Hi, I'm Magenta Fantasies

Like several other newbies, I've lurked here on and off over the years. My first Fire Emblem game was Shadow Dragon (the Nintendo DS remake.) I played Awakening a few years later and enjoyed it much more, then played Fates a few years after that and loved it even more. I'd like to play Shadows of Valentia if I can find it without too much effort (is it me or are FE games really difficult to find after the first year or so they come out?) and I find the time to play it. If I really get around to it, I may play some of the earlier games, too.

As for anything non-Fire Emblem related, I'm a fantasy novelist and illustrator who works full-time as a graphic designer and has a (considerably successful) side job as an illustrator. I've finished several novels, I have tables at comic conventions, and I am getting involved in the production of a visual novel. Although that last bit about the visual novel actually DOES relate to Fire Emblem...

Welcome to Airport 1001. Please remember to wake that slugabed up.

And this is me rolling out the red carpet:

Welcome to the Forest, Magenta Fantasies!

5 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

(is it me or are FE games really difficult to find after the first year or so they come out?)

It's not just you. I also feel like it's the case.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

On 6/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, JubileePhoenix said:

Welcome! And i find it funny your a graphic designer because that's the job I want. I also want to make some comics as well. Now i can look to you as inspiration. 

Graphic design is a great industry. 😄 I really enjoy my work, I have a good work-life balance, and it's a growing field with a ton of jobs available even outside of major cities. (Also, I've been able to work through the whole pandemic.)

One thing that is pivotal is to find a college with a strong graphic design program. Not all colleges with strong graphic design programs are art schools and vice versa. Also, not all colleges with strong graphic design programs are in major cities and vice versa. You'll have to do a fair amount of research on the programs beforehand or go to an open house and see the quality of work the students produce. Unfortunately there are many colleges that offer graphic design as a major, but the graphic design program only teaches the basics, not what you'd actually need to get a job in the industry. I've heard this complaint from my college professors as well as my current boss, and have observed this at portfolio reviews.