Hi, I'm totally not a Shy Guy

TalkGuy

Hello everyone. I'm not a Shy Guy. I am very new to this website, except the time when I try to find treasures buried under the sand. While Radiant Dawn will always be my favourite, considering it is the one which draw my attention to this series, I found Thracia776 to be a very interesting game as well. Heroes is a good game as well 😄

Besides the Vanilla game, I am also interested in modded content and fan-made challenge such as randomizer, Hacked ROM, Iron man and LTC run..............

Ok, maybe I'm not skillful enough to play Iron man or LTC but I do love watching others on YouTube stressing their "Spectacular" strategy.

Now, you wanna know about a secret? I played my first FE game at 18. And I'm 18 atm, lol. But seriously, I really wish I could've experience these game at a more younger age. While with the power of emulator it did saved my time from getting a SNES console, you can't get the same feelings anymore. Currently I'm trying out Radiant Dawn hard mode, stopped at crimea castle at the moment after witnessing Nephenee dying from a bow gun shooting up the ledge. But one day, I'll reach the tower of guidance >:)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all 😄

And no, I'm not a Shy Guy.

Hi there! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the Forest!

1 hour ago, TalkGuy said:

But seriously, I really wish I could've experience these game at a more younger age.

I feel the same sometimes, even if I know about FE existence when I was only a kid (discovered the serie with SSBM), this saga only began to take my attention some years ago. 

Edited by FireFenrir

Welcome to the forest! I've been playing FE since...I think I started sacred stones midway through november? So you aren't the ONLY new one to the franchise here, I guess.

2 hours ago, TalkGuy said:

I do love watching others on YouTube stressing their "Spectacular" strategy.

A fan of Mangs, are you?

Anyways, we hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the Forest, NotAShyGuy TalkGuy!

3 hours ago, TalkGuy said:

Ok, maybe I'm not skillful enough to play Iron man or LTC but I do love watching others on YouTube stressing their "Spectacular" strategy.

At some point, you'll be.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

On 6/8/2020 at 10:07 AM, FireFenrir said:

Hi there! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the Forest!

I feel the same sometimes, even if I know about FE existence when I was only a kid (discovered the serie with SSBM), this saga only began to take my attention some years ago. 

I was the same way (I found out about Fire Emblem through Super Smash Bros.), though I didn't play any FE games until the Shadow Dragon remake, since it was the first one I could actually find in stores, and I only found it used. I would've loved to have played Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Is it me, or were relatively few copies of the games produced until Awakening? I had a very easy time finding Awakening, and bought it immediately since I thought I wouldn't be able to find it again. On the other hand, I couldn't find Fates in stores, and had to buy a used copy of Conquest.

I wouldn't have minded buying a used copy if not for the fact that I don't have the box, and I really love the Conquest box art and having the box as a collectible. Honestly, I'm tempted to buy a new copy online, keep the box, and sell the used game cartridge. Although I'm not entirely sure if game data saves to the cartridge or the 3DS system. It wouldn't be worth losing my Fates files...

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

8 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Is it me, or were relatively few copies of the games produced until Awakening? I had a very easy time finding Awakening, and bought it immediately since I thought I wouldn't be able to find it again. On the other hand, I couldn't find Fates in stores, and had to buy a used copy of Conquest.

I started with Awakening some years ago (was in 2017 so exactly 4 year after it was released), and I couldn't found it for less than 21€, used, without box, was the cheaper I found. So I think it's the same for every FE games, once released they can be hard to find I guess. I found Awakening just two times at a store, but it was really to expensive. As for Fates, I see it every time I'm on a video game store, used, but in really good condition. And there is also some places where I can find it unused. But Awakening is definitely hard to find actually, but I wouldn't say the same for Fates. But that can be explained by the fact that Awakening is the first FE 3DS game I guess, and it's popularity is quite great, which is also the reason why a game can fastly get expensive.

Edited by FireFenrir