• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• twilit

• Sooks

• Benice

• Sidereal Wraith

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Profile picture has Xenoblade 2 characters.
(XB2 spoilers ahead, I think)

Hide contents

That are actually one and the same character.

Is correct. 

Curious, is it better than my previous Xenoblade 2 pfp?

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

What's wrong?

Math. It's...Not going so well. I feel really dumb, tbh. I also have a sort of disorder (disgraphia) which essentially means that my fine motor skills, (things like drawing, printing, anything that requires precision, really) are absolutely dummy thick terrible. Since I need more support than most people do, (at least visibly, everyone needs help somewhere) and people being not so nice about the topic in the past just has me kinda saddled with a permanent feeling of idiocy. Especially since I'm told I'm smart, (I've seen my cognitive profile, and by all rights I should be) and everyone else is my family is a genius, (my mom has a PhD, my sister got 98% in AP Bio 12, 100% in human sciences 12, 95% in Human Geography AP 12, etc.) and the fact that I've never had academic success just doesn't sit well with me. I very much have a competetive streak, and it kinda compells me to want to be better than everyone and everything, even myself. Even though it sometimes helps, right now it just hurts to fall short of the expectations I put on myself.

...And failing math even though I study quite a lot ain't helping the case.

Is very kind and considerate.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Math. It's...Not going so well. I feel really dumb, tbh. I also have a sort of disorder (disgraphia) which essentially means that my fine motor skills, (things like drawing, printing, anything that requires precision, really) are absolutely dummy thick terrible. Since I need more support than most people do, (at least visibly, everyone needs help somewhere) and people being not so nice about the topic in the past just has me kinda saddled with a permanent feeling of idiocy. Especially since I'm told I'm smart, (I've seen my cognitive profile, and by all rights I should be) and everyone else is my family is a genius, (my mom has a PhD, my sister got 98% in AP Bio 12, 100% in human sciences 12, 95% in Human Geography AP 12, etc.) and the fact that I've never had academic success just doesn't sit well with me. I very much have a competetive streak, and it kinda compells me to want to be better than everyone and everything, even myself. Even though it sometimes helps, right now it just hurts to fall short of the expectations I put on myself.

...And failing math even though I study quite a lot ain't helping the case.

Ah, well. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. But if there's one thing I know about you, if nothing else, you're definitely not dumb.

I can relate to having issues with math myself. No matter how I looked at the math I was given to study, it never clicked (and still doesn't tbh). A lot of people need to learn in a way that's different from others. It doesn't make them less intelligent. They just need a different approach. While I never found that approach, you're still young enough to find that approach and use it to your advantage. Also, something else I would say to you is to work with your strengths. From what I can tell about you, you're a creative thinker. As a creative thinker myself, I always did better with artistic or creative subjects like English, literature, and music. And as a writer and lover of music yourself, I can see you most likely excelling in the same subjects. Once again, that does not make you less intelligent (you're aren't, I know that). Instead, you have gifts and abilities that others do not have.

So, all this is to say that I believe in you, Benice. You're going to do great! 👍

Sorry if this came out kind of rambling, but I'm not that great at forming coherent thoughts sometimes.

---------

Is struggling, but will get through it. I'm sure of it.