Canon of the Cipher Characters?

I'm just kinda curious since the wiki claims they're from locations from Fates and Fates seems to be after Awakening. (So it'd be a large time paradox for them to be really far in the past.)

Are they simply alternate universe versions of themselves from the Card Game just existing in the Echoes Continuity?

I know it doesn't really matter I'm just curious if they're still their Card game selves. (So still from the Fates locations,)

11 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

I know it doesn't really matter I'm just curious if they're still their Card game selves. (So still from the Fates locations,)

This

The main cast as far as I can remember don't even acknowledge that they exist in game.

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

This

The main cast as far as I can remember don't even acknowledge that they exist in game.

Yeah I know, I'm just wondering if they're actually still from the Fates locations and simply travelled all the way to Valentia or just simply born in different locations in Echoes.

Edited by Samz707

1 minute ago, Samz707 said:

Yeah I know, I'm just wondering if they're actually still from the Fates locations and simply travelled all the way to Valentia or just simply born in different locations in Echoes.

Well Echoes takes place in the same world as Awakening, and we already saw the Awakening trio in Fates, so I assume some kind of dimension hopping exists. 

23 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

and Fates seems to be after Awakening.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

In the Before Awakening DLC of Fates, Chrom knows about Nohr and Hoshido from ancient legends, or something like that.

Rhajat's support with Corrin (it's the same in both versions I think) implies Tharja is her reincarnation.

There may be other things, but I can't recall them if so.

12 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well Echoes takes place in the same world as Awakening, and we already saw the Awakening trio in Fates, so I assume some kind of dimension hopping exists. 

I think in Hidden Truths it is stated they traveled through space and time to reach the land of Fates.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

In the Before Awakening DLC of Fates, Chrom knows about Nohr and Hoshido from ancient legends, or something like that.

Rhajat's support with Corrin (it's the same in both versions I think) implies Tharja is her reincarnation.

There may be other things, but I can't recall them if so.

I think in Hidden Truths it is stated they traveled through space and time to reach the land of Fates.

Oh okay, didn't get far in Awakening. (And I doubt I'll ever play any of the DLC and I didn't think Time Travel was just something people could just do willy nilly.)

So in other words ,we don't know where Fates is set relative to Echoes?

Edited by Samz707

4 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Oh okay, didn't get far in Awakening. (And I doubt I'll ever play any of the DLC and I doubt Time Travel was just something people could just do willy nilly.)

So in other words ,we don't know where Fates is set relative to Echoes?

Not Awakening, it's DLC from Fates.

More or less, yeah. By the way, Randal is from Elibe.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not Awakening, it's DLC from Fates.

More or less, yeah. By the way, Randal is from Elibe.

Wasn't aware Randal is from Elibe.

I kinda hope that isn't canon (I mean their card game characters so probably not.) as I'm not a big fan of "Everything needs to be linked" trend.

Emma and Yuzu are confirmed Hoshidan, Shade is Nohrian, RandalLando is Elibean, I can't say for sure about Alice and Valjean because I don't think they confirmed it, but their unpromoted cards were Colorless in a Heroes set, so they could feasibly be Askran, Emblian, or from some other kingdom(for goodness sake IS PLEASE at least add these two to FEH), Poe appears to be from Fodlan if her initial Brown cards are anything to go by, and Nieve...she claims to come from 'a world overflowing with the Boundless Chaos' which incidentally is a phenomenon or force that in Cipher canon allows the OCs to travel between worlds, so she's either from an unknown land or else the Warriors world, as it's the only world we've seen so far where worlds connect but not in a pleasant fashion like in FEH.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the Cipher lore, I believe that Emma, Randal, Yuzu and Shade are time travelers that took part or at least saw a lot of the wars of the games. When they say they are from a distant land, it's simply a vague way to say that they are from another time period and travel through events. So for example Emma and Yuzu are born in Hoshido but traveled through time and met Randal and other Cipher characters at some point. Apparently Shadows of Valentia is the only war that they are relevant enough to be remebered by name . 

Why and how they time travel is  open to interpretation. 

Edited by Mylady

It's just non canon world hopping through the method they also do in Cipher, they were still amazing additions that gave Cipher some much needed love.

Basically what a few others said. I'm pretty sure they just world hop, and partake in the various conflicts. Really it's just like Outrealms, feh's justification, and the general fiction trope of unlimited AUs. There are worlds/AUs people know them, and there's ones where they don't show up at all (i.e. the game we play or in Echoes case with DLC a playthrough). Regardless none of it is canon.

Cipher is Cipher but I agree with Seazas having ocs was a welcome addition. Especially since they're way more creative than FeW's sword ocs.