List 1 daft but funny thing that's happened to you

James Marshall

How about we each list 1 daft yet funny thing that either has happened to us in Pokemon or that we have done in Pokemon?. Here's mine

Yesterday I send all 30 Pokemon that I had in Box 1 on A Poke-Job that required 30 Pokemon, then woke up this morning and as I'd forgot that I'd sent them on A Poke-Job I though that I'd lost 30 Pokemon, among them The 2 Cover Legendaries, Eteranus, 2 Zerora's, 1 Shiny Golurk that I caught in-game, 2 Shiny Gyrados from Gen 4, A 3rd Shiny Gyrados from The 3DS EShop version of Silver, The 4 Event Pokemon from the last few weeks, The Charizard that I got from Leon as A Charmander, The Silvally that I evolved from The Type Null I got at The Battle Tower and A Kommo-o that was originally A Jangmo-o that I got from A Code that I'd got for preordering it

Edited by James Marshall

Dang bro, that must have scared you to death!

For me I guess it was when I but my gba down while naming and my cousin named me loser, so i thought it was a glitch and 5 or 6 year old me got really sad lol

Must have been when my gigantic snake beast Onyx fell to a mere tiny Poliwag and I went to my uncle to ask however could that have happened when the Onys was so much larger and stronger.

I learned weapon types that day.

I remember spending hours trying to make more tyrogue eggs many years ago, not knowing that baby pokemon cannot breed. I had to be told so by a friend. It's just one of those obtuse rules you gotta watch out for. Had a similar incident playing crystal version more recently. Hours of trying to get an egg from jigglypuff, then I read an obscure fact online about how, only in Gen 2, if the mother and father pokemon have the same defense iv, they cannot breed. And no dialogue from the day care center alerts you that it won't work. It's a bug. Once I swapped out the father, I got the egg within a minute.

Edited by Glennstavos

I spent hours as a kid trying to breed a plusle and minun together believing that it would create a fusion of the two. I did so many things from chain breeding to hunting down specific natures to trying to do impossible/tedious tasks that would somehow enable it to work. Needless to say that it never worked out and I was just being duped by the internet.

And maybe not daft but still something I found amusing was when I first played through the origanal Gold and got to the Elite 4 I ended up buying a ton of revives and using Haunter to destiny bond most of their pokemon to take them down with me. It was my first pokemon game and I sucked so that was the only way in my mind to win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing Gen 2 as a 11 year old, breeding rattatas to get more rattatas, until one day I thought "hey what if I breed a magikarp and a chinchou to get a hybrid fish pokemon?"

I got a magikarp.