Resonant Battles General Thread

Vicious Sal

First, looks like the base score increase by 5 with each interval. At interval 4 my base score is 265, which before at interval 1 was 250.

Ok... about the map... Shadow Dragon and Awakening are both games that I have a good amount of unit that are really good. Shadow Dragon is a special case here, since my first +10 unit is from that game (OG Marth). Although I used a different Marth for this clear. I did it in my first try, after almost an hour to planning... checking every item on the map and what each unit could do.

At first, that Special Blade at the beginning looks that didn't do much, right? Well, that special charged on Caeda allowed to Clair to attack Caeda instead of Catria. Without special charged, Catria would attack first and kill her (I discovered it when I decided to record it a 2nd time. Watching this clear I was thinking that special blade wasn't necessary, but it was). Also, I kinda did a different move in this clear compared to my first clear. At turn 3, originally I moved Caeda and then I used the Dance Veil. This time I moved Marth first and then Caeda. Then I noticed that Marth could be the one to be refreshed... but in the end it didn't matter since he could defeat Genny in player phase.

About the units I picked... Young Marth was the first one that came in mind, since he is pretty OP. I would be able to cover the left side with him and a dancer without problems, and Flying Olivia was picked because of better mobility and buffs when dance is used. For the right side, my plan was to kill Python and then smite my unit up to kill Clair as well, but then I noticed Aerobatics on Catria and it could be a problem, since she is very strong and has Atk/Spd Bond 4. I needed to kill a green unit, then tank a lance and a sword... Young Caeda came in mind, since she does effective damage against all these 3 foes, and she has vantage at full HP against Clair and Catria. Then, the 4th unit was decided to be Young Palla, because I would need to make Caeda reach the thief in the top as quick as possible, and Palla's Duo Skill would do the job. I even gave Palla WoM, so she could teleport to Caeda and smite her, but I actually forgot that your units heal after each kill. Oops. Thanks Naga that it didn't affect my strategy. Also, I didn't consider Genny healing Clair... I though I would have to deal with her Gravity by baiting her with Marth in Turn 2. That also helped me.

Honestly, I really liked this map. It made me think and plan each move a lot because of the limited tries. If wasn't for the whale system of merges on Harmonized Heroes, I would like this mode way more than I already do.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uggh. I really dislike modes with limited attempts. I imagine rather than ever playing myself I'll just wait for guides. Which makes it a non-mode for me. There is only so much preplanning that I enjoy doing and gamemodes with hard limits on attempts just require the preplanning to literally be the entire match ran in your head before you ever hit the challenge button and thus I can't experiment/play around and enjoy myself. Combine this with me being a hoarder for items/attempts and you end up with a mode that just makes me anxious. Which isn't fun.

Edit- Looks like someone already has up a rough guide - I haven't tried using it yet, because it requires both carries to be ranged. Something that only gets mentioned in the comments and not in the images.

Edited by Usana

I got to wipe the dust off of F!Grima, Dancer Inigo, and Summer Linde. That 4* Cynthia I had sitting around found some use too. Thankfully I didn't have to do any skill Inheritance, only my Inigo needed WoM, which is standard anyway.

Took 4 attempts but I beat it with Yarne, Panne, M!Morgan and Phina. Since Yarne can use Galeforce, he's a godsend for this mode. I kept missing that farthest blue Thief on the right but was able to get him when I switched in Panne and managed to grab Dancer's Veil in time.

I got a Mia today, and alrady used her in Resonant Battles. She is very cool to use. To see Mae, that would do 40 damage to her, to do only 10... that's nice.

And to make my strat work, I followed Feh's advice: Pivot on Summer Mia. LOL

What's the point of giving 1 movement if Val Catria can use Aerobatics.

Welp, I'm still moving forward but I hate this game mode already.

I used Pheonixmaster1's guide, and I used double SP!Mias. My score is 366. Rank 44 right now! Never been in the top 1,000 in a Coliseum mode before!

Edited by XRay

Awakening...Awakening...nope, I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard of that title.

Phina, Young Caeda, Duo Palla, and Caeda cruised to victory. Catria died on the EP of T1 because 3 Mov + Feather Sword is fair and balanced. Special shout-out to Mae, who managed to deal enough damage to Caeda before getting taken out by Glacies to keep her under 50% HP for WoM shenanigans on the following turn.

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Phina, Young Caeda, Duo Palla, and Caeda cruised to victory. Catria died on the EP of T1 because 3 Mov + Feather Sword is fair and balanced. Special shout-out to Mae, who managed to deal enough damage to Caeda before getting taken out by Glacies to keep her under 50% HP for WoM shenanigans on the following turn.

Nice! Duo Palla is great in this mode thanks to the Duo skill. I also killed Catria with Feather Sword. When I saw that I needed someone to tank both Clair and Catria, Young Caeda was the one that came in my mind. Too bad mine is -Atk.

Sent in Legendary Chrom, Legendary Lucina, regular Olivia, and my +10 Aversa. I was worried when I saw the stats, but they made short work of it on my first attempt, bypassing Leon and Mae to clear out the rest of the map in 3 turns.

Managed to score 346 on my second run, putting me well within the top 1000.

1. +HP L!Lucina+2: Future Vision for the win.
  2. +HP Harmonic!Mia+1: For the bonus and being solid ranged cavalry.
  3. +Atk Lucina+3: Mostly for smacking Python and Repositioning.
  4. Y!Minerva+1: Also mostly for Repositioning.

No last-minute skill optimization or dancers necessary, although I did use some pretty good units to begin with. L!Lucina was just strong enough to one-round a lot of the thieves thanks to the Swift Sparrow seal, which allowed me to quickly clean up the two distant ones.

Thank Naga they gave us more runs. I had to use 8 tries, half of those were because of Dierdre and her Swift Stance + Divine Naga. As of typing this I'm 5 places away from getting kick out of Interval 10, and there are even people on my friend's list who have Mia, so anyone of them can kick everyone who doesn't have her down to Interval 9, which is whatever it was bound to start happening.

Edited by LoneStar

Another map completed in my first try. Then I spend a 2nd try to redo my clear, in case I forget something for the video, and a 3rd try to record it. Having 9 tries now is way better.

I was kinda worried with Ced and Shannan in the right side, since would be quite difficult to avoid them with a ground unit... but then I remember Tibarn exists, and with his guaranteed follow-up he can skip Shannan and kill Ced right away. Just needed to have 3 movement, which being adjacent to Reyson granted to him. For the left side, Mia and Yune did the job. If I didn't have Mia, I would probably use Python with a brave bow or even his Short Bow.

Also... I didn't mention it here, but I did in a discord group I participate: Looks like the bonus units willç always be one game that follows the filter order (starting with Heroes and ending with TMS), and the Harmozined Hero's games.

It took me until my last attempt and regrettably required me to pull out Reyson, but I managed to get a score of 361 for a very comfortable Interval 10 placing. Shannan, Ced, and the lake in the center made things much trickier than they would have been otherwise, but I figured something out in the end.

1. +Atk Altina+3: It's a good thing she flies. Deirdre and Ced got absolutely destroyed.
  2. +HP Harmonic!Mia+1: For the bonus and being solid ranged cavalry. I had to give her a seal to tank a hit from Seliph, but she did a very good job once again. 
  3. +HP/-Res Reyson: For dancing Altina across the lake.
  4. +Atk/-Res Yune: Repositioning, chipping, and debuffing Seliph.

Same team as before with BAEsala, Tibarn, NY!Lethe and Reyson~ I had to do two tries since this one was a bit more annoying for Lethe with some trees

Next week is Awakening again so I'll likely use the Yarne team again~ They're making it easy by reusing Awakening and RD over and over for now~

I really appreciate those more runs.

Manage to clean the map with Altena, Leanne, Legendary Ike and Legendary Celica

Having 4 arena modes to run is a giant pain in the ass.

I threw Tibarn at the problem. He moves far.

Tibarn went up the right side, then hooked left around Seliph to snipe the thieves on the top left. Mordecai Smites Dancer Micaiah past Shannan to snipe the thief on the top right. Summer Mia takes out the thief on the left and then chills out in front of Seliph because Seliph is an annoying piece of shit.

I really need to properly build my Laguz and Awakening units at some point.

Season 4, being Genealogy and Awakening was... still easy. Thanks to Legendary Leif that is also considered a Genealogy hero. One of the thieves escaped in my first try, but then I changed Olivia's seal and was able to do it.

With that said, one Harmonized Hero is not enough to reach Interval 13. I am only able to reach Interval 12.

Next season will be Radiant Dawn and Thracia. Still following the rule: One game is following the filter, the other game represents the current Harmozined Hero.

Manage to do it in a single try.

Leaving the closest thiefs from you alive is a good strategy, once again Yarne carried, clearing the left side by himself and slipping past Leif.

I managed a no-dancer run this week which put me (for now) in the top score bracket. Without pulling to get Mia another merge that's as far as I'm going to get.

1. L!Leif: Even with Njorun's Zeal shut down by those special Sacred Seals he's incredibly useful.
  2. Harmonic!Mia+1: For scoring and killing.
  3. L!Lucina+2: For using WoM to hop around sniping thieves.
  4. F!Morgan+5: Mostly there to use Aerobatics to move Lucina over the forest and provide a small stat buff.

Another map that was not that hard.

I failed in my first attempt in this map because Echidna managed to kill Leif, but then I changed Mia's seal to Atk Smoke, resulting in Leif having more HP after the combat against Fae and having enough HP to survive Echidna. Tibarn dominated the left side.

Well i did this on the first try with 
Tibarn, Mia, Leanne and Altina.  - first time without having to use the guide. (with the more attempts i might just try on my own, and when it goes critical i'll use the guides). 

outside of Leanne/Reyson/Rafiel - i'm not a fan of beasts, but for this mode i might actually like TIbarn lol. he gets jobs done