B21 and B22 Discussion/Speculation Thread (B22 Release on 10/01/20!)

AllStarKnight

Thanks to theprinceofiris on twitter, we now know the four sleeve designs for B22, including one of a second Azura card that was previously unrevealed:

Spoiler

Ed5q3iVWoAEH_qd?format=png&name=small

Very beautiful! Azura sure does luck out in pretty cards.

The other three sleeve designs (which you'll also find in the link) are of the revealed Caeda, Robin (f), and Byleth (m) cards for the set.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today kicks off the daily card reveals! Bittersweet that it'll be the final time with Cipher about to end, but I'm very excited to see what else they have in store for us and enjoy these while they last 😄

No new card art today, but the reveals still confirmed the previously revealed Marth to indeed be the art for his cost 1, as well as the effects of his cost 5. His instant +10 to the whole field as mc is very appreciated, and I like how his untap effect appears balanced enough yet strong and seemingly really satisfying to pull off. Definitely more interested in playing it on Lackey compared to his previous promotions, and it'll be fun finding the right helpers for this kind of playstyle!

Yes the Marth SR+ is great and I like how they got the artist of the Shadow Dragon manga back. Especially since we got the Leo manga artist and actual Hasha no Tsurugi characters being repped. It really feels like theyr'e going all out to celebrate all aspects of Fire Emblem media.

I'm curious to see what other + cards are in store!

For today's reveal, we get my favorite, Lucina!! I already loved her masked version with the Chrom portrait in the background, but this new one and the whole butterfly theme is really cool too.

Her getting her own R pretty much confirms that Chrom is the one to get the title of the SR, which makes sense. And this turned out better for me as someone who plays IRL, because a Lucina R playset should be easier and cheaper to come by if I don't pull enough in my boxes. I'm excited to have a new way to play Lucina, especially since the deploy + free enemy reposition effects of this new R should make for a better MC than the B12 one I currently play. Being 5(4) also means the old one isn't obsolete, because I can run her 4(3) as an alternate promotion.

And already, we're done with our first week of daily reveals, with the super exciting summer livestream happening tomorrow! Crazy to think it'll be the last big Cipher livestream, since the only other one should be the pre-release, where most cards are usually revealed by then.

Based on the last seasonal livestream, we'll likely find out most of the B22 promos, including the box bonuses. I didn't originally have any in mind, but since promo reprints are common, I think a cool choice would be to have reprints of the Mayo Marth & Lucinas with the cast of their games (P01-012PR + P16-010PR). It might be a long shot, but out of all the promos to reprint (or make marker cards for), that choice would not only be hype but would also feel appropriate considering Red and Blue were the colors that started off Cipher in B01.

My main hope though is that we'll get Corrin (f) and Byleth (f) SR reveals. Today's Corrin (m) showed that his art is self-contained as I'd hoped, so that strengthens my theory that we'll get a Corrin (f) (and Byleth (f) by extension) with the same background who can be swapped in for the spread. And since Corrin (m) has Hoshido Noble with a cape covering the Nohrian castle, it'd be natural for Corrin (f) to have Nohr Noble with a cape covering the Hoshidan castle. If I'm right, then this would definitely be a big reveal they'd want for a livestream rather than a surprise daily reveal, with how many fans of the female Avatar there are. We also might get the final Legendary Heroes SR (fingers crossed for Guinivere).

Beyond that, I have nothing to speculate, so I'm just so excited to see what amazing surprises they have in store for tomorrow!

I'm very excited too to see what we gonna have tommorow! They really give all they have for this set, cards looks all amazing!!

For tommorow wishes, I really hope for major villains, like Rudolf, I would be suprised if he doesn't have any cards, at all, Validar have one so I'm still hopping.

Really all of the cards they have reveal this week are really beautiful!! (And great thing that Dimitri, Claude and Edelgard are Rs, they will be easy to pull!!) I just can't wait for the other reveals! 

Wow, just wow, what a livestream! 33 new B22 cards, as well as a new Ike SR+ art and what appears to be a preview of a Byleth (m) SR+ for the final livestream's preview.

I don't even know where to start, haha. I guess the biggest shock for me (though others come close) is the reveal of another SR for Robin! When her c2 art was revealed, I thought I was lucky to get that much, so of course I never expected an SR when she already has two from past sets. But I will gladly take it! This one is by far my favorite for her, she looks so powerful and having the Grima head/Robin fighting on what appears to be Grima's back makes me so nostalgic for Awakening in the best way.

Other big shock was the addition of RedBlue/BlueRed as a new card combo color! It's not completely random given how the two are tied, but I definitely didn't expect it. While I may not care much for Tokyo Mirage Sessions, this new Itsuki card sure makes me want to. I'm interested to see his and Tiki's translations and how I might build a budget deck with this new theme.

I'm amazed that we not only are getting shared art of the Three Houses Lords at their Gronder Field battle post-time-skip, but also pre-time-skip! It's a brilliant use of their cost 1 art, and now that they've revealed it, I really can't imagine it being done any other way. It's just so fitting. Also, with Bernadetta, we now have our first Black Eagles Master Class card, with hopefully more to come!

Love that we get Lehran at long last, given his inclusion in a skill effect all the way back in B12 with Zelgius. I hoped that wouldn't be forgotten, but I knew there was a lot of competition with this being the final set. We also get a new introduction to Cipher with Perne, which is wonderful that they're making an effort to add this many new Thracia characters, given how it's one of the most underrepresented cast so far.

I could probably go on forever, but yeah, this was an awesome livestream with some really standout cards. They continue to go all out this set and I couldn't be happier!

23 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

For tommorow wishes, I really hope for major villains, like Rudolf, I would be suprised if he doesn't have any cards, at all, Validar have one so I'm still hopping.

While he wasn't one of the reveals, I'd like to think Rudolf will get one. With so many villains already this set, including fairly minor ones like Kronya, hopefully he'll get his chance too!

So much positive things on this livestream! Like introducing Perne, which mean we could have more newly introduced characters for the future!!

I'm most collecting, but I must say Blue/Red seems to be great to play! Interesting that they decided to do that for those two colours, and unexpected too! Hope we'll have more of these!

Now I can't wait for the daily reveals and the future livestream in a month.

2 hours ago, AllStarKnight said:

I'm interested to see his and Tiki's translations and how I might build a budget deck with this new theme.

I'm not speaking japanese, but few monthes ago I tried to traduced Cipher cards basing on what is seen the most on a card (deducing then that "unit" is "ユニット" for example and other things) and there's just a part that I can't understand with the Tiki, but at least I can say that her first skill begans by "Choose another ally, until the end of the turn, this ally gains +10."Then there's something with Mirage character, a part I can't understand, and again "this ally gain +10 attack" so she looks to have very interesting skills!!

6 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

I'm not speaking japanese, but few monthes ago I tried to traduced Cipher cards basing on what is seen the most on a card (deducing then that "unit" is "ユニット" for example and other things) and there's just a part that I can't understand with the Tiki, but at least I can say that her first skill begans by "Choose another ally, until the end of the turn, this ally gains +10."Then there's something with Mirage character, a part I can't understand, and again "this ally gain +10 attack" so she looks to have very interesting skills!!

Oh good eye, I hadn't noticed the Mirage symbol on her effect! Thanks so much for letting me know.

With there being an even split of Red and Blue Mirage cards in Cipher, and with both these RedBlue reveals having Mirage-related effects, I'm guessing that any remaining Redblue might follow that theme. I've never tried building a Mirage deck before due being more interested in other kinds of decks, but these Redblue cards will be a good incentive for me to try. Should be fun!

EDIT: small update but apparently Robin will also be receiving an alternate art SR+! I continue to be amazed on how well she's being treated this set.

Edited by AllStarKnight
cipher twitter updated with Robin SR+

Wow great SR+ they made for Robin!! Also I'm wondering (and quite excited if that would be the case) if we will have all the Lords cards in SR+. 

It seems to be the case, and I hope so, we already have Marth SR+. Can't wait to see what they will reveal next days!!

On 8/23/2020 at 3:27 AM, FireFenrir said:

Also I'm wondering (and quite excited if that would be the case) if we will have all the Lords cards in SR+.

I was curious too and decided to look into it, it appears from the official B22 page that we'll be getting the same card count and SR+ count as B17. Both have the line "カード種 全115種(+加工違い8種)", which for B17 meant 115 unique cards and 8 SR+.

We actually know 4 of the 8 SR+ so far, the Marth and Robin mentioned plus Ike and also this Byleth (m) based on his Enlightened One outfit and place next to Marth's SR+ in the banner.

That leaves us with half to go, and I'm guessing the remaining will be Lords. With a Red, Blue, Green, and Brown SR+ down, I'd bet we're getting one of the Yellow Lords, one of the Purple Lords, and then one of the Corrins for WhiteBlack.

If we did get those, I'd imagine the 8th remaining SR+ would probably be Alfonse for a Colorless SR+. But I'll admit to having a super unlikely wish of getting a Chrom SR+ that pairs with Robin's, since Chrom has paired with so many people but never his "other half."

7 minutes ago, AllStarKnight said:

I was curious too and decided to look into it, it appears from the official B22 page that we'll be getting the same card count and SR+ count as B17. Both have the line "カード種 全115種(+加工違い8種)", which for B17 meant 115 unique cards and 8 SR+.

We actually know 4 of the 8 SR+ so far, the Marth and Robin mentioned plus Ike and also this Byleth (m) based on his Enlightened One outfit and place next to Marth's SR+ in the banner.

That leaves us with half to go, and I'm guessing the remaining will be Lords. With a Red, Blue, Green, and Brown SR+ down, I'd bet we're getting one of the Yellow Lords, one of the Purple Lords, and then one of the Corrins for WhiteBlack.

Thanks for let me know that! At all, I think if we have only Lords SR+ that would better fit than have other characters SR+. 

Then, today's reveal were great! One more R revealed with Soren, beautiful R by the way!! And that PR Claude is awesome! Both his art and skills are pretty good!

Oh also, we have Tiki's skills revealed here, and all of the revealed cards from the Livestream. I wasn't too wrong with understand her skill for once xD

1 hour ago, FireFenrir said:

Thanks for let me know that! At all, I think if we have only Lords SR+ that would better fit than have other characters SR+. 

Then, today's reveal were great! One more R revealed with Soren, beautiful R by the way!! And that PR Claude is awesome! Both his art and skills are pretty good!

Oh also, we have Tiki's skills revealed here, and all of the revealed cards from the Livestream. I wasn't too wrong with understand her skill for once xD

You're welcome! And yeah, prior to Robin's SR+, I definitely thought we were getting lords-only. Part of what made it such a big surprise!

I was really happy to see Soren's cards this morning too, beautiful indeed. And I love the Claude PR, if only he was easier to come by, his deploy would be perfect in this one deck of mine. But magazine PRs like him are often too costly for that. Ah well, there's always Lackey.

Yeah, you did a great job with figuring out what her skill was about! It's been so fun to comb through all these card effects. Like how Lehran actually works as support for Medallion from B20, very cool since I just started acquiring cards for that deck. And of course the teamwork of the Chrom + Lucina + Robin effect combo is really impressive as a concept, much more so than the effects of Blue SRs in the past imo.

Yeah thanks for once I'm making good work on traducing skills xD

Then today's reveal is the last Elibean matching piece! And as you expected it is Guinevere, good job!

So if set B22 has same SR amount of cards, we would actually have 16 SRs for this set. So that mean we would have only one more SR revealed? 

Also, I really wish the Azura could be a R, the art is amazing! One of my best Azura art actually with B20 HR. I wonder who will be the remain Rs for this set, can't wait to discover this!! 

Yay, awesome that it turned out to be Guinivere after all! She received beautiful art, and of course seeing all 9 pieces put together looks beyond amazing. And oh yeah, definitely a good effect too, rare to get that much value out of two bond flips and no other cost.

I'd say we can for sure count on at least 1 more SR based on B17. But since they only confirmed total amount of cards, not the ratio of SR/R/HN/N, it's possible the 115 will have more foils and less commons this time. It mainly feels possible because they've revealed so many foils already with a month of reveals still left to go. Either way I'll be satisfied, but I do think it would be nice to get both Byleth (f) SR and Corrin (f) SR rather than just one or the other (or neither, but I'm not sure who else an SR slot would go to at this point).

I just received the August Issue of the Nintendo Dengeki magazine and they had a couple pages about FE Cipher. I don't know if all of them have been revealed yet, but here are a bunch of pictures about cards/lords coming in for B22.

It seems the lords are:

Spoiler

Marth
Alm / Celica
Sigurd
Leif
Roy
Eliwood
Eirika / Ephraim
Ike
Micaiah
Chrom / Lucina
Corring (M)
Alfonse
Byleth (M)

** PICTURE REMOVED - STORAGE NEEDED ** 

While other cards include:

Spoiler

Caeda
Silque
Soren
Devdan
Al

Fomortiis (Thanks @Troykv
Miranda
Edelgard
Mamori
Rowan

** PICTURE REMOVED - STORAGE NEEDED ** 

Edited by jiayejoe
Added Fomortiis name

On 8/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, whase said:

Last Legendary Item Skill was indeed Guinevere, very happy with it and she has a very good effect.

Placed my pre-order last night, can hardly wait for them. =3

Better late than never, finally the Legendary Collection is completed and not ruined by financial problems.

1 hour ago, jiayejoe said:

I just received the August Issue of the Nintendo Dengeki magazine and they had a couple pages about FE Cipher. I don't know if all of them have been revealed yet, but here are a bunch of pictures about cards/lords coming in for B22.

It seems the lords are:

Reveal hidden contents

Marth
Alm / Celica
Sigurd
Leif
Roy
Eliwood
Eirika / Ephraim
Ike
Micaiah
Chrom / Lucina
Corring (M)
Alfonse
Byleth (M)

IMG_20200826_195026.thumb.jpg.554280e8966e3dc6a9afc0264dd9cc65.jpgIMG_20200826_195049.thumb.jpg.44e49dc9861e6032682d8c40fa53a8f3.jpg

While other cards include:

Reveal hidden contents

Caeda
Silque
Soren
Devdan
Al

???
Linda
Edelgard
Mamori
RowanIMG_20200826_194956.thumb.jpg.abc4b8c2f5371ec936b2edd739674d31.jpg

About the ???

Spoiler

The ??? is Fomortiis, the true form of the Demon King.

49 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Better late than never, finally the Legendary Collection is completed and not ruined by financial problems.

About the ???

Hide contents

The ??? is Fomortiis, the true form of the Demon King.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll update my post! 

4 hours ago, jiayejoe said:

Thank you so much for this! While these have all been revealed at least in art, the katakana underneath Alm and Sigurd's SRs is the first official confirmation that those cards belong to those characters. I figured it would be those two over Celica and Seliph (especially given the latter's promotions in the recent livestream), but I always appreciate confirmation. Plus this is the first time we've seen the full art of Soren's c1 and the finished art for Danved!

One other interesting thing to note is that Caeda and Mamori have their names in red boxes, which might mean they're both going to be Red cards in B22. That obviously would make sense for Caeda (even though with all those other fliers, I figured there's a chance she could be Colorless like Cain/Abel), but I previously thought Mamori would be RedBlue like Itsuki. The magazine may have just picked red for convenience over making a box with both colors, but if Mamori isn't RedBlue, we might be looking at either more Mirage characters than I thought or very few RedBlue overall.

So then today's reveal SR+ is wonderful! I guess this card will be one of my pull wishes, even if I'm not a huge fan of Sigurd x)

Also, actually my hopes are still Rudolf, (why not R Rudolf), Alm SR+ eventually, he would be a great SR+ with Celica. Female Byleth and F Corrin SR+ alts of the actual SR Corrin and Byleth. Hope they will made at least one of those wishes. 

I think we could also have Medeus card. I can't for some very new reveals!!

Yeah, Rika Suzuki does some stunning work. I love the glow effect behind Sigurd, reminds me of the glow behind the Leif B15 SR+ with Ethlyn and Quan. It's also neat how just like in the Seliph/Julia B19 SR+, characters outside of the main family get to be included, this time with Alec, Noish, Arden, and Oifey. The artist's love for Jugdral really shines through.

I'm definitely anticipating some more new faces to Cipher. We already have new additions from Marth remake, Thracia, Sacred Stones, Tellius, Fodlan, and Heroes. I think we'll at least see one or two from Elibe. Maybe Mark for FE7 to go with B22's avatar theme, and Zeiss for FE6 could make another theme with Guinivere and Narcian, not to mention his sister's in the legendary spread. Then probably one from the original Marth games (Medeus does seem overdue) and perhaps one of the few remaining Genealogy (Hawk to go with Femina from B12?). Fodlan is only missing Gilbert in terms of playable characters, so I could see him getting in with Kronya. And finally, though their playable cast is already fully represented, I could also see us getting npcs/villains from Echoes, Awakening, and Fates (if so, fingers crossed for Mustafa personally, and I'd be down for Rudolf too).

Oh and while Sacred Stones may already have Fomortiis, he's the only one confirmed besides the lords, so I'd like if we could also get Knoll and maybe a new Lyon to wrap up with a theme with those three.

However it turns out though, very excited for some new reveals as well!

On 8/27/2020 at 12:40 AM, AllStarKnight said:

Thank you so much for this! While these have all been revealed at least in art, the katakana underneath Alm and Sigurd's SRs is the first official confirmation that those cards belong to those characters. I figured it would be those two over Celica and Seliph (especially given the latter's promotions in the recent livestream), but I always appreciate confirmation. Plus this is the first time we've seen the full art of Soren's c1 and the finished art for Danved!

One other interesting thing to note is that Caeda and Mamori have their names in red boxes, which might mean they're both going to be Red cards in B22. That obviously would make sense for Caeda (even though with all those other fliers, I figured there's a chance she could be Colorless like Cain/Abel), but I previously thought Mamori would be RedBlue like Itsuki. The magazine may have just picked red for convenience over making a box with both colors, but if Mamori isn't RedBlue, we might be looking at either more Mirage characters than I thought or very few RedBlue overall.

You're welcome!

And yeah, Mamori's previous cards in B04 were all Red, so I guess it makes sense that she's still Red in B22 🙂 

I dunno if this info is somewhere else and I just missed it, but do we have any idea of what the spread is gonna be vis-a-vis rarity? I know the only comparable booster set is B17, and that set had 16 SRs. I see that as of today, we've seen 15 SRs. I'm sort of hoping they chuck convention out the window, with this being the last set lol.