Resonant Battles General Thread

Vicious Sal

I used double PP!Veronicas and double Peonys and brute forced my way through. Used quite a few tries since I kept forgetting to use the Harmonic skillĀ on key turns which resulted in PP!Veronica dying.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to do another perfect no-dancer run, this time by taking advantage of Lilith's gimmick and supporting her with Harmonic!Veronica for easy teleportation and Reposition shenanigans. Harmonic!Mia did her usual slaughtering, while B!Micaiah also showed up to annihilate Donnel, provide debuffs, and jab at thieves here and there. Thankfully IS made it so only one thief escapes on Turn 3 this time. I even had enough freedom to take out all of the guard characters before finishing off the last thief. Now I'm sitting on a comfortable 442, which should guarantee me a spot in Interval 20.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This one was soooooo easy! I did it in my first try!

Ā 

Nice work, Dio! You're right, it was pretty easy this week~ I used the beast team and only needed 2 attempts~

One of my beast weeks in a really long time. Used Hel, Peony, B Veronica and L. Chrom. In the hardest difficulty I only missed a thief and that was because Peony couldn't dance for anyone to get him. My Heroes cast has to be my most powerful one I think.Ā 

Lif, Thrasir, Peony, and Legendary Chrom are all among my top units for this mode, so they made pretty short work of this week. Messed up my first attempt, but on my second attempt, they swept through everything except Beruka and Keaton in three turns. Unfortunately anyone with either Harmonic can still outscore me, so I'm not sure this will do much.Ā 

Hmm, if the long-term trend of this mode is to just rotate 10 maps and alternately promote and demote each week, then it's not as painful as it might have seemed at first. Following a guide once a fortnight and just autobattling to a token score every other week means the RB/AB rotation we have now ends up about as much effort as the weekly AB was.

Huh, this week was surprisingly easy. I didn't even need to use anything more gimmicky than L!Lucina's Future Vision. Veronica did little beyond Repositioning due to the trenches and the guard characters not being good targets for her, but Mia did superlatively well sniping thieves. The fourth team member was Eir, who was just barely strong enough to take out the thief standing next to Rhajat on Turn 1 while still being able to survive Enemy Phase against her (unlike Lucina). Looks like I'm moving up to Interval 21. It's nice to actually be in the top ranks for a change.

So I forgot that enemy units had built-in Obstruct and I also forgot to give Tharja Reposition (Draw Back messed up one of my turns) and yet I still managed to get a perfect score on this one on my first try and killed all of the guardians.

Veronica and Mia ran up the left. Tharja and Flying Olivia up the right.

This looks challening at first, but then I found a Miracle that helped me... literally... because I inherited Miracle on Claude. lol

I also got Miracle on Silas, but he survived the combat, so I removed it and give him Bonfire back.

@LordFrigid @BoaFerox @mcsilas @daisy jane @Landmaster

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This looks challening at first, but then I found a Miracle that helped me... literally... because I inherited Miracle on Claude. lol

I also got Miracle on Silas, but he survived the combat, so I removed it and give him Bonfire back.

Ā 

Silas was awesome, naturally surviving F!Byleth~ Noice work~

I recorded mine for fun, since it was pretty easy, I got it on the first try~

Ā 

Another clean win, although it took a dancer this time. Veronica did basically all of the work, with Lililth, Azura, and Annette all working toĀ support her in various ways. My strategy was to make a big loop up and around the left side to avoid Annette and Lysithea. A WoM dancer really does make this mode too easy even at Tier 21.

Finally got around to doing this week's map. Brave Lysithea basically soloed it with help from Legendary Azura, the only need for the rest of my team was having Summer Corrin use Reposition once so Azura could catch back up on Turn 2 and regular Dimitri taking out the opposing Lysithea so she wouldn't interfere with that.

5 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

With an unmerged Veronica, you drop down from T21 to T20. Oh well, being able to bounce between 20 and 21 is fine.

Wait a minute...

I have an unmerged Veronica (+0) and I am keeping Interval 21. My score is 430, and its possible with one +0 Harmonized Hero.

Did you fail to get all thieves? Are you using the right units? Its Fates and Three Houses this Season.

Edit: I just checked here and you are using a unit that is not Fates/3H. In this case, your score will be 355+60, which is your current score: 415.

Do you have any attempts left?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Wait a minute...

I have an unmerged Veronica (+0) and I am keeping Interval 21. My score is 430, and its possible with one +0 Harmonized Hero.

Did you fail to get all thieves? Are you using the right units? Its Fates and Three Houses this Season.

Edit: I just checked here and you are using a unit that is not Fates/3H. In this case, your score will be 355+60, which is your current score: 415.

Do you have any attempts left?

Youā€™re right, i dun goofed. Thank you so much for keeping an eye out. I really appreciate it! ^^

I gave kagero my last Frederick WoM 2 and quickly went through the map.

8 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Youā€™re right, i dun goofed. Thank you so much for keeping an eye out. I really appreciate it! ^^

I gave kagero my last Frederick WoM 2 and quickly went through the map.

No problem! ^^

I am glad it worked for you!

So after muddling through with a solution that left me uncomfortably close to the cutoff at 421, I stumbled upon a route that not only gave me a much more comfortable score of 431, but also required only a singleĀ use of Dance and quite literally made the fourth unit completely unnecessary. I was one move away from an outright 2-unit clear. I'm so pleased with myself that I'm actually going to post some screenshotsĀ of what I did for once.

Spoiler

Start of Turn 1. The Lilith-Veronica B-support is going to do 95% of the work, Azura is there for the one Dance, and poor Hrid is completely superfluous.

KPMdhKu.jpg?1

End of Turn 1. Veronica takesĀ out Maria -> Lilith RepositionsĀ Azura into Dance range -> Veronica breaks wall. Aside from oneĀ merge and seal she's completely vanilla.

VhVCKEM.jpg?1

Start of Turn 2. Here you can see that, Reposition and seal aside, Lilith is also completely vanilla.

kGSRX6B.jpg?1

End of Turn 2. Lilith takes out red thief -> Veronica takes out Merric. Azura and Hrid haven't moved.

uL3Z56d.jpg?1

Start of Turn 3.

XlMjXOC.jpg?1

End of Turn 3. Lilith takes out other red thief ->Ā Veronica takes out blue thief. Azura and Hrid still haven't moved.

2zsxqnE.jpg?1

At this point it was trivial to wait for the remaining thieves to wander into range.Ā And bam, victory. No items used, no damage suffered.

DFF5jYG.jpg?1

I really stumbled upon the dream team with Lilith and Veronica. This map in particular had the enemies spaced out just right for maximum efficiency of action, but in general Lilith's ability to teleport to her support partner with zero conditions is absurdly useful in this game mode.

Ā