Resonant Battles General Thread

Vicious Sal

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Season will be Awakening and Binding Blade units, with Blazing Blade enemy units.

I believe we will have Awakening and Radiant Dawn as bonus game until August's Special Banner, which I expect to introduce a new Harmonized Hero.

This one... in my opinion... was the hardests map so far.

@Vicious Sal @LordFrigid @Landmaster @BoaFerox @mcsilas

Bramimond was totally needed here, since he is so broken. I used 8 attempts to be able to beat this map... EIGHT! To be fair, I spent 1 or 2 attempts trying Bramimond against Innes and L'Arachel. Deflect Melee was also great here, because of Gerik. Chill Atk was needed here, since because Ephraim doesn't have 35 Spd Bramimond cannot double him, so with a debuff on the prince, Bramimond was able to trigger his guaranteed follow-up. I still needed an item to kill Ephraim. I hope I can fix that Atk bane on my Bramimond next month.

I had to use a dancer this week, which unsurprisingly ended up making it far too easy. I might have been able to figure out a non-dancer solution, but I really couldn't be bothered this time. Altina and Harmonic!Mia as usual, plus Giga!Nino and Reyson. Since Altina could ORKO both Gerik and Ewan while Nino destroyed Ephraim, I found it much easier to rush up the left side, then quickly switch over to the right with Reposition shenanigans.

@Diovani Bressan

Nice Bramimond showcase. Funny how the seal effect works in your favor, keeping him above the HP threshold for Atk/Def Push. I also liked the Swap near the end from Mia to get Reyson that extra space of movement that he needed.

~

I went with Yune, Raven, Reyson, and Naesala. Wings of Mercy is the best.

Spoiler

@LordFrigid Oh Wow! Nice play with Naesala. You did a great job moving him through the foes, and reaching the superior left corner before the Charm Seal Thief escaped.

Yeah. the Healing the seals grant were useful to keep the Push effect, but by the cost of WoM at some times.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:52 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

This one... in my opinion... was the hardests map so far.

Bramimond was totally needed here, since he is so broken. I used 8 attempts to be able to beat this map... EIGHT! To be fair, I spent 1 or 2 attempts trying Bramimond against Innes and L'Arachel. Deflect Melee was also great here, because of Gerik. Chill Atk was needed here, since because Ephraim doesn't have 35 Spd Bramimond cannot double him, so with a debuff on the prince, Bramimond was able to trigger his guaranteed follow-up. I still needed an item to kill Ephraim. I hope I can fix that Atk bane on my Bramimond next month.

Good clear, Dio, Brammi is always good to have around when he's in rotation. This one was super hard~

On 7/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, LordFrigid said:

I went with Yune, Raven, Reyson, and Naesala. Wings of Mercy is the best.

Hide contents

So hard that I basically stole this strat~ I wasn't sure how many of these Seals were necessary and I stupidly forgot to put Galeforce back on my Naesala, but Yune just got a kill to fix that and I used the boots where he didn't transform for that particular turn. 

So yeah, awesome clear here, using your WOM to move everyone up and the Smite to get Naesala to the other side was a great play. I never would have thought of that~

My problem was the trenches, I'm so used to using Lethe and she just couldn't move at all. Plus Ewan is horrible on this map.

I sent in my usual squad of Naesala, Tibarn, and Reyson, with Winter Jaffar rounding it out this time. Ended up giving Jaffar several new skills to properly take on the powerful enemies here, in particular, finally pulling the trigger on the Lethal Carrot. I'd been planning on doing that for a while, so it's nice to finally get a reason to stop putting it off. Took a couple of tries even after doing that, though, since I messed up my item use the first time. Took out everything except Ephraim and Amelia in 3 turns, which was important since I couldn't give Ephraim a chance to annihilate someone. 

Edited by Othin

This one was a challenge, but I did it! I was able to beat it in my 5th attempt, and it was abusing of luck... since I used the Veil and it picked the one unit I needed between 3 units. But then 3 attempts later I was able to beat it without the need of luck.

@Landmaster @LordFrigid @mcsilas

@Diovani Bressan

Nice mini-rampage by Mia at the end there. I didn’t realize Ephraim had Odd Follow-Up initially and got confused as to why Mist didn’t double him. Seems like he was a good pick-up for you.

~

This week’s map was more WoM abuse with Duo Ephraim, Legendary Lucina, Flying Olivia, and Cherche.

Spoiler

I missed a thief the first time, had to give both tactic buffs to Flying Olivia and Smite, Wagasa and Chill Speed to Cynthia to support Yarne and Lon'qu.

Yarne is really going to need more merges, Fury 4 and a speed boon.

Last week I either missed a thief or lost a unit (can’t remember) but I thankfully still promoted or whatever. I got the highest tier I could get is what I’m trying to say! Lol

This mode is definitely getting tougher, and PM1’s solution is unfortunately growing outside of my comfort range in terms of giving so many random skills to random units I never use. He’s great though, so I’m grateful!! If the rewards were better I would definitely commit to his solutions. 

Anyway, I’m proud of myself for figuring out this solution after about 4 or so solid attempts (S and C slot tweaking mostly). Summer Tana cleared the path to the right—tanking Soren like a pro! Summer Mia hard carried on the left, she got Ike and Mist in the first round. Flying Olivia is a godsend because of her falicorn, and Gerome was on clean up duty, but I would say his Brave Axe/DB4/GF combo is the MVP. After picking off that pesky Elincia with Mia, he was able to fly around and drive the thieves + Oscar crazy. I adore him, and I can’t wait to finish him off when I get enough feathers (...also after Niles lol). 

I managed to get another perfect clear with my usual conditions (no dancers, no items), mostly by abusing the heck out of Harmonic!Mia's Atk/Spd Gap. Luckily I was able to use Sacred Seals to finagle stats so all 3 of my other units were able to proc it simultaneously.

1. +HP Harmonic!Mia+1: Luna, HP/Spd 2 seal
  2. +HP L!Lucina+2: Luna, (unnecessary in hindsight) HP/Def 2 seal
  3. +Spd L!Ephraim+2: Pivot, Hone Cavalry, Atk+1 seal
  4. +Spd SM!Eirika+2: Effect!Gleipnir, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fortify Cavalry, Atk+3 seal

I did have to inherit Pivot onto Ephraim, but other than that I was able to finish this quite cleanly.

On 8/4/2020 at 1:34 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

This one was a challenge, but I did it! I was able to beat it in my 5th attempt, and it was abusing of luck... since I used the Veil and it picked the one unit I needed between 3 units. But then 3 attempts later I was able to beat it without the need of luck.

Ooo nice work, Dio!

This one was the first one where I had to use a PM1 Guide. All these Smite strats just go right over my small IQ~

I went in with my usual Awakening go-to of Aversa, Olivia, and Legendary Chrom+Lucina. Was able to take out Soren, Mist, and Ike, and get through the middle to take out the thieves closest to the exit, then was able to take my time with finishing off the remaining ones. The stats sure are getting high, but I didn't find this to be one of the more troublesome maps. 390 points has me on track to move up to T18.

Huh, looks like I'm demoting down into Tier 17 this time around. Just can't defeat all the thieves this time around. I can only have Elincia and NY!Anna do so much for me on this map and the most I was able to do was have Anna defeat five of the six thieves. If only the thief with Dancing Viel didn't start so close to the exit and wasn't surrounded by beefed up beast units. Ah well, thankfully I'm not losing too much out of the rewards from this mode.

Almost got baited into promoting OG Anna this week but fortunately sanity prevailed and Summer Ylgr proved more than a worthy substitute for following the PM1 guide. Sheesh, wonder how long I can get away with doing this on the cheap.

This was a fun one. I used Lif and Thrasir as my main heavy hitters, Peony as support with WoM, and Halloween Rolf in the fourth slot with WoM as well. Rolf worked out really well, between his mobility, self- damage, and innate Spd Wave skill activating on the most relevant turns. On the first turn, he teleported to Peony after Lif dealt 40 damage to her, and used Swap to put Lif into Sothe's range. On the third turn, he killed the Dancer's Veil thief and used the item to refresh himself, then Peony headed over to the left so Rolf could teleport to her and snipe the other Turn 3 thief from outside of Nailah's range. 

Last week, managed it with Ewan, Tethys, S!Tana and Yarne, actually on first try! However, when I went back to try to record it days later I couldn't remember what I'd done.

This week turned out kinda fun getting to use some units I hadn't much in a while! Aside from Peony of course. Also, all blue units!

Only SI used was the attack wave on Laegjarn, she needed 1 more attack to kill the blue thief.