[FE8] FE inheritance (COMPLETED rom hack)

Gorgonath

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

kEYRVGd.png

Is this some kind of bug or intended? He has C Anima, so he should be able to use it. He can also use Wind tome normally.

Yes, he is not supposed to be able to use Thunder magic. Class description should say "Sword, Fire, Wind" as weapons.

Whoever is not a mage/sage/mage knight usually has a restriction on which tipes of anima magic they can use.
Bishops can use only fire, Druids only Thunder. 

Edited by Vividerbruxte

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Vividerbruxte said:

Fixed it, I hope it didn't caused any trouble. 

Nah, it's no problem. I was planning to promote the guy anyway since he is one of my strongest peeps and he hit lvl20.

The only thing that changed is me deciding to use wind instead of thunder with him

Edited by Shrimperor

Spoiler

r4HhuU7.png

So dunno if i misunderstood her words here, but it seemed to imply that everyone will be able to act again, right?

If so, then i think it's bugged because after Ernest ends his turn (after everyone else, like she said) it switches automatically to enemy phase and my units don't ''get to act twice'' as she said.

Or maybe i am misunderstanding something here?

Also, a text (?) bug, i think

Spoiler

33KaEog.png

Here it says survive for 12 turns, however on the status screen...

sucSZy0.png

20 turns.

I guess it's has to do with a changing objective later?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So dunno if i misunderstood her words here, but it seemed to imply that everyone will be able to act again, right?

If so, then i think it's bugged because after Ernest ends his turn (after everyone else, like she said) it switches automatically to enemy phase and my units don't ''get to act twice'' as she said.

Yes, there is a problem, don't play the chapter it would be impossible probably.
Which emulator are you using? 
Send me your .sav please, I need it to fix this problem. (You can send it here, in a PM or discord).

The event that makes everyone move again, checks Ernest's state. I don't know why but sometimes someone has strange IDs I have to add to the list.
I will give you a fix in 5-6 hours if you give me the .sav .

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, a text (?) bug, i think

This is ok, it's an alternative (almost impossible) way to beat the chapter.

Edited by Vividerbruxte

7 hours ago, Vividerbruxte said:

Which emulator are you using? 

VBA-M

7 hours ago, Vividerbruxte said:

Send me your .sav please, I need it to fix this problem. (You can send it here, in a PM or discord).

Here (Chapter save + suspend save at end of turn 2 before Ernest moves. )

I hope i am not bothering you all too much with this, and thanks in advance^^

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Here (Chapter save + suspend save at end of turn 2 before Ernest moves. )

https://mega.nz/file/PAJkVQ6J#MyS2p-48ld74R5tpAAuczAQOt4MsPZlBpSXng_7Us1o this should work. 

I hope i am not bothering you all too much with this, and thanks in advance^^

I'm happy you are playing the hack so if you have any problem or suggestion don't hesitate to ask.
This was also a big bad bug, so I should be the one thanking you for reporting it, thanks.

Also, I don't know if you are making backups or not, but I suggest you to not save everytime in the same savefile.

Edited by Vividerbruxte

20 minutes ago, Vividerbruxte said:

this should work. 

I just tested it and it works!

Thanks again^^

I shall await the minimug version, since it does help quite a bit haha.

20 minutes ago, Vividerbruxte said:

This was also a big bad bug, so I should be the one thanking you for reporting it, thanks.

👍

I will be posting my thoughts again after i finish the hack or something that really gets my attention happens (wether good or bad). I am enjoying it quite a bit though, or i wouldn't have played that much xD

I am especially enjoying all the unique stuff you are doing with it and the gimmicks some maps bring. I would suggest you cool it down with the memes though, but i will go in detail about that later.

Edited by Shrimperor

In case you need it, we added on the thread a list of all the charcaters that can join your army, and how to recruit them. It should be almost always clear from in-game informations, but here is it, in case you need it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O1t5Oi_JWjfF9Y--gBFWEbqAXoCLTU4c?usp=sharing

You can also find it under the cathegory "Gamapley Notes"

If you are playing in the current version and have recruited the new mage, you might encounter a little problem in chapter 18, nothing game breaking. We're workin on the fix, which will be up later this day, just to let you guys know.

If you are at chapter 17x it would be better for you to wait until the update, before playing chapter 18 (the problem occurs only with the NEW MAGE (Brandon), so if you don't have him, there's no issue)

Ok, we had to anticipate the update due to another problem we casually found out about.

New Update:

-problem in chapter 18 about the new mage fixed.

-In the newest versions, when starting the game, in the prologue, the characters had in their inventaries some endgame weapons (Meteor blades, Boellas, ...). We have now fixed this.

Now, we think this was a very obvious issue, that anyone who started the game recently could have noticed. So, PLEASE, if you see something that's obviously wrong, like those weapons, incredibly stronger than base weapons and completely out of place, PLEASE, report that to us, it was obviously a mistake. We found about this casually looking to some scrrenshot a player sent us. PLEASE report if see you something wrong.

If you have these weapons you'll just need to discard them and continue with the game.

Edited by Gorgonath

4 hours ago, Gorgonath said:

Now, we think this was a very obvious issue, that anyone who started the game recently could have noticed. So, PLEASE, if you see something that's obviously wrong, like those weapons, incredibly stronger than base weapons and completely out of place, PLEASE, report that to us, it was abviously a mistake. We found about this casually looking to some scrrenshot a player sent us. PLEASe report if you something wrong.

"Whoops! I sure wonder how NOONE had noticed that..."

nya-jpg.33290

(In my case, that's because i haven't found the time to play the hack yet to begin with)

Edited by Golb89

54 minutes ago, Golb89 said:

"Whoops! I sure wonder how NOONE had noticed that..."

nya-jpg.33290

(In my case, that's because i haven't found the time to play the hack yet to begin with)

It's not like we can remove those weapons from the inventary if you already have them in in later chapters. You can still use them if you started the game before this update, it's not like we can prevent you from doing it, but you could've at least told us. We'd also like you not to use them, since they are a little bit game breaking, but that's up to the people. (it's a general you here, not you in particular)

Hello people, so, the FEE3 time is coming in some months. We’ve been thinking in the past days how we want to feature our hack in it and what to show. However, since we are the creators of the hack we lack an important point of view, that is the one of those who play the hack without knowing anything.

As many of you that played the hack may have noticed, our hack is somewhat different from the majority of the hacks, especially in the story/plot and in the way they influence the chapters.

The plot of the hack (and also some of its mechanics and particularities) is characterized by a series of plot twists and turns of events, for this reason we gave almost no information about it in the main post, because we felt that every small information could ruin part of the experience.

So, now that we found ourselves in front of a situation where we have to show something, we want to ask you, who played the hack, what do you think we should show in terms of the story and the gameplay, what do you think would be the best chapter/mechanics/plot to show to make people interested without ruining the experience with major spoilers? (Or tell us if you think the spoilers wouldn’t ruin the story, although we doubt, since we really pushed on that aspect.)

Our idea was to show the gameplay of Chapter 2 (no major plot here, but a good amount of mechanics and feature to show). We’ll probably be unable to record our own gameplay with our own commentary, so before asking the organizers to LP our ROM, we’d like to see if someone here would be up to do this beforehand.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:47 PM, Gorgonath said:

Our idea was to show the gameplay of Chapter 2

Chapter 2 doesn't spoil anything, so it could work yeah.

However i think showing off one of

Spoiler

Diet's chapters

Might not be a bad idea, considering they do have some cool gimmicks, but then again, this is a big spoiler, and might also give people the wrong idea about the hack.

Chapter 2 doesn't spoil anything, so it could work yeah.

A guy on FEU said that maybe showing a fog of war chapter might not be the best since many people does not like those.
I was thinking about chapter 8 but meh... it's one of the "more standard fe" chapters of the hack so it would not fit either...
At this point I'm not even sure if we should make a demo-gameplay or just a trailer-presentation showing the main game mechanics and things.

Where are you now in the game btw, how is it going? 

1 hour ago, Vividerbruxte said:

A guy on FEU said that maybe showing a fog of war chapter might not be the best since many people does not like those.
I was thinking about chapter 8 but meh... it's one of the "more standard fe" chapters of the hack so it would not fit either...
At this point I'm not even sure if we should make a demo-gameplay or just a trailer-presentation showing the main game mechanics and things.

You could do one of Diet's chapters and maybe change the portrait/spoiler it for FEE3?

1 hour ago, Vividerbruxte said:

Where are you now in the game btw, how is it going? 

I am doing another try of ch12 right now. Last time i lost one of my stronger units (which i am not willing to continue without...) and had to reset. That and i got XenoblaDE on the weekend, which put everything else, including my real life, on hold...

Edited by Shrimperor

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You could do one of Diet's chapters and maybe change the portrait/spoiler it for FEE3?

I was thinking of letting the player chose to play chapter 2, 8 or 9 by selecting easy, normal or hard mode.
Reworking a little the chapters for the demo (mainly 8 and 9, giving units not present in those chapters like Leeroy promoted in chapter 9, Conrad and Oliver).

Do you think it might work? 

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

am doing another try of ch12 right now

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Vividerbruxte said:

I was thinking of letting the player chose to play chapter 2, 8 or 9 by selecting easy, normal or hard mode.

Hmm
How about replacing 8 or 9 with one of the chapters where you control

Spoiler

Dietwald before the rebellion?

Not the fog map though, since you already are thinking of showing off 2^^

23 minutes ago, Vividerbruxte said:

Good luck.

thanks!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How about replacing 8 or 9 with one of the chapters where you control

Mnh I don't know, they are too much of a spoiler... also they are not as solid as the "main chapters" in my opinion.
Playing chapters 5 and 6 isolated may give the idea that the gameplay is like "make the prepromoted do everything" while it happens only in those two chapters.