Resonant Battles General Thread

Vicious Sal

On 9/15/2020 at 7:59 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Another nice season in Resonant Battles. Took me 2-3 tries to deal with this map.

@KMT4ever Lilith looks fun to use. I hope a Lilith pity break me in the future. lol

Noice double Xander clear!

I ended up using his son, he did a pretty good job

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/15/2020 at 7:59 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Another nice season in Resonant Battles. Took me 2-3 tries to deal with this map.

@KMT4ever Lilith looks fun to use. I hope a Lilith pity break me in the future. lol

That's a neat method! I was able to mimic the "Cavalry Lunge" approach with Legendary Corrin, Hrid, Brave Veronica, and Legendary Azura. Hrid took out Maria with help from Veronica while Azura danced Corrin so she could reach the left thief, then Hrid took a hit from Tiki and charged up the middle so Corrin and Azura could teleport to him and help him take down Merric and the thieves. (Veronica got left behind because I haven't given her Wings of Mercy.)

I'm still stuck demoting to T19, so it doesn't seem to have gotten me anywhere, but nice to get that perfect score regardless. I'll have to keep that method in mind for future weeks.

8D49GxO.jpgrMdu5E5.jpgl0vQOBv.jpgsJhWzLp.jpg

@Othin Oh nice! I am happy that my clear helped you to clear it as well.

Resonant Battles is making me use skills that I didn't use before, like these after combat movement B skills, and even Miracle. I used Miracle in that map with busted 3H units, so Claude could survive Edelgard's attack.

In my first attempt to this map, I tried to kill Sirius... but without success. Then the plan changed from killing him to just ignoring him. Having the Dance Veil in a easy obtainable spot helped though.

It's super uncommon for me to be in a situation where I actually end up using non-support, non-bird beasts, so I was super excited that Keaton ended up being the perfect unit to bring to blow through the really annoying right-hand side.

+1 Duo Veronica [+Spd] (Gate-Anchor Axe, Bonfire, Atk/Def Solo 4, Lunge, Atk/Def Gap 3, Sturdy Blow 2)
+10 Legendary Azura [+Spd] (Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Wings of Mercy 3, Atk Tactic 3)
+2 Kaden [+Atk] (Kitsune Fang, Smite, Spd/Res Link 3)
+4 Keaton [+Atk] (Wolfskin Fang, Moonbow, Death Bow 3, Special Spiral 3, Quickened Pulse)

Keaton was 1 Atk short of being able to one-round kill Barst, but he survives the double on the counterattack, so I could just make him go first on turn 2 and use the Dancer's Veil on him to finish the job. Kaden uses Smite on Azura on turn 1 to keep her in range of Keaton (which unfortunately de-transforms him for turn 2, which loses him 2 Atk and his Wo Dao), with Spd/Res Link giving him enough Spd to prevent Maria from doubling him, and Smites Veronica over the trenches on the left on turn 2 so she can reach Sirius. Smooth sailing after that.

Took me some attempts to find the right path to victory. This time, Vantage was the requirement so Mia got a new skill.

I have to say: Glimmer is great on Duo Palla, because the special animation is the unit attacking 3 times and it works so well with his unit... especially when the Special quote is "Triangle Attack!".

@Landmaster @mcsilas @BoaFerox @daisy jane

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Now I really regret not being patient and watching a F2P guide two weeks ago because I'd be in interval 19 ranking up to 20 so I would get 2000 more feathers. That would compensate the Cain I upgraded for Tharja, and here I though I wouldn't care that much back then.

Okay, this one was just silly.

Cleared T19 with Young Marth, regular Olivia, Legendary Chrom, and +10 Cherche. Cherche could probably work without merges, but you'd need a way to get her enough Spd, because somehow that turned out relevant.

Also features a carefully set-up Galeforce, and Marth fighting both lance armors. Other than Galeforce, all the SI is available at 3*, which is pretty neat.

ps0Uqly.jpgl9z8H0V.jpgMw44yAc.jpgqStTFMt.jpg2nhpR1b.jpgyaB8Gwb.jpgyGyQ4fD.jpgB4l1s00.jpg7PKX0BX.jpgNc7615F.jpgCcwCWlo.jpgBn97oiU.jpgQWie9Sb.jpgyVdAxBE.jpgEfhZetO.jpgiut66GT.jpgAjw6y9V.jpgbONgqit.jpg9atwvH6.jpgbO8KARg.jpgGaHdtqF.jpgSyB2TIl.jpgtSeQ8lp.jpgH3HLrVp.jpg

After the sheer elegance of my clear last week, this week's was really crude but kind of funny. My team was Harmonic!Mia+1, L!Lucina+2, Olivia, and Groom!Marth+1 of all units because he happened to have Wings of Mercy. I had absolutely nobody who could take out Valbar and Forsyth, so I rushed up the right side instead. I ended up having to use Swap and Future Vision on Mia 3 times in a row on Turn 3 in order to daisy-chain her up to the top of the map so Olivia could dance her into range of the top red thief. Thankfully my score of 431 should leave me safely in Tier 21 for another week.

And so ends the last Resonant Battle with its original difficulty. I even managed to completely clear the map this time. B!Celica did amazing work with Galeforce and her new refine, taking out Lachesis, Ced, and Fallen!Julia all on Turn 1. Since Lilith couldn't come to the party Veronica unfortunately couldn't pull their usual shenanigans, but she still cleared most of the top left by herself while Celica went right. Peony and Eir completed the team. I've still managed to avoid using map-specific SI or any of the items, and with things getting easier from now on I can hopefully keep that trend going.

• 2 weeks later...

This week was absurdly easy thanks to the stat drops. I cleared it on my first try with a pretty unsurprising team.

1. +HP Harmonic!Tiki+1: She didn't do very much beyond Repositioning. Melee has never been especially useful in this mode anyway, but Veronica at least had cavalry movement to assuage that. I didn't even need to use her Harmonized skill.
  2. +Def/-Res L!Leif: Useful as ever. Even with Njorun's Zeal being nerfed by the seals he did most of the work due to being just barely strong enough to ORKO the thieves with an Atk+3 seal.
  3. Fallen!Julia+2: She swept Olwen and Reinhardt away with trivial ease, then moved on to Leif and Osian. Not much else to say.
  4. +Spd/-Atk Phina: Dancing as usual, although she did get to fight Osian for a round before Julia pulverized him.

Easy map this week. Tiki is pretty fun to use, and also very strong!

@Vicious Sal Cool that you got into Interval 21 with a unit that is not from the bonus titles. Looks like the scores were very low last season, since players without Harmonized reached Interval 21 as well.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Easy map this week. Tiki is pretty fun to use, and also very strong!

@Vicious Sal Cool that you got into Interval 21 with a unit that is not from the bonus titles. Looks like the scores were very low last season, since players without Harmonized reached Interval 21 as well.

Yeah Klein just ended up being what I needed and somehow it was enough score wise. I don’t get the leniency of the mode but i’ll take it after my derp last week. Should not have dropped. Was my bad and not needed at all.

Tiki/Ninian is so useful with her duo skill. I manged to kill every enemy on the map with a team of Brave lyn, Bridal Ninian, Legendary Leif and Tiki/Ninian. Side note Tiki/Ninian and Bridal Ninian is a fun pair to use together for more than just Resonant battles take all the turns.

Pretty easy this week, but it could be pretty hard for me since I don't have Phina or Larum. I am glad that Tiki has a dancing skill effect. I believe I would be able to do it without the Harmonized skill... but why not use it and make the things easier for me, right?

• 1 month later...

I scored an easy win with Legendary Azura and Brave Claude/Lysithea/Dimitri, for 405 points, and... apparently I'm in range to go up to T21??? There's still a couple of days left in the season, and dropping about 360 ranks would be enough to fall out of the threshold, but still, I'm not used to even getting this close to making T21 without a Harmonic. Are most of the players with Veronica in other tiers right now?

On 11/28/2020 at 1:09 PM, Othin said:

I scored an easy win with Legendary Azura and Brave Claude/Lysithea/Dimitri, for 405 points, and... apparently I'm in range to go up to T21??? There's still a couple of days left in the season, and dropping about 360 ranks would be enough to fall out of the threshold, but still, I'm not used to even getting this close to making T21 without a Harmonic. Are most of the players with Veronica in other tiers right now?

If you have a Harmonic Hero, you are basically guaranteed in Interval 21, so I think the majority of players that have them are in Interval 21 already.

Interval 21 is a little more competitive when both bonus titles have a harmonic hero (for example, next week will be Blazing Blade and Heroes, which have Tiki and Veronica as HH, respectively), but normally having only one is enough.

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If you have a Harmonic Hero, you are basically guaranteed in Interval 21, so I think the majority of players that have them are in Interval 21 already.

Interval 21 is a little more competitive when both bonus titles have a harmonic hero (for example, next week will be Blazing Blade and Heroes, which have Tiki and Veronica as HH, respectively), but normally having only one is enough.

Yeah, I'm used to hitting or even maintaining T21 with just one, I was just thrown by hitting it with zero.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I'm used to hitting or even maintaining T21 with just one, I was just thrown by hitting it with zero.

Sometimes it's possible to reach Interval 21 without harmonic heroes... probably when it's Veronica's time as bonus unit. She was released in a not good time for her... just after the New Mystery banner, that introduced two units with Spurn, and before CYL 4, which was the banner most players were waiting for... and the banner was followed by Legendary Corrin's banner and Dancer Sigurd's banner, so I understand players that didn't go for that banner... or at least didn't go for her, since Tibarn could be considered more interesting as a unit.

Maybe in her Double Special rerun, more people will have her... but right now I think she is the least owned Harmonic Hero because of bad timing with her banner.

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sometimes it's possible to reach Interval 21 without harmonic heroes... probably when it's Veronica's time as bonus unit. She was released in a not good time for her... just after the New Mystery banner, that introduced two units with Spurn, and before CYL 4, which was the banner most players were waiting for... and the banner was followed by Legendary Corrin's banner and Dancer Sigurd's banner, so I understand players that didn't go for that banner... or at least didn't go for her, since Tibarn could be considered more interesting as a unit.

Maybe in her Double Special rerun, more people will have her... but right now I think she is the least owned Harmonic Hero because of bad timing with her banner.

That makes sense. Good to know!

Was banking on Dancer's Veil to refresh Reyson on this week's map but it kept refreshing Tibarn so I had to work around that. Gave Tibarn Pass to slip pass the green thief near the top and move him out of Bernadetta's range.

Edited by Flying Shogi