[FE8] draft

goldenblade

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold up, we're allowed to use save states? Bruh. I could have fixed Ephraim's horrendous accuracy in 5x!

On 6/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, goldenblade said:

12) if you do deploy or use a undrafted unit add 4 turns to your count (unless they are required to get a drafted unit) , save states are fine just no other types of cheating this is just for fun

🙂

Chapter 6: 5/41

Ross basically solo'd this one and made me look brilliant for giving him the dracoshield. He also got nothing but excellent level-ups all chapter long. I didn't even bother to trim this footage because I'm lazy to show how simple it really was. Keep in mind this is on Normal Mode, and Ross might not have even been out of Trainee on HM.

Chapter 7: 5/46

I forgot to record, take some screenies with captions:

Spoiler

OQmMXNL.png

Ross smuggles Eirika across the river. Gilliam farms EXP and does nothing else this chapter.

BvRbsGg.png

Land ho. Mage dead.

v0IF3Nr.png

Ross is going to kill one archer and Eirika will take on the boss. Ross is now OHKO'ing them with an iron axe and doubling even though he doesn't need to.

lGp3W3D.png

Fingers crossed.

ikAYhYH.png

Eirika survives EP, and the RNG likes me today.

51kXNhp.png

Pretty cool I guess.

2F8k4mD.png

Seize.

Edited by Fraven Pooth

Chapter 10: 13 turns. This could have easily been like 5, but Marisa. May have drafted Ewan had I considered how many turns this would cost me. Hardest part of the map was keeping Gerik from combat (hit by 2 range in that fort) as a blue unit. 

Chapter 11: 15 turns. I never realized just how terribly designed this map is. A fog of war rout chapter where enemies spawn in the corners of the map, and then for some reason a bunch of them went non aggressive at the end costing even more turns. The victory fanfare played 3 different times. L'Archel actually got sniped by the promoted gargoyle, good thing I didnt recruit her. 

Up next: Another rout map with terrain that makes routing extremely tedious...but at least now we have Saleh, who immediately got the angel robe I've been saving. 

Edit instead of back to back posts. 

Chapter 12: 11 turns. This is where having a level 5 falcon knight is paying huge dividends. Vanessa just flew all over the map erasing chunks of enemies while Saleh cleaned up all the spawns in the back. 

Chapter 13: 5? Turns. Forgot to count. Even in an LTC draft I could still beat the boss almost before Cormag shows up. I managed to steal Amelia's speedwing before she died, it went to Saleh right away. 

Chapter 14: 13? Turns. Also forgot to count. Grabbed the member card killing Rennac on turn 2, followed by lots of carrying Eirika to the throne. Vanessa killed Carlyle without being hit, and was fast enough to double him with an iron lance. Missed the 10k gold by 1 turn which kinda sucked, already burned 1 extra turn hitting the secret shop for killing edges and lances. Promoted level 10 Marisa and Natasha, Natasha has 8 magic as a bishop which is pretty lol. 

I drafted Colm for the sole purpose of not taking a turn penalty to deploy in 15, here we go. 

Edited by Boomhauer007

Chapter 9: 19/94 turns. Urgg. At least Kyle finally got some speed levels and a speedwing, so he should one-round more. Eirika got the previous chapters angelic robe. Artur got promoted  Tana made it to the rapier village without getting attacked, and Kyle can just barely make it before the pirates to the other village. Hopefully the warp staff can really save me some turns, because this is not going too well.

Chapter 10: 8/102 turns. Kyle promotes before the start into a paladin. Amelia gets an angelic robe, and Artur gets a dragonshield. Amelia got to level 8, so she should be able to promote next chapter's end. No Marisa recruitment, but no one on our team can use the Shamshir anyway, so we will settle for killer weapons. We also got a guiding ring for Moulder, but he isn't level 10 yet, so we need to wait. Also:

1179734524_fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones(25).png.335c23c67a851a9c901312c1fc051b1e.png

INFINITE POWER. INSTANT WARP STAFF WHEN WE GET IT. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Chapter 11: 12/114 turns. Before going in, we buy two more torch staves, one for Artur (Another warp/rescue staff user would be nice) and one for Moulder (doesn't need the rank, but xp is nice.) Amelia gets to level 10. This level sucks, but the next is even worse.

Chapter 12: 13/127 turns. Amelia promotes to cavalier at the start. Moulder promotes to bishop at the start. Amelia and Kyle move through the path as fast as possible, Amelia got some levels.

Chapter 13: 4/131 turns. Moulder gets the energy ring, for extra warp range. Kyle runs straight at the boss, but until Aias switched to his silver blade on enemy phase, Kyle had ~50 hit on him with a silver or killer lance. I could have rigged a 3 turn, but no.

Chapter 14: 14/145 turns. Kyle continues the delightful pattern of having ~50% hit on bosses, but Carlyle doesn't get doubled and has a crit rate on him, which if a crit lands OHKOs Kyle. Fun. We get Rennac, most of the treasure, the secret shop, and a B staves on Artur.

Eirika Hard finished

201 turns later: https://imgur.com/a/JvVA4nT

Characters after competition: https://imgur.com/a/vUrt0MX

Not pictured: Vanessa, who died against final Lyon. She finished at 11/20, capped strength / skill / speed with solid defense and res. Saleh and Vanessa got all the stat boosters. 

Remaining chapter summaries:

Chapter 15: 15 turns. Stalled a couple turns for the silver card, wasn't even needed in the end. Made use of Colm with Audhulma and Excalibur to quickly snipe bosses. In a surprise to no one, Vanessa was immediately given the boots for 10 move shenangins. 

Chapter 16: 9 turns. Now we start warping... except Natasha still had 8 magic lol. Luckily the minimum distance is 5. Warped Vanessa up to clear the room, warped Eirika to cap. 

Chapter 17: 6 turns. I wanted to steal the dragon shield, and then Colm critted the berserker and killed him (with an iron sword). This could have been 3 or 4 turns if my plan hadn't involved the shield. All the villagers and syrene died lol. 

Chapter 18: 9 turns. Actually kinda tricky with only 8 units. Managed to kill all the eggs before they hatched. 

Chapter 19: 4 turns. I pity the foos without warp here. Warp Marissa into the speedwing room, warp Ephraim to the boss, easy KO. One more turn and king whatever his name is would have gotten obliterated lol. 

Chapter 20: 5 turns. Blitz Vanessa to the boss area, clear all the adds. Warp Ephraim for the boss kill, warp Eirika for the cap. Could have been so much efficient with a warp bigger than 5 tiles lol. 

Endgame: 6 turns (4/2). In her final act of heroism, Vanessa flew straight into the boss area and cleared nearly the entire room, smacked Lyon with Vidofnir a couple times, and fell to the crimson eye spam after Lyon hit her. For style points, I killed Formotiis with Colm.

Final thoughts: I could have subtracted quite a few turns with hindsight. Things like chests that I sacrificed turns for ended up being unnecessary, and I had a personal rule of not looking up spawns ahead of time. Chapters 8 and 9 were a fifth of my whole run. Unpromoted/fresh promoted Vanessa, Colm, and Eirika were my only combat units lol. Vanessa was an obvious MVP. Falcon knight having sword access was actually huge, she never had the bulk to go into a crowd of axes wielding a lance and coming out alive. The unlikely MVP was Colm, who had the 2nd highest strength on the team lol. He was a powerhouse with the S sword, and never got hit. Saleh and Ephraim are always good, Marisa is always bad, and Eirika did Eirika stuff and ended with 15 strength. Natasha with 12 magic at endgame was lol, but warp is warp. I had a good time, would definitely be up for something like this again. 

Edited by Boomhauer007

Chapter 9: 9/67

Tana joins us! Ross swam down, got his Ocean Seal, and killed the boss and a bunch of other mooks along the way. Tana saved the Rapier, and Forde walked in on Rennac for the Dragonshield. Amelia's speedwing may have cost me a turn but whatever. Angelic Robe for saving both villages.

Resource distribution: First Angelic Robe to Tana before starting 9, new one goes to Eirika. Dragonshield to Tana, and speedwing to Forde. Didn't promote Ross quite yet because he has 99 exp, and it won't help the next chapter at all.

Chapter 10: 4/71

This was a bit of a nightmare, Tana not being level 10 means I can't use her Whip yet. D-lances means she can't use the Killer lance for the boss, and I had to really rig the RNG to keep her alive from the bows/ballistae and get Eirika to crit the boss twice with the Killing Edge. The other 3 just picked up meaningless kills for exp to the south, and all NPCs survived. I couldn't get the Lancereaver, but did pick up the Killer Axe.

Chapter 11: 8/79

Fog of war rout map, not much to say about this one. Ross did his one-man-army thing and went directly south, promoting along the way. Tana reached level 13 and is ripe for promotion, Forde continues to underwhelm... all chests looted (even though I can't use the restore staff).

>Tana goes Wyvern and gets the Secret Book.

Edited by Fraven Pooth

Chapter 15: 13/158 turns. Eirika somehow got the Metis's tome, so we have to decide who to give that too. Rennac gets the boots, the warp staff, and a few levels. Kyle killed Calleach with an axe reaver, and Amelia, freshly promoted, one-rounded Valter with a dragonspear.

Chapter 16: 7/165 turns. Moulder has a fairly good 8 warp range, and we should be able to get it up even further. Boots are going on Amelia, because she is very blessed. 8 levels lower then Kyle, and similar combat. Metis's tome too, because she is only a level 2 paladin. Anyways, we warp her into the throne room, mop up enemies with a javelin, and then murder Orson with a Horseslayer. No treasure gathered.

Chapter 17: 5/170 turns We stop by the Jehanna secret shop, or I was planning too, but the option doesn't show. I thought I went to it, and I already bought some stuff from it. But I wanted more killer weapons. Whatever. Rip the rescue staff, those river folk never stood a chance. Kyle and Amelia killed Lyon, Syrene survived.

Chapter 18: 8/178 turns. Artur hits A staves, so we have two warpers now. He has 10 warp range, which is pretty good, meaning we can get slightly further. For how annoying this map is, it still has some fairly good design in forcing you to rush otherwise A: you get screwed over by a sheer ton of gorgons, and B. Gorgon eggs give a guaranteed 50 xp, for fast levelups.

Chapter 19: 2/180 turns. Warp Rennac to speedwings room, get speedwings, warp Vidofnir + Hoplon guard Kyle down, kill Riev. Done. Lets move on. If I had a dancer I could have possibly one-turned this.

Chapter 20: 4/184 turns. I love the shenanigans you can do with two warpers. Kyle gets the speedwing.Warp Eirika over mountain range with Artur, warp Artur over with Moulder. Syrene takes the warp staff back to Artur, and Syrene carries Kyle over the mountain range. Artur warps Eirika with the Audhulma and a pure water to tank Riev, and Kyle is dropped near Artur to be warped next turn. Kyle gets warped and kills Riev again, and Eirika attacks Morva with Audhulma, so she can tank the mogalls. Rennac dies, but he is unnecessary at this point.

Final 1: 5/189 turns. We have to repair the warp staff AGAIN, and we warp Eirika close to Lyon first turn, after she eats a pure water, because with Audhulma, Eirika has around 26 resistance, and 35 attack, along with 70 avoid. We send in Artur in after her, and they together slay Lyon, with Latona backup.

Final 2: 2/191 turns. Just didn't have enough attacking power to one turn it. 

Turns: 

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_26.png

191 on the button.

Stats:

Rennac died, but Rennac was just Rennac, and not too important. Getting the boots and warp staff were helpful however.

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_27.png?width=575&height=431

Eirika was very helpful as a bosskiller late-game, and overall was very nice. Low defense though.

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_28.png?width=575&height=431

Ephraim was helpful in the end, and did some stuff.

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_29.png?width=575&height=431

Artur was very helpful. This is the first time I have used him till the endgame, and he did not disappoint. Warp and slayer were both very helpful in losing turns.

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_30.png?width=575&height=431

Moulder had warp earlier then Artur, and helped with a few things, but the energy rings I gave him to increase his warp range would have been better on Artur. Slayer is still good.

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_31.png?width=575&height=431

Kyle took a bit to get going, but once he started reliably doubling, he never stopped being helpful. His low res really limited what he could do in some levels however.

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_32.png?width=575&height=431

To be honest, I never actually expected to get Amelia to Paladin. She surprised me and exceeded expectations however. The boots would have been better on someone else I feel.

fire-emblem-the-sacred-stones_33.png?width=575&height=431

Syrene was helpful in the chapters she was available for, and helped save some turns.

Overall:

This was fun and I feel like I had a solid team. My turncount was a little high on a few chapters where I obsessed over things that I could have gone without. This was the first time I have done a LTC of any kind and it was pretty fun. My team got ridiculous at endgame though. Two paladins that were both insane, TWO WARPERS which shaved so many turns off endgame, and opened up strategies that would have been harder otherwise. Rennac was not that good, and an early flier or an earlier cav would have helped. Would definitely be up for another one. Good luck everyone else!

Edited by Hello72207

Chapter 12: 7/86 Turns

Tana put in some real work here. Looking back she probably should have carried someone up with her, but oh well. Forde used up almost the entire Silver Lance, which could be a problem since I can't use the Hammerne ever. Saleh visited the villages because he was bored. I missed out on the Halberd, and Gilliam probably won't forgive me for that.

>Forde used Ewan's Energy Ring

Chapter 13: 2/88 Turns

Survive/Defeat Boss. Guess which one I did 😋. Gilliam and Tana started going south to make that ballista shut up. Forde got danced and took a seat on one of the forts, and was slept on enemy phase, which was unfortunate because it probably cost him his last level-up before promotion. Ross doubled and crit the boss for yet another notch in his belt. No Zanbato, which might make Forde sad, but Eirika has a ton of Rapier uses left. Ain't nobody got time for Cormag.

>Forde promoted to Paladin

Chapter 14:  9 10/97 Turns

Gilliam went Southwest alone with just a Hand Axe, an elixir, and a pair of chest keys to grab the Energy Ring and Dragonspear. Rennac got a cool 10k to open 2 chests and a door (I later remembered I can't even use the Hammerne). Tethys helped quite a bit here, letting Rennac pull back after opening the door in order to avoid a penalty by him getting targeted by the Sleep staff, and generally pushing things along. Ross finished the boss with a Swordreaver. I went back to use the secret shop and give the boss kill to Forde instead. It only cost me a single turn to buy a bunch of killer weapons thanks to Tethys. Whether they actually will make up that turn later... 🤔

>Eirika used the Energy Ring that Gilliam went 'Leeroy Jenkins' for.

My stash of Javelins is pretty low since I forgot to stock up before 14. Hopefully it isn't an issue, but that's probably wishful thinking... Anyways, I might start recording again for Chapter 15.

Edited by Fraven Pooth

Made some headway on Eirika route:

Eir chapter 9: Eleven or so turns, I think. Promoted Lute to Sage for the extra defense; recruited Amelia for the speedwings. Franz gets some good levels. Neimi sucks.

Eir chapter 10: Nine turns. Ignored the whole bottom of the map and rushed Pablo. Neimi promotes after finally getting some decent levels.

Eir chapter 11: Nineteen turns. I should have restarted after there was one monster who evaded my grasp for six turns. (And also should have used the torch staff because I forgot that lute can use it now)

Eir Chapter 12: Fifteen-ish turns. Ewan was unironically helpful and killed three monsters all alone. His growths were awful. Gerik promotes.

Eir chapter 13: Two turns. Franz + horseslayer=dead Aias.

Eir chapter 14: Fourteen or so turns. The boss was really annoying. Killed Rennac for the member card, visited the shop and bought some killer weapons. Ewan still sucks but became a Shaman after this map.

Aside from that, I got a bit of progress on Ephraim route.

Phantom ship: eight turns. I remembered that I can use Duessel; benched Lute and Neimi because they really suck in this route. Duessel got a perfect level aside from luck.

I'll try to finish by friday!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 1:24 AM, Benice said:

I'll try to finish by friday!

Friday in what month exactly? IK you are also doing the HHM thing but dang, this has been a long wait. Did you give up or something?

Just now, Hello72207 said:

Friday in what month exactly? IK you are also doing the HHM thing but dang, this has been a long wait. Did you give up or something?

WHoops. Forgot. I'll do my best to finish by wedsneday.

5 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

5 hours ago, Benice said:

WHoops. Forgot. I'll do my best to finish by wedsneday.

TBF, Benice isn't the only one who's been MIA 🙄

I recorded these weeks ago, but finally uploaded them:

Chapter 15: 10/107 Turns

Spoiler

Chapter 16: 5/112 Turns

Spoiler

Edited by Fraven Pooth

Decided to restart, and it's mostly going better, but holy cow, Eirika is cursed. In six levels, she has gained one point of speed and no luck. With a 60% growth in both. She can't dodge to save her life...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Decided to restart, and it's mostly going better, but holy cow, Eirika is cursed. In six levels, she has gained one point of speed and no luck. With a 60% growth in both. She can't dodge to save her life...

Now that is impressive. That is a big screwing over.

Fun fact: If Eirika is slow and has low luck, she's bad!

Anyways, I'm unlikely to finish today, but I'm pretty close! Probably be done by this friday.