I need help with Battle before Dawn (5 units)

OdysseyNeptune

So I had started a "Solo Marcus" run of FE7 in Eliwood Normal Mode. However, seeing Marcus being felled a few times, I decided to start using the Lords as well, and the newly recruited Harken.
These are my only units. I have no more units, not even in the bench. The stats and weapons for each units are here: https://pastebin.com/Fbi2XqeP
Any good strategies? I manage to recruit Nino, rescue Jaffar and talk to him with Nino, but Zephiel dies.

You don't carry a lot of weapons.  That's going to be an issue, since you're not going to be able to resupply for a while.

If you want to stop the reinforcements, kill Ursula.  Once you recruit Nino, send one of Marcus/Harken down there to take care of her while Nino talks Jaffar into not dying.

Jaffar is virtually invincible in Eliwood Normal; he either dodges or takes 2 damage, so that's not the difficult part. I can keep Jaffar alive but I can't keep Zephiel alive. Even if I do manage to guard him successfully for a few turns, Harken eventually dies (even if he uses Nino's Elixir once)

Did you kill Ursula?  Because that's really important.

The other thing you can attempt is to have Marcus cart Jaffar over to the throne room, and he'll play bodyguard.

I couldn't kill Ursula. Does that end the chapter immediately?
Also, the Jaffar idea is an excellent one. He would also clear every enemy so Nino could talk to him.

20 minutes ago, OdysseyNeptune said:

I couldn't kill Ursula. Does that end the chapter immediately?
Also, the Jaffar idea is an excellent one. He would also clear every enemy so Nino could talk to him.

No, but it will stop the reinforcements from spawning.  Then it would be a matter of cleaning up everyone who remains.

Oh, there's reinforcements... No wonder they didn't stop coming. I didn't notice because Fog of War.

The big problem is, surprisingly, Maxime. While he might seem like a generic boss, he is fairly powerful. While he's normally not even close to being a match to Marcus, if Marcus is carrying Jaffar, Maxime doubles him with the Silver Lance, which can kill Marcus.

I think Maxime stays put as long as no one wanders into his range.  You may have to do some RNG manipulation to get Jaffar to move south instead of north initially.

EDIT: Dammit that's Hector mode.  It might be a bit harder to rig on Eliwood mode, as Maxime is next to Ursula.  This map should help.

Edited by eclipse

Ah, FE WOD! I know that site.
I'll try to follow the strategy but... In my recent attempts, Harken is dying often, and Marcus sometimes dies as well.
EDIT: Something is definitely wrong. I see the Druid (?) who is exclusive to Hard Mode, but Harken seems to have his Normal Mode stats...
EDIT 2: I FINALLY WON! I had to RNG abuse a bit, but I won having talked to Jaffar and recruiting Nino!!!

Edited by OdysseyNeptune