Bramimond was the player avatar of ancient Elibe

ping

Think about it:

• He/she has his/her own "Bramimond" class in the game data.
  • There's nothing known about his/her origin, so it's easy for the player to insert their own OC-pls-don't-steal backstory on her/him.
  • Bramimond's gender is ambiguous - Elphin in FE6's states that "We don’t even know if Brammimond was male or female, old or young." and Athos, who would know, avoids a straight answer, so that he doesn't have to canonize either option.
  • Bramimond has no own self and "reflects" the personality of whoever she/he is talking to. This is very reminiscient of protagonists in games with "relationship values", like Persona or (from what I've seen) FE:3H! The main character never, ever expresses her/his own personality and will always say what the dialogue partner wants to hear. Likewise, Bramimond talks to Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector in their own individual "tones", probably because he/she instinctively tries to maximize support growth by feigning to be an individuum "just like L/E/H".
  • Bramimond has a lore-breaking superpower (reviving Ninian, with no apparent negative side effects).

Anyway, that was my TED talk about Stupid Things I Thought About In The Shower.

14 hours ago, ping said:

• Bramimond's gender is ambiguous - Elphin in FE6's states that "We don’t even know if Brammimond was male or female, old or young." and Athos, who would know, avoids a straight answer, so that he doesn't have to canonize either option.

Well we know what the answer is there. No way they'd give us an old avatar, or older protagonist of any kind.

Edited by Jotari

20 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm stealing this, please and thank you.

NOOOOO MY VALUABLE STUPID SHOWER THOUGHTS Glad you like it.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:20 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Maybe Mark is the reincarnated spirit of Bramimond, like how the Fates children were pre-incarnations (?) of their corresponding Awakening characters.

What if ALL avatar characters are re- or preincarnations of Bramimond?! #whoa

7 hours ago, ping said:

What if ALL avatar characters are re- or preincarnations of Bramimond?! #whoa

Hmmm. . .

Kris - Bramimmond is just starting out.  Definitely overdid the "side character" thing.
Corrin - Bramimmond has the decency to be the main character, at least.  Even if the writing is still a work in progress.
Byleth - Bramimmond combined the ideas of a main character with a mostly silent protagonist.  The backstory seemed like a good idea!
Robin - Bramimmond revisited the side character thing, and this time threw in the side story.  It's quite the improvement from Kris!
Kiran - Bramimmond didn't want to write interactions with every single FE character ever, so this one's taking a far more passive role in the story.
Mark - Bramimmond finally struck the balance between "side character" and "plot importance".

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .

Kris - Bramimmond is just starting out.  Definitely overdid the "side character" thing.
Corrin - Bramimmond has the decency to be the main character, at least.  Even if the writing is still a work in progress.
Byleth - Bramimmond combined the ideas of a main character with a mostly silent protagonist.  The backstory seemed like a good idea!
Robin - Bramimmond revisited the side character thing, and this time threw in the side story.  It's quite the improvement from Kris!
Kiran - Bramimmond didn't want to write interactions with every single FE character ever, so this one's taking a far more passive role in the story.
Mark - Bramimmond finally struck the balance between "side character" and "plot importance".

"At last, I have returned to being...no one."

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, ping said:

Think about it:

• He/she has his/her own "Bramimond" class in the game data.
  • There's nothing known about his/her origin, so it's easy for the player to insert their own OC-pls-don't-steal backstory on her/him.
  • Bramimond's gender is ambiguous - Elphin in FE6's states that "We don’t even know if Brammimond was male or female, old or young." and Athos, who would know, avoids a straight answer, so that he doesn't have to canonize either option.
  • Bramimond has no own self and "reflects" the personality of whoever she/he is talking to. This is very reminiscient of protagonists in games with "relationship values", like Persona or (from what I've seen) FE:3H! The main character never, ever expresses her/his own personality and will always say what the dialogue partner wants to hear. Likewise, Bramimond talks to Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector in their own individual "tones", probably because he/she instinctively tries to maximize support growth by feigning to be an individuum "just like L/E/H".
  • Bramimond has a lore-breaking superpower (reviving Ninian, with no apparent negative side effects).

Anyway, that was my TED talk about Stupid Things I Thought About In The Shower.

Doesn't Bramimond say "I think I'll be joining you." or something among those lines when Anthos is dying? I took that as him actually using alot of his power to bring Ninian back, to the point where it shortened his magically enhanced life-span and that's why he says he's not too far behind Anthos and is also going to die, just not as soon.

I guess Mark's lore-breaking superpower is the ability to stuff himself inside other people.

Edited by Samz707

On 6/16/2020 at 2:28 AM, eclipse said:

I value my ignorance about FEH, but seems fair otherwise (also as a ranking, whether or not that was the intention). Although Mark's plot importance past Lyn Mode is pretty much zero, I'd say - maybe Bramimond has trouble adjusting to being present twice in a single story?

Now I wonder how he/she would handle an FE6 remake with yet another avatar to reincarnate as...

23 hours ago, ping said:

I value my ignorance about FEH, but seems fair otherwise (also as a ranking, whether or not that was the intention). Although Mark's plot importance past Lyn Mode is pretty much zero, I'd say - maybe Bramimond has trouble adjusting to being present twice in a single story?

Now I wonder how he/she would handle an FE6 remake with yet another avatar to reincarnate as...

It's the evolution of writing!  Mark starts out with some importance, but once the Real Plot kicks off, he/she is relegated to the background.  You'll get some cool quotes from certain characters if they're deployed on certain chapters!

FE6 avatar - Bramimmond is largely silent.  So is Merlinus.  One cannot be present in the story AND keep an old man tied up at the same time!