Berserk Staff shenanigans

Hecatia

I used a Berserk staff on Reinhardt with a 20+ magic Sarah, but I never saw this happening before... Does the AI of the enemy changes to kill the berserk unit or hitting a berserk unit recovers them from the status? I never tested it with my units because I prioritized using Restore staves.

56 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

I used a Berserk staff on Reinhardt with a 20+ magic Sarah, but I never saw this happening before... Does the AI of the enemy changes to kill the berserk unit or hitting a berserk unit recovers them from the status? I never tested it with my units because I prioritized using Restore staves.

Enemies try to kill Berserked red units, and hitting usually doesn't make them recover unless it causes a different status condition to overwrite the berserk (like blizzard putting them to sleep like in the clip, or a poison weapon replacing it with poison). Also you can attack your berserk allies if you want, and I think allies block the path of berserk characters (although I might be misremembering that detail). Berserking Reinhardt is the funniest way of dealing with that encounter, and an extremely effective way of dealing with it.