Post a fact about the person above! 2.0 Edition

null

Will hopefully soon be able to reach NREM-3, much like myself.

...Why do I talk so weirdly at night?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sooks

• Benice

• Sidereal Wraith

Top Posters In This Topic

Now knows that my pfp is of Mizuki Okiura from the Somnium Files.

She is very cool, and perhaps my second favorite game character!

9 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Likes video games.

Also probably doesn’t want to know that when I googled The Somnium Files, the first image that I clicked on was some chick called Iris comparing the rush from sticking your hand out of a car going a hundred to “holding D-cups”.

Edited by Sooks

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Also probably doesn’t want to know that when I googled The Somnium Files, the first image that I clicked on was some chick called Iris comparing the rush from sticking your hand out of a car going a hundred to “holding D-cups”.

...Look, there is a lore reason for her saying that, okay?

The game IS turbo horny, though. You've gotta be prepared for that if you play it. It's also very red, which surprised me considering all the cute anime girls in it.

Knows not how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Could play The Somnium Files to find out! I know you do enjoy some VNs, and Somnium is a very good one IMO- It's a gripping murder mystery set in the near future with some neat gadgets; it has a couple of route splits and some really neat stuff going on, the English voice acting is excellent, the characters are all super expressive and evoke strong emotions from me, almost all of the routes are good, and the Somnium puzzles themselves are really neat. The whole narrative is full of twists and turns, yet it somehow weaves everything all together into the climax of the story. It's also surprisingly dark, so do be prepared for that; if you don't mind a degenerate sense of humour, the game manages to be super funny as well, and it gives it so much colour and life. IMO there is kind of a best order of doing things, but eh, I don't wanna spoil the whole thing for you. Just... Don't pick the balloon route in the second Somnium... Please...

And hey, the sequel comes out in eleven days! If you end up really liking it, you can go straight into the next one.

If you ain't gonna play the game, though:

Spoiler

Iris has terminal brain cancer, which causes her to say weird things sometimes, or have breaks from reality; her route's all about that.

Edited by Benice

Also instinctively clicked on the spoilers. Which I did too… for some reason.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Could play The Somnium Files to find out! I know you do enjoy some VNs, and Somnium is a very good one IMO- It's a gripping murder mystery set in the near future with some neat gadgets; it has a couple of route splits and some really neat stuff going on, the English voice acting is excellent, the characters are all super expressive and evoke strong emotions from me, almost all of the routes are good, and the Somnium puzzles themselves are really neat. The whole narrative is full of twists and turns, yet it somehow weaves everything all together into the climax of the story. It's also surprisingly dark, so do be prepared for that; if you don't mind a degenerate sense of humour, the game manages to be super funny as well, and it gives it so much colour and life. IMO there is kind of a best order of doing things, but eh, I don't wanna spoil the whole thing for you. Just... Don't pick the balloon route in the second Somnium... Please...

And hey, the sequel comes out in eleven days! If you end up really liking it, you can go straight into the next one.

If you ain't gonna play the game, though:

Reveal hidden contents

Iris has terminal brain cancer, which causes her to say weird things sometimes, or have breaks from reality; her route's all about that.

That actually sounds neat. There‘a a route about balloons? And it’s the bad one?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

There‘a a route about balloons? And it’s the bad one?

One of the key features of The Somnium Files is the Somniums, which are puzzle worlds inside of people's minds; some Somniums have multiple solutions, with each path leading to a different route. The way the routes are divided is completely arbitrary most of the time*, such as this one, where you have the choice to interact with a cage full of balloons or a cage full of paper. It's only really a problem because the Balloon route is much, much lower quality than the rest of the game. Everything else is top-notch, though! It's tolerable as long as you don't do the balloons first.

*Like, the route you go on if you interact with the balloons has nothing to do with balloons.

Expressed interest in a VN earlier, and has a minor spoiler on it.

Should know that it's available on the Switch, PC and Xbox; it's on gamepass as well. (I assume that it's on Ps4/5 as well, but I on't know fur sure)

Edited by Benice

Is perhaps right? Male character is such a broad category that favorite would be hard to pick, different characters from different stories or serving different roles in the plot are trying to do different stuff, and as a result my exact answer might change depending on my mood. Those two are great though.

The same is true for female characters too, of course. As long as they’re purely being judged on their characters, otherwise it’s just a matter of size—