What is the most stat screwed unit you have ever had?

I once got to the end of Lyn Mode and realized Lyn's strength stat was 5 at level 9. More recently, and consequentially, I had a massively screwed Ferdinand in my SS Maddening no NG+/No DLC/No Stat boosters run. He had 12 speed by level 21, despite his speed growth never slipping below 50. He ended up a great knight with about 25 strength and 20 speed at level 40. Really should have benched him, in retrospect, but units that turn out bad are just very endearing to me.

36 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I once got to the end of Lyn Mode and realized Lyn's strength stat was 5 at level 9.

That's what we call a strength blessed Lyn

I once had a Nolan that gained six skill, two res and 9 HP over eight levels. By the time Endgame-1 rolled around, he was getting ORKO'd by literally everything.

I once had an Erk who was PROMOTED and had barely 9 Magic.

That was the one when I decided to train Nino. It worked.

my avatar unit when I play randomized rom . She doesn't gain def at all, from cavalier class When promoted and still she maxed out luk stat, she only have 9 def

Edited by Hong Nhi

9 hours ago, Quickpawmaud said:

he doesn’t even have a bad growth! (40%)

I'd say that a 40% growth is bad.

Everyone in my brief time with Shadow Dragon got either empty level-ups, or useless things like HP, Skill or Luck.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Guy not maxing speed was pretty impressive.

Ehhhhh Not maxing a stat isn't necessarily being screwed tho. Unless he was like, level 20 promoted with 20 levels before promo?

Even then, Guy is a unit in FE7. You know, the game where enemies are slow af?

3 minutes ago, Koops said:

Ehhhhh Not maxing a stat isn't necessarily being screwed tho. Unless he was like, level 20 promoted with 20 levels before promo?

Even then, Guy is a unit in FE7. You know, the game where enemies are slow af?

I almost always make 20/20, so yes at level 20 myrmidon he maxed it, but from swordmaster, he couldn't cap it. which, with an amazing 70% of getting it, is pretty crazy.

And I don't think the game being to easy is relevant to how a unit got stat screwed, but that could just be me.

Edited by lightcosmo

My current PoR run has more stat screwed units than I care to mention.  Soren got magic like twice in his first dozen levels.  And Oscar getting speed once in 10 levels, with the Knight Ward equipped.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My current PoR run has more stat screwed units than I care to mention.  Soren got magic like twice in his first dozen levels.  And Oscar getting speed once in 10 levels, with the Knight Ward equipped.

My Oscar has frequently been speed or strength screwed early on, and takes a while to catch up to Kieran when it happens.

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'd say that a 40% growth is bad.

Everyone in my brief time with Shadow Dragon got either empty level-ups, or useless things like HP, Skill or Luck.

I didn’t say it was good but for Shadows of Valentina 40 is pretty good when the average growth is 30. In most games anything above 35 is decent and 45+ is good I would say. By averages my Luthier should be about 14 speed but he is at 8 which is not because his growth is bad but because of rng.

Edited by Quickpawmaud

On my current Conquest run, Level 10 Sniper Mozu (Archer since L1 and promoted at L19) has 12 Defence. T-w-e-l-v-e!

With her, it is far more probable to get stat-blessed than stat-screwed. And 12 Def may not seem that bad on paper, for she is a purely Player-Phase unit. But she should have 12 Def as a L15 Archer; she has a 55 % Def growth. She is ten Defence points short. 🙃

Oof.

Yeah, Ike always has a tendency to being short of something. His bases are pretty bad so  he really relies on his growths, which is not a good thing, especially for Ike, who has two important tough battles to fight.

Edited by Koops

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

This Ike really needed his friends to fight for him for a while

That is looking like it might be a Wrath-Resolve Ena run to me. (just a warning, Ena needs to increase strength by 2 and speed by 3 to one round both forms of Ashnard with Wrath and Resolve while transformed)

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Bruh, how? That's impressive.

I once got a dry level with FE6 Karel.

I also should make an honorable mention to my incomplete trainee-solo Amelia, who as a level eight knight had roughly

• Seven strength
  • Six skill
  • Six speed
  • Twelve luck
  • Six defense?
  • Three res

And then my next Amelia followed that up by having Eleven strength as a 10/18/5 Paladin.

PoR Ike, hands down. 14 Str in the endgame meant he tinked Ashnard and got doubled by him in return.

Also despite me trying my damndest to keep him relevant since I had him support Fir, Noah ended up not reaching 20 in a single stat other than HP. Hell, at around lvl 15 Paladin he was only about as good as my Lv 20 Lord Roy (though my Roy was an absolute beast until he hit a level cap).

On 6/9/2020 at 3:17 AM, Koops said:

Oof.

Yeah, Ike always has a tendency to being short of something. His bases are pretty bad so  he really relies on his growths, which is not a good thing, especially for Ike, who has two important tough battles to fight.

To be fair, PoR Ike has bases nearly identical to Roy & Eliwood, the Lords of Mediocrity and RNG Curse Magnets. Ike's Str growth is 5-10% more than those two, but it rests at 50% as does his Skl, and 50% is the most RNG vulnerable for better or worse of all growth values. 55% Spd is almost as vulnerable.