• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sooks

• Benice

• Sidereal Wraith

Top Posters In This Topic

Knows that it lacks reliable 1-2 range until the lategame, (IIRC Wind edges are kinda useless and are hard to find, but it's been a bit) lacks the speed cap to double Ashera without White pool, and isn't as mobile as the absurdly OP wyvern lord. Astra is a good mastery skill, though.

Played Mario 64.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Knows that it lacks reliable 1-2 range until the lategame, (IIRC Wind edges are kinda useless and are hard to find, but it's been a bit)

You can literally buy them in droves on the tail end of part 3, together with their more powerful counterparts.
And Mia (and the other Trueblades) are very much strong enough to make effective use of them. And it's not like 1-2 range is omega-important in RD anyhow.

acks the speed cap to double Ashera without White pool

If 40 Speed isn't enough, then no one in the game (except maybe a few laguz) doubles Ashera.

and isn't as mobile as the absurdly OP wyvern lord

This is true, but it hardly matters, tbh.

Astra is a good mastery skill, though.

This is also true.

Edited by DragonFlames

Is most likely biased because of Mia.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Knows that I think you have to talk to a bird who caries you there.

Is correct. Too bad you have no way of knowing where the bird is or how to talk to them

Is correct.

Also as a heads up: there is a hidden timer that ticks down. When it reaches zero, the owl will drop you, no matter where you are.
You can't fly with the owl forever.

Ninja'd by Sooks!

Edited by DragonFlames

Would have probably get dropped by the owl at some point. XD

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Does not yet know that I learned that the hard way... that owl really didn’t care what happens to Mario xD

F

I... uh... learned that the hard way myself when I played the game way back in the day. XD

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You can literally buy them in droves on the tail end of part 3, together with their more powerful counterparts.
And Mia (and the other Trueblades) are very much strong enough to make effective use of them

Eh, they lack the punch that hand axes, shor axes and tomahawks provide. It is a bit of a small point, but you also get the SS axe before the SS sword. The lower strength cap hurts a little as well, as does the def/res cap.

6 might and 60% hit hurts a lot compared to javelin's 7 might and 65 hit and Hand axe's 9 might and 75 hit. Javelins are marginally better and hand axes are far superior.

If 40 Speed isn't enough, then no one in the game (except maybe a few laguz) doubles Ashera.

Ah, my bad.

This is true, but it hardly matters, tbh.

In the GM chapters, it sort of does- take the supply raid map. Haar can run over the fences and quickly do a lot of damage, (such as freeing horses, visitng tents or burning them down,) whereas Mia and the other infantry will not be able to do that. Later on, when Marcia, Tibarn, Naenae sala and Elincia join, they wil also reach combat long before infantry can, not to mention the likes of Geoffrey, Oscar, (who can earth/earth with ike for +45 avoid, 55 with daunt) Kieran and Titania. I think Cat laguz can as well, but they kinda suck, so they barely count. Lategame RD is also quite the lancefest, which neuters Mia's dodginess a little.

And it's not like 1-2 range is omega-important in RD anyhow.

Ehhh...Once part 3 hits, it really does become important. Pt.3 and 4 are very enemy phase based, (DB chapters aside) and even if it weren't, other potent units of the GMs, such as Boyd, Titania or Haar, will be able to use more powerful weapons and still double. (Haar less so, but he should still reasonably be very, very close to doubling at this point.)

This is also true.

I think it does cost 5 durability in this game, so it could unintentionally wreck your good weapons prematurely.

So, as a TL;DR, Trueblade lacks super canto, high mobility and variety of weapons that can be used, but are held back by weak 1-2 range and a low strength cap. The doubling power of trueblades is only helpful in Rebirth 1, 2 and 5, as well as the DB chapters of part 3 if you heavily invested into Zihark or Edward. They are sort of redeemed by their good-ish mastery skill, but overkill using five uses of a weapon when every other class overkills with one weapon use is a bit of a tough deal.

Ostensibly liked Mapno 64.

Edited by Benice

Plays a very hard level.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ostensibly liked Mapno 64.

Yep, sure did!

Eh, they lack the punch that hand axes, shor axes and tomahawks provide. It is a bit of a small point, but you also get the SS axe before the SS sword. The lower strength cap hurts a little as well, as does the def/res cap.

Never really bothered Mia from destroying everything in her path, even on the hardest difficulty (RD is the only FE game I ever finished on its hardest setting.)

6 might and 60% hit hurts a lot compared to javelin's 7 might and 65 hit and Hand axe's 9 might and 75 hit. Javelins are marginally better and hand axes are far superior.

This didn't really bother Mia much, either (Zihark and Edward on the other hand... yikes. XD)
And my axe units (with the sole exception being Haar) didn't hit shit anyhow, so *shrug*

In the GM chapters, it sort of does- take the supply raid map. Haar can run over the fences and quickly do a lot of damage, (such as freeing horses, visitng tents or burning them down,) whereas Mia and the other infantry will not be able to do that. Later on, when Marcia, Tibarn, Naenae sala and Elincia join, they wil also reach combat long before infantry can. I think Cat laguz can as well, but they kinda suck, so they barely count. Lategame RD is also quite the lancefest, which neuters Mia's dodginess a little.

I am admittedly one of the people who think people put too much stock into movement, but I use Haar to burn supplies on that map, while everyone else fights, meaning while Haar burns supplies, he's not fighting, leaving my other units to it.
Point is, every unit has a purpose and high mobility doesn't mean that this unit can do everything at once (especially not if that unit's stats are crap. In that case, the high mobility doesn't mean anything if they can't survive getting to enemies early).

As for Mia's dodginess: support her with Ike and give her or him the Daunt skill. Problem solved. XD

Ehhh...Once part 3 hits, it really does become important. Pt.3 and 4 are very enemy phase based, (DB chapters aside) and even if it weren't, other potent units of the GMs, such as Boyd, Titania or Haar, will be able to use more powerful weapons and still double. (Haar less so, but he should still reasonably be very, very close to doubling at this point.)

There are much more 1-range enemies than 2-range, though. And by Part 4, you have plenty of 1-2 range options for your swordies.
I am admittedly also one of the people who don't put too much stock into 1-2 range. As in, I kinda think it's a bit overrated. Let me rephrase that: completely disregarding a unit just because it doesn't have 1-2 range is, in my opinion, not a very good mindset. Yes, it has its advantages, but it's not everything.

So, as a TL;DR, Trueblade lacks super canto, high mobility and variety of weapons that can be used, but are held back by weak 1-2 range and a low strength cap. The doubling power of trueblades is only helpful in Rebirth 1, 2 and 5, as well as the DB chapters of part 3 if you heavily invested into Zihark or Edward. They are sort of redeemed by their good-ish mastery skill, but overkill using five uses of a weapon when every other class overkills with one weapon use is a bit of a tough deal.

Eh, I still like them. And Mia did more for me than Oscar, Boyd, or any of the others (except Haar) ever did on any playthrough of the game I did (of which there were at least 10).
Zihark and Edward are shit, though. No arguments there. XD

In any case, I know I'm probably 100% wrong on anything I'm saying here. So you can feel free to disregard it as the stupid ramblings they are

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

And my axe units (with the sole exception being Haar) didn't hit shit anyhow, so *shrug*

Boyd actually has basically the same base hit with their respective 1-2 range options-128 hit to Mia's 130. While Mia will have higher skill than Boyd at 20/20, she will only have 4 points of skill and four points of luck on Boyd-12 hit difference. Boyd has higher hit with a hand axe than Mia with a wind edge. She also only has +15% skill growth on Boyd. Not tiny, but not huge, and it's not like Boyd struggles with hitrates very much-142 hit with an iron axe is very, very respectable. Mia may have higher hit, but it is completely negligible. Urvan also has 110% hit, meaning that he will have an advantage of 207 hit to Mia's 189 with their SS weapons. 

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This didn't really bother Mia much, either (Zihark and Edward on the other hand... yikes. XD)

Edward is actually much stronger than Mia, and Zihark, (who will edge out Mia due to his higher strength cap,) and Stefan both eclipse her as well. Mia is the weakest of the swordlords strength-wise. (And they all tie for speed/skill, and Edward has a tiny lead on luck over Mia as well.) Zihark has the same base strength as her but joins much earlier, and is screwed over not by his stats, but by his avaliability.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I am admittedly one of the people who think people put too much stock into movement, but I use Haar to burn supplies on that map, while everyone else fights, meaning while Haar burns supplies, he's not fighting, leaving my other units to it.
Point is, every unit has a purpose and high mobility doesn't mean that this unit can do everything at once.

Haar can do both. Thanks to super canto, he can attack and move or burn and move, allowing him to pull tons of enemies to attack him. While not every unit with high mobility can do everything at once, if they ORKO the same as everyone else, they will see far more combat than anyone else. A unit who has capped everything at 40 and has one movement will be less useful than a unit who 2RKOs but has nine or ten movement and flies.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As for Mia's dodginess: support her with Ike and give her or him the Daunt skill. Problem solved. XD

A support with Ike+Daunt isn't Mia exclusive, so any unit with Earth affinity, (such as Zihark, who can join the GMs in 3-6) can do this as well, and better than Mia, arguably.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There are much more 1-range enemies than 2-range, though.

True, but mages and other 2 range enemies aren't uncommon either.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And by Part 4, you have plenty of 1-2 range options for your swordies.

Which are all still inferior to the 1-2 range options of the other weapon types. Combined with the low strength cap, this causes big problems. 50% hit for storm swords is really bad. Even thoguh their might is the same as Short axes, the lower hit makes them very unreliable. Tempest blades are slightly better but still innacurrate.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

am admittedly also one of the people who don't put too much stock into 1-2 range. As in, I kinda think it's a bit overrated

The thing is, a unit who doubles but doesn't ORKO, such as Mia, will defeat an enemy slower than a unit who 2HKOs, (Haar, for example,) and has 1-2 range. It adds versaitlity as well, and when enemies are super weak, having a weapon that will defeat all of them regardless of range is valuable.

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Eh, I still like them.

FORBIDDEN!

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And Mia did more for me than Oscar, Boyd, or any of the others (except Haar) ever did on any playthrough of the game I did (of which there were at least 10).

That is really uncanny luck, then, I guess.

Playing a mario that was not the 64th released.