Gold or silver material..

Hello guys.

When I defeat enemy characters (for example, Chrom, Azura and so on..), sometimes I get silver character material, and sometimes gold character materials..

I didn't use any blessing, or any material attributes at using weapons.

Can I know how to get exact rank character material? Not mixed gold and silver..

By any chance, does level or promoted status of enemy characters decide whether I can get gold or silver material?

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think the only way to really influence them are blessings. Though killing enough enemies with your Awakening mode does give you a temporary material rate boost that might influence it.

Wow! That can be a reason. 

Thanks!

One thing I'll say is that you shouldn't get too disappointed at silver materials. There are certain characters whose valuable Skills means you'll need a lot of their gold material (Marth, Ryoma, Niles, Chrom, and Celica being the main ones, since you want their skills on everyone), but for everyone else, you'll be using a LOT more of their silver materials (especially for weapon potential unlocks).

8 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

One thing I'll say is that you shouldn't get too disappointed at silver materials. There are certain characters whose valuable Skills means you'll need a lot of their gold material (Marth, Ryoma, Niles, Chrom, and Celica being the main ones, since you want their skills on everyone), but for everyone else, you'll be using a LOT more of their silver materials (especially for weapon potential unlocks).

I didn't know that.

Thanks! So I need to collect any silver or gold material eventually.

Because I need them afterward. Thanks!

I earned more info than I thought!

Thanks!

On 6/16/2020 at 1:10 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think the only way to really influence them are blessings. Though killing enough enemies with your Awakening mode does give you a temporary material rate boost that might influence it.

It can but the blessings are much more effective at controlling the outcomes.

It's probably not the most helpful hint but some history mode maps are great for grinding generic silver materials and with them a half-decent amount of gold. You can always grind those a little to get the upper hand on your budget for more consistent blessings to get specific character materials.

You have a rare chance of getting gold materials over silver materials when you defeat a named enemy. Both are important and useful, but you can skew the odds. Awakening Mode increases the chances of getting gold materials after a certain KO threshold, and the Divining weapon attribute and the Rare Materials Blessing passively increase the odds as well. If you want the opposite, the Common Materials Blessing makes it more likely for you to get silver materials.

The same holds true for generic enemy captains dropping bronze or silver.