Who should get the rings?

Jimbo101

I'm playing FE4 for the first time and don't know how to distribute the rings/bands. Sigurd has the speed ring, Jamke has the magic ring and Ayra has the skill ring. Who should get the return band or any future rings/bands? 

Return bands you can give to anyone whose kids need money. I've never found them all that useful myself, but they're A GREAT WAY TO DIVERSIFY YOUR PORTFOLIO inheritable wealth, so that's nice. As for the rest of them, there's a really good guide here:

Spoiler

It covers inheritance and pairing, but includes who should probably have specific rings. In the end though, FE4 isn't all that hard so you'll be fine whatever you do. Good luck, and have fun!! FE4 is awesome!

Edited by eclipse

On 6/19/2020 at 4:14 PM, Jimbo101 said:

I'm playing FE4 for the first time and don't know how to distribute the rings/bands. Sigurd has the speed ring, Jamke has the magic ring and Ayra has the skill ring. Who should get the return band or any future rings/bands? 

Just wanna say, that's doing nothing for him. I would give the Magic Ring to Azel or Lewyn, since they actually fight with magic. Maybe Tiltyu once you get her. The Return band can be good on Sigurd (sometimes going back to the home castle after siezing helps him reach the next one sooner) or your Return Staff user (ironic... they could return others, but not themselves).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 6:04 PM, eclipse said:

I didn't realize reddit previews could be that obnoxiously long, so I shoved it in a spoiler tag.

Ah, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

If you have them, Pursuit Band goes to Lewyn/Tiltyu/Noish, or Ethlyn if you don't really need it in Gen 1. Bargain Ring goes to a holy weapon user.

Live Ring, I like to give to Erin and have her pass it down as well. I tend to give her the Power Ring also, but Sigurd or Midir can make good use of it as well. I usually give the Shield Ring to Ayra, but there are definitely better candidates, namely a mounted unit. The Barrier should go to someone who has good but not great Res, Lachesis/Lewyn/Erin are usually my choices, though Sigurd can hold it until chapter 5 as well.

If you get the Defence Sword, that one is kind of a toss-up, though i usually just throw that on Erin too. I like to put it on a unit with Canto, so that they can switch to it after killing something. It's really only useful for approaching Ballistae or when sword-locked characters can't do anything on Enemy Phase.

Edited by Fraven Pooth