• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sooks

• Benice

• Sidereal Wraith

Top Posters In This Topic

Knows about how characters were renamed the German version of the Tellius games.

Ngl, I kind of prefer the other names. Astrid and Mist are okay, but I like the sound of Stella (which was in the JPN version as well) and Alja better. Although knowing English speakers, I could imagine how badly Alja would be mispronounced without voice acting to make it clear.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Will know that they changed Mist to Alja because of the unfortunate fact that "Mist" means "crap" in German.
YMMV whether or not that describes her status as a unit.

Fun fact: Haar was changed to Darahan, likely because "Haar" means "hair" in German and it would be kinda weird for a guy to be named "hair".

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, I kind of prefer the other names. Astrid and Mist are okay, but I like the sound of Stella and Alja better. Although knowing English speakers, I could imagine how badly Alja would be mispronounced without voice acting to make it clear.

I like the sound of the names Stella and Alja (pronounced Alya) more, too.

Will know (unless you do already) that the word "mist" is also known for being part of a phrase Wario says in Mario Party: "So ein mist!"

Although most English speakers understandably thought he was saying "D'oh! I missed!"