What is your stance on duo heroes in New Heroes banners?

Duo Heroes in New Heroes Banners  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Duo Heroes be added in New Heroes banners?

• Yes, including alts
    • Yes, as long as both are actually New. It's two New Heroes for the price of one!
    • Yes, as long as both are new and have a strong relationship with one another.
    • No. Never. Bad. Me no likey.
  2. 2. Should Duo Heroes introduced in NH banners be part of the permanent summoning pool?

• Yes, always.
    • Only if one character is new.
    • Only if both characters are new.
    • No.
  3. 3. Bonus Question - Legendary/Mythic Duos?

• Yay
    • Nay

For my choice, I'm of the mind that if both characters are new and they are strongly related, this could be a good way to add New Heroes faster. And I think that if the heroes are actually new, they should be added to the permanent summoning pool.

A few examples I'd be okay with:

Bastian/Lucia

Bord/Cord

Pent/Louise

Moar powah = moar good.

I'd happily accept Duo Heroes anywhere and everywhere. Best of all, you never have to fight Duo heroes yourself in actual combat (AR/Arena defense doesn't count) so there's not even a downside to letting other players have unfettered access to them. If every single unit released from now on was a Duo hero, I'd have zero complaints.

I like how duo heroes showcase interaction between two characters, so seeing them anywhere is fine with me, whether they're new or not. If they're new, cool. If they're not, then we get to see another side of them. So for me, it's win-win.

I do not mind them. They can pair whoever they want and add Duo Heroes into any Foci they want. Being in New Heroes Foci would be great since they can be guaranteed summons.

Edited by XRay

I wouldn't really like it. For one, if there would be more ones, they probably wouldn't put them in the pool, and also, it means that the backup character is pretty much wasted. To take one of OP's examples, what if I want to have Bastian and Lucia seperate? Why do I need to drag Lucia around if I just want Bastian? The reason I like Duo units is that for now at least, it's seasonal only, and for the one example in the NH pool, it's alt-only, meaning I can actually run the units included on their own if I want.

Under two conditions:

1. Both Duo Heroes must already be available in the general summoning pool, so something like Niles/Odin is fair game.
2. The Duo effect shouldn't be as bonkers as Micaiah's.

22 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I wouldn't really like it. For one, if there would be more ones, they probably wouldn't put them in the pool, and also, it means that the backup character is pretty much wasted. To take one of OP's examples, what if I want to have Bastian and Lucia seperate? Why do I need to drag Lucia around if I just want Bastian? The reason I like Duo units is that for now at least, it's seasonal only, and for the one example in the NH pool, it's alt-only, meaning I can actually run the units included on their own if I want.

This is a perspective I get and largely agree with.

what i expect from New Heroes Banners is, surprise surprise, new heroes, so count me in the "No Alts" team

i'm fine with duo heroes as long as they're both new (and of course there should be a strong reason for them to be a duo hero) and stay in the permanent pool

wouldn't mind Legendary/Mythic duo heroes, but i'd prefer them not to be a thing

I'd be fine with it if it's the face unit's first New Hero version, but there isn't an option for that, only ones that say the secondary unit has to be new as well. 

Edited by Othin

No, nope, and nah. Admittedly, I don't have that good of a reason as to why duos shouldn't be part of the summoning pool, but however shitty my reasons may be, IS has already decided that they're not doing it.

I don't like Duo (or Harmonized) heroes as a concept so the less of them we see, the better. Also, let's not kid ourselves. Duo and Harmonic heroes are going to be popular characters who already have or will get a shitton of alts. We didn't really "need" to have Harmonized Heroes when Duos were already a thing, the "Mia interacted with 'Marth' in the Tempest" is just the excuse they're throwing out so that this pair isn't so random. But Mia being the lead here shows that other Harmonized Heroes can be totally random popular characters with no plot relevance, unlike the previous Duos where the leads were either a lord or the final boss.

So, if IS decided to make a duo hero of characters like ... I don't know, those bandit bosses who come in pairs (you guys know what I'm talking about) or other characters where their identities are so intertwined making them a duo doesn't hurt the support partner very much, that would be okay. But again, IS isn't gonna do that. I'll be surprised if Harmonized isn't an excuse to give Hector and Ephraim more alts, giving Marth another alt he doesn't want because he still hasn't gotten CYL, continuing to ignore Sigurd and Seliph or making them the support partner to someone totally WTF while ignoring the freaking obvious ... yeah. I'm not optimistic here.

Edited by Sunwoo

I'm okay with Duo Units on New Hero banners, so long as they're added to the permanent summoning pool. It's super dumb that Ephraim/Lyon wasn't added. I'd be okay with Legendary/Mythic Duo Units, too, so long as it made sense. Ninian and Nils, for example, would work very well for a Duo Legendary.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Yes to all three because... seriously, why not? Let the game try new stuff.

exactly and thank you. 
that's my stance. bring them in. try new things. pair new people together. i will maintain if people don't like it - chances are they have great fodder, or you don't summon and you save your orbs. win win scenario.