Gameplay-wise, who is your favorite Early Game prepromote in the franchise?

Benice

A generic poll.  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Early game prepromote?

• FE1 Jagen
    • FE3 Arran
    • FE4 Gen 1 Sigurd
    • FE4 Gen 2 Oifey
    • FE5 Eyvel
    • FE6 Marcus
    • FE7 Marcus
    • FE8 Seth
    • FE9 Titania
    • FE10 Sothe
    • FE11 Jagen
    • FE12 Arran
    • FE13 Frederick
    • FE14 Jacob
    • FE14 Felicia

22 hours ago, ping said:

FE6!Marcus, easily. Most well-balanced Jeigan in the series - crucial, but not immortal in the earlygame, slowly fading in usefulness during the midgame. On HM, he's even exactly strong (or weak) enough to set up kills on any ch.1 enemy for any of your other units.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel that a few too many of the Jeigans in the series are far too powerful for their own good. I mean, yeah, I like Seth and Titania as much as the next guy, but you know they make for terrible Jeigans when it's more or less impossible to keep them from killing things. At that point, they don't serve to help the rest of the army out of a bind, they just outclass the rest of the army. Why use anyone else when you could just throw the prepromote at the enemy and be done with it?

Arran, Jagen and FE6!Marcus are the best Jeigans, I believe, because they're versatile but don't break the game in two by themselves. They can soften up enemies or kill them if they wish, but they cannot singlehandedly finish maps. Marcus is less versatile than Arran, and Jagen is just Arran but worse, thus Arran gets my vote.

Truly well designed units from an age of an entirely different design philosophy. Hoorah for Jeigans that don't steal experience.

10 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

mini-Jagen

23 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

mini Jeigan Marcus

True intellectuals.

What is a mini Jeigan?

7 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Where is the "None of them"  option?

Which one would you say is your least disliked, out of curiosity?

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What is a mini Jeigan?

It's a stronger than average early-game unit with the purpose of weakening enemies for other units, while still being having decent-good growths and being a sustainable units. They also normally are at a higher level than other units in the early-game, but generally are not promoted. This is different from an Oifey, who just kills everything, and a regular Jagen, who falls off around midgame. Mini-Jagens are normally good enough to be continually used without much hindrance. Good examples of Mini-Jagens are Oswin, Gray, Dieke, and as is prudent for this case, Felicia

• FE6 Marcus is the most essential prepromote for carrying through the first seven chapters.
  • Sothe and Titania have a few chapters in earlygame they are essential.
  • Never ever needed to use FE7 Marcus and Seth in hard mode.
  • Eyvel's purpose is to tank the enemies in the "arena".
  • Sigurd is a lord, so my answer. 

From the gameplay aspect it's definitely Marcus.

I always found the first few non-Lyn mode chapters in FE7 pretty boring, so Marcus is such a godsend there and I never hold him back during those chapters. The scrubs are teaming up to take some some people meanwhile Marcus is taking another path to make some bandits disappear over the enemy phase.

Man I love FE7 Marcus. FE6 Marcus too. I just really like Marcus in general.

Jakob, there's so much stuff this guy can do.

Good enough strength stat to put a dent in enemies, at consistent 1-2 range.

Daggers means he debuffs whoever he doesn't kill.

From level 15 onward, he's dodging spells all-day, everyday.

Staff support for healing, repositioning, etc. Heals himself in the process.

Don't want any of that? Make him a Paladin, instant 8 move.

Can pair-up with Corrin to significantly improve their survivability.

Can form two babbies with their Lord in like 4 chapters (try that, Jagen).

Felicia is somewhat similar for M!Corrin, but with better healing, less damage, and no Paladin option. I usually go F!Corrin, so I prefer Jakob.

FE5 Dagdar
Really bulky unit that joins with the 2nd highest HP base out of any recruitable unit, can use the brave axe of the first chapter very well and stays relevant throughout the entire game.
He even gets +3 move in the final chapter if he died before and gets turned into a deadlord. 😄