Special Heroes Silhouettes! (June 18th)

Anacybele

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well I am happy about Rhys, I even have wrathful staff fodder for him.  I won't be pulling on this unless I actually get B!Nailah before the TT starts.  Joshua would be who I would pull for, if I do pull. 

Well my first impressions were way off. Though we now have to take two different titles into account when speculating about Duo/Harmonic Heroes. 

The Snag skill looks very cool, that'll probably have a nice place in the meta. I like it a lot. More tools to use, and none of it is blatantly more powerful than the other. Links can get panicked. Snags can get danced away or restored. It's a pretty good skill that isn't the obvious best choice. Keep it up IS!

Character opinions(may change when stats are revealed: 

Selena: Great art, first of all. Very pretty attire, regal and sophisticated as far as swimming attire can be.  Her weapon is great for AR- Defense. She is not unless highly invested. being a 5* seasonal, I don't think we'll be seeing her much in the meta. For AR-O, she'll be fine during bonus season, but it's not the most relevant unit type for Offense. How many green tome cavs do you see on offense? Pretty much none, and she won't be making a splash. Pun intended. Arena won't see her anyway, so a nice collectable, unless her stat spread is minmaxed to hell and back. Great fodder though!  

Overall: Awesome unit, not spectacular in the meta probably, great fodder.

Joshua: I like the attitude the art conveys, but I am not the greatest fan of the art itself. A Joshua alt is nice. Being a red bow is not. Having more red bows in the game is not a bad thing, but from a meta perspective he won't be making a big impression, if one at all. His bow however, simple, yet functional. Good on Defense and offense depending on your support unit. I wouldn't have a bow user as a support, but if you have one with tactics and links or so, you may as well have a supportive weapon too. On Defense, i can see it working a lot better. Then again, great defense bow users often have a Prf already, so it's probably not going to be seen everywhere. It's good though. Good link skill and a tier 4 C skill is great. 

Overall: Meh unit, Okay art, great fodder. Especially the bow, which may not be seen often, but does a good job when it's there. Though you could also just build a Sturdy Impact Gordin.

Lute: Decent art, female demote is also great to get a tiny bit more equality in there. Weapon is a magical version of Joshua's, which is just as good, if not even slightly better. Same can be said about that weapon as his, except hers is easier to obtain. We've gotten some spd tactic availability before, but more is always good. Decent fodder, especially the weapon. Not that interesting otherwise. Blue tome fliers are numerous nowadays, and in AR, fliers do not have the strongest role right now if they are not built specifically/have a Prf that helps them stand out.

Overall: Nice weapon to pick up for cheap. Not much else.

Duo!Mia/Marth:  No WAH!, 0/10

For real: I don't want to face this unit on defense when it's +10. My gosh that weapon is not fun. It's a slaying Kagero's dart+ with Swift Sparrow+ added on top. On a cav line, this is your free ticket to getting into WoM range and having follow up. Luckily it's a cav unit, because infantry would have been so much worse, or flying. She can't use impact skills, so if she gets doubled, provided she is frail enough, you could maybe still 2HKO her.  Also a very safe way to start Hit and Run strats on offense in AR. Guaranteed to survive pretty much, so a very nice pickup, even at +0. 

Will be an inconvenience in Arena Assault. when facing her, same for Arena is Harmonic heroes have elevated Scoring. 

Great fodder as well, rightfully the star of the banner. Hoping she's going to have a good stat spread. 

Art is amazing too, don't care much for Lucina, but the Mia outfit is very cool. Wouldn't mind this as a free summon.  Harmonic skill is neat, but when teambuilding, skill synergy is more important than being from the same game. though it's funny that you can buff B!Ike and B!Lucina both with this unit. Coincidence? I think not. =p

Overall: Great unit, great design, scary at +0 on a cav line or abipasta defense map, terrifying when max invested. Great for Hit and Run on AR-O. Something to keep in mind in arena and Assault, but not unmanageable.  Decent dou skill, not as impactful as Hector or Micaiah.

Great banner, unexpected, nice unit choice. Mia big winner. Halloween Mia still the better Mia design.

Curious as to what the stats are.

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

This Duo is the most random ever...

That's because it's a new type Duo unit: a Harmony unit. Apparently that's going to be the name for duo heroes from different games with a different effect on their unique skill.

Like we needed more problems with Duo heroes...

Edited by Nym

5 minutes ago, Nym said:

That's because it's a new type Duo unit: a Harmonie unit. Apparently that's going to be the name for duo heroes from different games with a different effect on their unique skill.

Like we needed more problems with Duo heroes...

As if atk/spd +4 during combat is such a big difference. I mean. Micaiah's Duo skill is way stronger. Having this be available thrice in AR-O is not the greatest of deals. 

Also, the banner is a skip for me. I'll maybe pull all grey orbs on the first circle. But That's it.

This is a weird, but pretty decent banner. I'm a bit low on orbs so i'm probably going to skip aside from a few Lute pulls.

Lute and Joshua are pretty well liked and I can see them working well for a beach banner. Good art too.

Selena is a bit odd, but sure. I suppose she still wasn't in the game and it'd be a while before another Magvel banner comes along

The new Duo hero is weird. I think its interesting how this opens the door to some character interactions from different games. Mia/'Marth' would't be my first choice, but I'm looking a forward to see where theý will take this concept. THem deciding to go with 'marth' rather then Lucina is a bit odd though. You'd think it would be harder to stay in disguise in that swimsuit.

As for Rhys. he sounds about right for a tempest trial unit. A good character, but one that probably would't set the world on fire. I'm just hoping he brings some non launch skills with him. The base game staves/heals are starting to annoy me.

Edited by Sasori

Rewatching the video, I still don't get the criteria for the duo skill. It looked like Peony was also on normal terrain, so why didn't she get the stat boost?

It's interesting that it stacks with normal buffs, but it still looks pretty low-impact compared to the duo units I already have.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Rewatching the video, I still don't get the criteria for the duo skill. It looked like Peony was also on normal terrain, so why didn't she get the stat boost?

It's interesting that it stacks with normal buffs, but it still looks pretty low-impact compared to the duo units I already have.

The terrain is irrelevant, the buff is applied to characters from the same game as the Duo

Just now, Vicious Sal said:

As if atk/spd +4 during combat is such a big difference. I mean. Micaiah's Duo skill is way stronger. Having this be available thrice in AR-O is not the greatest of deals. 

Halloween Hector's duo skill didn't seem that threatening and still isn't as long as there isn't a Kronya and your healing tower is standing. Yet they started make bolder duo skills, duo Micaih being the worse offender with Valentine Alm not too far behind.

This is the first Harmony skill, I'll come back to you in a few months when they get a little crazier with those Harmony skills.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

The terrain is irrelevant, the buff is applied to characters from the same game as the Duo

Ooooooh, I'd misread "title" as "tile".

That's interesting criteria, I guess the plan is for future Harmonic units to use that restriction and encourage building teams based around their pair of games. Plays up the Limited Hero Battle restriction further, but also seems like it's more trouble than it's worth to build around outside of those battles. Especially if the bonuses are this small.

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

Halloween Hector's duo skill didn't seem that threatening and still isn't as long as there isn't a Kronya and your healing tower is standing. Yet they started make bolder duo skills, duo Micaih being the worse offender with Valentine Alm not too far behind.

This is the first Harmony skill, I'll come back to you in a few months when they get a little crazier with those Harmony skills.

Right now Hector's Duo skill is still considered one of the strongest. Judging by usage % in various Discord Feh communities that keep track (Nimious, Akariss etc), Hector is consistently the most seen and used Duo hero. Micaiah has shot up and after that Alphonse* is placed third. Alm and Marth are pretty much nonexistent. Hector has made an actual impact since Kronya synergised so well and with the vantage weapons becoming more prevalent, it's only a matter of time before a Kronya style weapon will come out. Hector has staying relevance and meta impact. Alm and Marth have largely disappeared. Micaiah is expected to become the #1 after her rerun. 

So no, I'm not expecting harmonic skill to be all that amazing in a few months time. Mostly because they have a restriction based on which title units are from, severely limiting your possibilities in teambuilding. Duo units don't have that restriction. 

Duo > Harmemeic skills based purely on arbitrary restrictions that limit you to using less than 20% of the game's cast for it to work.

Edit: Misspoke, it was Alphonse, not ephraim.

Edited by Vicious Sal

For some reason it looks like a Persona silhouette to me lol

Idk who either of them might be, but when it comes to the Summer Banner in general I'l low key hoping for Lissa, Sumia, Florina, Catria, Chrom, Sigurd, or maybe even Edelgard 😳

I know that the Summer banners are supposed to have themes and some of the characters I want belong to themes past, but hey; these are only hopes lol

Oops didn't see the leak! Looks like I'll have to hold on to my hopes a little longer... But maybe Lissa or Chrom will show up!

Edited by Ika Musume
Didn't have context

I guess I can never expect real Tellius banners anymore. Easy skip. I'm getting SO sick of this.

Even though I like Rhys and want to build him, a frail and sickly guy like him has no business at the beach or in the hot sun.

And this banner's duo makes no sense. They aren't even from the same game. And if anymore Greil Mercs absolutely HAVE to have alts, it should be Oscar. He hasn't gotten one.

But really...CAN'T WE HAVE NORMAL TELLIUS CHARACTERS ANYMORE? I'm sorry, but...as a big fan of this saga, this REALLY annoys me.

With Rhys in the game, the only Greil Mercs we're missing now are Boyd, Shinon, and Gatrie. Wonder if Boyd will be a future seasonal, he'd be nice to get in some form. 

I'm honestly not sure if the 4* focus disappoints me or not.  In any other context a 4* Lute would excite me, but as I watched the trailer I thought red bow Joshua would be the 4* focus so my expectations were completely subverted.  Either way I'll be going for only the 4* focus as usual.  Lute looks really nice, she's one of the few mage fliers I don't actively dislike and the only (relatively) f2p one I don't strongly dislike.

Edited by Sayyyaka

I'm guessing it is okay to talk about the banner without spoiler tags now? (well Reddit is openly talking about it so...)

Only thing I liked was that Joshua and Lute finally got alts but I don't need them since I already have a red bow unit I invested in nor do I really need a flying blue tome plus I just don't really like using summer seasonals in general.

Selena gets to join the seasonal alt only club and who knows I almost want to joke that Jill will be stuck with that position on next month's summer seasonal banner.

Not much to say on Rhys other than I hope he has a good weapon and skills to pass on to my other units.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And if anymore Greil Mercs absolutely HAVE to have alts, it should be Oscar. He hasn't gotten one.

He hasn't gotten one because, unlike the rest of the present Greil Mercs with multiple versions, he isn't popular in the slightest. He is not automatically owed an alt just because everyone else has one. 

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They aren't even from the same game.

I think that's the concept of the new type of heroes. Since they have a "Harmonized Skill", let's call them Harmonic Heroes.

A type of Duo hero that comes from different games.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I can never expect real Tellius banners anymore. Easy skip. I'm getting SO sick of this.

Even though I like Rhys and want to build him, a frail and sickly guy like him has no business at the beach or in the hot sun.

Rhys just has a vitamin D deficiency, some sun is good for him! =D

And this banner's duo makes no sense. They aren't even from the same game. And if anymore Greil Mercs absolutely HAVE to have alts, it should be Oscar. He hasn't gotten one.

The Duo makes total sense in the Feh lore, Mia and Marth have had two tenpest trials where they worked together. Mia wanted to buddy up with her in those conversations. Joshua promised to hang out with marth too in that TT.

But really...CAN'T WE HAVE NORMAL TELLIUS CHARACTERS ANYMORE? I'm sorry, but...as a big fan of this saga, this REALLY annoys me.

No, my uncle works at Nintendo and he confirmed there are only seasonal tellius units planned dor the next 8 months.