File Size Upload Limit?

So while attempting to post a screenshot off my phone, which isn't a large file anyway mind you, I was told that the file was too big. I double checked this and it says the file upload limit is indeed 0.14mb, or 140 kb. This has never happened before and I'm curious if this is a new restricion, or a bug on my end.

Neither.

Your upload limit is tied to every single thing you've uploaded.  So if you have a bunch of pictures scattered around random posts, they'll eat into it.  You'll have to go to the individual posts and manually delete those uploads in order to increase your upload space.

In other words, you're better off using external hosting sites for images/other larger files.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Neither.

Your upload limit is tied to every single thing you've uploaded.  So if you have a bunch of pictures scattered around random posts, they'll eat into it.  You'll have to go to the individual posts and manually delete those uploads in order to increase your upload space.

In other words, you're better off using external hosting sites for images/other larger files.

I see. I figured as much but I dreaded that outcome. I'll figure something out from here-on. Thank you for the help Eclipse.

Discord is a great place to host your stuff. Images in particular. You can then copy the image links and paste them here, where they'll automatically be embedded.

The only real problem here is large images and videos, as Discord has an 8MB limit for individual files. However, you can virtually upload an unlimited amount of files. So you can probably get away with making an entire discord server just to upload a bunch of images so you can link them here.

3 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Discord is a great place to host your stuff. Images in particular. You can then copy the image links and paste them here, where they'll automatically be embedded.

The only real problem here is large images and videos, as Discord has an 8MB limit for individual files. However, you can virtually upload an unlimited amount of files. So you can probably get away with making an entire discord server just to upload a bunch of images so you can link them here.

Sweet. I've been using discord a lot recently so I'll figure that's a good pick. Thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Sweet. I've been using discord a lot recently so I'll figure that's a good pick. Thanks for the help.

Aaaaand... the bug just caused you to double post. Might want to get that deleted.

It's also possible to upload music and videos to Discord, as long as the latter is short, but those don't embed well.
If you're intending to host FE fangames or applications you made, Mediafire is a good alternative for those.

And if you have a YouTube account, posting videos you made from there is a no-brainer.