What do you value and why do you value it?

What do you care about and why do you care about it?

I love rules.
Clearly defined absolute rules.

If they are unclear, no matter if you think you acted in accordance or not, you can be punished on a whim.
Especially with individuals, who act on a whim without following the rules they enforce.
Either keep one set of rules or don't and if we keep one, it should be the one, by which you're playing.
Tell me, what your rules are!
Clearly defined, they help you find your way around the world, for evil people like me, it's impossible to fail, as long as you are within bounds.
I have every complex under the sun, swear a lot, worry too much and care too little, engage too much in nihilistic hedonism, get arrogant the moment i feel smart, am probably extremely stupid, act emotionally, continuously doubt myself, am probably delusional and wish to die when being humiliated, instead of fixing the things, that are wrong with me, whenever i try, i fail.
As the most chaotic individual to exist, rules keep me from destroying others and myself.

What about you?

Hmm, interesting. I never really thought about why I value the things I value, no better time to start than the present, I guess.

What I value most is kindness. I feel that so many problems stem from people not being kind to others (or themselves). Maybe it's because my parents taught me to be kind? Maybe it's because people have been unkind to me and I don't ever want to make anyone feel what I've felt?

I'm not sure, maybe something will come to mind later.

8 hours ago, whase said:

What I value most is kindness. I feel that so many problems stem from people not being kind to others (or themselves). Maybe it's because my parents taught me to be kind? Maybe it's because people have been unkind to me and I don't ever want to make anyone feel what I've felt?

That is truly the most valuable asset a person can have. In a world filled with uncertainty and negative happenings, being kind to others is the freshest breath of air. Reciprocating and being reciprocal to kindness forms a win-win situation, and helps each party grow. I think that being kind to others even when you've been beaten down by negativity is hard to do, but rewarding in the long run. The saying "Treat others the way you want to be treated" always holds true. I absolutely second this.