• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sooks

• Benice

• Sidereal Wraith

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Boyd actually has basically the same base hit with their respective 1-2 range options-128 hit to Mia's 130. While Mia will have higher skill than Boyd at 20/20, she will only have 4 points of skill and four points of luck on Boyd-12 hit difference. Boyd has higher hit with a hand axe than Mia with a wind edge. She also only has +15% skill growth on Boyd. Not tiny, but not huge, and it's not like Boyd struggles with hitrates very much-142 hit with an iron axe is very, very respectable. Mia may have higher hit, but it is completely negligible. Urvan also has 110% hit, meaning that he will have an advantage of 207 hit to Mia's 189 with their SS weapons. 

I never used Boyd to the point where he became capable of using Urvan, since he hit the bench the moment I could, because he kept missing.

Edward is actually much stronger than Mia, and Zihark, (who will edge out Mia due to his higher strength cap,) and Stefan both eclipse her as well. Mia is the weakest of the swordlords strength-wise. (And they all tie for speed/skill, and Edward has a tiny lead on luck over Mia as well.) Zihark has the same base strength as her but joins much earlier, and is screwed over not by his stats, but by his avaliability.

Same thing with Edward. The guy was a downright liability in Part One, and he never saw any use beyond that.
Not to mention I kinda don't like his character, and I don't use characters I don't like on sheer principle, no matter how good they are as units.

Haar can do both. Thanks to super canto, he can attack and move or burn and move, allowing him to pull tons of enemies to attack him. While not every unit with high mobility can do everything at once, if they ORKO the same as everyone else, they will see far more combat than anyone else. A unit who has capped everything at 40 and has one movement will be less useful than a unit who 2RKOs but has nine or ten movement and flies.

Sure, sure.
But in this case, the other unit has 6 move, which is still enough for me to not completely disregard them.

A support with Ike+Daunt isn't Mia exclusive, so any unit with Earth affinity, (such as Zihark, who can join the GMs in 3-6) can do this as well, and better than Mia, arguably.

You can still use it to make Mia more dodgy is my point.

Which are all still inferior to the 1-2 range options of the other weapon types. Combined with the low strength cap, this causes big problems. 50% hit for storm swords is really bad. Even thoguh their might is the same as Short axes, the lower hit makes them very unreliable. Tempest blades are slightly better but still innacurrate.

Mia still had 100 hit against everything I used these swords on.
Edward and Zihark on the other hand... oof.

The thing is, a unit who doubles but doesn't ORKO, such as Mia, will defeat an enemy slower than a unit who 2HKOs, (Haar, for example,) and has 1-2 range. It adds versaitlity as well, and when enemies are super weak, having a weapon that will defeat all of them regardless of range is valuable.

Yeah, you're right. I get it.
I still think people put too much stock in it, but eh. Personal preference, I guess.

FORBIDDEN!

This coming from the guy who deliberately gimps himself by only using the bottom tier garbage when he can. XD

That is really uncanny luck, then, I guess.

Yup.
As Shrimpy always says, everyone's experience with FE will be different. What works for one person might not work for another and vice versa.

Thanks for the discussion, Benice! ^^
But you must learn one thing about me: I'm usually wrong about everything when FE is concerned. You could've just said "You're an idiot" and left it at that. XD

---

Made me go
ZtnsSxv.jpg

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But you must learn one thing about me: I'm usually wrong about everything when FE is concerned. You could've just said "You're an idiot" and left it at that. XD

Made an objectively incorrect statement.

Agrees that a visual novel about oatmeal is weird.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Made an objectively incorrect statement.

It's not incorrect when it's true. My views on unit and class viabilities are very, VERY wrong. And I know and accept that fact.
Which is why I tend to not discuss it usually, but in this case, I felt like doing so, in the process completely wasting Benice's time.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's not incorrect when it's true. My views on unit and class viabilities are very, VERY wrong.

It is incorrect when RNG makes everyone's experience different. And discussing that with anyone is never a waste of time, at least among the people on forum games. I mean, people talk about how great a unit like Jill is, but she was garbage for me, so...

I'd say he should give himself more credit (which is true regardless), but then I'd be a hypocrite.

Ninja'd but it's true.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Posted another lie. You made good arguments, there's no need to dismiss yourself!

Thought my arguments were good.
Thanks! Yours too! 👍

Also, just to be clear, I'd never disagree with you on a weapon with 50 hit being pretty awful under regular circumstances.
I just never had much issue with them with that one unit I've used, whereas the other two... struggled. A lot!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It is incorrect when RNG makes everyone's experience different. And discussing that with anyone is never a waste of time, at least among the people on forum games. I mean, people talk about how great a unit like Jill is, but she was garbage for me, so...

I never had a good Jill myself, strangely enough.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd say he should give himself more credit (which is true regardless), but then I'd be a hypocrite.

I'm a hypocrite too, since I tell that to people all the time. XD

---

Ninjafalchion'd me.

Edited by DragonFlames