strength.

Today I'll start on Eirika route.

Restarted, Vanessa can now now 2hko the chapter 6 boss, except I'm still smacking my head against the RNG trying to get to him while also kiting the healer away.

But got some quicker clears:

Prologue 1 turn

Chapter 1, 3 turns

Chapter 2, 4 turns

Chapter 3, 6 turns

Chapter 4, 5 turns

Chapter 5, 5 turns (could be 4 but I want the guiding ring)

Chapter 5x, 9 turns

Chapter 6: 4 turns, thought this stupid chapter would never end. It was basically flying Vanessa straight to boss before the Cavs overwhelmed Eirika and Colm. Needed easily like 15 50/50 rolls to hit, and even the successful attempt involved an 80% dodge of the boss. Hardest part was having to increase the RNG needed in order to bait the cleric away from the boss, which required equipping the iron lance instead of the slim lance to drop a fighters HP low enough to trigger the heal AI.

Edited by Boomhauer007

14 hours ago, Boomhauer007 said:

I'm actually playing on cart, so I don't have the power of save states to truck through one chapter either. 

A true legend. You have my respect.That is one screwed Vanessa.

Chapter 4: 6/21 turns. Could have had 5, but Artur didn't crit the boss.

Chapter 5: 11/32 turns. Really slow. did not want to solo with Seth because chapter 6 should be a beast with an underleveled Artur, so he got kills. All villages saved.

5x: 15/47 turns. Should have used Orson, but he got the killer lance while Ephraim and Kyle went through the castle.

6: 9/56 turns before starting, I purchased a torch staff, for Moulder, and some other supplies. Artur got the dracoshield, and the hills saved my life, until the enemies were cleared out enough for Eirika to reach and kill Novala with a killing edge. My Eirika actually is leveling strength too! she has 9 at level 10. Not much defense, but the strength is still very handy. Moulder got to B rank staves too! Also RIP the Orion's bolt. Wasn't as beastly as I thought it would be, but I still had a few resets.

7: 7/63 turns Or I could use the EIRIKA WALKING OVER RIVERS staff.

8. 12/75 turns. I bring Colm because I have been told we can bring him for this level because I want the angelic robe, FINALLY I GET A HORSIE GUY, and Tirado is a jerk, adding an addition turn on to my time with an amazingly-placed great shield proc.

Chapter 7: 9 turns. Could have been less, but I didn't draft colm to not steal that energy ring. 

Chapter 8: 20 turns. Brutal with just Vanessa / Eirika / Colm for combat still, and archers everywhere. Only Ephraim was usable on the left, and he was the only one capable of killing the boss. Getting him there took forever. That said, the elysian whip here is invaluable. 

Chapter 9: 23 turns. Ugh rout map. Vanessa promoted at the start to falcon knight, access to swords actually really helped here. Saved all the villages as Vanessa flew around. Colm hit level 18 and promoted to rogue with a usable 13 strength. 

It's a good thing my team is built around warping later because these 43 turns have to get made up somewhere. 

19 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

8. 12/75 turns. I bring Colm because I have been told we can bring him for this level because I want the angelic robe, FINALLY I GET A HORSIE GUY, and Tirado is a jerk, adding an addition turn on to my time with an amazingly-placed great shield proc.

Can we get some clarification?