What has IS been up to?

Ottservia

Okay so as we all know Koei Tecmo handled the bulk of development for 3H and IS just lended a couple directors and staff. And from what I hear the new paper mario is being done by the mario and luigi team which IS just kinda absorbed. So that leaves the only project IS has been working on in house(at least to our knowledge) to be heroes and I doubt a mobile game requires that big of a team to be working on it. It makes me wonder what the main staff over at IS has been up to in recent years.

Edited by Ottservia

The development for Origami King must have gone very fast if its done by the Mario and Luigi people. If I recall correctly they only went backrupt last year and if the people they absorbed are carrying the lead it must mean that the dev time was extremely short. 

Maybe we would have already known what IS was working on if E3 hadn't been cancelled. I guess we'll have to wait and see. A remake is a decent bett.

I also think a remake is reasonable, it's a good way for them to get more experience with the console and the engine that KT left them (I'm assuming they are going to reuse the core at least, as they have done with other games launched in the same console).

And while we are at it, put my money on a Binding blade remake. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 4:46 PM, Edrey said:

I also think a remake is reasonable, it's a good way for them to get more experience with the console and the engine that KT left them (I'm assuming they are going to reuse the core at least, as they have done with other games launched in the same console).

And while we are at it, put my money on a Binding blade remake. 

I second this idea. They need time to work with the system and a report/remaster using this system to really understand reviews from fans. 

But where i disagree is the game. I put my money on Blazing Sword. 

From a business point of view they could easily make money (and in the process upset us like usual) off it. By the dreaded "version" release. Where you make a game but have different versions. They'll probably force us to buy DLC (knowing some of us will front the money). They'll make a Eliwood version, Hector Version, and Lyn's version will be DLC. Im calling it now. They are gonna make us turn our wallets upside with the next one. They see the $ on Blazing Sword. Just to get the whole game they'll fragment it and make us buy all the pieces to see it all. 

Sealed Sword doesn't have that potential since it's all Roy's story. But then again they could make a dlc version of brand new chapters from Lilians pov before Roy helps her. Maybe flesh out that rebellion. Who knows. 

Edited by Tediz64

On 6/29/2020 at 9:17 AM, Tediz64 said:

From a business point of view they could easily make money (and in the process upset us like usual) off it. By the dreaded "version" release. Where you make a game but have different versions. They'll probably force us to buy DLC (knowing some of us will front the money). They'll make a Eliwood version, Hector Version, and Lyn's version will be DLC

Sounds like a stretch. Neither with Shadows of Valentia nor with Three Houses did they go with this strategy, so why would they now? 

On another note, we are long overdue for some new Pullblox. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, one leaker came forward saying that they currently have 2 games in development for next year. Take that with a huge grain of salt, but I'd like to speculate on that.

I do not think that both titles are Fire Emblem. That's just unrealistic and makes little sense from a business perspective. I think the most likely scenario, and the one that most makes simultaneous development possible, is that one of these is a FE Echoes title (Geneology, Binding Blade, and Path of Radiance being the most likely). The other, after checking IS's release history, is most likely Wario Ware.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier