Fire Emblem Heroes - Feh Channel (June 15, 2020)

Landmaster

23 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  • ...something about Feh's new voice actress still rubs me the wrong way... maybe it's how she doesn't sound quite so "sleepy" anymore?

I think I prefer the old actress too. The previous one feels like she has more attitude and personality. The new one sounds more like she is reading from a script. The new actress is not bad, I just think the previous actress voices Feh better.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

There is one thing I don't know how to feel about though...
Why in Hel's domain did Feh think ANYTHING would happen by throwing Sharena at a bulky Green dragon? You aren't exchanging tips with Manga Kiran, are you?

Some birds are smart. Feh is not one of them.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Seems there's about a 30% chance of getting no red orb on the free summon. That's a bit frustrating, but even accounting for that, my odds of getting Tiki are about 13.7%. Which is a lot better than 0%.

Red orb is the best case scenario for me, as I have none of those units.  But after the nonsense from some of the other summon sessions (zero green orbs in the Green gauntlet banners), I won't hold my breath.

Hmm, to confirm the maths, the odds of any single orb non-red is 19/24. So the probability of 5 orbs being non-red is (19/24)^5 = 31.1%.

23.7% chance for no blue, or no green.

17.8% chance for no grey.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hmm, to confirm the maths, the odds of any single orb non-red is 19/24. So the probability of 5 orbs being non-red is (19/24)^5 = 31.1%.

23.7% chance for no blue, or no green.

17.8% chance for no grey.

So a 1.3% chance of no orbs appearing, got it!  😛

My preference is red > green > blue > gray, and I'm not liking these odds.  RNG be nice please!

1 hour ago, Dai said:

M-Marth is a big, dumb, cinnamon roll.

I love how everyone always has a way to tease on Lucina on her fashion sense LOL. It’s one of those little quirks I’m glad is constantly being referenced with her.

Also: I miss old Mia 😞 

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I think I prefer the old actress too. The previous one feels like she has more attitude and personality. The new one sounds more like she is reading from a script. The new actress is not bad, I just think the previous actress voices Feh better.

Oh yeah that to. Feh is still a character, not just a medium for delivering news.
Makes me think of Notte from Dragalia Lost and all the spunk she has to spare...

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

‘I’ll race you’

You’re on a horse Mia, that’s just unfair!

Don't worry they're on the beach, Mia can barely move farther than a crippled turtle.

Okay. Kiran is a big eavesdropper. ...Being privy to all those personal conversations makes sense now.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Even though I don't like Mia, I actually thought this was rather cute.

Random question: since sometimes I hear you say "I don't like X, but this time I liked what X did", what kind of interaction or event would the developers need to create about Mia to make you like her?

Or rather, is such a thing even possible? Has it ever happened before that you changed your mind about about a FE character after disliking them for a long time?

The question is obviously not directed at me, but personally it's because I have a really low opinion of the whole shallow "I want nothing else but to train to become the best swordsperson evah!" trope which apparently suffices as the entire character summary of an entire swathe of FE characters. Short of a complete personality transplant, that's not something that's fixable.

This is coupled with my distaste of the fetishisation of swords as the "cool" weapon in all sorts of fiction, belying its role in actual most periods of history. As a consequence, I'm naturally biased against all sword-wielding classes in general.

43 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Random question: since sometimes I hear you say "I don't like X, but this time I liked what X did", what kind of interaction or event would the developers need to create about Mia to make you like her?

Or rather, is such a thing even possible? Has it ever happened before that you changed your mind about about a FE character after disliking them for a long time?

They'd have to change her design a little and make her more than just "I want to find my rival!" and "spar with me!" personality-wise. She's just one of the less attractive females in this series to me, though I of course don't think she's ugly. I also think she could use a support or some form of interaction with Boyd. He's rather competitive and I think they would have gotten along.

And how would I change her design? Well, I wouldn't change it drastically. Make her hair a little neater (particularly in PoR, because I think it looks worse there), and make it more purple than it is, especially in RD. In PoR the deeper purple is almost there, but it's closer to blue for some reason in RD. The secondary color scheme she has (purple, green, orange) just doesn't work the way she has it here, it feels clashy. Her green eyes are too bright to me. I'd make it a little darker or a little paler. And as an alternative to making her hair more purple than it is, switch her hair color with the orange of her outfit so she has orange hair and a purple outfit. Though I do admit, secondary color scheme is one of my lesser liked schemes in the world of color. As someone that loves studying color, I really look at how well the colors of a design work together.

Edited by Anacybele

Has anyone heard Mia's new voice actor anywhere else? Out of curiosity I tried looking up "Robin Bell voice actor" but all I'm getting is unrelated stuff (mostly to the guy who voiced Robin in the 2003 Teen Titans show). 

Oh yeah, I approve of Mia's new VA. Lani Minella sucks and this was actually another more minor reason I didn't like Mia. I just couldn't stand her voice in Heroes, though the one voiced line she had in RD was okay.

I forgot to address how I'd improve Mia's character. Basically, I just want to know more about her than just her desire to find this rival she thinks exists and see another side of her or two besides the competitiveness. I want to know a bit about where she's from (apparently it's Begnion for whatever reason according to the artbooks but this is only ever mentioned in said books, so I'd like to know why she left Begnion and went to Crimea since the Crimeans hired her before she got captured) and a bit about her family and stuff.

Technically, I have a similar complaint about Kieran who I am a big fan of. It's just that in his case, I think what we do see of him is entertaining and sometimes hilarious. lol And he's a handsome guy. 😛 But the only reason Kieran is not ranked as high for me as Ike or Sylvain or Frederick for instance is the lack of depth. Obviously, we do know he's from Crimea, but we know nothing about his life before becoming a knight or his family.

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, Alistair said:

Has anyone heard Mia's new voice actor anywhere else? Out of curiosity I tried looking up "Robin Bell voice actor" but all I'm getting is unrelated stuff (mostly to the guy who voiced Robin in the 2003 Teen Titans show). 

It’s most likely an alias for union stuff. It’s complicated and messy but what can ya do.

21 hours ago, Dai said:

M-Marth is a big, dumb, cinnamon roll.

Lucy is adorable here. I love that girl. The yuri is strong with these two and I love it. 

As for my personal opinion on Mia. She’s a cute anime girl with a sword and that’s honestly all I really need to like a character sometimes.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

The yuri is strong with these two and I love it. 

...Huh? Since when is wanting to swim and race to the water together sexual?

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Huh? Since when is wanting to swim and race to the water together sexual?

Just because something evokes the idea of yuri/lesbianism does not mean it is sexual. It could just be romantic. Bridal Beloveds Micaiah and Sothe are clearly straight, but no one is saying straightness is sexual.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Just because something evokes the idea of yuri/lesbianism does not mean it is sexual. It could just be romantic. Bridal Beloveds Micaiah and Sothe are clearly straight, but no one is saying straightness is sexual.

Okay then. I don't see how it has any romantic vibes either.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Okay then. I don't see how it has any romantic vibes either.

I do not either, but people perceive things differently and different people looking at the same thing can each get different ideas and emotions.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not either, but people perceive things differently and different people looking at the same thing can each get different ideas and emotions.

This much is true, yes.