New Pokemon Snap!!

Anacybele

One of my long time dreams has finally come true!!

NEW POKEMON SNAP FOR NINTENDO SWITCH!!

I LOVED THIS GAME ON N64 AND I AM SO HYPED. I've wanted a new game for so many years. I'm like crying tears of joy...

Here's the Twitter post with the trailer!

It looks so beautiful too. 🤩

Edited by eclipse

hqdefault.jpg

So they finally do it.

One console too late to save the Wii U.

I wonder who's the dev team, how it'll be structured, if you can play it handheld by moving the Switch around, the game length (because a game with the whole dex could be gigantic.). But hey, Snapokefans finally get something. Let's hope it works grand when it's out.

I'm glad there's finally a sequel and even gladder that Bamco is in charge of it. Looks beautiful, especially the water areas. Can't wait to see more of it. Looking forward to have Oak call my pictures thrash again.

I have a few thin memories of Snap, a sequel at last is delightful. It isn't exactly the greatest gameplay, but a short, relaxing experience is still good and has a place in this day and age where all gaming sensibilities can be catered to.

My one concern is cost and content. By modern standards, Snap could seem in retrospect to be overpriced for what it was. Will Snap 2 have substantially more content, or will it be cheaper than full retail price?

never played the original game, but i'm really looking forward to this sequel
also, i hope gen2 and 4 get at least a decent amount of representation, gen2's been kinda forgotten lately (aka since X and Y)

"Man they'll never get me to buy another pokemon game at this rate" *throws wallet into void of broken dreams*

*A moment passes, a pester ball comes from out of the same void and bonks you on the head. And a voice echoes* "You were close"

On one hand, this is cool.  I liked the idea way back when, but didn't have the console.

On the other hand, the all-caps is a little excessive, so I'll keep the wording and change the case.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

On the other hand, the all-caps is a little excessive, so I'll keep the wording and change the case.

I disagree with this, personally, since it wasn't a long title with a ton of crazy letters and words. But since I'm not a mod, there's nothing to be done about it. Your decision.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree with this, personally, since it wasn't a long title with a ton of crazy letters and words. But since I'm not a mod, there's nothing to be done about it. Your decision.

All-caps in a topic title is generally frowned upon.  While a new Pokemon Snap is exciting, it's not the kind of thing that will end global starvation.

Just now, eclipse said:

All-caps in a topic title is generally frowned upon.  While a new Pokemon Snap is exciting, it's not the kind of thing that will end global starvation.

I've never heard of anybody frowning upon an all caps title unless it was long and crazy and such, which mine wasn't. But again, your decision, so I'm not going to change it back or argue. And of course it won't end global starvation, that obviously wasn't something I intended to convey. xP

This spin-off game looks so much more beautiful than Pokemon Sword and Shield. That water ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE GOOD WATER. AND HAS RIPPLES AND SPLASHES.