Here to see what other fans say about the series

UnShateorade

I've been playing too much Call of Duty and I want to slow it down. I found out about the fire emblem through looking up tactical RPG's. X-COM  was dope and I wanted something with that sweet grid but with a fantasy theme. The Fire Emblems came up after researching. Instantly sold I started playing the GBA titles and they were good. However I've been craving larger scale battles. Three house did not satiate my craving for big battles but did satiate my craving for feeeeeemmmmmBoooooois. Linhardt has his own file in my HARD drive. All jokes aside that body pillow with a hole cut out is coming soon.

I read the SNES titles have a high roster count I'll play them next starting with Mystery of the Emblem. I just want to manage pixels, man.

You ever notice that when a dog bites something that isn't food, he'll let it flop out of his mouth like how a Skyrim NPC deactivates?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but if Three Houses wasn't able to satisfy your appetite for huge sweeping battles, then Genealogy of the Holy War will probably be the only other candidate for that.  The scale is certainly unmatched by any other Fire Emblem game.  As for the quality of the game itself... ehhhhh... the best word for it would probably be "divisive".

Mystery's a good start in terms of getting familiar with the SNES titles - many would say it's one of the best balanced FE games.  If you want truly massive scale conflicts, you're gonna want Genealogy of the Holy War.  There are some chapters where you literally fight through an entire kingdom.  I'm not kidding - Chapter 1 is all of Verdane.  They're long chapters, and it's a lot of ground to trek - the chapters are so long in fact that they let you save progress in the middle of a chapter.  It also has probably the highest deployment limit in the series, though it's mostly because it doesn't really have a deployment limit and the amount of units you have never exceeds 24.

Welcome to the Forest, UnShateorade!

I guess you should go to FE4 (Genealogy's of the Holy War). It has ginormous maps.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

I forgot to mention that The hardest difficulty of three house turned me into an infant. The first castle siege with that armored guest stopped me dead in my tracks. Especially when the enemy pushes all their units when you take too long to route.  If I had twice as many units it would have been fine.

Thanks for the hellos. The SNES titles seem path. Genealogy of the Holy War sounds legit. I'll grease myself up to it by playing them chronologically. Or Chroniclogially CHA CHA CHA