• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sooks

• Benice

• Sidereal Wraith

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and gentlemen behold, my first post on these forums from 8 years ago yesterday on the subject of the mystery of Priam:

You guys may think I am crazy in saying this, but I think this Paris guy may end up being Link the hero of time. I mean many factors could add up to this. The last time we saw him he had just defeated Majora's Mask and was heading back through Lost Woods back to Hyrule. He has already experienced both time travel, and traveling to a parallel world, Termina being one of Hyrule. I feel with the inclusion of the Other-World Gate can give the game a good reason for him being in Fire Emblem in the first place. Many may think that this would destroy the whole purpose for Link in the first place, that of being an avatar for the player's interpretation of his personality. However, the hero of time does actually speak and is given some character development in Twilight Princess as he and the hero's shade are one in the same. We know this because it comes from the Hyrule Historia, "Link is taught secrets by the ghost of the Hero of Time, who is his ancestor. After he was returned to the time of his childhood, he felt regret at leaving behind his role as the Hero." (リンクは、先祖である時の勇者の亡霊から奥 義を教わる。彼は子ども時代に戻って以降、勇者として名残せかったことを無念に感じていた)" (Hyrule Historia (Shogakukan), pg. 118). Paris may simply be an alias for Link as to not give away the fact that he is in the game, thus retaining the mystery of his inclusion. I know that many can probably see thereare some flaws in this theory such as the fact that Link can have a support with a Female My Unit, and can get married, thus maybe harming continuity in the Zelda series, but I really would not mind this. I would love to see the hero of time, or another incarnation of Link in Fire Emblem. Think about it, we have no real idea who this Paris guy is. I don't think it is going to be Ike because he will eventually become available via DLC or Spotpass later on. Why include a sixth character that can join in a extra Spotpass sidequest that is not seen in the main quest? It would have to be someone people may already know otherwise what would be the point of all the secrecy about this character? This is simply my two cents on the matter.

P.S. Sorry for the bad gammer. I am not an English major for nothing!

*Swigs more whiskey*
Notice, if you will, the youthful optimism, the naivety, the drink less dreamer. This was from a year before Awakening was made available in English and three years before...it appeared. *Swigs more alcohol* Oh my misbegotten youth, how I squandered you. 

Edited by Wraith