Special Heroes Silhouettes! (June 18th)

Anacybele

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

the most absolute skip ever imo, this banner is exactly my definition of "unappealing"

but hey, at least Selena got in heroes finally, and Rhys is really cool, although i'm already using Mercedes

Edited by Yexin

Poor Intern-kun, hopefully he won't be fired for this. It's a tradition after all.

Edited by Nym

12 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

What's even the point, they might as well just leave it up, LOL~

Right?! It's been almost 3 hours LOL those screenshots people have taken cannot be deleted

On the one hand, we got three half-Tellius banners in two months. On the other hand, those banners had 6 Radiant Dawn units and only 1 Path of Radiance unit. Between Limited Hero Battles and the new Harmonic Heroes, the distinction seems increasingly relevant. So we might not be getting a Radiant Dawn New Heroes banner soon, but it could very well be time for the first Path of Radiance New Heroes banner since 2017.

We did get an FE5 banner and an FE4 Gen 2 banner just a month apart at the start of Book 4, and that's like the next most closely tied paid of games.

Edited by Othin

Thanks Intern-kun, I know now I can skip this banner.

There's nothing in high demand for me beyond that Atk/Spd Push fodder and the twinworld duo and I'm not that enthused to go for either. The new duo type is so unnecessary as well, that's just not enough of a reason to make a new type imo. Maybe it'll justify itself later, but it hasn't yet.

The shade of green used in Joshua's shorts makes it look very cheaply made, like bargain bin nylon. I don't mind eclecticism of appearance, it suits Joshua, just fix the green. 

Masked Marth is highly unusual here, why doesn't Lucina just wear a mask-shaped hair clip if she want to reference it? Or is she hiding a serious facial sunburn from forgetting to lotion her face yesterday before dozing off? -This said, I still approve of a nudist's reimagining of PoR where the Black Knight conceals his identity with only a mask and thin, deep black leotard. So who am I to judge on Lucina's choice? 🙂

Selena is a simple, mature beauty, so I give her the highest points here when it comes to the visuals. 

Although, besides Rhys (and Lucina who I leave unjudged), all the characters here, are ones I'm rather disinclined towards. Mia is above the "underbaked RD additions" tier in Tellius characters, but not by much. Lute doesn't rank much better among her fellow Magvelians. Joshua's supports are devoured by gambling and his princely side is... almost nonexistent. If the man were elevated to equal SS narrative status with his fellow Magvel royals L'Arachel and Innes, maybe he'd amount so something more substantial. Selena is too unhesitant to pity, a Camus should writhe and suffer with indecision, they should seriously brush against their shackles, Selena never as much as nodded her head.

Sacred Stones characters, so I can't not pull for them. Might wait a bit though, see what the upcoming banners will have. 

Selena is top priority with Joshua a close second and that leaves Lute as the 3rd, but she is also a 4* focus so if all else fails, I'll still probably get her. 

As big a fan of Lucina as I am (though still missing her original version, please let her be the next resplendant and end my suffering), I don't really like this one. Partly because she is just vibing in the background and is barely even a unit, but she is also Masked Marth, while she has a beautiful summer design in cipher... 

I feel like this banner is both super hype and super meh for me at the same time. At least units aren't sharing colours, but I don't think I will finish the leftover Chain Challenges just to get them. I'd rather save them for Halloween for L'Arachel to be honest.

I also got exactly 0 unit right in my prediction, what a surprise!

On the one hand, it seems like it'd be wise to wait to pull on this until I go for the Form banner, since that'll end sooner and I really want to make sure I have enough orbs for it. On the other hand, the fact that I could end up pulling Petra here while going for Lute makes me think doing the seasonal first would be better. Plus it'd be nice to not have to wait, and missing out on a rerun banner is fairly easy to make up later anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Black Knight conceals his identity with only a mask and thin, deep black leotard.

His disguise will be a bright red codpiece.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

He hasn't gotten one because, unlike the rest of the present Greil Mercs with multiple versions, he isn't popular in the slightest. He is not automatically owed an alt just because everyone else has one. 

Sure, but he could still be the demote in Lute's place or TT in Rhys's place.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think that's the concept of the new type of heroes. Since they have a "Harmonized Skill", let's call them Harmonic Heroes.

A type of Duo hero that comes from different games.

Oh, I see. My mistake there. Odd concept though.

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Rhys just has a vitamin D deficiency, some sun is good for him! =D

The Duo makes total sense in the Feh lore, Mia and Marth have had two tenpest trials where they worked together. Mia wanted to buddy up with her in those conversations. Joshua promised to hang out with marth too in that TT.

No, my uncle works at Nintendo and he confirmed there are only seasonal tellius units planned dor the next 8 months.

...Uh, I'm going to assume this is all just a joke?

I sure as hell hope we still get a proper Tellius banner this year.

It was IS's blunder instead of a leak so I won't bother with spoiler tags. 

I'm just going to try and get a 4* S!Lute and dip (thank goodness, the save orbs for H!Myrrh plan is still going smoothly).

The theme this time is having Kiria-like inheritable weapons, which is cool and all but I don't see myself using those often, if at all. 

The not Duo is also whatever. The Harmonic skill is just a global Hone Atk/Spd 2 (if dual Hones were become a thing one day) which is super boring and useless when stuff like Openings/Tactics exist. The "Only units from the same game as the pair recieve the buff" is also meh. We'll see if IS puts these Twin World skills on par with Duo skills in the future, because this isn't a good first impression. As for the unit itself, Mia & M!Marth certainly outclass S!Linde, but that's not a tall order and they still seem too gimmicky for my tastes.

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

At this point i rather have the ability to 6 Star units then to be flooded with more useless crap

Part of me agrees with this, but we have yet to see a function to 5*+10 units we already have at 4*+10... Imagine having to restart the merge progress when you already had +10 merged your favourites.

Boring banner, an easy skip. Perhaps I am repeating myself but since the spark system got introduced, seasonals lost all value for me. A chance to get a good unit is not worth the extra effort you go through to get them. About the harmonic heroes, they don't seem as good as Duos for me. Everyone can benefit from duo skills in some way when in the proper range however, harmonic skills are active only for heroes of certain games which limits your team building options by a lot. The unit itself is boring a bit though still good. I hope that Duos are not completely forgotten for these guys as it makes these banners even worse. I will grab the Paralogue orbs to finally get Mirabilis and this time around I will actually start saving for CYL Edelgard.  

Correct me if I am wrong but Lute is our first female demotion ever since the current demotion system began. Hopefully, Rhys has wrathful or dazzling staff or a even double balm+. As staves are being powercrept a lot we need something like that, at this point it's not power creep but a necessity to make them more viable and easy to build. 

Edited by SuperNova125

2 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Boring banner, an easy skip. Perhaps I am repeating myself but since the spark system got introduced, seasonals lost all value for me. A chance to get a good unit is not worth the extra effort you go through to get them. About the harmonic heroes, they don't seem as good as Duos for me. Everyone can benefit from duo skills in some way when in the proper range however, harmonic skills are active only for heroes of certain games which limits your team building options by a lot. The unit itself is boring a bit though still good. I hope that Duos are not completely forgotten for these guys as it makes these banners even worse. I will grab the Paralogue orbs to finally get Mirabilis and this time around I will actually start saving for CYL Edelgard.  

Correct me if I am wrong but Lute is our first female demotion ever since the current demotion system began. Hopefully, Rhys has wrathful or dazzling staff or a even double balm+. As staves are being powercrept a lot we need something like that, at this point it's not power creep but a necessity to make them more viable and easy to build. 

Mercedes. But otherwise, all the demotes seem to be guys.

5 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

The current value of Seasonal Banners looks like to be the Duo Heroes.

I don't expect Rhys to have Wrathful or Dazzling, or even a Double Balm+. I will be surprised if he get Wrathful or Dazzling... but Balm+? Nope.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Mercedes. But otherwise, all the demotes seem to be guys.

SuperNova meant from the start of the 4* Focus. Since it started to be a thing, Summer Luke is the first one.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but he could still be the demote in Lute's place or TT in Rhys's place.

Oh, I see. My mistake there. Odd concept though.

...Uh, I'm going to assume this is all just a joke?

I sure as hell hope we still get a proper Tellius banner this year.

Personally, the Lute and Rhys alts are two of my favorite things out of this banner, so I'm glad they're here.

"My uncle works at Nintendo" is a meme explanation for bogus claims.

23 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Part of me agrees with this, but we have yet to see a function to 5*+10 units we already have at 4*+10... Imagine having to restart the merge progress when you already had +10 merged your favourites.

Yeah, I think this is the reason they're just adding more features to 5* units rather than making any higher rarities. 5* units today are miles ahead of what 5* units used to be capable of, anyway.

4 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

If you mean seasonal demotes, yeah. The only previous ones were Conrad, Narcian, Marth, and Rafiel.

I think the Balm+ skills are staying exclusive to premium units, like Tier 4 passives and Tier 3 assists. Wrathful or Dazzling would be nice but I don't expect it. Grail units have had some fancy passives though, like Wrath, so it might be possible.

7 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Guys, isn't it obvious? The girl on the left is Hatsune Miku and the girl on the right is Rin Kagamine! We're finally getting the crossover between FE and Vocaloid everyone (read: nobody but me) asked for!

Add me to the list of people who asked lol

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I wonder who the third unit will be on the TT banner since I only see Mia and Lute and everyone else is either a newcomer or was a grail unit.

Lucina, maybe? Though we have had banners with only two focus once before. I can also see them adding someone random, like Eirika or L'Arachel.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wrathful or Dazzling would be nice but I don't expect it. Grail units have had some fancy passives though, like Wrath, so it might be possible.

That's really optimistic and I would love it, but I don't think they would add it to a free unit. Maybe 4* seasonals at some point.

Wow so much negative reactions here.

I don't get it. I can't see how people can complain about New Characters debutting as seasonals. Isn't it better than having the same characters over and over again? Especially considering the fact that it's very possible FEH won't last long enough to get all characters in the game. Someone like Rhys is so unpopular that Rhys' fans should really feel lucky he is in at all, but they don't and I don't get it.

Oh well, I will counter the negativity with my own positivity. I absolutely love and want everyone here and I will absolutely +10 that Lute. I will now use THE WHALE. IS made an alt of my most beloved character, they deserve my wallet.