Special Heroes Silhouettes! (June 18th)

Anacybele

16 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Lucina, maybe? Though we have had banners with only two focus once before. I can also see them adding someone random, like Eirika or L'Arachel.

That's really optimistic and I would love it, but I don't think they would add it to a free unit. Maybe 4* seasonals at some point.

Lute/Mia/Lucina would be pretty funny for me, since I'm only missing 13 Book 1 New Heroes and that would be 3 of them. 

I think a grail unit is more likely than a seasonal demote, since grail units are more limited in availability and seem to be getting better skills. 

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Poor Dorcas... He was excluded from the Farfetched Heroes Summer Trip... Three of the original Farfetched Heroes are here (Mia, Lute and Joshua), but Dorcas had to stay home to take care of his wife.

Dorcas was left out here, but he did show up with Mia previously. So now all four have gotten one between those two banners, with Mia also getting a second in the form of the duo hero.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Wow so much negative reactions here.

I don't get it. I can't see how people can complain about New Characters debutting as seasonals. Isn't it better than having the same characters over and over again? Especially considering the fact that it's very possible FEH won't last long enough to get all characters in the game. Someone like Rhys is so unpopular that Rhys' fans should really feel lucky he is in at all, but they don't and I don't get it.

Oh well, I will counter the negativity with my own positivity. I absolutely love and want everyone here and I will absolutely +10 that Lute. I will now use THE WHALE. IS made an alt of my most beloved character, they deserve my wallet.

I believe the reason why is because people want to see normal versions of those heroes and many characters are still stuck as seasonal only.

Like, seeing Pent and Louise on the wedding banner is all well and good, but a lot of people want to see them as they're portrayed in Blazing Blade.

Hell, Charlotte was introduced as a seasonal back in the first year and she still hasn't been released as a normal unit.

35 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Poor Dorcas... He was excluded from the Farfetched Heroes Summer Trip... Three of the original Farfetched Heroes are here (Mia, Lute and Joshua), but Dorcas had to stay home to take care of his wife.

That, or that candy from 2018 wasn't so safe after all and seriously set him back. There, I made a "Dorcas got poisoned" joke so no one else has to.

Wow, uh, I totally didn't expect this.

While I would like to get Joshua and Lute (both with better art than their base forms), I'm still trying to spark on Mirabilis and more, so unless next month's summer banner has literally 0 characters I want, I might not be able to get them. At least Lute is the demote so I might be able to get her. I have 0 forms of Lute and I actually liked her back when I played Sacred Stones.

Rhys being the free TT unit instead of, say, Oscar is A-ok with me just because at the very least Rhys doesn't have a form in this game. Although I'd rather get the real Rhys first, but as long as we're seeing some new characters in the midst that's something.

40 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I believe the reason why is because people want to see normal versions of those heroes and many characters are still stuck as seasonal only.

Like, seeing Pent and Louise on the wedding banner is all well and good, but a lot of people want to see them as they're portrayed in Blazing Blade.

Hell, Charlotte was introduced as a seasonal back in the first year and she still hasn't been released as a normal unit.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The same reason some people like vanilla ice cream.

I guess at some point it becomes a matter of taste but I still can't see things their way because it's so different from mine. I am incredibly happy to have Bride Tanith as my propic will show you.

And it's because realistically I think all the SanakiDev bias in the world won't make it likely for her to appear in a Tellius banner anytime soon. Not with so many other characters to choose from. And considering we can hope for 1, maybe 2 Tellius banners every year at best I think it's more likely the game will die before they free a spot for Tanith in a new heroes banner.

And with that mindset I can only feel happy that she got new art at all, and a VA and a little bit of spotlight that made people aware she exists. It's way better than nothing. 

But I'm seeing so much "this is worse than nothing" all over the internet that I can't help but accept most people disagree with me.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

I don't get it. I can't see how people can complain about New Characters debutting as seasonals. Isn't it better than having the same characters over and over again? Especially considering the fact that it's very possible FEH won't last long enough to get all characters in the game. Someone like Rhys is so unpopular that Rhys' fans should really feel lucky he is in at all, but they don't and I don't get it.

Oh well, I will counter the negativity with my own positivity. I absolutely love and want everyone here and I will absolutely +10 that Lute. I will now use THE WHALE. IS made an alt of my most beloved character, they deserve my wallet.

i reading more negativity towards those Twinworld new type character and the fact that seasonal banners are rendundant. There is a degree of fatigue around for pulling on anything, because there are allready so many units around and in 5 months stuff is anyway powercreeped to hell and back. At least from my part (but i guess i am not the only one).

I have reached a point where i rather would have a boost/possibility to further my older units then new units I dont even know who they are. I basicly stoped chasing the carrot in terms of everything: from scoring on AR to AA and Arena, I'll get what i get with what i have.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Personally, the Lute and Rhys alts are two of my favorite things out of this banner, so I'm glad they're here.

I like Rhys too, as I said, but I'd still prefer a proper Tellius banner right now.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

"My uncle works at Nintendo" is a meme explanation for bogus claims.

Yeah, so I've seen, actually.

The problem isn't the concept of characters debuting as seasonals in itself. The problem is that it's constantly Tellius lately while this saga has also lacked a proper banner for over a year now. And in the case of PoR, it's been nearly THREE. Sigrun, Tanith, Ilyana, Rolf, Rafiel, and now Rhys have all debuted as seasonals, and with the exception of Sigrun, none have had their regular versions added. And even then, Sigrun was a TT unit, not a banner unit. And then as much as I love Fallen Ike and like having Ashnard in the game, they're also both technically alts. In the time all these units were added, there has not been a proper Tellius banner at all.

I like seasonal units, but I also want some normal versions too, and Tellius is still missing a good chunk of important/notable characters. Elincia's retainers/knights are missing, and we're still missing some of the Greil Mercs, most notably Boyd since his brothers are both in, and we're also missing the Dawn Brigade. This saga is in more need of a proper banner than any other game in the series right now and IS just seems to think Tellius fans will be satisfied with just a bunch of seasonals and alts. 😕 Also, seasonals are not permanently available. I'd rather have some more Tellius characters that are permanent additions to the pool right now.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but he could still be the demote in Lute's place or TT in Rhys's place.

Oh, I see. My mistake there. Odd concept though.

...Uh, I'm going to assume this is all just a joke?

I sure as hell hope we still get a proper Tellius banner this year.

I was quite serious about Mia and Lucina being tempest Trials buddies actually. This banner, and the unit itself make perfect sense. Mia, Dorcas, Lute and Joshua have had interactions with Masked Marth in the tempest, Dorcas and Mia twice even, with Joshua getting a mention the second time. So them teaming up is not out of the ordinary. And riding a broom probably has some similarities to riding a horse. More than walking at least. I like the Harmonic Hero pairing in this case because it makes sense from a Feh Lore perspective. lore we witnessed and played through. It builds some semblance of continuity within Askr.

I'm with you, I would rather see Jill and Zihark as seasonals than not at all. Getting multiple versions of a unit is a bonus. Getting one is great, no matter the form. (Well, I could care less about Hot Springs Validar maybe...)

50 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That, or that candy from 2018 wasn't so safe after all and seriously set him back. There, I made a "Dorcas got poisoned" joke so no one else has to.

Poor Natalie, she also got some of that candy, now she's doubly sick!

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The problem isn't the concept of characters debuting as seasonals in itself. The problem is that it's constantly Tellius lately while this saga has also lacked a proper banner for over a year now. And in the case of PoR, it's been nearly THREE. Sigrun, Tanith, Ilyana, Rolf, Rafiel, and now Rhys have all debuted as seasonals, and with the exception of Sigrun, none have had their regular versions added. And even then, Sigrun was a TT unit, not a banner unit. And then as much as I love Fallen Ike and like having Ashnard in the game, they're also both technically alts. In the time all these units were added, there has not been a proper Tellius banner at all.

I like seasonal units, but I also want some normal versions too, and Tellius is still missing a good chunk of important/notable characters. Elincia's retainers/knights are missing, and we're still missing some of the Greil Mercs, most notably Boyd since his brothers are both in, and we're also missing the Dawn Brigade. This saga is in more need of a proper banner than any other game in the series right now and IS just seems to think Tellius fans will be satisfied with just a bunch of seasonals and alts. 😕 Also, seasonals are not permanently available. I'd rather have some more Tellius characters that are permanent additions to the pool right now.

Literally no one besides you talking about the subject of units appearing as alts only/first was mentioning Tellius specifically. People were talking about charlotte, pent and louise etc. You can continue to voice your opinion about the fact that tellius is currently in this routine, but try not to make it as if everyone else is echoing you as some sort of blanket statement. We get your points about Tellius, but to be honest, you're starting to sound a bit like a broken record at this point. We get it, you've repeated the same points (however valid they might be to you or others) plenty of times now. 😉

I myself don't really care about not gettinga Tellius new heroes banner. i like what we've gotten so far and I'll gladly take that. I have new goals for saving orbs, so that's neat. And Bride Nailah and Bride Micaiah will be nice additions to my +10 roster in due time. 

I'm most excited about Rhys. A free pull Mia would be best, but I'm not counting on that.

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i reading more negativity towards those Twinworld new type character and the fact that seasonal banners are rendundant. There is a degree of fatigue around for pulling on anything, because there are allready so many units around and in 5 months stuff is anyway powercreeped to hell and back. At least from my part (but i guess i am not the only one).

I have reached a point where i rather would have a boost/possibility to further my older units then new units I dont even know who they are. I basicly stoped chasing the carrot in terms of everything: from scoring on AR to AA and Arena, I'll get what i get with what i have.

Yeah, I didn't adress the TwinWorld elephant because I won't pretend I care much for Heroes as a game. I mostly care about collecting art. 

But all the complaining about that, combined with the character choices make it seem like the banner itself is very hated.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The thing is in my opinion the next new heroes banner is already confirmed to be Tellius with Jill on it, so the problem will solve itself. But if for some reason it's not I will change my mind.

Then again, last time I said something like this it was about Farfetched banners and the very next week they were Thanos'd out of existence...

15 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Literally no one besides you talking about the subject of units appearing as alts only/first was mentioning Tellius specifically. People were talking about charlotte, pent and louise etc. You can continue to voice your opinion about the fact that tellius is currently in this routine, but try not to make it as if everyone else is echoing you as some sort of blanket statement. We get your points about Tellius, but to be honest, you're starting to sound a bit like a broken record at this point. We get it, you've repeated the same points (however valid they might be to you or others) plenty of times now. 😉

I myself don't really care about not gettinga Tellius new heroes banner. i like what we've gotten so far and I'll gladly take that. I have new goals for saving orbs, so that's neat. And Bride Nailah and Bride Micaiah will be nice additions to my +10 roster in due time. 

Just because it isn't a problem for you doesn't mean it can't be a problem to others. All I'm going to say here. I wish to avoid arguments.

11 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The thing is in my opinion the next new heroes banner is already confirmed to be Tellius with Jill on it, so the problem will solve itself. But if for some reason it's not I will change my mind.

Fair enough, I suppose.

One thing that's weird to me about this set of alts is that Lute and Joshua are both in their original colors, and Mia matches the color of her previous alt. Similarly, Rhys is in his full normal unit type, which might not bode well for his odds of getting a normal version, although I guess he could get a blue tome.

10 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I was quite serious about Mia and Lucina being tempest Trials buddies actually. This banner, and the unit itself make perfect sense. Mia, Dorcas, Lute and Joshua have had interactions with Masked Marth in the tempest, Dorcas and Mia twice even, with Joshua getting a mention the second time. So them teaming up is not out of the ordinary. And riding a broom probably has some similarities to riding a horse. More than walking at least. I like the Harmonic Hero pairing in this case because it makes sense from a Feh Lore perspective. lore we witnessed and played through. It builds some semblance of continuity within Askr.

It'd be interesting to go that route, although Masked Marth is in a bit of a weird spot since she's interacted with so many units through TTs. But TTs (and Forging Bonds) do allow other forms of cross-game interaction, so they could certainly work with that. Wonder who else would be good candidates that way. Are there any cross-game pairs we've seen interact in multiple events that don't involve Masked Marth or Mia?

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I...really loathe that Mia alt. What a way to screw over people wanting summer Lucina. Myself included. 

I wonder if they could do some sort of "change attire" style cosmetic thing to make it so you can switch who the "face" unit of a duo is. Doing anything to mess with the sprites would be complicated and might not always make sense, but changing which one gets their face visible in the mini-portrait seems like it'd be pretty easy.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

One thing that's weird to me about this set of alts is that Lute and Joshua are both in their original colors, and Mia matches the color of her previous alt. Similarly, Rhys is in his full normal unit type, which might not bode well for his odds of getting a normal version, although I guess he could get a blue tome.

It'd be interesting to go that route, although Masked Marth is in a bit of a weird spot since she's interacted with so many units through TTs. But TTs (and Forging Bonds) do allow other forms of cross-game interaction, so they could certainly work with that. Wonder who else would be good candidates that way. Are there any cross-game pairs we've seen interact in multiple events that don't involve Masked Marth or Mia?

I wonder if they could do some sort of "change attire" style cosmetic thing to make it so you can switch who the "face" unit of a duo is. Doing anything to mess with the sprites would be complicated and might not always make sense, but changing which one gets their face visible in the mini-portrait seems like it'd be pretty easy.

Unlikely since they are so unimportant that their sprites can literally be turned off in settings. Yet, that doesn't seem to stop some from yelling about Lucina getting another alt. 

Besides, that would only really fix one issue with this alt. The worst one probably being that she's masked to begin with. 

I actually missed the trailer so I don't want to talk about the new type of duo unit yet, but my main issue with this banner is that most of the characters are some combination of same color, same weapon type, same movement as their base/expected base forms.

I wish seasonal banners would give characters more varieties that are "unexpected" from their base forms. Joshua using a bow is awesome, but why did it have to be red like his sword? Lute riding a pegasus is a cool reference to her support with Vanessa, did she have to use a blue tome again? This is not limited to just this summer's worth of heroes, since we don't get seasonal dragons wielding regular weapons anymore since Bride Ninian and both seasonal Micaiahs have been a tome with its same base effect (and the second one even flies like Brave Micaiah), as well as summer Noire being an infantry bow, Valentine's Silque being a staff again, etc. It'd be nice to get things like Bride Caeda having a tome or Winter Eirika being a staff or Summer Ursula having daggers like a proper assassin

I'm afraid I'm going to have to contribute a bit to the negativity, my friends. This was just not the banner I was hoping for, and I didn't particularly care for the last seasonal either. I don't like the design of most of the swimsuits and, while I don't oppose strange duo pairings, it feels like Lucina was done very dirty. Yes, she's got several alts already, but it's been two years since her last one, her bunny self is horribly powercrept and her "Marth" alt has the same stats and weapon as the original. Her being the cheerleader for a minor Tellius character while wearing that bloody mask (together with a bikini. Convincing disguise there, Lucy) is such an odd choice. I was also hoping for the Cipher swimsuit at least!

Also, we get another free infantry healer, and one that'll most likely join an ever-growing number of characters in the "alt only" club. We also live in a world where Mia got two alts before Sigurd and Seliph got one, those poor bastards.

I apologize for whining. I know we've got another banner coming, I was just looking forward to this one. Guess it's back to saving.

Edited by Thane

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to contribute a bit to the negativity, my friends. This was just not the banner I was hoping for, and I didn't particularly care for the last seasonal either. I don't like the design of most of the swimsuits and, while I don't oppose strange duo pairings, it feels like Lucina was done very dirty. Yes, she's got several alts already, but it's been two years since her last one, her bunny self is horribly powercrept and her "Marth" alt has the same stats and weapon as the original. Her being the cheerleader for a minor Tellius character while wearing that bloody mask (together with a bikini. Convincing disguise there, Lucy) is such an odd choice. I was also hoping for the Cipher swimsuit at least!

Also, we get another free infantry healer, and one that'll most likely join an ever-growing number of characters in the "alt only" club. We also live in a world where Mia got two alts before Sigurd and Seliph got one, those poor bastards.

I apologize for whining. I know we've got another banner coming, I was just looking forward to this one. Guess it's back to saving.

Honestly, the second banner doesn't help it for me since my most wanted character got such a massive shaft in the first one, and she's unlikely to ever get a proper summer alt, let alone be on the next one. 

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just because it isn't a problem for you doesn't mean it can't be a problem to others. All I'm going to say here. I wish to avoid arguments.

That is why I acknowledged your points, made clear that we all had seen your arguments multiple times by now and that reposting them is certainly possible, but not really adding much to your plight. Besides that i just requested not making blanket statements, since not everyone who dislikes the alt only heroes does so because Tellius is not getting new heroes banners right now. Not trying to argue with your points, just pointing out that it's not entirely true that everyone else is echoeing your exact same opinion.

Edited by Vicious Sal

38 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

That is why I acknowledged your points, made clear that we all had seen your arguments multiple times by now and that reposting them is certainly possible, but not really adding much to your plight. Besides that i just requested not making blanket statements, since not everyone who dislikes the alt only heroes does so because Tellius is not getting new heroes banners right now. Not trying to argue with your points, just pointing out that it's not entirely true that everyone else is echoeing your exact same opinion.

Alright, fair enough then.

Well, I can't wait to build Rhys anyway! I can be glad to have another Greil Merc at all.

This was not the banner I was expecting. I thought it was going to be a Blazing Summer, but it looks like it'll be Sacred instead.

• Selena is a good edition, although I expected her normal version to come first on a banner with her, Duessel, Natasha, and Knoll.
  • Joshua has a good design and interesting unit type (red bow)
  • It's nice that a female character is the 4 Star Demote
  • The Duo Hero is out of left field. Although you can say that it's a reference to Mia's TT dialogue with Masked Marth, that TT was so long ago it's almost forgotten. Plus, the whole point of Masked Marth is to conceal Lucina's identity (including her sex), and the swimsuit here is definitely not doing that. Also, her Cipher swimsuit was better.'
  • The swimsuits here are kind of bland tbh. They're not as stylish as Frederick, Ursula, Linde, Laegjarn, and Lyn's swimsuits imo. They're inoffensive, but also kind of forgettable.
  • I'm happy Rhys is finally here.
  • I really like Sacred Stones characters but I'm not sure why I'm not excited for this.
8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well... people predicted Selena in teh banner... but they got the wrong Selena. LOL

lol @ me