Grand Hero Battle: Mad King Gangrel

SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid So much for those extra stats on generic enemies in GHBs. I guess with weapon effectiveness, that really doesn't matter. Neat clear!

The spacing was a bit annoying in this GHB, so had to take some out on enemy phase. Not really a problem for Bartres. Unfortunately, my normal Fir at 4*+10 doesn't have enough hp to pulse Bartre, so just used Silvia. Spring Fir finally got to participate though, now that she has galeforce!

This map is not challenging at all. I was able to 1-turn it in enemy phase.

@DarkAlf @daisy jane @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @Sasori @mampfoid @Landmaster @SuperNova125 @Vicious Sal

@Nowi's Husband What a powerful Mustache Nowi! She did a great job tanking every last one of them! Bonus points for the Heart in Player Phase Turn 3.

@LordFrigid Nice video! Both Caeda had fun defeating Gangrel and his allies. But of course the MVP was Chrom, with his Chill Def. So OP!!!

@Maaka It's so nice to see Spring Fir in action, and alongside with her two daddies. Great video, Maaka!

This one was quite easy. The only issue I had was Gangrel being able to OHKO with ''exact damage'' (26DmgVs26Hp) before Osian could retaliate. So I just gave a Distant Defense 1 Seal and easy clear on all difficulties.

This one doesn't have the 1~0CD special on the boss and the only threat was Panic. Despite that Eirika still soloed it like it was child's play. No video because this one didn't strike my fancy.

The Mad King steps up to take the fall.

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with M!Robin, M!Marth, M!Morgan and BowChrom, Infernal cleared with Aversa, Cherche, Sumia and F!Morgan.

Gangrel's map was a little bit too easy especially with the newest addition to Team Anna.

I'm surprised Gangrel didn't have instant specials since this wasn't an enemy reinforcement map. I guess people complained about it or something?

Leon's dance squad is back in action!  Since everything was so spread out, it wasn't too hard.  Despite have a ton of HP, Gangrel still fell to a Brave Bow.

This one was a bit tricky with the annoying weapons on some of these units but nothing too hard, thanks to the special guest this time~

Mirabilis has me thinking about bringing back Dancer Emblem

@Nowi's Husband - Loving the mustache Nowi and Darting Breath. I’d like to get that on my Nowi, too~

@LordFrigid - Going right in on Gangrel and leaving his goons to fall after him, great work from the double Caedas

@Maaka - Spring Fir is returning from the grave! And she got to honor Bartre with her own mustache~ Amazing just for that, TBH~

@Diovani Bressan - A double EP clear with best fairy, I approve

@NSSKG151 - I was hoping we would see the newest Anna~ Is Lull new on NY!Anna? Apotheosis Anna got a chance to show how good she is in her debut with the Close Call and Blue Flame kill on Gangrel~ And OG got the nice, clean finish,  really awesome job!

Edited by Landmaster

All those debuffs and tries made for a tricky map to move around in. Still my new team managed to do things pretty easily when I got it all figured out.

Mustafa and Brunya are helping Little Caeda with this map. Narcian meanwhile has never been more Narcian.

@Diovani Bressan: You really did't have any trouble with this map. Mini Marth and Saizo cleaned house. Even Gangrel got one rounded immediately.

@Maaka: That mustache looks really great on Fir. Also nice use of the Batre galeforce squad again

@Landmaster: Interesting to see a dancer without dance. A good introduction to your new avatar since she held the line pretty well. After that the Elise's could get out of the corner and kill stuff again.

@SatsumaFSoysoy

@DLNarshen For my 'use' of Narshen

@Landmaster Nice video! I also approve the use of fairies.

@Sasori Narcian MVP, that's for sure! Nice video! You cannot see in the video, since I left support animations on, but thank's to Mirabilis -5 Atk debuff after dancing that Saizo was alloed to do the exactly damage to kill him. (Not that matters, since Gangrel would die to Saizo's vantage in the next turn)

@Landmaster It's not often I see a dancer be used to bait units out or not be equipped with Dance for that matter. Nice clear!

Yeah, the Lull skill is new since one of the tickets from the Forging Bonds rerun last month gave me Dimitri and I figured Anna would like that skill for her Spendthrift Bow set more than the Sabotage skill so...(please don't hate me for it, I kind of didn't want to do it either since that was my first and only copy of him)

Team Husbando were the only team able to clear this horrible map.  Honestly I hate stat balls like they had.  Though Grimmy being the MVP wasn't surprising, once I took that stupid red mage out with Regal.

Team Waifu are not as good as Team Husbando yet, but the girls did clear Lunatic with a slightly made up on the fly solution:

Lucina was the MVP of the map of course.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

On 6/6/2020 at 7:26 PM, Sasori said:

All those debuffs and tries made for a tricky map to move around in. Still my new team managed to do things pretty easily when I got it all figured out.

Mustafa and Brunya are helping Little Caeda with this map. Narcian meanwhile has never been more Narcian.

Cool team, pretty easy to get it started with Baby Caeda~ Mustafa is a pretty nice unit, first time seeing him in use and he didn't disappoint with help from his assistant, Brunnya.

@Landmaster Ooh Mirabilis debut! Gosh she's so tanky! She would make a good wall for Dance Emblem indeed. Nice use of the top island for the Elises to chill about for a bit lol.

@Diovani Bressan Your team blitzed through it. Another Mirabilis appearance, she goes great with Saizo!

@Maaka Nice Spring Fir use, she looks fun! Nomral Too bad normal Fir needs more muscles to get that HP for that Infantry Pulse, but hey Silvia works at least.

@Zeo @mampfoid @BoaFerox @Landmaster @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen

Welp had internet problems all last week so here's some late videos.

Firstly is a video featuring the new Emmeryn.

Team is neutral Emmeryn, +HP/-Atk Legendary Lucina, +Spd/-HP Owain and +Atk +1 Ophelia

Music is Prelude (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening

- Since Emmeryn arrived, I wanted to do a cross game team where everyone has the Brand of the Exalt (poor Lissa). Emmeryn on her forehead, Lucina on her eye and Owain/Ophelia on their arm according to their supports.

- Emmeryn's Gravity, albeit ironic, was the perfect starting move to slow down the axe cav. As much as I wanted to use a damaging special for Ophelia so she could say her lines, I needed the AoE to weaken the group of enemies and Gangrel ASAP.

- Owain needed Distant Def and some Close/Distant Guard support (good thing L!Lucina already has one as her C skill) to survive Gangrel. Speaking of Lucina, her HP superboon was needed combined with Ophelia's Drive Def to survive the axe flier.

---

Next is a Mad King Battle!

Team is neutral Fallen Ashnard, neutral Gangrel, neutral Travant and neutral Naesala Music is Mastermind from Fire Emblem Awakening

- The Mad King Ashnard wants to topple the fake Mad King with the King of Thracia Travant, King of Kilvas Naesala and the other Mad King Gangrel.

- Ashnard needed Close Guard from Naesala to survive the first onslaught. Gangrel needed to be in a specific spot so the horse mage would move to the right, which causes Naesala to stay untransformed. Luckily, Travant's Flier Guidance still allows the King of Kilvas to snipe the red mage as if he had the 3 range movement.

- Rare footage of Travant doubling! Against an Armour Knight with Chill Spd but still something! He was also important in keeping the tin can busy for a bit while Gangrel sniped enemies with his Levin Dagger.

----

And here is an Awakening clear, featuring Anna's amazing tap voice lines.

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Atk +1 Cherche, +Atk/-HP Apotheosis Anna and +Spd/-Def Performing Olivia

Music is Conquest (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening

- Cherche's flier status makes initiating the map quite easy. Brave weapon just too good.

- Olivia baited the red mage for a bit while Lon'qu Repos her out to safety when the armour is nearby. Lon'qu needed Close Def to survive the lance knight. While I had Anna beat Gangrel, Lon'qu can actually ORKO him as well if Anna uses her Rally on him.

----

And lastly, here is Plegia Emblem!

Team is neutral Gangrel, neutral Aversa, +Spd/-Res Tharja and +Atk/-Spd Henry

Music is Chaos (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening.

- There sure are a lot of red mages in Plegia (with some dark animations ,too). Aversa's flying status starts things off safely, while Gangrel baits the mages with ease as the rest of the team huddles in that north-western island. 

- Thanks to Aversa's Chill Spd, Tharja can survive a hit from enemy Gangrel while Henry equips Dagger Breaker because I don't have Dew for him to slow Gangrel's attacks down. A lot of Draw back/Shove was involved to avoid getting trapped in the end.

@Maaka

I still get thrown off every time I see Spring Fir. I refuse to believe that carrot is an Axe, even if she swings it like one. Nice work on the clear, especially the Lunges to get Fir deep into enemy territory so the Bartres could warp in and do the things.

@Diovani Bressan

Nice work there, lots of premium B Passives on Marth, I see. Saizo did great work as usual, OHKOing those mages and even taking the hit from that (no-Def-penalty) Axe Dragon.

@Landmaster

I like how, up until the B Tome Cav got to her, Mirabilis just refused to take significant damage. It’s pretty impressive that you took on basically the entire battle scrunched up into that top left corner. Nice job!

@Diovani Bressan Mini Marth makes things so easy. Also Saizo being overpowered as usual thanks to his refine. Nice clear!

@Landmaster That was neat to see the top left area of the map being used! Thought it was rather strange that they put that in the map. Great clear!

@Sasori Mustafa!!! Glad to see him being used already! Seeing him and Brunnya just barely take Gangrel down was nice. Good job!

@mcsilas Lots of tanking going on in that Awakening clear. Emmeryn did quite a bit of work. The lance knight made that second clear pretty troublesome it seems. Cherche is quite the monster as usual, also Lon'qu tanking that lance knight... Henry doubling Gangrel was pretty cool lol. Great job on these clears!

@LordFrigid This is probably the least amount of setup I've ever seen you do. That's kinda sad lol.

@Maaka Ooh, now Fir is back. Do you happen to have a Karla or no? Also wow, Time's Pulse on Bartre is nice.

@Diovani Bressan The dream fairies came out to help Marth and Saizo, huh? Mirabillis does pair with Saizo quite well, especially in Hero Battles where they don't start moving immediately so they can set up the aura. That was clean.

@Wanda Welp, that was a massacre. Poor lance armor. Nice Close Foil set, though. I've heard people use Spiral Heavy Blade Aether on Tharja or something, and it's apparently not bad?

@NSSKG151 It's amazing that in half a year, team Anna has gone from one Anna and three other ponytail redheads to having only one fake Anna in it. DC Close Call is definitely the way to go for the new Anna too. Unfortunately, I don't really have CC/Repel fodder to spare for her. I have a Mareeta manual but I'm holding it for Hilda/timeskip Hilda in the future, or possibly even a Mareeta merge if I get my hands on some other Repel sources later on. I did give Anna DC though.

@Landmaster Mirabillis as a combat unit, huh. She is pretty tanky, good for protecting the Elises. Does she count as an honorary Elise?

@Sasori Nice limited SI clear. Mustafa betrayed his king I see... something I don't think Brunnya would appreciate at all. That's a good accessory on her by the way.

@mcsilas Lucina helps Emmeryn change her fate! I'm sure she was surprised to find that not only does she have a nephew and a niece, but also a great-niece. Some close calls here and there, but good combo from father and daughter broke through the map.

Lol, Mad King and other Mad King vs third Mad King. It's always satisfying to see enemy Specials do single digit damage. Or no damage.

Lucky roll on Anna's tap line lol. Unfortunately this isn't the Trickster Anna, but it's still an Anna from Awakening. I see you made do with mostly budget builds too. Anna would be pleased.

Huh, Henry did work even without his refine. He was definitely one of the Plegians who didn't hesitate to turn his back on Gangrel. Gangrel can dish out some firepower himself too.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Wanda Welp, that was a massacre. Poor lance armor. Nice Close Foil set, though. I've heard people use Spiral Heavy Blade Aether on Tharja or something, and it's apparently not bad?

Thanks! It's her AR set for soloing light season, but I also use it in Abyssals as well. I don't think I'd ever drop Vantage. I've seen Special Spiral + Sol, and I've considered Special Spiral +HB+Aether but I think I honestly prefer Vantage. 

6 hours ago, Wanda said:

Thanks! It's her AR set for soloing light season, but I also use it in Abyssals as well. I don't think I'd ever drop Vantage. I've seen Special Spiral + Sol, and I've considered Special Spiral +HB+Aether but I think I honestly prefer Vantage. 

I use Heavy Blade Miracle myself for AR, but I use her in Astra so there's not as much bulk to rely on I guess.