B21 and B22 Discussion/Speculation Thread (B22 Release on 10/01/20!)

AllStarKnight

I was hoping to to see the reveal of last 2 SRs for 9-piece Elibean Divine Weapons when I turned on the stream last night. I see Rutger is wielding Durandal but we still do not know who will use Aureola, the Pinnacle of Light. Anyone wanna guess the character for the last piece?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Min-Yong77 said:

we still do not know who will use Aureola, the Pinnacle of Light. Anyone wanna guess the character for the last piece?

Personally, I'm really hoping for Ellen, but Saul seems more likely. Yodel would also be cool though. (That's all possibilities right? Or am I missing anyone?)

I am hoping it is either Saul or Yodel because we already have 2 girls for magic user so I am hoping there is a male one for Aureola too. Plus, they both are the member of the church worshiping the original wielder of the very magic SO YEAH 

I knew to expect great things from the B22 Lord Spread, but wow!! I was completely blown away. This is just such a perfect note to go out on, and in terms of art, everyone looks amazing. Easily some of my favorite art in all of Cipher. We really couldn't have asked for anything better.

So many thoughts on all these reveals! For B22, I love seeing new faces like Miranda and Kyza, the latter especially as one I thought Cipher might be avoiding but thankfully was included after all. I'm also relieved Robin (f) got to be included even after her card in B18. I did wish we'd get Chrom and Robin paired art, if only he could be the one she's looking at to her right, but they probably would've shown it if so. Speaking of paired art, the house leaders getting one was a high hope of mine, and it really happened! I'm glad it was of their post-time-skip selves, too, and such nice art. For B21, while Leonie and Lyn were Rs I anticipated (though not Leonie as Bow Knight), Shamir getting an R was a great surprise! Other highlights were Ignatz (cool detail with the portrait of Rhea in the background) and Dancer Annette.

I do think the way they've distributed Master Classes is interesting. We now have one of each class, and none have gone to Black Eagles so far. Rather than be disappointed, I actually feel hopeful that Black Eagles is going to get their turn in B22 instead, maybe as HNs. My ideal would be Mortal Savant Dorothea, since it wouldn't matter that Felix was Mortal Savant in the previous set. Not going to get my hopes up, but I'd really like that!

As for the final Aureola wielder in the Legendary spread, I'd actually like to offer a different prediction to speculate someone a bit odd: Guinivere. I know she's not usually playable like most in the spread, but neither is her brother Zephiel, who received the Legendary Weapons SR in our last all-stars set B17. That may be because he's the main antagonist, but given factors like their relation, Guinivere's own story importance, and her natural S rank in Light magic to wield Aureola, it seems fitting if she also received one in a similar set.

Then for the remaining B22 SRs (if they match the B17 format), I considered other non-lord/lead SRs, but ultimately I think they will still be lords. With Corrin (m) as Hoshido Noble, and not in his neutral Valla outfit, we will probably get Corrin (f) as Nohr Noble to go with him. And if we get both Corrins, it would make sense to get both Byleths, so Byleth (f) as the 16th SR. But who knows, they've certainly surprised me at times with B21, so I could be totally off. Either way will be fun to see!

2 hours ago, AllStarKnight said:

As for the final Aureola wielder in the Legendary spread, I'd actually like to offer a different prediction to speculate someone a bit odd: Guinivere. I know she's not usually playable like most in the spread, but neither is her brother Zephiel, who received the Legendary Weapons SR in our last all-stars set B17. That may be because he's the main antagonist, but given factors like their relation, Guinivere's own story importance, and her natural S rank in Light magic to wield Aureola, it seems fitting if she also received one in a similar set.

Zephiel got Eckesachs because he is the only character that gets to wield that weapon in the game. Where does Guinevere have S rank magic? Is that in the unused data? Or is that from a hack?

52 minutes ago, whase said:

Zephiel got Eckesachs because he is the only character that gets to wield that weapon in the game. Where does Guinevere have S rank magic? Is that in the unused data? Or is that from a hack?

Ah, well I knew he was the one to wield it originally, so there's no question why he got Eckesachs. Rather, I was trying to point out that because he's in, we already have one character in the SR spread who's non-playable, and so it wouldn't be unreasonable to get another, especially one related to him and still story important (even if less so than a main antagonist).

As for Guinivere having S rank magic, I'm basing that on the wiki here: https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Guinivere#Base_Stats

She is apparently playable in trial maps after beating the game 9 times with a hard mode clear, so I was under the impression these were legit stats and not unused data.

Still, despite giving possible reasons, I understand Guinivere isn't a clear choice and likely won't happen. I just thought it would be interesting and could potentially make sense as a parallel to Zephiel. Plus looking at their designs, she does bear a bit of a resemblance to St. Elimine herself, even if not by blood.

3 minutes ago, AllStarKnight said:

Ah, well I knew he was the one to wield it originally, so there's no question why he got Eckesachs. Rather, I was trying to point out that because he's in, we already have one character in the SR spread who's non-playable, and so it wouldn't be unreasonable to get another, especially one related to him and still story important (even if less so than a main antagonist).

As for Guinivere having S rank magic, I'm basing that on the wiki here: https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Guinivere#Base_Stats

She is apparently playable in trial maps after beating the game 9 times with a hard mode clear, so I was under the impression these were legit stats and not unused data.

Still, despite giving possible reasons, I understand Guinivere isn't a clear choice and likely won't happen. I just thought it would be interesting and could potentially make sense as a parallel to Zephiel. Plus looking at their designs, she does bear a bit of a resemblance to St. Elimine herself, even if not by blood.

Oh I did not know that, it's been a long time since I played a trial map in FE6. (And even then I hardly touched the trial units)

You got me on your side, now I too am hoping for Guinevere as Aureola wielder. =3

(And not just because I play a Zephiel theme deck that could use a better Guinevere)

On that note, Murdock just got a card revealed. A must have for my Zephiel theme deck, even though it looks like he's only worth it in a wyvern main deck.

7 minutes ago, whase said:

Oh I did not know that, it's been a long time since I played a trial map in FE6. (And even then I hardly touched the trial units)

You got me on your side, now I too am hoping for Guinevere as Aureola wielder. =3

(And not just because I play a Zephiel theme deck that could use a better Guinevere)

On that note, Murdock just got a card revealed. A must have for my Zephiel theme deck, even though it looks like he's only worth it in a wyvern main deck.

Nice, now we can hope for her together 😄

And oh you're right, time for another reveal already! Murdock looks really cool, and thankfully there are another wyvern cards with synergy to make an interesting deck with. I remember you wanting Murdock, so congrats on finally getting him!

Nice reveal we had today indeed 🙂 

I just recently read again the topic I made about which cards we wish to see before Cipher ends, and I see most of us have what we hope for. Shamir, Nemesis, post-skip characters, young Dimitri (I thought they could make him with young Edelgard but the promo young Dimititri is so cute!!) and more!

I can't wait for the set to be released, and can't wait to open my box!! Could we eventually put our future B21 pulls here? That could be a nice thing 😄

43 minutes ago, FireFenrir said:

I can't wait for the set to be released, and can't wait to open my box!! Could we eventually put our future B21 pulls here? That could be a nice thing 😄

I think this is a great idea, especially as a last hurrah for series 21 & 22! 

3 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

I  can't wait for the set to be released, and can't wait to open my box!! Could we eventually put our future B21 pulls here? That could be a nice thing 😄

Absolutely! Pulls are always exciting and it'll be fun to see what everyone gets 😄 

I’ve never wanted a SR+ card before, but I’m so hoping my boxes have a SR+ Dimitri. I’ll buy a copy if I need to, but with how popular he is I’m admittedly terrified of how expensive he might be. 

As you may have seen from the main site, all B21 cards have now been revealed! We got a beautiful Marianne HN, second cards for some characters, another new face with Zelot, and not to mention a major spoiler for Azure Moon's final boss. All in all, an extremely hype set that I can't wait to collect from. I had to switch to DHL shipping, but it seems like that's no trouble and my boxes will hopefully be getting to me soon! I'll be sure to share my pulls here as well when they do.

15 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

I’ve never wanted a SR+ card before, but I’m so hoping my boxes have a SR+ Dimitri. I’ll buy a copy if I need to, but with how popular he is I’m admittedly terrified of how expensive he might be. 

I really hope you pull him! Looking at early pricing, all of the alternate art (Dimitri, Claude, Lilina) is being priced extremely high. It's possible shops wanted to play it safe after how expensive Corrin's SR+ got to be in B20, because I know she didn't start out that high.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone to get what they're hoping for!!

There's actually quite some N and HN cards I'm really looking forward to, but with 2.5 boxes I'm pretty sure I can get full playsets of all. Now here's to hoping I get to pull a Fir R and a Hapi SR and I'll be happy (no pun intended).

I hope you all will have what you wish for!

I don't know when my box will be delievred but should be maybe in about one or two weeks (I ordered it with Air Small, usually take one week but actually I guess it will take longer), and I just hope to have Claude or Dimitri SR. And why not one of those two in their + version. They look to be extremly expensive, which is not really impressive for a 3H character SR+ card. but actually my only hope is that Amiami restock on boxes, or I'll had to found one on an other shop I'm not familiar with.

Edited by FireFenrir

18 hours ago, whase said:

There's actually quite some N and HN cards I'm really looking forward to, but with 2.5 boxes I'm pretty sure I can get full playsets of all. Now here's to hoping I get to pull a Fir R and a Hapi SR and I'll be happy (no pun intended).

I’m so impressed by the dedication those who play Cipher have. I have enough stress trying to hunt down just one copy from my boxes/other sellers, I can’t imagine trying to collect 4x each of the cards you need for decks to play. 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:33 AM, Liliesgrace said:

I’m so impressed by the dedication those who play Cipher have. I have enough stress trying to hunt down just one copy from my boxes/other sellers, I can’t imagine trying to collect 4x each of the cards you need for decks to play. 

Usually, from a box, you get each N-rarity card at least twice, and at least one from each HN-rarity card, meaning those are quite easy to max out. When it comes to R and SR, it's luck of the draw. For people who limit their budget, like me, a full playset of those is usually not what we go for for more expensive cards. My decks won't be winning any tournaments, but they're still fun to play with against others with similar budgets. =3

My boxes arrived! 

Box 1 Pulls!

SRs: Rutger, Hapi, Dimitri, and Raven

Rs: Triandra, Sharena, Shamir, Dedue, Ashe, Lorenz, Ingrid, Florina, Lyn, Hector, Fir. 

HRs: Anna

Still hoping for Mercedes, Claude, Lysithea, Yuri, Eliwood, Sue, Byleth, and Roy. And those spiffy SR+ of Dimitri and Claude.

Box 2 Pulls!
SRs: Hapi, Yuri, Peony, and Lilina
Rs: Hector, Florina, Ashe, Sharena, Lorenz, Ingrid, Edelgard, Leonie, Heath, Lysithea, Priscilla
HRs: Roy

Still looking for Eliwood, Sue, Claude, Mercedes, and Byleth.

Edited by Liliesgrace

55 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

My boxes arrived! 

Box 1 Pulls!

SRs: Rutger, Hapi, Dimitri, and Raven

Rs: Triandra, Sharena, Shamir, Dedue, Ashe, Lorenz, Ingrid, Florina, Lyn, Hector, Fir. 

HRs: Anna

Still hoping for Mercedes, Claude, Lysithea, Yuri, Eliwood, Sue, Byleth, and Roy. And those spiffy SR+ of Dimitri and Claude.

Box 2 Pulls!
SRs: Hapi, Yuri, Peony, and Lilina
Rs: Hector, Florina, Ashe, Sharena, Lorenz, Ingrid, Edelgard, Leonie, Heath, Lysithea, Priscilla

Still looking for Eliwood, Sue, Claude, Mercedes, and Byleth.

Great to see you don't have more than 1 dupple for SRs! Seems to be nice also to pull 2 HRs, even if Claude/Dimitri SR+ are wonderful cards. 

Box 3 Pulls!
SRs: Eliwood, Yuri, Rutger, and Lilina
Rs: Hector, Sharena, Lorenz, Ingrid, Edelgard, Leonie, Heath, Lysithea, Priscilla, Fir, & Triandra

Box 4 Pulls!
SRs: Hilda, Mercedes, Sue, and Peony
Rs: Edelgard, Leonie, Heath, Lysithea, Priscilla, Fir, Triandra, Florina, Lyn, Dedue, Shamir
HRs: Byleth

Box 5 Pulls!
SRs: Eliwood, Claude, Hilda, Sue
Rs: Edelgard, Leonie, Heath, Lysithea, Priscilla, Fir, Triandra, Lorenz, Lyn, Dedue, Shamir
HRs: Byleth

Though no spiffy SR+ cards, I did manage to get every SR card I wanted. Just have to hunt down a Claude SR+ card and my B21 dreamies will be accounted for. 

Congrats on getting all 12 SRs, @Liliesgrace! That's always a happy thing to get, especially since you never know how many duplicates you'll get. Overall some great pulls! Best of luck in hopefully trading for that Claude SR+!

-

My boxes also came in today! It was every bit as wonderful and exciting as I'd hoped. I decided to take group photos of them, under the cut:

Spoiler

b21box1.jpg.d721ee4793127458f6f4c111bf43a55b.jpg

b21box2.jpg.68eaf07ff5054e6c0ab5f99c94e3e4ac.jpg

b21box3.jpg.0cda8cd15d463f7ef25359d43525b7bd.jpg

Extremely happy with these pulls!! I got so many that I wanted. I knew I'd be missing some of my hopes (Claude/Yuri SRs and Byleth/Roy HRs especially), but I can't complain when I've got a Eliwood SR+ and Hapi SR+ to trade!

One of my favorite parts of pulling is seeing all the foil/SR texture effects. Even for cards I'm planning to trade/sell like Peonie, I can really appreciate all the cute butterflies in the texture (which was already a favorite SR effect of mine from B17 Deirdre).

Also, I'm 7 HNs away from having a full playset of every N/HN + an extra copy for my binder, which is going to make deckbuilding super fun. The hardest part will be deciding what to do with the Rs. I got at least one of each for my binder thankfully, so it's just a matter of deciding which ones of the remaining I want to go for playsets of, and which I'd rather trade/sell. I only have a handful of R playsets from past sets due to not getting many boxes, so it's fun that so many are on the table this time!

Edited by AllStarKnight
Replaced old photos with smaller size due to upload limit

Wow great pulls @AllStarKnight! Amazing SR+ Eliwood you had!

Finnaly my only box camed out today! Pictures are not clear, so I'm gonna say from left to right which cards are those:

Promo: Celica/ Marth

R: Florina/ Dedue / Hector/ Shamir / Triandra / Ashe / Leonie / Lyn / Priscilla / Lorenz ❤️ /Ingrid

SR: Rutger/ Lilina / Claude / Dimitri

I'm quite happy with those pulls because of Dimitri and Claude who are great looking SRs, but on the other hand, know that I have to put a lot of money on a SR Peony or Yuri is kind a bad thing x)

Pull R.png

_20200707_143405.JPG

Edited by FireFenrir