New event calendar (June-July 2020)

DarkAlf

We definitely don't need two summer banners a year, yeah, but apparently they bring in the big bucks ... or IS thinks they do.

I'm sincerely hoping for no one I care about on the summer banner.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time we had Heroes with Draconic Aura - it was
Karla, Ares and Kana

My guess here it's Gonna be
Tibarn/Keaton,  Kjelle,  Adrift Corrin. 
(wildcard here - the Byleths (more Female Byleth - could come in this category as she does have Draconic Aura on the way to Ruptured Sky)

Heroes with Form Skills
Eyvel, Phina, Petra and Rath are candidates
(rath could be it, but i think it would just be the 3 5* gals). 

Heroes with Vengeful Fighter
Mamorim Fallen Robin, Idunn, Caineghis 
honestly, just nix Fallen Robin, and that's your banner

again. - and we'll see in like 4ish hours - i don't see them combining winter and NY together (and having two duo units on the one banner at high rates)  if they do. cool. which means August is Valentines and Bunnies,

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

New Hero banner will likely be the Late July banner. 

9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Except we have gotten New Heroes banners in July. Last July we got the House Lords plus Byleth and the year before that we got an Awakening banner with Sumia, Maribelle, Olivia and Libra in July. It's just that in July they switch it around and have the seasonal banner near the beginning of the month and the New Heroes banner comes in the latter half of the month.

I somehow thought the Three Houses lord came at August, my bad!

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

We definitely don't need two summer banners a year, yeah, but apparently they bring in the big bucks ... or IS thinks they do.

I'm sincerely hoping for no one I care about on the summer banner.

Me too. I think I'll be safe so long as it's not Three Houses-themed.

And if it is, hopefully it's none of my favorites. I'm so dead if Bernadetta got a summer alt.

13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Heroes with Form Skills
Eyvel, Phina, Petra and Rath are candidates
(rath could be it, but i think it would just be the 3 5* gals). 

Nah, I could very easily see them shelving one of the reds (probably Eyvel due to being newer and generally more "meh" compared to Phina) for Rath.

Remember that Ignis banner that had both Leon and Thea (who shared blue with Brave Hector no less) but not male Grima? 

Edited by Tybrosion

You know what? If it's a TH Summer banner, gimme Sylvain, Dimitri, Ingrid, and Felix. The four childhood friend peeps on a summer break! Some other BL character can be the TT unit, probably Dedue. Sure, no one here except Dimitri is currently in the game in any form, but it wouldn't be the first time this has happened on a seasonal banner. *cough*Bride Sigrun, Tanith, and Louise and Groom Pent*cough*

Wouldn't this be the most fun TH idea since these guys' dynamic is great and summer would so be a fun theme for them? And I don't even like Felix.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I could very easily see them shelving one of the reds (probably Eyvel due to being newer and generally more "meh" compared to Phina) for Rath.

Remember that Ignis banner that had both Leon and Thea (who shared blue with Brave Hector no less) but not male Grima? 

oh right yeah. 
Okay def Rath - but i don't see them shelving Eyvel. She's "newer" by like what? one month?  (not like it matters because i mean well Fiora would love Guard sword - but i ain't pulling on the banner regardless). 

Just now, daisy jane said:

oh right yeah. 
Okay def Rath - but i don't see them shelving Eyvel. She's "newer" by like what? one month?  (not like it matters because i mean well Fiora would love Guard sword - but i ain't pulling on the banner regardless). 

Nah, Eyvel was about two and a half months after Phina (December 6th for the former, September 19th for the latter). 

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, Eyvel was about two and a half months after Phina (December 6th for the former, September 19th for the latter). 

hm. Phina's had a legendary debut. and she's a dancer. hmm. but this would also be Phina's only banner (they very rarely stick dancers on banners) hmm....this is gonna be tough. 

I expect to see Eyvel on the Form banner. She was skipped over for Larcei on the last legendary banner even though she's never had a skills banner appearance.

They can't avoid her forever.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I expect to see Eyvel on the Form banner. She was skipped over for Larcei on the last legendary banner even though she's never had a skills banner appearance.

They can't avoid her forever.

it took Maribelle a year to be on a banner, lol so....

Luke and Alm were back in year 1. Even Maribelle is from much less recent times. And lately they've been making more of an effort to put red or blue units on either the legendary or a skills banner. I don't see why Eyvel would suddenly be an exception.

Sure, they could skip her, but I don't see why they would. Especially when Rath is not only a 3-4 star, but was also on the glimmer banner not THAT long ago.

Edited by Sunwoo

Two back to back summer banners, wooo! They're usually the highlight of Heroes together with CYL and kimono/yukata banners. 

I expect Three Houses to get one and then a mixed banner that includes Thrasir and Lif. 

no new heroes banner?

well, looks like this month's gonna be incredibly boring for me

as for everything else, i don't really care, i basically play only to see and get new heroes now

Edited by Yexin

As far as beach banners go I think we'll likely see Petra since being a tropical princess is what she's all about. Going with the precedence of Beagle bias a second Beagle unit is likely. With Dorothea being the best choice for fanservice I think she has a decent chance. 

I expect Rath on the form skills banner mostly cuz they have been putting all the 4* units on some sort of banner as of late. We got Mercedes on the Wave banner, Tethys on the recent bond one.

Which means Tanya will be on the Pass skill banner! 😉 lol jk

Anyway, I’m surprised they skipped NY Anna for V Conrad, although he remains 4* rarity as well... I wasn’t expecting older units on this Duo banner, and I’m so happy that indeed there weren’t! We should be at a point now where every new duo banner will include only new seasonals... although we will probably end up getting an older one next time since we will be low on colorless I believe.

45 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Looking forward to the beautifull almost nonexistent male Artwork for Summer!

XD Oh man, I know what you mean!

Honestly, nothing in the calendar interests me, from side banners to seasonals. Only the Double special (Sothis) and Legendary (Red and Blue) intrigue me however I am already done with the double special (8 orbs got nothing), so I think I will challenge my luck with 8 or so orbs on the legendary banner and call it a day (Sothis, Chrom, Azura on the same banner is too much). The rest is a big pass. Ever since the Spark system got introduced I have not spent more than 10 orbs on a single seasonal, it simply is not worth it. New hero banners guarantee that with 135 orbs at minimum you will get any unit you want, while seasonals give you a chance to get a super broken unit that won't appear for 6 months or so and then after a year again. Also Cormag appears at the beginning of the July, does this mean that we will have two GHB Revivals or Revivals simply accompany seasonals?

Now a personal "rant".

Spoiler

With June being a skip, Brave Edelgard saving will be going smoothly as I don't think the new heroes banners in between the summer round 2 and CYL will be anything interesting (please no Jugdral for now). July is another big sleep only the green of the Mythic banner concerns me (Thrasir merge and I lack L.Edelgard but I am not too concerned about them). August is the biggest trouble as Iddun being on August most likely means that I won't be able to give her the second merge or change her nature to +Def or +Res which I am a bit sad about as she will next appear in March however I am willing to wait (same applies to Winter Sothis as well, difference is that Sothis is unmerged). I am only concerned about the colourless of August's legendary as I need to fix that +Hp - Atk on Bramimond and Mila (Bramimond is a priority) and pulling for them would hurt my budget for CYL, I intend to summon around the end of the banner to maximise the amount of orbs I have.

Ah, two Tempest Trials in under 30 days, the next Resplendant is 

Spoiler

Linde,

and I'm in the need of orbs, and feathers (for my arena team). I guess it's as good a time to buy the FEH Pass, as any.

I'm also lowkey hoping for SoV alts for this summer, even if the chances are really slim, as we had them in February for Valentines... TMS#FE on the other hand had some swimsuit outfits afaik, that would be a pleasent surprise, not gonna lie.

Not gonna lie, while I hear and understand criticism of two swimsuits banners in a row I must admit they are among the ones I look forward to the most. There's a reason why they are popular to the point of being sometimes the ONLY kind of fanservice DLC in games that don't have many "TYPES" of fanservice to offer.

It's because swimsuits have the uniqueness of being accepted IRL in social gatherings (mainly being on vacation on a tropical beach) while also being lewd and fetish-y in a way. The only type of fanservice outfit that's similarly accepted is the maid outfit and I'd argue that compared to a normal swimsuit it's considered more weird by people.

I won't cry if they stop doing double the summer characters but if there is a theme that makes sense to receive special treatment in a gacha game, it's swimsuits.

Anyway, my personal wants for Summer banners are: Tharja (it's been so long since the last alt and Cordelia already got her swimsuit), Chrom (same reasoning as Tharja but with Gaius), Lucina (no alt in forever), Male Robin (if Corrin and Tiki can have their two versions share a seasonal theme, why not Robin?), Beruka (still no alt, please I will accept any alt), Severa (same as Beruka), Lute (same as Beruka), Lachesis (I like her and we need a Jugdral seasonal), Eldigan/Finn (to pair with Lachesis), Nanna (to pair with Lachesis), Arvis (because memes) and the remaining Fates royals (Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura and Azura) should get one too to complete the set.

But summer banners also bring us one or two seasonal only units (like Wolt and Fiora last year). For who exactly to hope for I'm not sure. Maybe Miriel and Laurent, or Patty, or Farina, or Natasha.

Edited by GrandeRampel

41 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I'm also lowkey hoping for SoV alts for this summer, even if the chances are really slim, as we had them in February for Valentines... TMS#FE on the other hand had some swimsuit outfits afaik, that would be a pleasent surprise, not gonna lie.

I'm always reading for more SoV alts. Mae and Boey might have missed the valentine banner despite being the perfect couple, they might have missed the bridal banner despite being the perfect couple too, they might have missed the Halloween banner despite Boey being a scaredy cat.....but they got to get those alts and better artwork someday right?....right!? Beach outfits aren't as immediately fitting for em but I'd be down for it. 

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well a beach episode is the highest level a gacha game can aspire to.