New event calendar (June-July 2020)

DarkAlf

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the English crew is back! I was afraid they were gone for good after being silent for over a week.

The summer banners are back to back though, was this always the case with them? I hoped for one new heroes banner in between them...

You sure you're not just looking at a revival?

I see a New Heroes banner on 7/10.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you're looking at. Quite odd indeed.

Edited by Sunwoo

Ah, summer heroes again already. Goodness, how time flies. I wonder who we'll get this time, and if it'll be themed on yukata or swimsuits again. Maybe something entirely new? I know we just got some Awakening units, but Summer Miriel/Laurent would be good. They could set off fireworks!

Edit: Oh shoot; a double special banner?! Um, but I'm trying to get Charlotte... Also, 2 new special heroes banners? Wow! I'm curious about that. My poor orbs... I for sure don't have enough for all this.

Edit again: It's more yukata/matsuri-themed than dance-themed, so I adjusted the wording. I really do hope we get more yukata heroes! Yukata are so pretty! Maybe a fireworks-viewing theme! X3 And a bunch of mages are the pyrotechnicians!

Edited by Mercakete

Happy to see the FEH twitter account back up and running!

As for the calendar...

none of the new Skill banners are tempting me, good. I plan on shooting for Summer Tana to complete my SS catalog, as well as whoever else is shiny and new. Also, the TT banner starts on Tuesday, so we SHOULD know who the new Summer units are by Monday.

Double seasonal banner tonight, though, yikes. I'm glad I am not wanting anyone in particular in that department, or else I'd be screwed.

Two summer banners, as expected. No news yet on when the second set of summer reruns will be, though.

Double Special Heroes starts tomorrow, later skill banners are Vengeful Fighter, Form, and Draconic Aura. Vengeful Fighter has to be Grima/Idunn/Caineghis. Form could be Petra/Eyvel/Phina, possibly Rath in place of one of them. I'd like any of the non-Rath ones, so that could be very interesting. Draconic Aura... who knows. Tibarn, Keaton, Kjelle, Brave Alm, and Duo Ephraim are all 2019 candidates, plus the Byleths if they count.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, the English crew is back! I was afraid they were gone for good after being silent for over a week.

The summer banners are back to back though, was this always the case with them? I hoped for one new heroes banner in between them...

2018 and 2019 had them back to back, 2017 had a New Heroes between them with the second one being a bit later as a result.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You sure you're not just looking at a revival?

I see a New Heroes banner on 7/10.

No, that's New Power.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's no Forging Bonds planned aside of the rerun, so that's not happening.

Just now, Othin said:

No, that's New Power.

Oh, lol, you're right XD

I hope this doesn't mean they're going to do THREE summer banners this year. Or maybe they're moving the annual dancer banner to sometime in July this year? Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

2018 and 2019 had them back to back, 2017 had a New Heroes between them with the second one being a bit later as a result.

Oh, huh. I somehow forgot then.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

There's no Forging Bonds planned aside of the rerun, so that's not happening.

Well yeah, I did notice that on the calendar.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Oh, lol, you're right XD

I hope this doesn't mean they're going to do THREE summer banners this year. Or maybe they're moving the annual dancer banner to sometime in July this year? Who knows.

2019 had two back-to-back summer banners in these slots and then nothing until the dancer banner in September, 2018 was similar except it had the dancer banner moved up to August. Either way, I'm not too worried, personally.

Honestly, there's not much on this calendar I'll be looking forward to other than the Legendary Hero banner.

I already have all the units I care about on most of these banners, and I have no interest in swimsuits.

Gotta wait even longer for that next story chapter. Guess I'll have saved a lot of orbs by then at least.

Just now, Othin said:

2019 had two back-to-back summer banners in these slots and then nothing until the dancer banner in September, 2018 was similar except it had the dancer banner moved up to August. Either way, I'm not too worried, personally.

I'll take your word for it. Although it's so very nice of them to suddenly stop giving us story right when it started getting somewhere.

The Hoshidan Dance was reran in August last year because they classified it as summer-themed, though the original Performing Arts one and the Splendid Soiree were/are both in September.

Reminder: this July marks one year of Three Houses! If anyone needs a reminder of how last July's lineup looked, we got the Summer Refreshes banner indeed in the beginning of July, so that the Lords of 3H banner was released around the game's release date 🙂 

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I'll take your word for it. Although it's so very nice of them to suddenly stop giving us story right when it started getting somewhere.

For real.

"Hey guys, we're starting the 2nd half of Book 4! Yay! Now wait almost two months for the next one!"

Seriously IS, your pacing sucks.

Bad timing to make a huge deal about the midway point of Book 4 and then...not have a New Heroes banner. Very bad timing.

Back-to-back new summer Special Heroes banners isn't ideal, in my opinion. To be honest, I feel like they can just do away with one of those from here on out, we really don't need two summer swimsuit banners. Replace the second one with something different, or just make it a New Heroes banner.

In general it seems like June will be a good month to save orbs, as long as the summer banners don't include [redacted] and/or [redacted] it'll be fine. I won't say names because every time I say it they end up on the banner and I end up with a -Atk copy after tons of pain

The most enticing thing would be the Vengeful Fighter banner because there's good chances Idunn will be there, but I already decided on H!Myrrh so yeah. 

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

In general it seems like June will be a good month to save orbs, as long as the summer banners don't include [redacted] and/or [redacted] it'll be fine. I won't say names because every time I say it they end up on the banner and I end up with a -Atk copy after tons of pain

The most enticing thing would be the Vengeful Fighter banner because there's good chances Idunn will be there, but I already decided on H!Myrrh so yeah. 

Dolph and Macellan!  If your favorites are unpopular enough, you can say them~! 😛

This looks like a good month to rebuild my orbs.  Hopefully the legendary banner doesn't have a unit I want. . .oh who am I kidding, I want them all!

I don't understand why they always never add new heroes in July. All the other months have a New Heroes banner and a Special Heroes banner and a Legendary/Mythic hero at the end of the month.

It's not like the second wave of summer unit couldn't be the seasonals for July and July getting a New Heroes banner early in the month.

Edited by Nym

Kind of figured there wouldn't be anything interesting going on. While that Form Skills banner might have Phina on it Eyvel is likely to join her on the banner so it is not really worth spending orbs trying to get merges. I'm actually more interested in spending what orbs I have on trying to get FH!Mareeta's Flashing Blade 4 on the 14th. Looking ahead but after that it looks like it is going to be pretty easy for me to start accumulating orbs again. Summer seasonals never interested me, the next New Heroes banner in late July is likely to be Tellius or Three Houses, Brave Heroes usually ends up being a rather dull event for me and depending on if the dancer banner is also coming in August that will be easy to ignore as well.

Other than that looks like we are getting banner trailers on June 15th and July 5th for those who care.

36 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Reminder: this July marks one year of Three Houses! If anyone needs a reminder of how last July's lineup looked, we got the Summer Refreshes banner indeed in the beginning of July, so that the Lords of 3H banner was released around the game's release date 🙂 

Three Houses had only that ultra-tame sauna garb for "clothing for steam or water-based relaxation", right? And you know what ends by the start of summer and what begins thereafter- school and summer vacation! Finally! Skinny Sexy Students Hanneman! 

Dimitri can roast some fish by a bonfire (make sure he doesn't accidentally poke himself in the eye), the marshmallow he is could use some toasting too. Put a Claude on a surfboard and let him catch some major waves, and maybe a little air. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

If the legendary isn't Elincia, Claude, or Dimitri, I most likely won't care about that one. Summer units...well, there are some I would like but I haven't been super excited for a seasonal unit since GD Ike and basically that whole banner, honestly. So I'm not getting my hopes up too high for these and will probably just be saving orbs. Even though I do feel like I'm due for a seasonal unit to be super excited for. xP

But throw a Summer Sylvain or Summer Hrid or something like that at me and I'm gonna be like I MUST HAVE. lol I'd say Summer Ike too, but he literally just got an alt last month, so that's quite unlikely. And I'd prefer that wait until next year anyway so it doesn't feel like he's being spammed.

18 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Bad timing to make a huge deal about the midway point of Book 4 and then...not have a New Heroes banner. Very bad timing.

Back-to-back new summer Special Heroes banners isn't ideal, in my opinion. To be honest, I feel like they can just do away with one of those from here on out, we really don't need two summer swimsuit banners. Replace the second one with something different, or just make it a New Heroes banner.

I'm glad at least one other person here besides me thinks 2 Summer banners is too much.

There are so many other better things they can do with that slot.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

I don't understand why they always never add new heroes in July. All the other months have a New Heroes banner and a Special Heroes banner and a Legendary/Mythic hero at the end of the month.

It's not like the second wave of summer unit couldn't be the seasonals for July and July getting a New Heroes banner early in the month.

New Hero banner will likely be the Late July banner. 

2 hours ago, Nym said:

Except we have gotten New Heroes banners in July. Last July we got the House Lords plus Byleth and the year before that we got an Awakening banner with Sumia, Maribelle, Olivia and Libra in July. It's just that in July they switch it around and have the seasonal banner near the beginning of the month and the New Heroes banner comes in the latter half of the month.

Edited by NSSKG151