B21 and B22 Discussion/Speculation Thread (B22 Release on 10/01/20!)

AllStarKnight

Well folks, with Cipher ending this year, now's a good a time as any for us fans to have this kind of thread for the final two sets.

Let's discuss newly revealed cards, cards we speculate will be added based on what we've seen so far, anything to do with Cipher news for these sets, and enjoy the excitement for new cards while it lasts!

I want this first post to be informational for easy reference to help discussion, so I'll save my own thoughts for later, and dedicate this post to updating regularly as new cards get revealed. If you have any questions, or if there's any other info/resources you think might be useful to have, let me know!

B22 Cards

By Color

Spoiler

6 Black: Felicia, Flora, Jakob, Leo (x2), Shade

12 Blue: Alice, Cherche (x2), Chrom (x2), Frederick (x2), Lissa, Lucina (x2), Robin (f) (x2)

14 Brown: Bernadetta, Byleth (m) (x2), Claude (Fodlan) (x2), Dimitri (x2), Edelgard (x2), Felix, Gilbert, Kronya, Marianne, Poe

14 Colorless: Abel, Alfonse (x2), Caeda, Cain, Camilla, Ephraim, Lilina, Mirabilis, Rowan, Takumi, Tiki, Veronica, Wrys

14 Green: Black Knight, Danved, Ike (x2), Kyza, Lehran, Mia (x2), Micaiah (x2), Niamh, Soren (x2), Sothe

14 Purple: Al, Eirika (x2), Eliwood (x2), Fomortiis, Guinivere, Knoll (x2), Narcian, Ninian, Randal, Roy (x2)

15 Red: Alm (x2), Celica, Draug, Emma, Kris (f) (x2), Mamori Minamoto (x2), Marth (x2), Medeus, Silque, Tobin, Valbar

2 RedBlue: Itsuki Aoi, Tiki

6 White: Hinoka (x2), Kagero, Kaze, Saizo, Yuzu

4 WhiteBlack: Azura (x2), Corrin (m) (x2)

14 Yellow: Brigid (x2), Claude (Jugdral), Deirdre, Leif (x2), Miranda (x2), Perne, Saias, Seliph, Sigurd (x2), Valjean

-

1 unconfirmed color/art-only right now: Kyza

By Rarity

Spoiler

16 SRs: 1 Alfonse (with SR+ alternate art), 1 Alm, 1 Azura (with SR+ alternate art), 1 Byleth (m) (with SR+ alternate art), 1 Chrom, 1 Corrin (m), 1 Eirika, 1 Eliwood, 1 Guinivere, 1 Ike (with SR+ alternate art), 1 Leif, 1 Marth (with SR+ alternate art), 1 Micaiah, 1 Roy (with SR+ alternate art), 1 Robin (f) (with SR+ alternate art), 1 Sigurd (with SR+ alternate art)

18 Rs: 1 Al, 1 Caeda, 1 Claude (Fodlan), 1 Dimitri, 1 Edelgard, 1 Hinoka, 1 Knoll, 1 Kris (f), 1 Kronya, 1 Leo, 1 Lucina, 1 Mamori Minamoto, 1 Medeus, 1 Mia, 1 Narcian, 1 Saias, 1 Soren, 1 Veronica

81 N/HNs: 1 Abel, 1 Alfonse, 1 Alice, 1 Alm, 1 Azura, 1 Bernadetta, 1 Black Knight, 2 Brigid, 1 Byleth (m), 1 Cain, 1 Camilla, 1 Celica, 2 Cherche, 1 Chrom, 1 Claude (Fodlan), 1 Claude (Jugdral), 1 Corrin (m), 1 Danved, 1 Deirdre, 1 Dimitri, 1 Draug, 1 Edelgard, 1 Eirika, 1 Eliwood, 1 Emma, 1 Ephraim, 1 Felicia, 1 Felix, 1 Flora, 1 Fomortiis, 2 Frederick, 1 Gilbert, 1 Hinoka, 1 Ike, 1 Itsuki Aoi, 1 Jakob, 1 Kagero, 1 Kaze, 1 Knoll, 1 Kris (f), 1 Kyza, 1 Lehran, 1 Leif, 1 Leo, 1 Lilina, 1 Lissa, 1 Lucina, 1 Mamori Minamoto, 1 Marianne, 1 Marth, 1 Mia, 1 Micaiah, 1 Mirabilis, 2 Miranda, 1 Niamh, 1 Ninian, 1 Perne, 1 Poe, 1 Randal, 1 Robin (f), 1 Roy, 1 Rowan, 1 Saizo, 1 Seliph, 1 Shade, 1 Sigurd, 1 Silque, 1 Soren, 1 Sothe, 1 Takumi, 2 Tiki, 1 Tobin, 1 Valbar, 1 Valjean, 1 Wrys, 1 Yuzu

Cipher Resources beyond Serenes: https://twitter.com/FEcipherENG for English full card translations, https://twitter.com/theprinceofiris for general Fire Emblem but also Cipher info and analysis, and https://twitter.com/cipherfaire for Cipher analysis and deck-building

Edited by AllStarKnight
Updated with final B22 cards

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad to see this series go. Perhaps once the pandemic stabilizes for certain, the love for FE cipher in Japan can also return.

It's probably the main reason why the series is ending, because there isn't an online version (but that would be cool.)

EDIT: Plus Priscilla got 2 new cards? They're not the one on her wiki page right?

Edited by Dandy Druid
wanted to add more.

I just saw the last 2 cards who where revealed, and they are amazing both! I just can't remember if that Raven was released before, or just knew about it. Maybe you could add rarity of each revealed cards next to the character name? That's just a suggestion, make it as you wish 🙂

Edited by FireFenrir

Fir got 3 cards confirmed? Where did I miss that?

8 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Plus Priscilla got 2 new cards? They're not the one on her wiki page right?

Cards usually only get added to the wiki once the set is released, I believe. But they were confirmed in a recent live stream.

9 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

I just saw the last 2 cards who where revealed, and they are amazing both! I just can't remember if that Raven was released before, or just knew about it. Maybe you could add rarity of each revealed cards next to the character name? That's just a suggestion, make it as you wish 🙂

Including rarity is a great suggestion, thank you! I know I like to keep track of which rarities have been revealed, especially since there's only so many of the SRs/Rs per set, so it's good for both knowledge and speculation purposes. As for Raven, we had only seen art of his cost 1, so this is our first time to know how it works, as well as our first time to see his very cool SR! I love how Lucius and Priscilla not only support him in the battlefield, but on his SR art too.

6 hours ago, whase said:

Oh, well since you've linked to the livestream you've already seen her 3(2), but two more of her were revealed through twitter. Here's a link to the translation of the reveal, with the original tweet quoted: https://twitter.com/FEcipherENG/status/1265565476421283844

1 hour ago, AllStarKnight said:

Oh, well since you've linked to the livestream you've already seen her 3(2), but two more of her were revealed through twitter. Here's a link to the translation of the reveal, with the original tweet quoted: https://twitter.com/FEcipherENG/status/1265565476421283844

Oh I feel dumb now, I glossed over her 3/2 thinking it was her 4/3. I'm just happy Fir gets 3 new cards though, she's amazing. Thanks for setting me straight! ^^

2 hours ago, whase said:

Oh I feel dumb now, I glossed over her 3/2 thinking it was her 4/3. I'm just happy Fir gets 3 new cards though, she's amazing. Thanks for setting me straight! ^^

Oh np and it's totally understandable, nothing to feel dumb about. It's pretty standard to only get 2 so that's really awesome that she gets to have 3! Especially since it's been so long since she got a card. I'll bet she'll make a fun mc, and this time Bartre will have cards to throw in the mix too 😄

On 6/9/2020 at 5:14 AM, whase said:

Cards usually only get added to the wiki once the set is released, I believe. But they were confirmed in a recent live stream.

Thank you! I found them! I hoped her Valkyrie card would've been more of an action shot like her first one. Oh well, I'm glad she got more art anyways.

Heath's cards also look cool.

Well, with Sharena's promotion being confirmed as an R and not an SR, as well as Heroes Anna being an HR, I'd like to speculate that Peony will be the only colorless SR this set. No matter how popular the other faeries might be, I can't see them getting a 2nd SR slot over a Heroes protagonist this close to the end of Cipher. If I'm right, we should see a similar amount of Colorless cards as we did in B16, which also only got 1 Heroes SR of a non-mc (Eir). B16 also only featured 2 Heroes Rs, so I wonder if that'll be the case this time as well.

This might be because they wanted a 5th SR slot to go to Purple, since while it's one color, they're fitting in two games. Eliwood and Raven SRs to represent Blazing Blade, and then most likely 3 for Binding Blade (Sue confirmed, and then it'd be a perfect time for the 2 remaining cards of the 9-card Legendary Weapons spread).

Speaking of that, the only Legendary Weapons left in the spread are Durandal and Aureola. Perhaps Rutger for the former and Cecilia for the latter? I'm really hoping for Cecilia anyway, since she always seemed too relevant to only have 1 HN, she'd look great on the spread with Roy and Lilina, and I think it's a tome that would make sense for her. But we'll see!

They use to normally put 6 SRs of the part who have 50 cards, which is actually for this set which looks to be Three Houses if I'm not wrong. And then 3 and 3 for the two other game sets. That would be great if they add 1 more for Blazing Blade set, I don't see who could be as an SR from Heroes set, except maybe Triandra but I don't think so.... Or they will do as B10, just adding 2 SRs of the Heroes set, but that would be quite weird just having one SR from the Heroes set, knowing that there will probably be 25 cards of that part of the set.

5 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

They use to normally put 6 SRs of the part who have 50 cards, which is actually for this set which looks to be Three Houses if I'm not wrong. And then 3 and 3 for the two other game sets. That would be great if they add 1 more for Blazing Blade set, I don't see who could be as an SR from Heroes set, except maybe Triandra but I don't think so.... Or they will do as B10, just adding 2 SRs of the Heroes set, but that would be quite weird just having one SR from the Heroes set, knowing that there will probably be 25 cards of that part of the set.

Well, Heroes has always been weird in its amount of dedicated cards. Even in B13, where Heroes got 2 SRs and was 1 of only 3 colors, it only got 15 cards rather than the usual 25. So I wouldn't expect more than 15. And in B16, Heroes only had 1 SR and 10 cards.

Cipher is usually consistent in the cards it dedicates to each game, but Heroes seems to be the exception, so there's really no telling what they'll do. I was mainly basing it off of not having a clear SR pick + Binding Blade needing an extra SR to finish the Legendary paired art. At least we won't have long to wait to find out, with the set coming out in only two weeks.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:15 AM, AllStarKnight said:

Well, Heroes has always been weird in its amount of dedicated cards. Even in B13, where Heroes got 2 SRs and was 1 of only 3 colors, it only got 15 cards rather than the usual 25. So I wouldn't expect more than 15. And in B16, Heroes only had 1 SR and 10 cards.

Cipher is usually consistent in the cards it dedicates to each game, but Heroes seems to be the exception, so there's really no telling what they'll do. I was mainly basing it off of not having a clear SR pick + Binding Blade needing an extra SR to finish the Legendary paired art. At least we won't have long to wait to find out, with the set coming out in only two weeks.

Also taking in count that in B16 there was 4 game set. (Echoes, RD, Binding Blade and Heroes), so that explain the only SR from the Heroes part. But I don't imagine who could be the second SR for the Heroes set. 

Edited by FireFenrir
New SR revealed adding to the post

11 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

Also taking in count that in B16 there was 4 game set. (Echoes, RD, Binding Blade and Heroes), so that explain the only SR from the Heroes part. But I don't imagine who could be the second SR for the Heroes set.

Right, but in B21 it's a 4 game set too? Only 3 colors, but 4 games (Three Houses, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Heroes). I think this is the first time Binding Blade and Blazing Blade have been combined in one set (aside from the all-stars B17), so it'll be interesting to see what they do with the card count!

11 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

By the way, I just saw the tweet about the new SR, and she is amazing!!

Yes, I agree, Mercedes SR is so good!! I knew we had to have 1 Blue Lions SR left, and that based on Hilda, it was probably going to be a Master Class 5(3), but I originally thought we might get Mortal Savant Felix. Then we did but as a N or HN rather than SR, and I wondered if I'd be lucky enough to get a Holy Knight Mercedes SR. So happy it really happened! Beautiful art too and her double-deploy effect sounds super fun ❤️

Now I wonder how the other Master Classes will be represented. So far we already have Falcon Knight (Ingrid R), Wyvern Lord (Hilda SR), Mortal Savant (Felix N or HN), Dark Knight (Lorenz R), and now Holy Knight (Mercedes SR).

I'm thinking we might get Great Knight Ferdinand SR (as our 6th and final Brown SR this set), Bow Knight Ignatz R/HN/N, War Master Caspar HN/N, and Gremory Lysithea R.

2 hours ago, AllStarKnight said:

Now I wonder how the other Master Classes will be represented. So far we already have Falcon Knight (Ingrid R), Wyvern Lord (Hilda SR), Mortal Savant (Felix N or HN), Dark Knight (Lorenz R), and now Holy Knight (Mercedes SR).

I'm thinking we might get Great Knight Ferdinand SR (as our 6th and final Brown SR this set), Bow Knight Ignatz R/HN/N, War Master Caspar HN/N, and Gremory Lysithea R.

I could think they will better put an other Golden Deer or Blue Lion SR. Even if we have Petra on the set, Black Eagles already have a dedicated set.

But why not Ferdinand after all? Having a Black Eagle could balance, or maybe that could also be a character from Ashen Wolves. One of the main characters for example? That would surprise me if they don't put any other SR of character from this DLC. 🙂

By the way, I really wish we have an other Ignatz, he is one of my fav bow character, he is so useful! 

If I'm not wrong, there's still missing actually 1 SR for Three Houses right? I just hope we don't have to wait until 20th of june for know who's this! 

While I don't think B21 will include Ferdinand, because it wasn't supposed to be focused on BE, my future Ferdinand deck would be thankful if he did get a new card. 😃

Yeah, I originally had ruled out Black Eagles for SRs this set, too. But there is a really weird discrepancy between the 3 houses right now. In B18, we got 2 Blue Lions SRs (Dimitri + Ingrid), 2 Golden Deer SRs (Claude + Lysithea), and yet only 1 Black Eagle (Edelgard). Then in B19, there were more non-house-specific Brown SRs than Black Eagle SRs. B19 only added a single new BE student SR, Hubert, which just put Black Eagles equal to the other houses. Now in B21, with Mercedes and Hilda as our 3rd new BL and GD student SRs, and with few SR slots left in B22, this feels like their last chance to even things out with a 3rd new BE student SR.

This could also lead to the cool scenario of all 3 houses + Ashen Wolves getting at least 1 rep in both SRs and Rs this set, with BL and GD still being the focus by having extras for each. We're on track so far, only missing the BE SR and an AW R (who would presumably be Hapi since we already know the rarities of the other members' promotions).

I personally would've preferred Dorothea over Ferdinand if she were still an option, but she already got 2 Rs and her canon class as Dancer so she's set. If we do in fact get a BE SR, it'll most likely be a 5(3) Master Class since both Mercedes SR and Hilda SR are, and he seemed like a logical choice with Great Knight. I would've also said Bow Knight Bernadetta if she didn't have 2 Rs already.

Edited by AllStarKnight

New R Florina sounds quite fun to play! I just can't wait Saturday too see every of the cards finnaly all revealed! 

I'm just wondering how will they split the remain amount of SRs. But they all sounds to be amazing. I think they will really do their best for the cards to be really wonderful for those last 2 sets. And also hope they will add what the fans are wishing for!

That's so sad I was abble to buy just one box actually, this set looks so great! I really hope Amiami will restock soon. 

Yes, the flier heal with Florina R is at a nice low cost and she even has a deploy skill! It might be fun to build a Brown-Purple deck featuring fliers that deploy with Seteth, Hilda, and this Florina, along with some c3 or lower fliers for Florina's deploy. Not sure who my MC would be but I like the idea so far 😄

Oh, maybe Lyn! With c1 Florina as +10 support, there might be an interesting card for Lyn this set. I'll be curious to see!

Edited by AllStarKnight
remembered c1 Florina as Lyn support

So happy to see who is the last brown SR! The Hapi looks so great! And her skills sounds really great both!

I was sure they would put a DLC character as the last brown SR, but I guess they would more put Balthus or Constance.

Huh okay, well good for Hapi! I think she makes a lot of sense for B21, even though this means B19 really did make some weird SR choices. I mean, Sothis, Seteth, and Flayn are surely important, but not so much as to all get SRs over a 3rd Black Eagles student to evenly match the 3rd BL/GD students. Especially since they treated Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude so evenly (each 1 SR of their first unique class with a signed SR+, 1 SR of their final unique class with an alt art SR+, and 1 R of an advanced class).

But oh well, I'm still just glad that they fit in at least one card of every playable character (assuming we do get a Gilbert this set)! Not to mention both pre-time-skip and post-skip versions. That's really a special thing, considering Brown only had a few sets left to work with!

Now we should get at least one purple SR reveal soon, not to mention the livestream this weekend! Very much looking forward to the many new cards, both in B21 and B22.

I've been really impressed with the reveals for the set so far. It feels bittersweet, knowing this will be the penultimate set and all, but the art keeps improving and improving. This was my first time seeing Hapi's time-skip design and I love her.

I'm really impressed with that Lilina SR! The art is so wonderful, and her skills really are great! I could definitely add her on a purple deck!

Can't wait to watch the livestream tomorrow, if the last cards they will reveal are great as the Lilina, B21 could be one of my favorite sets!

Edited by FireFenrir

Absolutely in agreement, this set has turned out to be fantastic. Back when preorders first opened up, I wasn't sure if I should wait until more cards were revealed in case this set turned out to have a lot of art I wasn't into, but I had nothing to worry about! In fact, I can't think of a set where I've wanted nearly every SR this much, so those pulls are going to be very exciting.

With so many fun skills and so much beautiful artwork, B21 has shaped up to be amazing, and I'm sure we're in for a real treat for B22 as well! I'll really miss this time of getting new reveals when Cipher ends, but at least these last ones are something special ❤️

And Lilina as another surprise SR! After she just got one in B16, I kinda figured she was set for an R this time, but I really love what they gave her instead. Such a cool card in terms of concept and gameplay. And she'll make good use of the new Hector R from this set!

The fun thing is that this confirms we're getting at least one Purple SR in B22 that won't be of a lord, which I didn't expect. We need two more SRs to complete the 8 Legends spread, and B21 only has room for one now. None of the Elibe lords can fit into the remaining two spots, so it'll be a non-lord Binding Blade SR in the final set.

That's really interesting, as it opens up the possibilities of other non-lord SRs for B22! Not sure who I'd want, but I look forward to seeing what they came up with.

I'm again impressed of the reveals of today, with all those 3H cards they have revealed! 

I'm just so sad I was abble to buy only one box for this set, I really hope Amiami will restock soon. 

As for the the B22 Lords cards, I found them so much amazing! That's so wonderful how they put sometimes two characters on the same art. Well, if they continue like this for all B22 set, that would be an amazing way to finnish this TCG.